PDA

View Full Version : Logged Into Runescape After 4 Years...

arman24
04-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Wtf is this RS3 **** it's terrible. Has ***eX never heard of if it isn't broke don't fix it? I decided to log in for nostalgia's sake and see the homepage say there's only 50k people online. After I logged in I realized why that was the case. The wild/pking spots were dead, mini games are dead, and I heard pking is dead in general. All the years I spent playing during my childhood have gone to waste.

Herr13
04-30-2014, 04:52 PM
they ****ed their original playerbase over because they thought the EOC would attract new players. almost 2 years later and the player count is lower than it's ever been. now they are working on a way to mask the new ****ty combat system to make it look like the old one. lol. took them a year and a half to realize they screwed themselves

-they shove microtransaction promotions right in your face and harass you with emails. pay to win AND a subscription fee? lol, i don't think so tim
-they direct their players to shady websites to earn rune coins
-ban you for real world trading but now allow you to buy bonds to sell for gp in game
-ban gambling but allow you to purchase spins to play wheel of fortune

can't list all the stupid **** they've done

i'd probably still be playing if the decision makers weren't so stupid. mmorpgs are dying and those stupid ****s decided to make the game look like another generic one. yes i'm rustled. my childhood game got pooped on. 07 times were great but I wish they made a 2011 server instead (which is also an embarrassment in itself. brb releasing an old version because the new one sucks)

arman24
04-30-2014, 05:32 PM
they ****ed their original playerbase over because they thought the EOC would attract new players. almost 2 years later and the player count is lower than it's ever been. now they are working on a way to mask the new ****ty combat system to make it look like the old one. lol. took them a year and a half to realize they screwed themselves

-they shove microtransaction promotions right in your face and harass you with emails. pay to win AND a subscription fee? lol, i don't think so tim
-they direct their players to shady websites to earn rune coins
-ban you for real world trading but now allow you to buy bonds to sell for gp in game
-ban gambling but allow you to purchase spins to play wheel of fortune

can't list all the stupid **** they've done

i'd probably still be playing if the decision makers weren't so stupid. mmorpgs are dying and those stupid ****s decided to make the game look like another generic one. yes i'm rustled. my childhood game got pooped on. 07 times were great but I wish they made a 2011 server instead (which is also an embarrassment in itself. brb releasing an old version because the new one sucks)

I still can't believe they took out special attacks! Things like dragon claws and dds are useless now.

HowsMyClutch
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
I still can't believe they took out special attacks! Things like dragon claws and dds are useless now.

Special attacks are coming back btw, it's in the current combat beta.

Game is actually x10 better then it used to be, only problem is the micro transactions + Real World Trading.

Most of the 'playerbase' back in the day was bots actually. Bot detection is much much better then it used to be.

Latslikewings
04-30-2014, 06:00 PM

Game is actually x10 better then it used to be, only problem is the micro transactions + Real World Trading.

Most of the 'playerbase' back in the day was bots actually. Bot detection is much much better then it used to be.

I highly disagree.

I started playing back in 06 or so and RS was in its prime. There may have been bots, but real players outnumbered them heavily. Playing on the oldschool servers nowadays, I'd bet its at least 1:1 or 2:1 bots:players

HowsMyClutch
04-30-2014, 06:05 PM
I highly disagree.

I started playing back in 06 or so and RS was in its prime. There may have been bots, but real players outnumbered them heavily. Playing on the oldschool servers nowadays, I'd bet its at least 1:1 or 2:1 bots:players

Well, I mean alot of people did pvp and stuff but botted when they had to grind.

There were much more people for sure though.

TheMarshall
04-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Oldschool is alright but it's gotten so many random updates I can't keep up. I haven't played since September but I'll give it a try again this summer and see.

dick1010
04-30-2014, 08:11 PM

Most of the 'playerbase' back in the day was bots actually. Bot detection is much much better then it used to be. Game was x11 better in 01-06

Shaneomac0
04-30-2014, 11:37 PM
I remember being in a RS Clan called Chivalry Legions (I think that's what it was called) back around 2005-2006, it was the best Aussie Clan and ranked about 5th or 6th in the world.

To get into it I had to go on multiple mandatory PK's and had people assigned to watch me to make sure I called when we were attacking and had the correct equipment.

It was not long after that i made the switch to WoW, but dam i do miss those RS Clan days.

7Friez
04-30-2014, 11:41 PM
I remember being in a RS Clan called Chivalry Legions (I think that's what it was called) back around 2005-2006, it was the best Aussie Clan and ranked about 5th or 6th in the world.

