PDA

View Full Version : XFX R7950 Black Edition - SOFTWARE HELP!

Syfon
04-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Hi guys,

As title states, I am running an XFX R7950 Black Edition. Card runs perfectly fine/quiet/steady/etc in BF4 and WoW (only games I play).

I have been experiencing the "black screen" issue for a few months now. I've done a fair bit of reading but can't seem to find a solution.

Basically, my screen will go black randomly (only when in windows/browsing the net/watching a movie, but never when playing games). It's as if the screen is not detecting a signal from my graphics card/mother board. I had my pc connected to my 60" HD plasma for the last few days and didn't experience one single black screen. As far as I have read this is a software issue. It may just be a conflict between the graphics card & software, and my monitor itself (I have NEVER had an issue with my monitor or graphics card/s before).

I have always run the latest version (non-beta) of Catalyst Control Centre.

To confirm it is a software issue, I re-installed Windows 7 64-bit last night and my pc ran fine with not one single black screen for a few hours. As soon as I installed the latest Catalyst Control Centre and re-booted, my screen started going black as if no signal was being detected. So, I un-installed CCC and no black screens all night/morning.

I read a few different forums and others have been experiencing similar issues. I have disabled hardware acceleration, and will install the latest CCC again tonight to see if that makes a difference.

If not, does anyone know of another software suite that can be used with Radeon HD 7000 series cards? This issue is sh!tting me to tears. As such any advice/help will be greatly appreciated!

InstantLoser
04-29-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi guys,

As title states, I am running an XFX R7950 Black Edition. Card runs perfectly fine/quiet/steady/etc in BF4 and WoW (only games I play).

I have been experiencing the "black screen" issue for a few months now. I've done a fair bit of reading but can't seem to find a solution.

Basically, my screen will go black randomly (only when in windows/browsing the net/watching a movie, but never when playing games). It's as if the screen is not detecting a signal from my graphics card/mother board. I had my pc connected to my 60" HD plasma for the last few days and didn't experience one single black screen. As far as I have read this is a software issue. It may just be a conflict between the graphics card & software, and my monitor itself (I have NEVER had an issue with my monitor or graphics card/s before).

I have always run the latest version (non-beta) of Catalyst Control Centre.

To confirm it is a software issue, I re-installed Windows 7 64-bit last night and my pc ran fine with not one single black screen for a few hours. As soon as I installed the latest Catalyst Control Centre and re-booted, my screen started going black as if no signal was being detected. So, I un-installed CCC and no black screens all night/morning.

I read a few different forums and others have been experiencing similar issues. I have disabled hardware acceleration, and will install the latest CCC again tonight to see if that makes a difference.

If not, does anyone know of another software suite that can be used with Radeon HD 7000 series cards? This issue is sh!tting me to tears. As such any advice/help will be greatly appreciated!

Are you using the latest full release, or beta driver? Have you tried another driver version?

Syfon
04-29-2014, 09:07 PM
Are you using the latest full release, or beta driver? Have you tried another driver version?

Latest full release (released 25 April 2014). Not using the beta.

I have tried several older version of CCC to no avail.

Supadude
04-29-2014, 09:09 PM
I have this same exact card.

I can confirm....I've never had problem. Sorry OP.

Syfon
04-29-2014, 09:25 PM
I have this same exact card.

I can confirm....I've never had problem. Sorry OP.

Maybe it only causes a problem with some specific monitor models? My monitor is an Asus VE278H.

My R7950 works flawlessly in games - e.g. in Battlefield 4 it stays cool, not too loud and I have overclocked it via CCC without any issues at all.

Basically, I want to know if there is another software suite similar to CCC for HD Radeon 7000 series cards???

buffuntcay
04-29-2014, 11:43 PM
something like that used to happen with my 6870 however I am pretty sure it was a monitor issue iirc. Have u got a hdtv or another monitor you can try it on? Don't RMA it until you know for sure its the cards fault.

Syfon
04-30-2014, 02:24 AM
something like that used to happen with my 6870 however I am pretty sure it was a monitor issue iirc. Have u got a hdtv or another monitor you can try it on? Don't RMA it until you know for sure its the cards fault.

Yes - my pc was connected to my HDTV all weekend without one single issue. I don't really want to have to change my monitor so trying to find a solution. Changing it is the last thing I want to do...

Syfon
05-01-2014, 10:20 PM
Ok, so I have just re-installed Windows 7 (x64) and installed the very latest Catalyst Control Centre driver (14.4). I still experience the black screen, albeit not as often.

This time, when the screen goes black I just unplug & reconnect the HDMI cable and it works again. It doesn't go black to the point where I need to reboot my pc to get the image back.

Anyone have any further advice?