PDA

View Full Version : So I decided to play Morrowind...

Supadude
04-24-2014, 08:23 PM
72 hours in....haven't started the main quest yet....Oh lawd :D

Drop_Dead
04-24-2014, 08:56 PM
i played that for my first time only a couple years ago. lol my computer cant run much more advanced than morrowind unfortunately, anyways awesome game. i ended playing like 300 hours and eventually got burnt out before even finishing any of the expansions.

id totally replay it if the combat was more fun. thats the only thing that kept me from coming back and beating every expansion and then making new chars and beating everything again.

when i finally buy my first real computer ill get a million mods and play again for sure

MrAWatts
04-24-2014, 09:10 PM
See sig. Enjoy

Supadude
04-24-2014, 09:38 PM
i played that for my first time only a couple years ago. lol my computer cant run much more advanced than morrowind unfortunately, anyways awesome game. i ended playing like 300 hours and eventually got burnt out before even finishing any of the expansions.

id totally replay it if the combat was more fun. thats the only thing that kept me from coming back and beating every expansion and then making new chars and beating everything again.

when i finally buy my first real computer ill get a million mods and play again for sure

Currently playing with a million mods bro. Have a top of the line computer and the game still drops sub 30 FPS regularly...lol

Fred87nc
04-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Pics with mods?

Vagitarian
04-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Enjoy playing the greatest open world RPG ever made.

mitchFCB
04-24-2014, 10:06 PM
My computer is subpar, thinking of getting morrowind just for when im bored. If someone can post some 'must have' mods for noob me, id be grateful

crosso
04-24-2014, 10:56 PM
god damn i wish i could play it for the first time again.
best game of all time

JADDENCOR
04-25-2014, 03:48 AM
Check this out if you want an upgraded Morrowind expierence guys
d69wYi3_LWo

(version 3.0 shown in the video is now released)
Link to website: http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/

Dippz
04-25-2014, 04:31 AM
Pics with mods?

Yeah screenshots with everything maxed would be nice, OP.

Also morrowind brah checkin in. Countless hours and never finished main quest, just did whatever side quests I could find, robbed everything in sight and became head of a few guilds. By the way there's a certain order of quests you have to follow if you want to be head of both fighters and thiefs guild. If you screw up, you won't be able to.

Never did any of the addon content besides getting attacked in my sleep lol.

Will have to replay with everything maxed out on new pc.

chevy72blu
04-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Never played any of TES games besides Skyrim. Is it worth going back to?

Kalmah6661
04-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Never played any of TES games besides Skyrim. Is it worth going back to?

Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

The graphics are a bit dated at this point, but the story and atmosphere are top-notch still.

Give Oblivion a try, as well. They're all worth every penny.

HurpnDurp
04-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Did you guys use or recommend any mods for it? I wanna do a playthrough of it but I think the dated graphics will get to me

InstantLoser
04-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Did you guys use or recommend any mods for it? I wanna do a playthrough of it but I think the dated graphics will get to me

There's not a ton of improvement to be had there regrettably. It's a pretty old graphics engine so there's only so much you can really do to improve it. Even Oblivion looks like crap to me now compared with modded Skyrim. There are "some" fun/goofy mods, like you can add Samus Aran from Metroid to the game and get her armor, thus allowing you to shoot energy blasts at stuff and jump really high. Pretty lulzy.

canconfirm
04-25-2014, 05:08 PM
See sig. Enjoy

wow, so much enjoyment

pics of progress OP?

EndingLife
04-25-2014, 06:22 PM
i thought it was one of the longest games I could remember playing, until i saw a vid on youtube of a guy beating it in less than 5 minutes lol. Seriously, without cheats you can beat the game in less than 5 minutes.

Azure84
04-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Amazing game, but I'd need to give myself 500% walk/run speed to play it again.

Supadude
04-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Yeah screenshots with everything maxed would be nice, OP.

Also morrowind brah checkin in. Countless hours and never finished main quest, just did whatever side quests I could find, robbed everything in sight and became head of a few guilds. By the way there's a certain order of quests you have to follow if you want to be head of both fighters and thiefs guild. If you screw up, you won't be able to.