To get into it I had to go on multiple mandatory PK's and had people assigned to watch me to make sure I called when we were attacking and had the correct equipment.

It was not long after that i made the switch to WoW, but dam i do miss those RS Clan days.

Lol i remember CL, we were one of the only other aussie clans

nothing will ever compare to them TS/Vent times and the 10+hr long wars at 6am

ChangeOfStyle
04-30-2014, 11:42 PM
They tried to bring back the old-runescape with the different version they added but it's just turning out to be the same. More updates are coming in each two or three days and people are wanting the same things that's on RS3. A month or so ago I started playing OSRS (old runescape) and got 99 WC, SS, dragon armor and such then quit because I was getting into it too much again plus my membership ran out. As much as games are quite fun to play, don't broaden your responsibility in them or you'll just get sucked in again.

Rest days = Gaming

Niko49ers
05-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Best time was 2007-2009 imo.

Been trying to play Old School for a few months now... can't get Java to work on my Mac. Any tips? Even tried downloading Swiftkit for Mac and wasn't wanting to load up the Old School....

What Jagex should have done IMO...

--Never gotten rid of the wild
--Give us clan support (how many of you were aware of this big protest the clan world was throwing? Robtokill, leader of Corruption spearheaded the movement)
1. Clan Wars Arena (they gave us that...but after they removed the wild
2. Ability to make clans in-game (they gave us that...but after they removed the wild
3. Essentially all of the 'clan support' that is in the game now...should have been given to us originally...and the wild never removed
4. A sweet flag/banner we could construct with our clan logo or clan initials... 1-Person Flag or 2-person Banner.....ie a 1-person flag would just be a guy with a flag...a 2-Person Banner would be a banner where 2 people would have to hold the ends... brb leading clan into battle w the leader charging with the flag
-Never taken away the wild
-Introduced new quest/story-lines with new equipment/weapons, NEW AREAS/MAP EXPANSION -> keep game interesting
-New bosses -> keep game interesting
-New mini-games -> keep game interesting
-New skills -> keep game interesting
(Sailing was always thrown around on RSC & RSB...it's never been done... the thought of it is really cool though. Why couldn't they pull it off?)
--Would open up an ENTIRE new combat system... boat fighting... could bring in pirate story lines too --> KEEP GAME INTERESTING
-Advance the graphics -> "evolve" graphically... graphics are pretty to look at..
(they've done this...but after the wilderness was removed, the core community that was Runescape left

Also...never should have changed the combat system. Runescape attracted it's crowd because it was SIMPLE. If people wanted it a bit more complicated, they moved over to WoW. Runescape was SIMPLE. Then they 'change it' to be slightly more complicated... but (brb broken record) the simplicity of the game was attractive.

But by the time EOC/they changed the combat, Runescape was already dead. Wild was removed and the core community left... was too late. Game was already drowning and EOC was a life-vest thrown out to save it but a shark came by and ate the life-vest.

http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=eh_staff - Ending Memberlist (how many names you recognize? elite & Broski are definite ones if you were involved in the clan world...)

Former Eternal Honour member checking in.

Pk'd EH?
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7324/300.png

EH Pride
http://imageshack.us/a/img382/3121/ehvsdfmarch22009ehpride.png

We Will Not Lose
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss151/Erniukasss/ScreenShot763.png

brb 300opts on a week day
brb signature home-tele after a win with signature 'eh out'....

~EH Out
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/samosaab/09-04-16182752.png

ChangeOfStyle
05-01-2014, 02:15 AM
Everything you mentioned has either been updated into OSRS or RS3. Sailing is added into OSRS a few weeks ago as far as I know, they rejuvenated the wilderness and added many new bosses in and out of the wilderness with some new items. Check out the patch notes if you're still into it.

Shauri
05-01-2014, 02:17 AM
New runescape sucks (srs). Last time I logged in was in 09.
Good times.
Feels.jpg

RoroCwalker
05-01-2014, 03:26 AM
"dd" <--- Most nostalgic word.

Best RS was pre-ditch or pre-godswords, IMO.

CW (real CW in the wild)
Varrock wild
Luring with friends
Mage bank (messing with those who wanted to get their staffs)
Green Drag bot hunting
Scamming with a noted Iron scimin
Castle Wars

So many other things...hhnnngggg.

