PDA

View Full Version : MOHAA (2002) is better than MOHA (2009) [PC]

Manc33
04-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I played "Medal of Honor: Airborne" (2009) a while back, but I got a new system and thought "Let's turn everything up and play it again" and it was alright to play. Then I got the old "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" on the go (from 2002) and the gameplay blows Airborne out of the water.

Everything is better about MOHAA.

- Fast gameplay when everything is enabled.
- Hacks allow 1920x1080 so this isn't a problem
- Game is far smaller in size on the HDD
- Game starts up fast and loads fast. MOHA takes forever to load.
- The game is way more scary than MOHA.

Probably that last one is what makes MOHAA better, the fact that you're crapping yourself going around every corner.

You can get through MOHA in one evening, srs. MOHAA forget it, you can't possibly do it in the time you can do MOHA.

Newer games truly are chit.

If playing MOHAA now you need to put a file (MD5: c0b695103334574f4906d7fe29cb634b) in the directory with MOHAA.exe. I tried a few versions of this file but only that one works.

Never even tried Medal of Honor: Warfighter, probably never will lol. Its 15GB or some chit and I bet you can run through it in 3 hours like with MOHA.

lsiberian
04-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Not surprising a lot of the best shooters are old OP.

Williurms
04-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Them feels. MOHAA was my favorite multiplayer fps for years... V2 snipers only

89FoxBody
04-28-2014, 07:10 PM
Allied Assault was amazing. Loved that damn game.

Manc33
04-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Playing now I have got three guys with me, have I been protecting their asses really well?

It seems if you can stop those buddies getting killed, they stay with you lol.

The three guys with me appear to have different kits etc, surely they can't still carry over from the last map?

CoD was better than MOHAA I think, well maybe, although MOHAA is the original, there wasn't a WW2 game anything like it before it.

buffuntcay
04-29-2014, 02:45 AM
MOHAA is definately one of the best fps's I have ever played. The single player campaign was amazing for the time and the music made it special. Frontline was a poormans AA on consoles but I still enjoyed it thouroughly

However AA was out the time lan centres were very popular here (a place full of computers that u play on by the hour) and therefore I was lucky enough to experience AA in all of its glory over LAN. ****ing hell it was epic.

I remember getting MOHA a few years ago, my mind was blown when i finished the game at how short it was. Legit left sitting there stumped thinking the game was really only beginning lol.

Oh and another game that most people probably havn't heard of, codename eagle. This game on LAN was the funnest game ive ever played.

Vagitarian
04-29-2014, 02:54 AM
MOHAA is definately one of the best fps's I have ever played. The single player campaign was amazing for the time and the music made it special. Frontline was a poormans AA on consoles but I still enjoyed it thouroughly

However AA was out the time lan centres were very popular here (a place full of computers that u play on by the hour) and therefore I was lucky enough to experience AA in all of its glory over LAN. ****ing hell it was epic.

I remember getting MOHA a few years ago, my mind was blown when i finished the game at how short it was. Legit left sitting there stumped thinking the game was really only beginning lol.

Oh and another game that most people probably havn't heard of, codename eagle. This game on LAN was the funnest game ive ever played.

Codename Eagle? Hah wow man, that is old as hell - DICE's first game - I've only ever read about it... I hope you got to experience Battlefield 1942 (DICE's second game) as well, as that was the peak of DICE's talent.

zinkhan99
04-29-2014, 03:25 AM
I played MOHaa competitively in Clanbase. I remember using the settings to remove bushes and other stuff giving me full visibility. It was forbidden in competitive play, but the only protection was a random screenshot call during matches. My computer was fast enough back then and I could revert settings within 2 seconds to get proper screenshots. Good times.

EatingPancakes
04-29-2014, 03:53 AM
Any of the other WW2 MoHs was better than Airborne. ****in'

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100821161613/medalofhonor/images/f/f0/Nazi_Storm_Elite_2.PNG

Pakoe
04-29-2014, 04:09 AM
MOHAA was the ****, could play it for days.

Raven2392
04-29-2014, 04:36 AM
MOHAA was the GOAT... Left, Right leaning during combat was a seriously awesome tactic too. Dem sniper echoes too HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Timmy_522
04-29-2014, 04:41 AM
I liked the fact that in multiplayer you could download/mod skins in MOHAA. I set the enemy to bright yellow jump suits and would sit back with a sniper rifle and destroy them from afar.

buffuntcay
04-29-2014, 04:55 AM
Codename Eagle? Hah wow man, that is old as hell - DICE's first game - I've only ever read about it... I hope you got to experience Battlefield 1942 (DICE's second game) as well, as that was the peak of DICE's talent.

oh indeed, battlefield 1942 is definitely up there with my fav games ever. Had no idea Dice made codename eagle though thats awesome, codename eagle in hindsight is just a poor mans bf1942 but there something extremely charming about it.

Ronnie87
04-29-2014, 06:31 AM
It's because games used to be made for gamers who wouldn't buy a game if it was bad, now they're made for all casuals who have an Xbox 360 and buy the new version of COD every 6 months for a few hours entertainment on a night. I think the PC and independent games on Steam are the way forward, these tend to be games made by gamers for gamers. Games like Rust, Kerbal Space Program, Star Citizen, DayZ; these are the future

TurdMuffin
04-29-2014, 07:29 AM
rising sun.. cum in me

http://binarymessiah.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/80508_full.jpg

jfcundiff
04-29-2014, 10:09 AM
This level blew my mind back when I first saw it.

XHscQgzkMKg

RaibeartBruis
06-03-2014, 09:32 PM
rising sun.. cum in me

http://binarymessiah.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/80508_full.jpg

this

bkw16
06-03-2014, 11:19 PM
damn i miss going 50-0 sniping on Omaha Beach in MP