PDA

View Full Version : As someone who's patiently awaiting the iPhone 6 (Android related)

LegendKill3r
04-29-2014, 08:31 PM
I can't help but mire the Note 3 and One M8.

The screen size and features of the Note 3 are tempting me to upgrade to it.

The design of the One M8 is very attractive and tempts me...that is until I see the bezels in person. Such wasted space. HTC should've made it take up the whole screen.

Regardless my iPhone 4S still works perfectly so I'm trying very hard to wait for the iPhone 6 because I'm craving a large screen phone.

I will say the Lumia Icon/930 almost tempted me before but Android and iOS are just better platforms IMO.

LegendKill3r
04-29-2014, 08:32 PM
If Samsunf made a Note with the build quality of the One M8 then that would be the absolute GOAT android phone.

Fck that One Plus One and Find 7 crap.

MiscMathematician
04-29-2014, 08:40 PM
If Samsunf made a Note with the build quality of the One M8 then that would be the absolute GOAT android phone.

why does everyone bring up "build quality." the htc one damages just as easily. what you mean is it feels more solid, because it is (the outer part), but it's only how it feels. youve been duped ;)

kfx450r
04-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Same boat….dropped my phone in the marshes (4S)….loved that phone absolutely zero problems for the past couple years would've kept it for no telling how much longer. Never had any lag issues, so simple…now Im using a pos droid x and even tho I have an upgrade idk what to get…will probably just get a 5 or a galaxy 4 or something. Can't use this bish for much longer

IawI
04-29-2014, 10:01 PM
Switched from the 4S to the HTC wot m8. Never going back.

DESERPENTOR
04-29-2014, 11:02 PM
I would recommend HTC Metal Build Quality over Samsungs plastic unreliable build. As far as iPhones go I call them iCracks because they make a killing charging you $150+ or more for their famous cracked screens. Now we know why Apple stores have more employees than walmarts. I own an HTC One Max and I am loving it. Previously I owned the Note 2(garbage.)

DESERPENTOR
04-29-2014, 11:05 PM
why does everyone bring up "build quality." the htc one damages just as easily. what you mean is it feels more solid, because it is (the outer part), but it's only how it feels. youve been duped ;)

http://www.htc.com/us/go/advantage/

Just saying brah ;) I don't see Apple doing that.

MiscMathematician
04-29-2014, 11:29 PM
http://www.htc.com/us/go/advantage/

Just saying brah ;) I don't see Apple doing that.

its good they acknowledge that they break and are willing to help out (once). this is a credit to the company, not to the phone itself

I would recommend HTC Metal Build Quality over Samsungs plastic unreliable build. As far as iPhones go I call them iCracks because they make a killing charging you $150+ or more for their famous cracked screens. Now we know why Apple stores have more employees than walmarts. I own an HTC One Max and I am loving it. Previously I owned the Note 2(garbage.)

Not sure why you're saying Samsung's plastic is unreliable? in the event of a drop not on the face of the phone, I'm pretty sure any samsung device would be more durable than the one. metal dents (if dropped onto a hard surface the htc dents very easily, and the speaker plates break off). plastic scratches and provides shock absorption.

Shaneomac0
04-29-2014, 11:53 PM
Upgraded from my S3 to the HTC One M8.

Best decision ever.

KilaByte
04-30-2014, 12:26 AM
Upgraded from my S3 to the HTC One M8.

Best decision ever.You jumped 2 generations, this thread is seriously full of are you kidding me

xmikeman
04-30-2014, 12:33 AM
I can't help but mire the Note 3 and One M8.

The screen size and features of the Note 3 are tempting me to upgrade to it.

The design of the One M8 is very attractive and tempts me...that is until I see the bezels in person. Such wasted space. HTC should've made it take up the whole screen.

Regardless my iPhone 4S still works perfectly so I'm trying very hard to wait for the iPhone 6 because I'm craving a large screen phone.

I will say the Lumia Icon/930 almost tempted me before but Android and iOS are just better platforms IMO.I currently have an iPhone 5S, but I want a bigger screen. I'm waiting for details on the iPhone 6 before I decide on my next phone. If the iPhone 6 isn't to my liking then I don't have a clue what I'll choose. I'm on Verizon so my options are pretty limited; no Oppo or Nexus phones for me unfortunately.

Lb54TG
04-30-2014, 07:54 AM

I don't understand why you phaggots all love the aluminum metal sht and knock on Samsung.
the reason they use plastic is because it is more durable and practical.

how many of y'all use a case on your iphones or HTC ones.. a lot.

the plastic back on the Samsung's are durable. replaceable. and they add texture and grip. HTC one and I phones slip easily.

I have an s4 right now and use it with a case. my friends HTC one is all scratched up. even with case (dust and sand get caught between case).

its not like they did a bad job with the note back cover either.

Otaman
04-30-2014, 07:57 AM
I think you're wasting your time (and money) waiting for Iphone 6

It most likely will be on par with S5 and M8 judging from what we've seen from Apple in the past. I doubt it will be anything revolutionary.

By the time it comes out, S5 and M8 will be heavily discounted (half the price of Iphone 6) and there will be newer flagship phones out making Iphone 6 feel dated

you're in for a disappointment OP

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 09:25 AM
I don't understand why you phaggots all love the aluminum metal sht and knock on Samsung.
the reason they use plastic is because it is more durable and practical.

how many of y'all use a case on your iphones or HTC ones.. a lot.

the plastic back on the Samsung's are durable. replaceable. and they add texture and grip. HTC one and I phones slip easily.

I have an s4 right now and use it with a case. my friends HTC one is all scratched up. even with case (dust and sand get caught between case).

its not like they did a bad job with the note back cover either.

I'm not knocking on Samsung. The Note 3 is the most impressive Android phone I've seen and I've seen a lot. I was just at the Verizon store and out of every phone there, the iPhone 5S and Note 3 impressed me the most. The 5S actually felt more premium than the HTC One M8. One M8 felt more like softer polycarbonate whereas the iPhone 5S felt like real aluminum. But it doesn't matter anyway since we put cases on these phones.

That being said, I think the iPhone 5S and Galaxy Note 3 are the two best phones out now. HTC One M8 is good but that damn bezel and those on screen buttons take up like 1/4 or 1/3 of the screen and much of the screen real estate is reduced once again when doing certain things like browsing the web.

LegendKill3r
04-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I think you're wasting your time (and money) waiting for Iphone 6

It most likely will be on par with S5 and M8 judging from what we've seen from Apple in the past. I doubt it will be anything revolutionary.

By the time it comes out, S5 and M8 will be heavily discounted (half the price of Iphone 6) and there will be newer flagship phones out making Iphone 6 feel dated

you're in for a disappointment OP

Considering that I was impressed with the iPhone 5S I highly doubt that. Plus iOS 8 is coming. That with a 4.7" screen and rumored 5.5" will keep me with iOS. My only other option would be to grab the Note 4 if I'm somehow disappointed with the 6.

It's no wonder Apple and Samsung are leading the smartphone market. I used to think touch wiz sucked back on the S2 but it's actually nice now and very fast especially on the Galaxy Note and S lines.

But I recently bought a MacBook and love the integration it has with my iOS devices like syncing, iMessaging from my MacBook and quick/easy backups and restores. No one else does those better than Apple from what I've seen.

So considering that, iOS and Android are my two favorite platforms but with the benefits I get with having a MacBook and iPhone, it only makes sense for me to upgrade from my 4S to the 6 later as it will have everything I want in a phone. Some of the extra features found on other phones, I don't care about at all.