PDA

View Full Version : [New phone] OPPO Find 5/7?

Nutir
04-29-2014, 10:08 PM
Hey guys,

I'm moving to Europe for a while, which means that I won't be able to keep using my iPhone 4 (which is dying anyways) and therefore will be buying a new phone.

I've been using iPhones since the first one came out and think it's time for a change.

I stumbled on the OPPO Find 5 a few days back and like it quite a bit. Given that the 7 will be out soon I'll wait for that if I do decide to go with this device.

Another plus for me is that I will be moving back to the US after about a year, and the unlocked part would be quite nice.

I was wondering if anyone on here is using one of these phones and what your thoughts were. I am, however, open to other suggestions as well.

areyouaweir
04-29-2014, 10:30 PM
They are known for their high quality hardware. I've never owned one of their phones but I have an oppo blu-ray player which is formidable in every aspect.

Nutir
04-30-2014, 10:54 AM
They are known for their high quality hardware. I've never owned one of their phones but I have an oppo blu-ray player which is formidable in every aspect.

That's what I keep reading in reviews, and that's definitely a good thing.

I was more wondering on the software side of things: performance, ease of use, etc..

Thanks for the input!

Krispy1
04-30-2014, 01:00 PM
The find 5 has a great screen but its performance and battery life are not up to date. The find 7 is great but its pretty big(5.5inch screen)

Check out the nexus 5. It's cheaper and has better performance and will get updates. Its also unlocked and supports many bands dodel LG-D821 supports European bands.

areyouaweir
04-30-2014, 03:11 PM
The find 5 has a great screen but its performance and battery life are not up to date. The find 7 is great but its pretty big(5.5inch screen)

Check out the nexus 5. It's cheaper and has better performance and will get updates. Its also unlocked and supports many bands dodel LG-D821 supports European bands. This is what I currently own and I'm not that fond of it. It sure was cheap at $349, and it looks good, but it bugs a lot, the camera is very deceiving and it has weak signal reception.

That's what I keep reading in reviews, and that's definitely a good thing.

I was more wondering on the software side of things: performance, ease of use, etc..

Thanks for the input!Again, I can't speak for their phones, but I would assume they are pretty consistent with their methodology. My Oppo Blu-ray's "OS" is pretty straight forward and efficient, it isn't loaded with bloatwares like most companies like to do (cough Samsung cough). I've also read somewhere that the camera on the Oppo Find 7 is one of the best on the market for a smartphone.

Nutir
04-30-2014, 05:21 PM

Check out the nexus 5. It's cheaper and has better performance and will get updates. Its also unlocked and supports many bands dodel LG-D821 supports European bands.

I will check it out, thanks!

The big screen doesn't bug me too much, I'm more interested in if it works well and doesn't bug/slow too much. I'll look deeper in the 7 for sure.

This is what I currently own and I'm not that fond of it. It sure was cheap at $349, and it looks good, but it bugs a lot, the camera is very deceiving and it has weak signal reception.
Again, I can't speak for their phones, but I would assume they are pretty consistent with their methodology. My Oppo Blu-ray's "OS" is pretty straight forward and efficient, it isn't loaded with bloatwares like most companies like to do (cough Samsung cough). I've also read somewhere that the camera on the Oppo Find 7 is one of the best on the market for a smartphone.

Yeah, my brother and a bunch of my friends have samsungs and I'm not the biggest fan, might be because I'm not used to android tho. I looked at some reviews of the 7 and the camera seems to hold up on what is promised.

Nutir
05-01-2014, 11:54 PM
One last bump for more input

lilbdabasedgod
05-02-2014, 12:53 AM
The specs seem p nice on the oppo 7, but it is p huge

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzezFz6CMqg

seanb1979
05-02-2014, 06:32 AM
for the 600+ dollar price tag id rather get something i know is good, like an htc