Never did any of the addon content besides getting attacked in my sleep lol.

Will have to replay with everything maxed out on new pc.

Definitely one of the best games I've ever played.

The graphics are a bit dated at this point, but the story and atmosphere are top-notch still.

Give Oblivion a try, as well. They're all worth every penny.

Watch the video ^^^. The game is fuking biuriful.

Supadude
04-25-2014, 08:27 PM
There's not a ton of improvement to be had there regrettably. It's a pretty old graphics engine so there's only so much you can really do to improve it. Even Oblivion looks like crap to me now compared with modded Skyrim. There are "some" fun/goofy mods, like you can add Samus Aran from Metroid to the game and get her armor, thus allowing you to shoot energy blasts at stuff and jump really high. Pretty lulzy.

With Mods it doesn't look as good as Skyrim obviously. But teh graphics are still pretty fuking good. Good enough to where "dated" graphics shouldn't even be a consideration with playing it today.

Otaman
04-25-2014, 08:48 PM
With Mods it doesn't look as good as Skyrim obviously. But teh graphics are still pretty fuking good. Good enough to where "dated" graphics shouldn't even be a consideration with playing it today.

lol no. Even with mods, it looks like ****. But it's undestandable, it's 12 years old. It's great game though

http://xboxsuperghost.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/morrowind_screenshots_0.jpg

Supadude
04-25-2014, 09:05 PM
lol no. Even with mods, it looks like ****. But it's undestandable, it's 12 years old. It's great game though

Take another look:

http://www.ornitocopter.net/wp-content/gallery/moscreens/299477_110823059072506_290095964_n.jpg
http://www.ornitocopter.net/wp-content/gallery/moscreens/267316_110823119072500_444533371_n.jpg
http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/images/100/790772-1398041645.jpg
http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/images/100/1193608-1398033070.png
http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/images/100/9903184-1395922514.jpg
http://static-3.nexusmods.com/15/images/100/1600249-1392727925.jpg

Vagitarian
04-25-2014, 09:42 PM
^So biuriful...best game of all time.

TheAlterEgo
04-26-2014, 01:47 AM
Would like to know system specs of that video, my PC is pretty poverty now [Zotac GT 430, Phenom II x3]. I have the game on disc, but could never get it to work with Win7. Picked up the game on Xbox and tryied playing it the other day, but the gameplay is so choppy its damn near unplayable.

Supadude
04-26-2014, 02:30 AM
Would like to know system specs of that video, my PC is pretty poverty now [Zotac GT 430, Phenom II x3]. I have the game on disc, but could never get it to work with Win7. Picked up the game on Xbox and tryied playing it the other day, but the gameplay is so choppy its damn near unplayable.

I have a Core i7 4770K overclocked to 4.5GHz and an overclocked Radeon 7950 and the game drops sub 30 FPS frequently. You need a beast of a machine to play everything at the highest quality. The main problem is that the engine was created before multi-core CPUs were popular and it's written to only use a single core.

You could probably turn off some of the visuals though and it would still look pretty good.

Jinru
04-26-2014, 02:31 AM
OP you should've waited until Skywind was completed. That's what I'm doing for my 1st morrowind experience.

uJwpaVwOaHM

QT0wo3q3HXc

Supadude
04-26-2014, 02:54 AM
OP you should've waited until Skywind was completed. That's what I'm doing for my 1st morrowind experience.

uJwpaVwOaHM

QT0wo3q3HXc

Wow that looks sweet bro. But honestly from viewing the video it looks almost like a completely new game. By the time they finish and you could probably go back and play the game again and have a whole new experience.

vvvaaa
04-26-2014, 03:03 AM
Morrowind is my favorite game of all times.

How my experience was:

New game, talk to people in town, go out of town, attack crab, lol, can't kill a crab. Enter cave...lol can't kill people.

superamped
04-26-2014, 03:07 AM

uJwpaVwOaHM

QT0wo3q3HXc

http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/8/f/8f8cc_ORIG-intredasting.jpg

NextBestThing
04-26-2014, 04:29 AM
Wow that looks sweet bro. But honestly from viewing the video it looks almost like a completely new game. By the time they finish and you could probably go back and play the game again and have a whole new experience.

