PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy xiv or elder scrolls online?

AlecR
04-28-2014, 12:33 PM
I'd like to get back in to an mmo, preferably on my ps4. Does anyone have experience in both these titles? I just don't really want to start a game that I'm so late to the party, like wow. Tell me your experiences and which you enjoyed more.

leafs43
04-28-2014, 12:44 PM
If you like exploration and active combat, ESO.

If you like casual raiding and traditional combat, FFXIV

uabeng
04-28-2014, 12:47 PM
In for answers too... I played FFXI and to get anywhere near endgame you needed to invest about 18 hours a day to even be acceptable to many LS's..... Not looking to spend that much time for a stinking game anymore...

AlecR
04-28-2014, 12:51 PM
In for answers too... I played FFXI and to get anywhere near endgame you needed to invest about 18 hours a day to even be acceptable to many LS's..... Not looking to spend that much time for a stinking game anymore...

I'm with you on that. Have a full time job and family, not a whole lot of time to invest. You going to play on ps4 also?

DatCrohns
04-28-2014, 12:54 PM
FFXIV's time investment is nothing like FFXI, it's much more casual-friendly. When I was playing it there were actually limits to how much end game currency (used to buy some of the best weapons and armor) you could accrue in a given week. I found it horrendously boring and repetitive after awhile though, and the PVP is a phucking joke. It's definitely fun for a couple weeks though

uabeng
04-28-2014, 12:55 PM
I'm with you on that. Have a full time job and family, not a whole lot of time to invest. You going to play on ps4 also?

Yep sure am. I think final fantasy just got released to NA?

I'm pretty sure the JPN guys have been playing for a solid year and will ignore us like what happened in FFXI... grrrr....

DatCrohns
04-28-2014, 12:56 PM
Yep sure am. I think final fantasy just got released to NA?

I'm pretty sure the JPN guys have been playing for a solid year and will ignore us like what happened in FFXI... grrrr....

Nah cuzzz it came out at the end of last August

AlecR
04-28-2014, 01:00 PM
The pve seems Better in ffxiv but since swg I've wanted a good game to pvp in which seems better in elder scrolls online

uabeng
05-05-2014, 08:29 AM
So against my better judgement (reformed WoW addict) I picked up FF14(ps4) this weekend. Played all afternoon Sunday and it is actually pretty good. I mean, the GUI/controller needs some getting used to because I was used to playing WoW with a keyboard and mouse. No way is this game anything like FFXI. I got to level 10 pretty damn easy just by questing/solo... and I would say 70% of the time I was lost as fugg. I do think SE took a page out of Blizz's book for an MMO. The game is pretty fun right now. BTW, rolled a elf gladiator. Going for dat der paradin.

Flex3d
05-05-2014, 08:37 AM
So against my better judgement (reformed WoW addict) I picked up FF14(ps4) this weekend. Played all afternoon Sunday and it is actually pretty good. I mean, the GUI/controller needs some getting used to because I was used to playing WoW with a keyboard and mouse. No way is this game anything like FFXI. I got to level 10 pretty damn easy just by questing/solo... and I would say 70% of the time I was lost as fugg. I do think SE took a page out of Blizz's book for an MMO. The game is pretty fun right now. BTW, rolled a elf gladiator. Going for dat der paradin.

Keep in mind the game is really slow paced at the beginning. Really opens up and gets better at level cap and at certain points.

What server you roll on? I'm on Behemoth.

Flex3d
05-05-2014, 08:38 AM
I'd like to get back in to an mmo, preferably on my ps4. Does anyone have experience in both these titles? I just don't really want to start a game that I'm so late to the party, like wow. Tell me your experiences and which you enjoyed more.

FFXIV is pretty good, I thought ESO was complete crap especially for an MMO. Felt souless and boring.

uabeng
05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Keep in mind the game is really slow paced at the beginning. Really opens up and gets better at level cap and at certain points.

What server you roll on? I'm on Behemoth.

Famfrit...

As far as later on, you don't have to dedicate 10 hours a day to get cool chit do you? haha

Flex3d
05-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Famfrit...

As far as later on, you don't have to dedicate 10 hours a day to get cool chit do you? haha

No, the primal hard/extremes take 20 minutes, depending in your group.
Hard mode dungeons that give 50 mythology points and 40 Soldiery points take like 30 minutes a pop. You can speed run then in like 10 minutes. They also drop ilevel 70 gear.

Mythology can buy you ilevel 90 gear and has no cap.
Soldiery gives you ilevel 100 gear, which can be upgraded to ilevel 110 gear. Soldiery is capped at 450 points / week.

Best bet for weapons is your Relic weapon quest line. Took me 3-4 hours to do it and it gives you an ilevel 80 weapon, which can upgrade to ilevel 90 with 900 Mythology points then upgraded even further to Atma etc. Primals drop good gear as well. Some people I know are stuck trying to do the Relic quest due to Titan hard mode though, but I had gotten him on my first try, second attempt.

I'm not at the 8-man raids yet so I couldn't tell you.

Could easily cap your soldiery points in few hours a week and get some of the best gear and mythology buys some pretty good gear. Obviously you can get gear from the dungeons and raids too.

uabeng
05-05-2014, 10:01 AM
No, the primal hard/extremes take 20 minutes, depending in your group.
Hard mode dungeons that give 50 mythology points and 40 Soldiery points take like 30 minutes a pop. You can speed run then in like 10 minutes. They also drop ilevel 70 gear.

