PDA

View Full Version : What is so bad about the Wii U?

Impurityz
04-25-2014, 05:06 PM
I see people bashing the system on other sites...

I do not have it, but I have the 3ds and always enjoy the nintendo titles. What about the system is so bleh?

dzj
04-25-2014, 05:12 PM

I do not have it, but I have the 3ds and always enjoy the nintendo titles. What about the system is so bleh?

It's the same as the original Wii. It has the good nintendo exclusive titles, but it lacks the online community and more of the hardcore graphics that the newer generation consoles have.

linkin90
04-25-2014, 05:27 PM

The wii U will lack 3rd party support. Although the wii sold well I believe 3rd party software sales where not that good. Couple that with the weaker hardware and you have 3rd party pulling out. Also, Nintendo did a horrible job marketing the wii u and its sales have been pretty bad. Ps4 and I believe even the xbox 1 have already outsold it. So its not that the system is bad, you will still get your quality Nintendo games on it. But if your using it as your primary console you will miss a lot of 3rd party games this generation.

freeburn
04-25-2014, 07:18 PM
its not that its bad, its just not good. they either need to grow up and appeal to more adult gamers or face being a second rate console for the rest of its life. they are lucky they have the exclusives that they even do and that theres a fanbase for them at all, otherwise they'd be totally ****ed.

Otaman
04-25-2014, 07:24 PM
no games
very weak console
retarded controller
whole company is stuck in the past

it's basically a joke

LS Series
04-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Lack of good online system as a whole. Lack of third party, which is eh anyways, because of how good the first party titles are. The tablet has its pros and cons, depends on player. From the people I've talked to, it's a love it or hate it system. I think it's fun to kick on with friends, wife, family, etc. But I wouldn't have it as a main system for sure.

Impurityz
04-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Yeah I considered getting the system but with the 3ds and being able to play mario kart8 and the new ssb I might just stick with the 3ds

I am starting to enjoy nintendo titles more then your typical 3rd party games anymore now.

linkin90
04-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah I considered getting the system but with the 3ds and being able to play mario kart8 and the new ssb I might just stick with the 3ds

I am starting to enjoy nintendo titles more then your typical 3rd party games anymore now.

Yea I've been debating getting a wii u too but there's really no point since I have a 3ds. Maybe if I had friends over often enough to play or if I had family to play smash brothers or Mario cart that would be a different story.

lebowski951
04-25-2014, 10:10 PM
smash bros online is going to change things. I appreciate that they're not nickle and diming consumers to death, but like every system, software is key. If they want to attract third party developers they need a huge install base, and that requires first rate exclusive software. until then...........

areyouaweir
04-26-2014, 12:48 AM

Im just likw you, i couldn't careless about CoD and the likes but I do enjoy SSB and other Nintendo titles. I will probably get a WiiU in the future but I sure wish Nintendo would stop trying to innovate with their retarded controllers and just copy the PS4 all I want is Nintendo titles on a normal console not some inferior plastic tablet with a mid 90s OS that tries to compete with ipads while also trying to be a gaming machine.

i also have a 3DS and, aside from my pc, its the console I've enjoyed most in the past decade. ALBW was just amazing.

Domina8r
04-26-2014, 01:04 AM
no games
very weak console
retarded controller
whole company is stuck in the past

it's basically a joke

yep. You nailed it.

most successful video game company by quite a margin......they know what they doing, they revolutionize everything. They knew this generation of consoles were going to be fail, because they are already majorly dated, so they got in early and just released a console that could take them through while they come out with something new and revolutionary.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZX6hgi.jpg

Gewichtmeister
04-26-2014, 01:53 AM
Hardware is crap and expensive, online/account system is garbage, no third party support, pityful first party support compared to their former consoles like N64 and Gamecube.

linkin90
04-26-2014, 08:19 AM
yep. You nailed it.

most successful video game company by quite a margin......they know what they doing, they revolutionize everything. They knew this generation of consoles were going to be fail, because they are already majorly dated, so they got in early and just released a console that could take them through while they come out with something new and revolutionary.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZX6hgi.jpg

Your chart is pretty much pointing to their past successes. The fact is the wii u is struggling. They where cocky from their success with the wii and flopped with the wii u. They didn't market it properly and they did not cater to third party at all in their design. Aside from their stellar first party games, they are going to lack a lot of games this generation. Could you imagine if they didn't drop the ball and actually removed the gimmicks and made a console on par with the ps4 and xbox one along with their first party support? They would be killing it if they did that.

Impurityz
04-26-2014, 09:53 AM
lol wait... I thought mario kart8 would be on 3ds but I cant find it anywhere?

Is it seriously wii u only?

LurkoLantern
04-26-2014, 10:02 AM
Your chart is pretty much pointing to their past successes. The fact is the wii u is struggling. They where cocky from their success with the wii and flopped with the wii u. They didn't market it properly and they did not cater to third party at all in their design. Aside from their stellar first party games, they are going to lack a lot of games this generation. Could you imagine if they didn't drop the ball and actually removed the gimmicks and made a console on par with the ps4 and xbox one along with their first party support? They would be killing it if they did that.

