PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson wants an all black league

robpats2
04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
Yay lets fight racism with racism!!!!!!!!

Knicks great Larry Johnson calls for all-black league amid Clippers race fiasco (http://nypost.com/2014/04/27/knicks-great-larry-johnson-calls-for-all-black-league/)

Knicks executive and former player Larry Johnson had a decidedly different but still strong reaction to the racially insensitive remarks Clippers owner Donald Sterling is alleged to have made.

On Saturday night, Johnson tweeted: “Black people your Focusing on the wrong thing. We should be focusing on having our own, Own team own League! To For Self!!’’

The initial indication was Johnson was calling for an all-African-American league complete with black ownership. It wasn’t the first time Johnson, who is black, concerned himself with the fact the NBA’s ownership is mostly white while its players are mostly black.

During the 1999 NBA Finals between the Knicks and Spurs, Johnson caused a stir by saying: “We’ve got a lot of rebellious slaves on this [Knicks] team.”

When asked at the time why he referred to his teammates as slaves, Johnson said: “I’ve got to explain that to you? We don’t go with the mainstream.’’

Johnson was hired by the Knicks two years ago and serves many roles as a basketball and business operations representative. It’s unclear what his role will be under new team president Phil Jackson.

In his first comments on getting fired by the Knicks one week ago, Mike Woodson said it was “a dream come true’’ to coach them and he plans to coach again.

“When I look at my situation, I started as a player, I was drafted by the Knicks 34 years ago,’’ Woodson said as an NBATV guest analyst Sunday. “So, to be able to come back and coach the Knicks, I never dreamed of doing that. It’s like a dream come true. And the last two years, prior to coming into this season, was a good two seasons for our ball club and our fans. And this year things just didn’t work out. Sometimes in life things just don’t work out according to plan, but I look at it, overall, it was a good run.’’

Woodson added it was “a great experience’’ and thanked Knicks owner James Dolan. “Sometimes organizations, they move on, they go in a different direction, and that’s what they decided to do with my situation,’’ Woodson said. “So, I got to move on and close the chapter in this book and get ready for a new chapter because I still want to coach and love what I do.”

Truly pathetic time we are living in. I wish i could time travel to live in the ancient medieval times or something instead of be around a bunch of spineless pussiies these days.

jbball92
04-28-2014, 11:37 AM
that would go well...not. the pay cuts would be massive.

sdballer5588
04-28-2014, 11:42 AM
Hahahahahaah oh my god. The amount of racist black dudes is hilarious.

waisoserious
04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
so.....globe trotters....?

robpats2
04-28-2014, 11:43 AM
my thing is why is it only one group of minorities constantly biitching man shiit is so annoying
Half hispanic half white master race here and i dont hear no fellow hispanics biitching about the "white man" holding them down and thats all you hear on the news and its like embedded in black peoples minds. its truly disturbing.
All hispanics do is just work hard and grind and they have way worse living conditions in Mexico and south american countries then any hood in America but still wanna act like its so rough and the worlds out to get them. Gotta stop making excuses as a black community if you wanna progress

CurryTech777
04-28-2014, 12:00 PM
where would parker and tim duncan play

BuckN20T
04-28-2014, 12:09 PM
Negro Ball Association

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Does Blake Griffin get to play in this new black league? I mean, he's sort of black....sort of

And I guess Jeremy Lin is out.

Jayfence
04-28-2014, 12:14 PM
This - perfectly acceptable in today's society
Steve Nash (just an example) calls for an all white league - Media outrage, protests, 30 minute Obama press conference

tsbalr120
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
Man when this hits the news it'll blow up to a huge ordeal.

Lol

cashinout
04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
as opposed to the 90% black league we have not -____-

BomTrady
04-28-2014, 12:16 PM
my thing is why is it only one group of minorities constantly biitching man shiit is so annoying
Half hispanic half white master race here and i dont hear no fellow hispanics biitching about the "white man" holding them down and thats all you hear on the news and its like embedded in black peoples minds. its truly disturbing.
All hispanics do is just work hard and grind and they have way worse living conditions in Mexico and south american countries then any hood in America but still wanna act like its so rough and the worlds out to get them. Gotta stop making excuses as a black community if you wanna progress

There's so much wrong with your post that I dont even know where to begin.

