PDA

View Full Version : Misandry Abounds in Commercials Now Rant...

Espi1971
04-24-2014, 07:54 AM
I personally think that ALL corporations are now featuring misandry in their commercials.

The only thing that surprises me about it is that I hardly hear a whimper from men.

I think that part of the problem is that society's PC force is preaching "acceptance" for EVERYTHING these days. Yes, sometimes it IS appropriate to accept things, but the embrace of the female mentality of acceptance seems to convey that it's best to just ride the wave and NOT challenge things or complain about them or express any unpopular opinions--ESPECIALLY when those opinions run counter to ANYTHING pertaining to "gender equality."

It's better for men to just take it lying down, and adopt the neutered dog mentality because you can't change anything anyway. So why complain about it? THIS is what more and more women actually seem to desire in men. It serves them better. Hardly anybody likes or has an appreciation for a straight, outspoken man--especially gays and non-attractive women.

I can think of very few exceptions to the commercial misandry rule; perhaps the corporations that are targeting to white upper class males--BMW comes to mind--have no financial interest in making the men look stupid--but I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find one of their commercials that placates to women and makes the men look like buffoons.

I was watching TV last night and a Geico commercial aired, portraying a bride and groom at the alter, when suddenly the bride leaves the groom at the alter and pursues a new car instead.

I was watching this with my wife, and she knows very well how I feel about the commercials that are being aired these days. I looked at her and said, "I wish they would air ONE fvucking commercial this year in which the woman is portrayed as the fvucking idiot. Just ONE."

Of course, men can't call women "idiots" because that would be misogynistic. OK for a woman to say that about men, though.

In some countries they would shoot the person who would even THINK about making such commercials.

Good old America....land of the fat and the greed.

Anything for a dollar.

Send the men off to war to die and repay them by portraying them as idiots in commercials.

But you're a man so you should just ACCEPT IT.

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x64cy3Bcr98

StressMonkey
04-24-2014, 08:03 AM
You really need a DVR.

so-tex
04-24-2014, 08:04 AM
Cool story bro.

UnaChispita
04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
Wow.

I appreciate men who are manly.

...but apparently I must be ugly if I think so.

Phattso
04-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Wow.

I appreciate men who are manly.

Thanks, Oonie.

OP, you need to calm down.

UnaChispita
04-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Thanks, Oonie.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1230669/how-you-doin-o.gif

:D

theKurp
04-24-2014, 08:36 AM
I personally think that ALL corporations are now featuring misandry in their commercials.

The only thing that surprises me about it is that I hardly hear a whimper from men.

Probably because most men are so secure in who they are that they don't give a fvk about how they're portrayed in commercials.

SP1966
04-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Apparently a single f'ck was given. How does it feel to be unique OP?

crupiea
04-24-2014, 09:45 AM
I agree with op.

Men are portrayed as idiots so often that its just common knowledge in commercials and on tv shows. Never challenged.

There is a thriving manosphere though so dont be too disheartened op. I love this particular site.

http://www.returnofkings.com/

Espi1971
04-24-2014, 09:56 AM
I agree with op.

Men are portrayed as idiots so often that its just common knowledge in commercials and on tv shows. Never challenged.

There is a thriving manosphere though so dont be too disheartened op. I love this particular site.

I appreciate the response and it's good to know that at least one other guy feels the same way. It does bother me that when a guy challenges or complains, he's labeled as "insecure", or a "womanhater." etc. What really surprises me is the opposition from guys--I can understand women resisting, etc., and even a difference in opinion from other dudes. Corporations pay millions to air TV ads because they know how powerful and influential they can be, yet the consensus seems to be, "No big deal; just accept it; be a man. Don't hate. Be secure." .

Just imagine if the roles were reversed in these ads--imagine a white guy who hands a dirty plate to a black female Maytag repairwoman crouched beneath the kitchen counter--and licks the scraps from the white guy's plate...can you imagine the controversy? Maytag would pull that ad in a freaking second.

