PDA

View Full Version : Bose Soundlink Speakers are AWESOME!

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 12:11 PM
If anyone hasn't listened to the sound of music on these speakers go try them out. The sound quality and base are near perfect. The only problem is they're a little pricey.

The soundlink mini is $200. Anyone know where to get them cheaper than that? I looked all over eBay and Amazon but the cheapest are used ones around $160-$170.

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 12:13 PM
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/digital_music_systems/bluetooth_speakers/soundlink_mini/index.jsp

http://www.bose.com/assets/images/shop_online/new/soundlink_mini/soundlink_mini_si_lg.jpg

Manc33
04-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I remember a club in Ashton with small looking ("midi system" sized?) speakers. I think they had 6 or 8 of those and it was enough to turn it into a loud club. Kept eyeing them up wanting to steal them lol. Never heard anything like it from something so fricken small, they were the size of a laptop and about as deep as 2 shoeboxes. Could have carried 2 down the road easy. :)

anonymous
04-30-2014, 12:18 PM

niktak11
04-30-2014, 12:34 PM
Make sure to get some monster cables with those bose speakers

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 12:42 PM
Make sure to get some monster cables with those bose speakers

They're Bluetooth speakers so you don't need them.

I used a friend's by playing music from my phone wirelessly by turning on Bluetooth and the sound quality was amazing. I just feel like $200 is kind of pricey.

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 12:43 PM
I know that feel well brah. I have the bluetooth one and its tits. Also have a wave radio and love it to bits.

How does it compare to the system in a typical car? Like can you just bring it in your car and blast it? Is it as loud?

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Bump for this awesome piece of technology

biggestmuff
04-30-2014, 05:56 PM
http://i51.tinypic.com/15pqt7b.jpg

Kalmah6661
04-30-2014, 06:03 PM
They're Bluetooth speakers so you don't need them.

I used a friend's by playing music from my phone wirelessly by turning on Bluetooth and the sound quality was amazing. I just feel like $200 is kind of pricey.

He was making fun of you lol.

Also, base.

castingcouch
04-30-2014, 07:08 PM
They're really not bad though. Bose makes overpriced headphones and big speakers, but the soundlink mini and the big soundlink are both excellent speakers for their size.

I have the big soundlink II and they are probably the best portable Bluetooth speakers i ever had at that price range, and I had pretty good ones before (klipsch KMC, logitech boom, B&W Zeppelin)

gswarrior510
04-30-2014, 08:04 PM
bose haters are fat virgins

cyde
04-30-2014, 08:56 PM
Bose made good speakers in the 70's & 80's, but they've gone to shyt since then. Grossly overpriced components in an aesthetic form factor is what you're getting nowadays. Speakers with 1" drivers will never sound good. Who was mids & bass?

tdnick
04-30-2014, 09:08 PM
Bose is the Apple of the speaker world

Overpriced

niktak11
04-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Their noise canceling headphones are decent (the SQ isn't up to par with other similarly priced cans but the actual noise canceling is one of the best, if not the best). Their speakers on the other hand are a joke

seanb1979
05-01-2014, 12:44 AM

Overpriced

but a 2 inch bose will fill a 8 million cubic foot amphitheatre!

CookieFactory
05-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Boy don't I feel ripped off. My speakers were 4k, not even bluetooth, and definitely not portable at ~100 lbs each. Why didn't you make this thread a few years ago?

LegendKill3r
05-01-2014, 07:34 AM
Their noise canceling headphones are decent (the SQ isn't up to par with other similarly priced cans but the actual noise canceling is one of the best, if not the best). Their speakers on the other hand are a joke

Wtf

Their speakers are not a joke. They're some of the best sounding Bluetooth speakers ever. Have you even listened to music on them?

And whoever said they're the Apple of the speaker business you're so right. Great products but so fkn expensive. Anyone know of any Bluetooth speakers just as good for $100 or less?

LegendKill3r
05-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Boy don't I feel ripped off. My speakers were 4k, not even bluetooth, and definitely not portable at ~100 lbs each. Why didn't you make this thread a few years ago?

$4000???? FUK brah why would you pay that much for speakers???

lsiberian
05-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Their speakers are not a joke. They're some of the best sounding Bluetooth speakers ever. Have you even listened to music on them?

Bose doesn't make great speakers. I've heard a lot of speakers in my time and I've made speakers. If you think Bose makes great speakers it's probably because you've never heard great ones. Unfortunately it's hard to find places to listen to great speakers anymore because everything has gone online, but I assure you SVS, Aperion, KEF, Klipsch, Infinity, Ascend Acoustics, Salk, Philharmonics, and many other companies make better speakers than Bose. Bose spends their money on marketing not engineering. That's why they get their own area of the store. They know if you had a direct comparison with better speakers they'd lose so they isolate their stuff add EQ and use marketing to presale you. It's the same reason people drink Corona or Bud there are much better beers, but marketing is king in our country. If you want to keep it simple stick to the Harman Audio brands of Infinity, JBL and Harman Kardon. You can't go wrong with their products. They have one the best research facilities in the world and do double blind comparisons between their products and competitors. Their driver technology is among the best in the world. Of course the Andrew Jones Pioneer setup is amazing too and worth every penny if you are open to a full range setup. You simply can't do full range in a box that size. It's physically impossible.