This ^^^. I also gotta wonder how things might be different if it just had a different name. Making it sound like an add-on to the wii simply confused the parents of children.

CyberSheriff
04-26-2014, 10:13 AM
People complain that games suck now cause they are the short and easy with a chitty storyline or the same regurgitated fps, yet people bash nintendo who is trying to do the opposite.

Galindo62
04-26-2014, 10:39 AM
People complain that games suck now cause they are the short and easy with a chitty storyline or the same regurgitated fps, yet people bash nintendo who is trying to do the opposite.

has Nintendo even made a new series???

what are you talking about m8.

Herr13
04-26-2014, 10:42 AM
always lol when grown men bash the wii...

Galindo62
04-26-2014, 10:48 AM
always lol when grown men bash the wii...

excuse me but phaggot misc is that way >

linkin90
04-26-2014, 11:37 AM
lol wait... I thought mario kart8 would be on 3ds but I cant find it anywhere?

Is it seriously wii u only?

I could have sworn it was coming to 3ds but your right, I don't see a 3ds release anywhere.

tdnick
04-26-2014, 11:54 AM
Because nostalgia is only good for a few hours

GoldStorm
04-26-2014, 12:03 PM
If your the kind of person who buys a console and then buys 10-20 games the Wii U isn't for you. The Wii U exclusive titles are top notch. If your only going to buy a few games then the Wii U has plenty of offer. The first party games are really that good. They are just going for a different market.

Drop_Dead
04-26-2014, 12:45 PM
pretty much the only games i care about on wii u are monster hunter games. and some JRPGS (dont care about any mario or zelda)

ill probably just buy a 3ds and that circle pad pro thing

obmas
04-26-2014, 03:43 PM
the menu/OS is so shtty. Takes a few seconds just to go into options and then another few seconds back to main screen.

i bought it for $200 and still waiting for a good title to buy... sorry, but im not into mario games. dun give a sht about mariokart

jasonjb
04-26-2014, 04:07 PM
the menu/OS is so shtty. Takes a few seconds just to go into options and then another few seconds back to main screen.

i bought it for $200 and still waiting for a good title to buy... sorry, but im not into mario games. dun give a sht about mariokart
why would you buy a nintendo console then, the whole point of buying one is so you get to play nintendo exclusive games like that

Gewichtmeister
04-26-2014, 11:05 PM
why would you buy a nintendo console then, the whole point of buying one is so you get to play nintendo exclusive games like that

Back in the day Nintendo had actually a variety of different franchises that were not Mario.

bodymovesyou
04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
I own one and play Mario/DK on it.

Call the cops, I don't care.

amazingmuzmo
04-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Impurityz sucks at gears of war

MrRedz
04-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Wii u would be alright if they brought more games into it.
where is my star fox, f-1 zero, kirby, more Dk games and metroid? Stupid nintendo

Zerafian
04-27-2014, 11:07 AM
nothing...thats the only console I have besides an N64, love that mario stuff, so nostalgic. I use the PC for srs gaming :)

jasonjb
04-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Back in the day Nintendo had actually a variety of different franchises that were not Mario.
ya back in the day, but now all you can count on nintendo bringing back is Zelda and Mario. The other franchises you would be lucky to get one game from them

SlickSikh
04-27-2014, 12:57 PM
The Wii u's library isn't even that bad, it just needs to add more 3rd party games besides bayonetta 2, watch dogs, batman and etc. IMO the games make the system, so i guess E3 will tell us whether Nintendo still cares about its hardcore gamers or not.

obmas
04-27-2014, 03:01 PM

smash bro duh. I know ill eventually get a Wii U for smash bros and "X", so when i found a really good deal on it I bought it. But the system fckign sucks right now. Hardware is on par with ps3 but the OS is terrible.

The current wii u library is utter sht. Everytime I walk into bestbuy to see if there are any good wii u games, all the only ones that look good enough to buy is mario 3d world and zelda HD

GloboRick
04-27-2014, 05:46 PM
I bought wii u just for zelda, smash bros, Mkart 8. Been a long wait....
Its not a bad console, nintendo marketed it horribly and the hardware specs are a little weak, runs certain things a bit slow, aps like netflix and hulu crash a lot. They need more 3rd party interaction as well ofc.
Besides that its not bad, hopefully future updates can fix most of it.

Smash bros is going to be fun either way, keep on bashing, the new smash will be a console selling worthy title.

jhm123
04-28-2014, 10:51 AM
there are definitely some great games on the wii u now, and lots down the pipeline.

you buy a nintendo system for nintendo exclusives, i don't care about ubisoft/EA garbage or dudebro shooters. if you want to play 3rd party games properly, play them on PC.