By the time they finish that Skyrim graphics will seem dated

wings_unhinged
04-26-2014, 05:09 AM
I'd like to play Skywind.

Drop_Dead
04-26-2014, 11:41 AM
dont understand why people care so much about graphics, ive always seen it as a nice little bonus if the graphics are good but thats it. just icing on the cake.

blows my mind when people say they cant get into a certain game because they cant feel immersed when the graphics are mediocre. i bet those are the same type of people who have never read a book unless they had to for school or something

Vagitarian
04-26-2014, 11:52 AM

[youtube]uJwpaVwOaHM[youtube]

[youtube]QT0wo3q3HXc[youtube]

Except for the fact that all of the game mechanics that made Morrowind awesome will be lost. So Skywind is simply a coat of Morrowind paint over Skyrim.

dont understand why people care so much about graphics, ive always seen it as a nice little bonus if the graphics are good but thats it. just icing on the cake.

blows my mind when people say they cant get into a certain game because they cant feel immersed when the graphics are mediocre. i bet those are the same type of people who have never read a book unless they had to for school or something

Indeed

vvvaaa
04-26-2014, 11:52 AM

blows my mind when people say they cant get into a certain game because they cant feel immersed when the graphics are mediocre. i bet those are the same type of people who have never read a book unless they had to for school or somethingOn launch Morrowind was really, really buggy. The game was great but the people who designed textures were blind, srs. And you would get stuck in every single door, wall, box, stone, tree, etc.

Drop_Dead
04-26-2014, 12:08 PM
that would get frustrating pretty quick. (first time i played morrowind was roughly 2-3 years ago)

Supadude
04-26-2014, 12:09 PM
By the time they finish that Skyrim graphics will seem dated

Probably....but then they'll just get started updating it to the latest TES engine...lol

AshWar
04-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Even thinking about that game makes me nostalgic :(

Supadude
04-27-2014, 10:27 AM

To be fair games which are 15-20 years old do look pretty abysmal. We've been spoiled by graphics over the years.

cyde
04-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Do yourself a favor and play this gem when you're done with Morrowind. It's 2D and looks pretty bad, but the lore and story are unmatched. PS: Torment > Baldur's Gate series

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Planescape-torment-box.jpg

Supadude
04-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Do yourself a favor and play this gem when you're done with Morrowind. It's 2D and looks pretty bad, but the lore and story are unmatched. PS: Torment > Baldur's Gate series

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Planescape-torment-box.jpg

One of my favorite games of all times. Played it years ago and now own it on gog.com. I'll probably give it another run sometime since I don't remember a thing from 15 years ago.

I'm also a backer for the sequel http s://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/. Can't fuking wait for this game bro.

Vagitarian
04-27-2014, 11:12 AM

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/06/Planescape-torment-box.jpg[img]

I played that game for the first time last year or so, and when I first made it outside I thought the game looked surprisingly good especially in widescreen.

UShudFeelMyPain
04-27-2014, 11:48 AM

[youtube]uJwpaVwOaHM

[youtube]QT0wo3q3HXc

looks epic, but will it ever be completed, or playable?

G-Profit
04-27-2014, 12:56 PM
my gaming PC has been down for months, think my surface pro 2 could handle Morrowind with lots of graphic mods? Lol srs haven't played any games on this yet and I've never really played morrowind

Supadude
04-27-2014, 01:15 PM
I played that game for the first time last year or so, and when I first made it outside I thought the game looked surprisingly good especially in widescreen.

The 2D isometric games tend to age a lot better than the 3D games because of the artwork instead of crappy rendered 3D models.

Supadude
04-27-2014, 01:16 PM
my gaming PC has been down for months, think my surface pro 2 could handle Morrowind with lots of graphic mods? Lol srs haven't played any games on this yet and I've never really played morrowind

Does a surface pro have integrated graphics? You'll probably have to turn off a lot of the best graphics settings to make it playable.