PDA

View Full Version : So what is the consensus on Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag?

TheBuffmuffin
04-28-2014, 10:04 PM
I recently started playing this game and have only just begun sequence 3.

I can't help but think this game honestly feels like a chore to play.

I absolutely loved the Ezio trilogy and didn't finish AC3 personally.

I'll probably just play the main story, but I'm interested to see hear your opinions.

Also the main combat and naval combat are quite lackluster, this is the first time I've experienced naval combat and was not a fan

dcbone30
04-28-2014, 10:31 PM
My cliffs (warning long, prob not cliffs)

-I played AC1.
-Haven't played an AC game since.
-Heard of/read about AC3 naval combat.
-*wished a game would come out based on these concepts*
-Black Flag is released
-brb playing pirate game (ACIV) based on AC but ignored AC storyline
-Love the game. Very little feels given to main story

Cliffs of cliffs
-AC Black flag is a great pirate game even if you never played an AC game
-AKA everything a modern day Sid Meier's Pirates should be

chevy72blu
04-28-2014, 10:44 PM
I got sick of AC after brotherhood and I loved AC4 - renewed my entire interest in the series. The setting and characters were great

UncertainPerson
04-28-2014, 10:47 PM
worth getting this on PS3? or wait till i get a PS4?

im afraid if i wait there will be other games to play for PS4, dont think im getting one until Destiny or Batman: Arkham Knight

KilaByte
04-28-2014, 11:43 PM
I recently started playing this game and have only just begun sequence 3.

I can't help but think this game honestly feels like a chore to play.

I absolutely loved the Ezio trilogy and didn't finish AC3 personally.

I'll probably just play the main story, but I'm interested to see hear your opinions.

Also the main combat and naval combat are quite lackluster, this is the first time I've experienced naval combat and was not a fan

In on this. Loved the Ezio trilogy, never played 1, started playing III and after some hours kind of gave up an I don't give up on games.

BrokeBrahMtn
04-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Love the game, did not enjoy tailing people or eavesdropping in coversations, but beyond that, one of the greatest games i've ever played, though there's not to much replay value, up there with bioshock infinite but i think black flag is far more fun than bioshock

Podunks
04-29-2014, 12:13 AM
worth getting this on PS3? or wait till i get a PS4?

im afraid if i wait there will be other games to play for PS4, dont think im getting one until Destiny

That is what I will buy a PS4 for. Can not wait.

workinithard
04-29-2014, 12:23 AM
Played AC1 and AC2 didn't play 3 or brotherhood. Played Black Flag and I like it a lot. I like the ships, the naval combat, making holsters for my weapons and stuff like that.

I hate that it doesn't follow the AC1 story though. I loved AC1 a lot!! I thought it was the best game out there. But the story doesn't follow that, you're not ever an assassin, you just chased him and picked up his skills. But the who ninja/pirate is awesome in my books. Stopped playing it since school started but waiting for summer to start again. After I beat it I probably won't play it again.

Tried online... Not my thing :/