PDA

View Full Version : Korean capsized ship...

Wayne Evans
04-24-2014, 08:57 AM
Holy shvt.....

My empathy for those parents, family members and friends waiting at the dock for answers and knowing the horrible news that awaits them cannot be put in words.
Yesterday I'd heard the ship was overloaded to the tune of 3X the limit AND possible bribery of some port officials may be involved.
Of course, some of this info may be reactionary and too soon to confirm yet.
This tragedy is heart wrenching.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/south-korea-ferry-disaster/south-korea-ferry-heartache-pair-tied-life-jackets-together-n88421

GuyJin
04-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Over here (Japan) the media is following the story closely. Apparently the captain--who's been arrested along with some members of the crew--ordered a sharp turn and the ship couldn't handle it. It tipped over, but the captain ordered everyone to wait. HE got off first, but left the others to die. At the very least, IMO he's guilty of negligence. At worst--and I hope they throw the book at this coward--he's guilty of murder.

Many of the passengers were high school kids on a school trip. Horrible news for their parents. Poor rescue attempts not helped by bad weather, darkness, and choppy water. What a terrible waste of life.

UnaChispita
04-24-2014, 03:42 PM
So, so sad.

http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140422001304

Wayne Evans
04-24-2014, 04:58 PM
GuyJin....
I hear ya'.....the negligence and cowardice is beyond words.
The captain needs to trade ethereal places with that poor principal that could not take the grief of the tragedy and checked out by his own hand.

UnaChispita....
Well....isn't Kim Seong-kon telling it like it is.

I can't get the image of all those waiting, grief stricken, tearful people at the dock out of my mind.

Later....

beachguy498
04-25-2014, 05:27 AM
Wasn't the ship grossly overloaded and the cars on board not tied down properly? Not that any of that would come into play here....

Life is just so cheap in some parts of the world, how many of these type of accidents to we see per year? At least 2 somewhere in the East whether it be Malaysia, Sri Lanka or some other 3rd World port. And the people will accept that risk to get from point A to point B.

Rob