PDA

View Full Version : Got an Idea to Shakeup Politics, Most should agree on both sides

thomashenry
04-30-2014, 07:46 PM
How about we Give our Veterans & their Families our Politicians Benefits, and give the Politicians the Veterans Benefits, Hell that would make sense in my Estimation and get things Going well, after all some use serving our country as a catch phrase others take it seriously ! Just a thought ! Personally I think it would work & some may even say Brilliant LOL

djflex
04-30-2014, 08:35 PM
I would support this

eomrat
04-30-2014, 08:53 PM
I would support this

In.

mixbwoy
04-30-2014, 09:11 PM
How about we Give our Veterans & their Families our Politicians Benefits, and give the Politicians the Veterans Benefits, Hell that would make sense in my Estimation and get things Going well, after all some use serving our country as a catch phrase others take it seriously ! Just a thought ! Personally I think it would work & some may even say Brilliant LOL

http://img.pandawhale.com/28113-Chuck-Norris-thumbs-up-gif-g35F.gif

so-tex
04-30-2014, 09:15 PM
I'm all for it.

Never gonna happen though. :(

SP1966
04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
In.

Your unbiased opinion is always appreciated! :)

Old-Time-Lifter
04-30-2014, 09:45 PM
Where you going to get the funds? There are one whale of a lot more vets then there are retired senators and representatives.

These kind of comments sound all great and wonderful but be careful as some folks aren't capable of taking the next step and will actually think it's a great idea.

BankWalker
04-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Where you going to get the funds?

China, of course.

V-240
05-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Well, IN.. Duhh!

But GOOD luck.

philipj
05-01-2014, 07:06 AM

philipj
05-01-2014, 07:08 AM
I have been handing out business cards reading:

Government is broken
FIX IT!!
Vote for ZERO incumbents

USAF Veteran Philip

whatevergirl
05-01-2014, 07:36 AM
I will have to look this up, but curious as to the percentage of politicians who have served in the military. Past presidents, politicians, etc..?

whatevergirl
05-01-2014, 07:38 AM
I have been handing out business cards reading:

Government is broken
FIX IT!!
Vote for ZERO incumbents

USAF Veteran Philip

Lol

Would be nice to see an independent rise up. Maybe some day.

Wayne Evans
05-01-2014, 07:48 AM
curious as to the percentage of politicians who have served in the military. Past presidents, politicians, etc..?

I've pondered this also.
I tend to think it might similar to the same percentage of those in the US that do serve in general....about 1 or 2 percent, but that's only an early morning guess.

For the record....given my respect for those that serve honorably and my disdain for all politicians I certainly like the idea.
Although, I do take this idea with more levity than seriousness.

Carry on....

NOVACommute
05-01-2014, 09:28 AM
Where you going to get the funds? There are one whale of a lot more vets then there are retired senators and representatives.

These kind of comments sound all great and wonderful but be careful as some folks aren't capable of taking the next step and will actually think it's a great idea.

^^^All of this.^^^ There ain't no rainbow stew. Second and third order effects must be considered.

I have great disdain for politicians as a group, yet I know that their jobs are incredibly difficult if performed to the position's actual intent. And even if you follow the duties of your position, there will always be people who hate you. I know I don't want the job of a senator or a congressman. It's not worth it to me.

wulf88
05-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I can live on 175000 a year with my family of five.....LOL

thomashenry
05-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Im in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I can live on 175000 a year with my family of five.....LOL Plus Beneee`s and no Obamanation care, don`t forget that

NOVACommute
05-01-2014, 11:44 AM
no Obamanation care

I don't think this should be limited to veterans; I believe all citizens should be exempt!

But good job reminding folks that Congress doesn't have to follow the law that they [and by 'they' I mean some, and by 'some' I mean no one I have ever voted for] passed.

KevinintheUSA
05-01-2014, 01:59 PM
More freebies. Every time a freebie is given out to one entity, everyone else must pay more. I oppose all freebies.

john-t-b
05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
I'm in.

It's not free when you serve in the military and give up that much of your life for your country.

But it is free when you get elected then vote to get the benefits.

KevinintheUSA
05-01-2014, 03:32 PM
I'm in.

It's not free when you serve in the military and give up that much of your life for your country.

But it is free when you get elected then vote to get the benefits.

Are you paying?

KevinintheUSA
05-01-2014, 04:01 PM
I got an idea. Eliminate freebies.

philipj
05-03-2014, 06:54 AM
Lol

Would be nice to see an independent rise up. Maybe some day.

We have a few office holders from not remocrat/depublican parties. Next Tuesday we have a statewide get together in the center of the state. I really think we are attracting Veterans like myself, and will see the total number of Liberal/Green/ & others, holding office in the next election.

LiquidDrink
05-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Worst idea ever to create favorites. How about free insurance to police and firemen? How about teachers? How about medical researchers? Where does it end? Either everyone should get it, paid through taxes or no one. If no one gets it, then purchase should be on the open market.

whatevergirl
05-04-2014, 11:44 AM
We have a few office holders from not remocrat/depublican parties.

I see what you did there. ;)

Next Tuesday we have a statewide get together in the center of the state. I really think we are attracting Veterans like myself, and will see the total number of Liberal/Green/ & others, holding office in the next election. Change takes time. I hope it goes as well as expected. :)

Tmax55
05-04-2014, 06:58 PM
I think politicians should all be paid $1 annually, get no healthcare and be prohibited from lobbying or being paid as a speaker for life.

So yeah ThomasHenry I'd sign on for your idea.

beachguy498
05-05-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm quite appalled by the way that our vets are treated. After all they give... and get nothing when they need it most. We have a Wounded Warrior program at work and take up collections for them as well. The feedback is great and makes it very worthwhile for us to do something for them. If only our government felt the same way.

Rob

whatevergirl
05-05-2014, 09:14 AM
I think politicians should all be paid $1 annually, get no healthcare and be prohibited from lobbying or being paid as a speaker for life.

So yeah ThomasHenry I'd sign on for your idea.

The latter part I agree with, but $1? Or are you being facetious? :o
I think they deserve a salary that is reasonable to what they do (but they must "do" something) lol

I'm not anti-politician but just seems that our gov't has gotten away from being "for" the people. (meaning us)