PDA

View Full Version : pregnant girlfriend low protein intake HELP!

aramey1014
04-28-2014, 02:44 PM
My girlfriend is pregnant and is 14 weeks along. She has the hardest time eating meat products and has tried drinking protein shakes as well. Nothing seems to either stay down or is makes her extremely nauseous. Does anyone have any tips or food ideas to help her get her protein intake up.

Thank you for any and all help!!

adrikstalin
04-28-2014, 02:57 PM
My girlfriend is pregnant and is 14 weeks along. She has the hardest time eating meat products and has tried drinking protein shakes as well. Nothing seems to either stay down or is makes her extremely nauseous. Does anyone have any tips or food ideas to help her get her protein intake up.

Egg whites, cottage cheese and nuts.

brianmcg321
04-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Spinach.

My wife really craved spinach when she was pregnant. It has lots of protein considering its not meat.

Daarew
04-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Ginger for the nausea...then she can eat whatever

tbarabash
04-28-2014, 03:34 PM

That's how I read that sentence until I realized I wasn't in the misc :p

Trial and error to see what she can keep down from what I've seen with pregnant ladies around me. My sister was nauseous and vomited for her first two trimesters and had good results with pizza and bland everything else. Just stick with calorie dense foods, cheese, nuts, eggs... GL