Bulkytheboot
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
as opposed to the 90% black league we have not -____-

so he wants a league with all the black players, but without all the money...

needs to lay the crack-pipe down imo

DatCrohns
04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
Lol what Sterling said was stupid and racist as fudge but it's hilariously ironic how 350 black players/former players/analysts came out and were just as racist if not moreso in response and it is A okay.

isp
04-28-2014, 12:18 PM
that would be racist though

BullStampede
04-28-2014, 12:19 PM
good guy Woodson. Shame he got cut. That team had way more problems than the head coach.

dawktwenty
04-28-2014, 12:19 PM
But who would own the teams?

BullStampede
04-28-2014, 12:23 PM
But who would own the teams?

Government

1800_Cool_Guy
04-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Would fail miserably.

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Charles Barkley already said that the NBA is a black league.

Like Chuck, try to be like Chuck

anxietybrah
04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Lol, I could actually see this happen. No defense, all iso ball, And1 and then fights erupting in the stands on the regular and on the court.

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Lol, I could actually see this happen. No defense, all iso ball, And1 and then fights erupting in the stands on the regular and on the court.

This already happened: The NBA in the 1970's.

RoxasBrah
04-28-2014, 12:37 PM
He's a moron for even thinking about that, let alone actually saying it.

lenster44
04-28-2014, 12:38 PM
In b4 Tim Hardaway wants straight league.

XFP9rCnXR54

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Yeah, why stop there.
We'll need an Asian league. Jeremy Lin will be MVP and Yao will make a comeback
A Latino league. Eduardo Najera will be the league commissioner

leafs43
04-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Guy makes some racist comments............respond by being even more racist.

I swear on me mum someone needs to be hit right in da gabber to stop these bloody prats.

anxietybrah
04-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Larry Johnson wants a return to Negro League times. That's why I call out blacks here, the ignorance is simply mindblowing. You do wonder if these people ever went to school.

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 12:57 PM
Larry Johnson wants a return to Negro League times. That's why I call out blacks here, the ignorance is simply mindblowing. You do wonder if these people ever went to school.

You think Larry Johnson actually went to class while at UNLV?

BomTrady
04-28-2014, 12:59 PM

One old nut = enough for you to call out an entire race?

GTFO

Workout4ever
04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
they're 70% of the way there

larry be like.......soon.........

RAdaRuggedMan
04-28-2014, 01:02 PM
I don't see what's wrong with black people taking leadership in the businesses where they dominate. There should be more black owners in sports and more black execs in music. What no one ever wants to mention, but everyone knows, is that jews disproportionately hold these positions, even though they have no relation to the culture of the sport (or in hip hop's case, the music).

Leave it to retards on the sports misc to take his comments out of context though. LJ isn't advocating for ostracizing non-black players. He's calling for more black people to hold positions as coaches, owners, execs, etc. The fact I have to explain this is pathetic.

dizzin9
04-28-2014, 01:04 PM
My God, what is happening in the NBA is terrible... can somebody please... find LJ so we can make sense to all of this!!!

WHERE IS L???

Help me LJ.

BullStampede
04-28-2014, 01:09 PM
I don't see what's wrong with black people taking leadership in the businesses where they dominate. There should be more black owners in sports and more black execs in music. What no one ever wants to mention, but everyone knows, is that jews disproportionately hold these positions, even though they have no relation to the culture of the sport (or in hip hop's case, the music).

Leave it to retards on the sports misc to take his comments out of context though. LJ isn't advocating for ostracizing non-black players. He's calling for more black people to hold positions as coaches, owners, execs, etc. The fact I have to explain this is pathetic.

No one is stopping black people from becoming execs, coaches, owners, etc. No one but themselves.