Also preferred this interface ;
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9qRiuTYVW-I/UgpijZRlf9I/AAAAAAAAAJ8/7FYzp8a8G4Y/s320/15084332.png

Niko49ers
05-01-2014, 09:45 AM
Everything you mentioned has either been updated into OSRS or RS3. Sailing is added into OSRS a few weeks ago as far as I know, they rejuvenated the wilderness and added many new bosses in and out of the wilderness with some new items. Check out the patch notes if you're still into it.

Its good to see it now but its way too late lol

dcbone30
05-01-2014, 12:44 PM
I quit when they added the wilds. Brb no more world PK. I had high lvl archery and just pwned from afar. Loots galore

Niko49ers
05-03-2014, 01:33 AM
"dd" <--- Most nostalgic word.

Best RS was pre-ditch or pre-godswords, IMO.

CW (real CW in the wild)
Varrock wild
Luring with friends
Mage bank (messing with those who wanted to get their staffs)
Green Drag bot hunting
Scamming with a noted Iron scimin
Castle Wars

So many other things...hhnnngggg.

Also preferred this interface ;
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9qRiuTYVW-I/UgpijZRlf9I/AAAAAAAAAJ8/7FYzp8a8G4Y/s320/15084332.png

Castle Wars... yes! So much fun... Doing clan v clan castle wars during weekdays was awesome. Everybody knew what they were doing and it was really competitive instead of just playing with a bunch of randoms who have no idea what the fuk to do lol

aauguzt
05-03-2014, 03:39 AM
Shiet was good back in 07 untill the 4th gwd boss came out imo

Brb come home from school, eat dinner then pk with friends on vent for hours

Informativeguy
05-03-2014, 10:02 AM
drop parties lol.

Niko49ers
05-03-2014, 08:12 PM

sailing is not in osrs . I'm playing it right now

Anyone got some items/cash they wanna give for some greens?

Bulkytheboot
05-03-2014, 08:14 PM
best rs glitch was by far knives

FunnyWeasel
05-03-2014, 08:19 PM
All the years I spent playing during my childhood have gone to waste.
Not really. Everyone just moved on. If one brought up the topic runescape in a conversation, best believe that 90% of people could relate.

FFX
05-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Runescape died in like 2011 or something where they started to heavily overpower weapons.

Dragon Claws were the first weapon to cause the downfall. It should never have been that OP - at least not in the wildy. They were literally sh*t to train or fight with, which meant they were specifically designed to essentially just PJ in the wildy.

Then there were god swords, again, ridiculously OP special attacks but at least they were slow. However it made 1 v 1 pk'ing against a god sword, literally playing Russian Roulette.

Then there was that Korasi sword or whatever it was that was free from a quest and seemed to be able to 1 hit KO anyone if they got a lucky enough spec, regardless of HP.

What they needed was 2011 Runescape, but without the over powered weapons. I don't care if the existed but make their specials different against players or in the wildy or something. They also needed a system where you could 1 v 1 in the wilderness without getting PJ'd. Like a 30 second wait time between being attacked or something, rather than the 3 seconds or whatever it was, at least in the edgeville area where Jagex knew everyone would 1 v 1 at. I can understand not using that system when deep otherwise it makes the wildy too safe. Even just specific 'Pking' worlds that had that 30 second rule would have been good, that way if people don't want it, they can use a different world. Jagex had a f*ckload of worlds designed for useless sh*t, they should have made one for probably the biggest event anyone participated in - pking.

The grand exchange system was awesome - getting quest items had never been easier, along with selling random junk in your bank. The price manipulation of the GE sucked but that exists in the real world too.

invrlose123
05-04-2014, 10:34 AM
I got bored and played on their 2007 servers for awhile. Game was so much fun. I played from like 2005 to 2007 when I was 10. The simple combat system for some reason was more fun than the new EOC stuff.

canconfirm
05-07-2014, 04:11 AM

Most of the 'playerbase' back in the day was bots actually. Bot detection is much much better then it used to be.uhh no it wasn't. I ****ing hate retarded ****s like you who just say "bot detection = good, more bots were back in the day"

There were 250K CONSTANT PLAYERS ONLINE EVERYDAY, Do you understand the prime of a MMORPG called RuneScape was because of players getting what they asked for? Not the other way around. Blows my mind there are actually people who legit think there are more players than there were back then. ****ing lol

Even if 60% were bots ( which is definitely not true, bots were banned everyday ) there would still be like 5000 x the population than there is now. Everywhere was ****ing FILLED with random people. Random events were so fun doing it in huge crowds, fishing at pointless **** like karamja in f2p was crowded as ****..

R I P R S