PDA

View Full Version : Laptop fan Running 100% at all times, Help?

poonpounder311
04-25-2014, 02:42 PM
So I bough a new Asus G75 laptop and it was all good the first 2 days. Yesterday it did a windows update and after it restart my fan was running at 100%. I restarted it and same thing. The fan constantly runs at 100% all the time. Usually it would only come on when I was watching a HD video or after a while of gaming, but now its 100% from the second I turn on my comp. I tried to google answers and it seems like a frequent problem but no one really answers how to fix it. One dude said its a glitch with windows 8.1 and he fixed by doing a reset/reinstall so I did that and I've still got the same problem.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix?

InstantLoser
04-25-2014, 02:49 PM
So I bough a new Asus G75 laptop and it was all good the first 2 days. Yesterday it did a windows update and after it restart my fan was running at 100%. I restarted it and same thing. The fan constantly runs at 100% all the time. Usually it would only come on when I was watching a HD video or after a while of gaming, but now its 100% from the second I turn on my comp. I tried to google answers and it seems like a frequent problem but no one really answers how to fix it. One dude said its a glitch with windows 8.1 and he fixed by doing a reset/reinstall so I did that and I've still got the same problem.

Anyone had this problem or know how to fix?

If it's the GPU fan, try installing MSI Afterburner and manually set the fan to like 40%. If it's a system fan, see if there's a button on the laptop for a "fan performance" mode. I had a similar laptop before and there was a button that triggered performance mode vs quiet mode. Also, you can check the BIOS to see if the fan is set to "Turbo" and you can move it to "Auto" or "Silent".

chevy72blu
04-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Go to your resource monitor and check that nothing is running the CPU at 100%

jinda628
04-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Before you go on setting your fan speed manually, check your temps (CPU/GPU). If you are getting high temps most times, then thats the reason why your fan is on full speed.
If your temps are good and fan is still 100%, then try editing your fan table. I use HWInfo, some use Afterburner.

MiscMathematician
04-25-2014, 10:43 PM
there's always some retarded windows update that makes something take up 50% CPU. probably it