Mythology can buy you ilevel 90 gear and has no cap.
Soldiery gives you ilevel 100 gear, which can be upgraded to ilevel 110 gear. Soldiery is capped at 450 points / week.

Best bet for weapons is your Relic weapon quest line. Took me 3-4 hours to do it and it gives you an ilevel 80 weapon, which can upgrade to ilevel 90 with 900 Mythology points then upgraded even further to Atma etc. Primals drop good gear as well. Some people I know are stuck trying to do the Relic quest due to Titan hard mode though, but I had gotten him on my first try, second attempt.

I'm not at the 8-man raids yet so I couldn't tell you.

Could easily cap your soldiery points in few hours a week and get some of the best gear and mythology buys some pretty good gear. Obviously you can get gear from the dungeons and raids too.

niiice... so no more 8 hour raids x_x;;

this will be a nice change..

Flex3d
05-05-2014, 10:38 AM
niiice... so no more 8 hour raids x_x;;

this will be a nice change..

Yeah, one of my friend is in a static group for Coil of Bahamut turn 5-9. I think they are up to 7 or 8. They play a few nights a week for 2-3 hours. Majority of end game is 8-man stuff.

hawaiian robots
05-05-2014, 12:51 PM
I stopped playing ffxiv around 8 months ago, how much has changed?

AlecR
05-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Going to cancel my elder scrolls pre-order and buy this for ps3 since it's 24 bucks then upgrade it to ps4 for free. I want to play with miscers though. What's your ps4 names so I can add you Bros and play when I get the game?

uabeng
05-05-2014, 01:19 PM
uabeng is my ps4 id... however i doubt i'll be usefull at ff... blind leading blind kinda thing... haha

CapitalSTEEZ
05-05-2014, 11:20 PM
In for answers too... I played FFXI and to get anywhere near endgame you needed to invest about 18 hours a day to even be acceptable to many LS's..... Not looking to spend that much time for a stinking game anymore...its not like that anymore

Leveling up is 100x faster now than it once was

EDIT: I did buy FFXIV today though, going to start playing that

Flex3d
05-11-2014, 06:57 PM
its not like that anymore

Leveling up is 100x faster now than it once was

EDIT: I did buy FFXIV today though, going to start playing that

How ya liking it?

uabeng
05-12-2014, 06:16 AM
Haha good thread bump - As for me I've been killing it. Love this game...

27 Gladiator
15 Conjurer
7 Marauder

Going to be on that paladin time before long...

TheExorzist
05-12-2014, 06:55 AM
Bought FFXIV 2 weeks ago and phuck, I'm totally addicted. There are a truckload of the usual fetch quests but I honestly have to say that I don't care. The game looks gorgeous on PS4 and just roaming through this beautiful world is amazing. Played like 8 hours straight yesterday and had to force myself to stop. LVL 30 now with my Lancer.

This game is easily playable alone OP and you can easily jump in every now and then instead of investing a lot of time into it immediately. Up to LVL 30 now I had only like 5 raids of something that I had to do with other players. Everything else I could do by myself up until now. It's even more fun alone because it easier to concentrate on the background story if you aren't constantly in a chat with someone else. And you can always call your bros when you need them. No need to worry about the LVL discrepancies because even if their LVL is higher than yours it will be set down for the raid (all dungeons have a LVL cap - if your over it you will be set back). If you don't have any friends to help you there is a pretty good system to help you find people to do the dungeons with.

Controls take a lot of time to get used to. Every button seems to have several functions and I found this to be very confusing at the start. Glad I had some buddies that helped me into it.

I can't say more except that I'm totally engrossed into this game. It's my first MMO so I can't really compare it to any other MMOs. Can't comment on the endgame content either. So far I'm having a blast doing the fetch quest, storyline and simply exploring the world. Amazing game!

devilbones
05-12-2014, 10:08 AM
A bunch of us were on Adamantoise and had a MISC FC. There is still a MISC LS but not too many active on there. I play casually about 1-2 hours/day maybe longer on weekends.

jasticus
05-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Check my thread on rift. Its free now and it's extremely good.

AlecR
05-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Bought ffxiv. On ultros server. Game is confusing.

devilbones
05-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Bought ffxiv. On ultros server. Game is confusing.
If you switch to Adamantoise we have a fairly large? FC (150+), tons of active members willing to help.

hawaiian robots
05-13-2014, 07:08 AM
If you switch to Adamantoise we have a fairly large? FC (150+), tons of active members willing to help.

Who do I contact in game for an invite?

Flex3d
05-13-2014, 10:16 AM

There's hardly anyone in the Misc guild anymore.
I transferred from Adamantoise to Behemoth myself.

uabeng
05-13-2014, 11:24 AM
What is the best way to make money? Crafting? Selling crafting materials? I don't think my server's economy is that great right now...

devilbones
05-15-2014, 05:04 AM
There's hardly anyone in the Misc guild anymore.
I transferred from Adamantoise to Behemoth myself.
Yeah I am no longer in the Misc FC, there are a few of us in a new FC. Still have the LP though.

devilbones
05-15-2014, 05:05 AM
What is the best way to make money? Crafting? Selling crafting materials? I don't think my server's economy is that great right now...
Spriritbonding crafting/gathering materia.

midcoastking33
05-15-2014, 05:12 PM
played ff14 for a couple weeks, got bored to tears