seanb1979
05-01-2014, 08:26 AM
Wtf

And whoever said they're the Apple of the speaker business you're so right. Great products but so fkn expensive. Anyone know of any Bluetooth speakers just as good for $100 or less?

i got a kicker amphitheatre for 160 on ebay and it sounds pretty damn amazing

seanb1979
05-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Bose doesn't make great speakers. I've heard a lot of speakers in my time and I've made speakers. If you think Bose makes great speakers it's probably because you've never heard great ones. Unfortunately it's hard to find places to listen to great speakers anymore because everything has gone online, but I assure you SVS, Aperion, KEF, Klipsch, Infinity, Ascend Acoustics, Salk, Philharmonics, and many other companies make better speakers than Bose. Bose spends their money on marketing not engineering. That's why they get their own area of the store. They know if you had a direct comparison with better speakers they'd lose so they isolate their stuff add EQ and use marketing to presale you. It's the same reason people drink Corona or Bud there are much better beers, but marketing is king in our country. If you want to keep it simple stick to the Harman Audio brands of Infinity, JBL and Harman Kardon. You can't go wrong with their products. They have one the best research facilities in the world and do double blind comparisons between their products and competitors. Their driver technology is among the best in the world. Of course the Andrew Jones Pioneer setup is amazing too and worth every penny if you are open to a full range setup. You simply can't do full range in a box that size. It's physically impossible.

i love me some infinity... 4x infinity perfects in my car.. they seem to last forever... recently got some BIC brand speakers off amazon and so far they sound pretty damn good

nferrier
05-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Awesome? Compared to an iHome maybe. But as long as you're happy OP...

buffuntcay
05-01-2014, 09:55 AM

Overpriced

walked past their brand new store that opened nearby today and wished I could just stand out the front and aware unsuspecting customers before they get fooled by the marketing front that is bose. But yeah OP, those do look sick. Build quality is no doubt top notch and thats partly why bose products are so expensive. Always nice to have luxury items.

niktak11
05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
$4000???? FUK brah why would you pay that much for speakers???

4k is pretty reasonable for an entire set of speakers. The klipsch reference line is $5k for L/C/R/SL/SR and in subs/preprocessor/amps/possibly another pair of two of surround backs or front heights and you're looking at about $10k

Kalmah6661
05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Bose spends most of its time making its speakers look pretty.

It's the same thing with Apple: you're getting the same product as someone else, but with an added price tag and a pretty shell.

Benny_Lava
05-01-2014, 01:32 PM
bose mini systems actually sound pretty sick for what they are.

i'm sure half of you guys hating haven't actually listened to them.

as for headphones and large speakers, yea, they're overpriced garbage.

Nocturnal310
05-01-2014, 02:22 PM
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers
/thread

best non-audiophile speakers

castingcouch
05-01-2014, 02:46 PM

I agree, though as someone already had mentioned the Bose QC15 are pretty decent as well because of the noise canceling. Most people don't understand that even reputable brands like Sennheiser/Beyerdynamics/AKG/Klipsch/Shure/Westone have crappy products too, just not as many as Bose/B&O/B&W and vice-versa. Sennheisers earphones for <100$ are overrated/overpriced, their in ears as well (except the IE80 and IE800), Klipsch in ears and the Image One are mostly just for bassheads, the Klipsch X1 is just pure sh.it for that price, Shure has the SE115 and SE315 which are crap, Westone has the W3 etc. The only big audio brand I know of that only has overpriced crap is Monster/Beats...

lsiberian
05-01-2014, 10:04 PM
i love me some infinity... 4x infinity perfects in my car.. they seem to last forever... recently got some BIC brand speakers off amazon and so far they sound pretty damn good

Yeah my brother replaced a couple of his speakers with those. Those kappa perfect subs are good enough for home audio. Almost built a sub with them, but I found a TC Sounds driver for cheap from a fellow audiophile on CL. One of the best finds of my audio life.

cyde
05-01-2014, 10:10 PM

Yes they sound good for what they are (whatever that is worth), but 1" drivers are very underwhelming in any room. If my house wasn't fully wired with discrete speakers, I'd probably put one of those in the bathroom for shower & dump tunes.

LegendKill3r
05-04-2014, 10:52 PM
I listened to these again at the store today and fuark so good

tdnick
05-05-2014, 06:24 AM
My roommate just bought the sound link mini and it's ok. Don't feel like its worth $250 but it is what it is.

Told him not to do it but it's not my money so I don't care.

Can't even turn up the volume all the way without extreme distortion lol

Agentdark45
05-05-2014, 07:19 AM
My roommate just bought the sound link mini and it's ok. Don't feel like its worth $250 but it is what it is.

Told him not to do it but it's not my money so I don't care.

Can't even turn up the volume all the way without extreme distortion lol

Nah bro, that's just Bose's patented "trueAudioHarmonic-distowarmth 5.0" technology you're hearing.

n00b