PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Black Flag is boring AF

james21561
04-28-2014, 11:11 PM
First AC game ever and decided to give it a try and just can't seem to get into it. WTF. Isn't this supposed to be the best AC game yet?

HarpoonBrah
04-28-2014, 11:26 PM
wait til you get your ship , thats when the game gets good

the naval aspect is what makes it good

Phal4nx
04-28-2014, 11:32 PM
How far in to it are you?

Agree with Harpoon Brah. When you get the ship the game becomes really good. I had more fun in naval battles than I did with the other stuff.

occy27
04-28-2014, 11:35 PM
wait til you get your ship , thats when the game gets good

the naval aspect is what makes it good

strong name to post

BrokeBrahMtn
04-28-2014, 11:37 PM
I thoguht the game was amazing

First AC game ever that I played

I started it last friday and went on a binger and finished the story mode in 2 sittings, that's how much i fking loved it

james21561
04-28-2014, 11:38 PM
I got up to where you still the Key from the captain in the beginning

I just have no interest so far in this game. Hopefully you brahs are right

HowsMyClutch
04-28-2014, 11:41 PM
I got up to where you still the Key from the captain in the beginning

I just have no interest so far in this game. Hopefully you brahs are right

Think a lot of AC bros like it a lot because it's just different from the other AC's. The other Assassin's Creeds were great, you should check them out too.

khuong1994
04-29-2014, 04:10 AM
possibly best assassins creed to date.

cause fkin pirates m8

wings_unhinged
04-29-2014, 04:16 AM
First AC game ever and decided to give it a try and just can't seem to get into it. WTF. Isn't this supposed to be the best AC game yet?

No, that would be AC2. AC4, however, is the best one since. I played non-stop for hours.

LaurenceW
04-29-2014, 04:19 AM
I just started it the other day, it's a lot of fun so far

buffuntcay
04-29-2014, 06:11 AM
agreed OP,

The first assasins creed game did what it did really well, mixed smooth and original gameplay into nicely transitioned cut scenes. The game was repetitive as hell but it knew what it wanted to do and it did it without fuss.

Every AC game since is the same stuff only its painfully obvious to me at least that ubisoft sit there and think what gimmicks they can add in so people stop calling their games repetitive. Everything about an ubisoft game puts me off. From its stupid ass trying too hard to be futuristic interfaces to its ****ty PC ports. **** ubisoft and **** watchdogs. I am genuinely stumped people are hyped for that game. I can see right through ubisoft.

StatutoryApe213
04-29-2014, 06:39 AM
agreed OP,

The first assasins creed game did what it did really well, mixed smooth and original gameplay into nicely transitioned cut scenes. The game was repetitive as hell but it knew what it wanted to do and it did it without fuss.

Every AC game since is the same stuff only its painfully obvious to me at least that ubisoft sit there and think what gimmicks they can add in so people stop calling their games repetitive. Everything about an ubisoft game puts me off. From its stupid ass trying too hard to be futuristic interfaces to its ****ty PC ports. **** ubisoft and **** watchdogs. I am genuinely stumped people are hyped for that game. I can see right through ubisoft.

You for real bro? Of all the games in the series that you could single out as worthy of praise and you choose the first, factually the most repetitive and uninspired in mission design and gameplay along with the poorest execution in story? AC2 shat on it in every single way. Pretty sure there weren't any gimmicks in that game. It was well made, had tons of variety in its gameplay and built the foundation for the best story in the series. Brotherhood only improved it further, but AC2 was when the series truly hit its AAA reputation.

Taikun
04-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Pretty much as soon as I got the ship I did everything that was possible to do with it, got all the treasures, fragments, upgrades, strongholds etc... now I have no desire to continue with the storyline. I really enjoy the sailing and piracy aspects of the game but the on foot controls and missions are frustrating. This is my first AC game and it's not that I don't like it, it's just that I would prefer it to be more black flag and less assassins creed.

JADDENCOR
04-29-2014, 07:34 AM
AC4 is pretty much a glorified grindfest, the missions are annoying as fuk but I actually enjoyed sailing around and blowing stuff up.. but if you like collecting things it's awesome

TheNDawg
04-29-2014, 07:39 AM
Keep playing it, It's the best game out on next-gen atm

andrewmc
04-29-2014, 07:39 AM
I like the games for their historical content too. I know it's not all 100% accurate but I loved AC3 because of the whole American history aspect. Something about playing in a virtual world with real historic characters and places is very intriguing.

mtomjr14
04-29-2014, 07:58 AM
i got to the point where i got my ship but still lost interest...need to give it another shot one of these days

guitarwar241
04-29-2014, 08:23 AM
I haven't played an AC game since the 2nd one (which was amazing). I've heard the newer ones pale in comparison.

roc430
04-29-2014, 08:26 AM
ac2 > ac1 > ac4 >>>>>>> ac3

ScottGomez
04-29-2014, 11:04 AM
I hate console games, but this one got my hooked from start to end

ZBlacktt
04-29-2014, 11:11 AM
Absolutely loved it! Yeah at times the story gets weird ( more towards the end ). But the game play/naval aspect was visually stunning. The world and the environment was awesome to play in. If they hadn't forced players to grind out 50 levels in the boring online. I would have had the Plat trophy in less then 3 weeks.

LtDan89
04-29-2014, 12:26 PM
AC IV is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Got about 60 hours or so on my first play through. They really captured the essence of being a pirate.

MA5Bergey
04-29-2014, 02:49 PM
ACIV was addicting as fuuuuuuu.... best launch title for the next gen consoles and it wasn't even next gen.

ichthis
04-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I like the games for their historical content too. I know it's not all 100% accurate but I loved AC3 because of the whole American history aspect. Something about playing in a virtual world with real historic characters and places is very intriguing.

Frankly this is one of the reasons I've kept coming back to the series year after year; for me the historical (semi-)accuracy helps make up for the various very real flaws that have plagued each game in the series (although different entries have different flaws).

iZZmatic
04-29-2014, 03:20 PM
Absolutely loved it! Yeah at times the story gets weird ( more towards the end ). But the game play/naval aspect was visually stunning. The world and the environment was awesome to play in. If they hadn't forced players to grind out 50 levels in the boring online. I would have had the Plat trophy in less then 3 weeks.
This. I haven't played in forever, but once I got the hang of the battles I concentrated more on that than the story itself.

Kalmah6661
04-29-2014, 03:52 PM
AC2 was the best one in the series by far.

I haven't played Black Flag, but AC1 and AC3 weren't very good.

waytoodeep03
04-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Go find a legendary ship to fight OP. You will have a blast

kids.got.soul
04-29-2014, 06:49 PM
Once you put a little into your ship it's way better.

brb more focused on upgrading ship than missions

Definitely the best AC since AC2/Brotherhood. Felt like everything since that was a step backwards for the series. Black Flag actually gives me hope for the next.

noaviLOL
04-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Once you put a little into your ship it's way better.

brb more focused on upgrading ship than missions

Definitely the best AC since AC2/Brotherhood. Felt like everything since that was a step backwards for the series. Black Flag actually gives me hope for the next.

This. I think I have about 3/4 of the ship upgrades, but I'm only halfway through the story lol. Got addicted to the naval and collecting aspect of the game. I like the story too, got me interested in playign the other AC games.

chevy72blu
04-29-2014, 07:50 PM
got sick of AC after brotherhood. BF renewed my interest in the series. 9/10 game IMO and this is coming from someone who gets bored by 90% of AAA releases.