PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Advice - Tough Mudder

ryana87
04-29-2014, 10:45 PM
Hi Guys

Going to compete in Tough Mudder in mid-August. What should my diet be like now?

I am 180cm, 83kg. I am just starting to do cardio (never do it, so i thought i would start)

I obviously want to gain as much strength as possible, but put on no weight.

Should I be looking at supplements? or just concentrate on diet and running at the moment

sevenhm
04-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Hi Guys

Going to compete in Tough Mudder in mid-August. What should my diet be like now?

I am 180cm, 83kg. I am just starting to do cardio (never do it, so i thought i would start)

I obviously want to gain as much strength as possible, but put on no weight.

Should I be looking at supplements? or just concentrate on diet and running at the moment
You're not going to put on more size/strength without gaining fat. Eat in a small surplus and you should be fine. If you want more specific help please post your height/weight/bf%.

mrzeusone
04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
You're not going to put on more size/strength without gaining fat. Eat in a small surplus and you should be fine. If you want more specific help please post your height/weight/bf%.

It is said to be possible to gain muscle while in a deficit, though it does not apply to all. Please read the interview in my signature, its with Dr Stuart Phillips.

And for tough mudder, it`s not hard, unless you want to seriously compete. Which would be 2 hours and under completion time.

ryana87
04-29-2014, 11:48 PM

Thanks

I am 180cm high
83kg.
Im not sure what my fat% is. i would say that I'm somewhat lean, but do carry a little fat.

My current diet is:

Breakfast:
5 Weetbix + low fat milk
1 Scoop creapure creatine

Morning Tea:
Either 2 hard boiled eggs or an apple

Lunch
300g steak w/ 1cup brown rice or
1 chicken breast w/ 1cup brown rice

Afternoon Tea:
small handful of almonds or an apple if i didnt have one for morning tea

I go to Gym after work so i have a scoop of C4 prior to training and a serving of ON whey with water after

Dinner:
I usually try to have meat and salad, but sometimes have pasta (spag bowl etc) or ill have a stir fry.

I like my chocolate, but will be avoiding all sweets over the next 3 months in prep for tough mudder.

Im going to start running 3 times a week when i first get up in the morning. should i be eating anything prior to running?
or should i be going to the gym and jumping on a spin bike/stair machine/rowing machine.

Thanks in advance guys!!

ryana87
04-29-2014, 11:50 PM
It is said to be possible to gain muscle while in a deficit, though it does not apply to all. Please read the interview in my signature, its with Dr Stuart Phillips.

And for tough mudder, it`s not hard, unless you want to seriously compete. Which would be 2 hours and under completion time.

Not looking at getting anywhere near that time

Im just extremely unfit (cardio wise) and am using this as an excuse to start increasing my cardio

mrzeusone
04-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks

I am 180cm high
83kg.
Im not sure what my fat% is. i would say that I'm somewhat lean, but do carry a little fat.

My current diet is:

Breakfast:
5 Weetbix + low fat milk
1 Scoop creapure creatine

Morning Tea:
Either 2 hard boiled eggs or an apple

Lunch
300g steak w/ 1cup brown rice or
1 chicken breast w/ 1cup brown rice

Afternoon Tea:
small handful of almonds or an apple if i didnt have one for morning tea

I go to Gym after work so i have a scoop of C4 prior to training and a serving of ON whey with water after

Dinner:
I usually try to have meat and salad, but sometimes have pasta (spag bowl etc) or ill have a stir fry.

I like my chocolate, but will be avoiding all sweets over the next 3 months in prep for tough mudder.

Im going to start running 3 times a week when i first get up in the morning. should i be eating anything prior to running?
or should i be going to the gym and jumping on a spin bike/stair machine/rowing machine.

Thanks in advance guys!!

Don`t do cardio in the gym for tough mudder. Go for a cross country run. Get use to climbing, jumping, lifting your body weight over obstacles at a run.

Nutrition: learn about your macros and your tdee.
Eat what ever you want but reach daily macros. Chocolate can be included :D.
If you have never trained before, you could attempt a body recomp by eating at maintenance. Or as said, eat in a small surplus to build muscle.
You can also build muscle in a deficit, though its not as efficient and requires a few things to be in place.

Edit: just saw your recent post, don`t stress if your not competing. If you just want to finish, most do so as a team, to help each other. If your unfit, just get fit and strong as possible and have fun.