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 01:31 PM

Yeah, when it comes to business, why let all the competent people who know what they are doing have all the exec jobs. Why let reality decide who gets those positions. It should all be based on culture.
So kick whitey out and let blacks take over. I'm sure they won't run it all into the ground.

cashinout
04-28-2014, 01:33 PM

See: Detroit

Answer1o1
04-28-2014, 01:39 PM

typical Hispanic has 5+ kids + welfare = working hard

The previous generations of Hispanics who came to America actually busted their asses, just like any other older immigrants. I live in CA. Just about all of my neighbor's are Hispanic. No racism, but lets be real brah today's Hispanics are NOT hard workers. They milk the system. Kids at the age of 14 and so on. Yeah enough said..

Now regarding the OP, Larry Johnson can go faurk himself. These older black dudes need to stop using this chitty race card. We're not living in those times anymore man it's done. Launch Larry and Jesse Jackson into space and lets all move along as a society

porcupinetree
04-28-2014, 01:42 PM

Maybe you have to explain it because he said nothing of the sort.
He said quite plainly that we need an all black league.

Maximum
04-28-2014, 01:52 PM
LJ is a Knick great now?

Pexterra
04-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Larry Johnson would be working at Mcdonalds if he wasn't good at Bball. Dat grammar

SwaggyT
04-28-2014, 02:06 PM
seems to me like slots and blacks get to say whatever is on their mind in this pathetic generation we live in. and this sucks cause he's a knick.

sdballer5588
04-28-2014, 02:08 PM

Yes. Cows should run the meat industry.

LeonardShelby
04-28-2014, 02:12 PM

Lol league would go bankrupt so fast. There's a reason Jews own everything they're born to run finance.

mlift11
04-28-2014, 02:13 PM
If they're referring to his playing days, he's a hornets great, not a Knicks great.

And are we saying that what he is calling for is definitely an all black league?

Lunatic
04-28-2014, 02:15 PM
And if all white players start boycotting because of this it will be called racism. Black players do it and it's called being heroic.

sircharles032
04-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Let's continue to diversify... what about all manlet and all gay leagues? All guys who like black jelly beans or green M&Ms... The possibilities are endless!!! Wonder what Larry's Grandmama would think about him perpetuating the hate.

socrates07
04-28-2014, 02:26 PM

victim mentality

combine that with political correctness and the veil they hide behind in that any kind of criticism towards their race is "racist" ( be it true or not ) and this is what you have.

zronv2
04-28-2014, 02:27 PM
That's fckng racist, guy should be banned from the league and should never be allowed to talk about NBA again. unbelievable

socrates07
04-28-2014, 02:28 PM
Government
oh dayyyyyuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm son

DATS RACIST!

that would go well...not. the pay cuts would be massive.

dats racist

dats racist

This - perfectly acceptable in today's society
Steve Nash (just an example) calls for an all white league - Media outrage, protests, 30 minute Obama press conference

dats racist

Man when this hits the news it'll blow up to a huge ordeal.

Lol

dats racist

dats racist

Yeah, when it comes to business, why let all the competent people who know what they are doing have all the exec jobs. Why let reality decide who gets those positions. It should all be based on culture.
So kick whitey out and let blacks take over. I'm sure they won't run it all into the ground.

dats racist

Larry Johnson would be working at Mcdonalds if he wasn't good at Bball. Dat grammar

dats racist

BrawnySwoleman
04-28-2014, 02:44 PM

Leave it to retards on the sports misc to take his comments out of context though. LJ isn't advocating for ostracizing non-black players. He's calling for more black people to hold positions as coaches, owners, execs, etc. The fact I have to explain this is pathetic.Who would have ever thought that a method of communication limited to 140 characters could ever lead to a misunderstanding.

nikeoneplatinum
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Then there would be no high IQ players.

Forumite
04-28-2014, 02:58 PM

Anyone see Family Guy last night? It's almost like their writers are wizards.

BullStampede
04-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Anyone see Family Guy last night? It's almost like their writers are wizards.

Aware me. Havent caught an episode of FG in like 3 years.

mlift11
04-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Aware me. Havent caught an episode of FG in like 3 years.
jerome says, "Peter, I'm black... i can't be racist."

basically sums up this whole thing

MontelWilliams
04-28-2014, 03:10 PM

agreed with SDBoner5588