PDA

View Full Version : When is the best time to buy a new phone?

khuong1994
04-27-2014, 08:15 AM
I'm looking to buy a nexus 5 and I was wondering if phones usually drop in price nearing/after the release of new generation (ie nexus 6 in a couple of months)? Worth waiting or should I just buy one now?

dzj
04-27-2014, 09:13 AM
They typically do. I remember before the nexus 5 came out you could get a nexus 4 for $100 cheaper. Problem is they sold out within a day. So is it worth waiting 3-6months to save $100, it's up to you. Best time to buy phones would probably be around september when most companies have their flagship phone releases. Iphone, google, oneplus.

Kevzaz
04-27-2014, 09:27 AM
The best time to buy any technology is when you need it.

Rawp0wer1O1
04-27-2014, 09:28 AM
The best time to buy any technology is when you want it.

fixed

awwwww yea

nilekyle
04-27-2014, 09:36 AM
if it's good technology, right when it comes out. i bought my iphone 4 three years ago and only now is it starting to become obsolete. it was probably the best investment ive ever made in terms of technology. that being said im waiting for the iphone 6 because i love ios and ios dev.

LucasDavenport
04-27-2014, 08:10 PM
if it's good technology, right when it comes out. i bought my iphone 4 three years ago and only now is it starting to become obsolete. it was probably the best investment ive ever made in terms of technology. that being said im waiting for the iphone 6 because i love ios and ios dev.

Agreed. I had a 4 for two and a half years but had to upgrade in October. I didn't get enough memory(16gb) and it was so full it slowed down too much.

DCutch
04-27-2014, 08:40 PM
The best time is usually early in the morning when the store opens, that way you can get in and out quickly. Whenever I go in the afternoon to the AT&T store the cheeky kunts are always busy helping other people.

khuong1994
04-27-2014, 08:43 PM
The best time is usually early in the morning when the store opens, that way you can get in and out quickly. Whenever I go in the afternoon to the AT&T store the cheeky kunts are always busy helping other people.b-b-b-but then i have to talk to the people at the store.

if it's good technology, right when it comes out. i bought my iphone 4 three years ago and only now is it starting to become obsolete. it was probably the best investment ive ever made in terms of technology. that being said im waiting for the iphone 6 because i love ios and ios dev.sounds good brah, I think I might just wait for the nexus 6, doubt it will be much more expensive than the nexus 5 is right now

mackd
04-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I'd wait for Nexus 6.
I'm due for a new phone, I've been wanting the Nexus 5 so badly, but i think i'm going to wait it out for the Nexus 6, and if Nexus 6 gets bad reviews (highly unlikely) then i'll buy a Nexus 5 at a cheaper price.

DESERPENTOR
04-27-2014, 11:25 PM
August all the new devices come out around the end of the summer, so then the older models go on sale or many are free with upgrades.