UnaChispita
04-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I appreciate the response and it's good to know that at least one other guy feels the same way. It does bothers me that when a guy challenges or complains, he's labeled as "insecure", etc. What really surprises me is the opposition from guys--I can understand women resisting, etc., and even a difference in opinion from other dudes, but in my mind, what guy would be OK with such commercials?

I don't think ppl were disagreeing with you, necessarily.

I just think you made a bunch of blanket statements (about women for one) that made me take the post less seriously.

SP1966
04-24-2014, 10:06 AM
I agree with op.

Damn it Crup, how many times we gotta tell ya no He Man Women Haters Club recruiting allowed!

Phattso
04-24-2014, 10:11 AM
Are there really such weak people to actually believe that society is influenced by TV commercials?

sy2502
04-24-2014, 11:17 AM
the female mentality of acceptance

You aren't very familiar with women, are you?

AspieBrah
04-24-2014, 11:24 AM
I dont give the slightest **** if misandry exists in commercials because im comfortable with my manhood. You probably laugh at women who get offended by misogyny yet here you are crying about being persecuted.

I have no issue with misandry as long as feminists don't get butt hurt about misogyny.

V-240
04-25-2014, 12:11 AM
Geez, eat a Snickers, Betty White.

GuyJin
04-25-2014, 01:13 AM
Damn it Crup, how many times we gotta tell ya no He Man Women Haters Club recruiting allowed!

---

Am I the only one here who caught the Calvin and Hobbes reference?

Apparently so...

:)

Iceman1800
04-25-2014, 04:37 AM
---

Am I the only one here who caught the Calvin and Hobbes reference?

Apparently so...

:)not Little Rascals?

GuyJin
04-25-2014, 05:29 AM
not Little Rascals?
---

It...is possible that I am in error.

Someone, please advice me....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......................////////////////////

beachguy498
04-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Are there really such weak people to actually believe that society is influenced by TV commercials?

TV is valium for the masses. I believe that people are heavily influenced by commercials. And who are the commercials aimed at? Women. You think any man would buy a product that is shown to represent him in a poor light?

The last one I saw was for a husband who bought a brand-x dishwasher detergent and he gets reamed out for it. And a 3rd-party guardian angel pops out of the woodwork to save him with what he should have bought in the 1st place. This supports the commercial's argument that men are too dumb to know what to buy. At least the wife should have handed him a list that specifically said buy Cascade, then he'd have no excuse.

Rob

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 06:34 AM
wBIC8JTQMMQ

mcbourque
04-25-2014, 06:49 AM
---

It...is possible that I am in error.

Someone, please advice me....,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.......................////////////////////

I haz female. I haz in acceptance of your error.

GuyJin
04-25-2014, 06:54 AM
I wuz wrong, I haz a sad.

I thank thee, eomrat, and MC, for pointing out the error of my ways and I shall strictly observe a policy of checking my fakts and speling before posting information that might damage this great nation's security.

Espi1971
04-25-2014, 08:00 AM
TV is valium for the masses. I believe that people are heavily influenced by commercials. And who are the commercials aimed at? Women. You think any man would buy a product that is shown to represent him in a poor light?

The last one I saw was for a husband who bought a brand-x dishwasher detergent and he gets reamed out for it. And a 3rd-party guardian angel pops out of the woodwork to save him with what he should have bought in the 1st place. This supports the commercial's argument that men are too dumb to know what to buy. At least the wife should have handed him a list that specifically said buy Cascade, then he'd have no excuse.

Rob

Yeah I personally find it very hard to believe that anybody would actually argue that media advertising doesn't influence a person's thoughts and actions. There's a reason companies spend millions and millions of dollars on ads every year!

This webpage that I'm typing from now has THREE ads--top; middle; and bottom.

The small-mindedness and lack of vision in some of the replies is astounding to me. A true revelation of ignorance of what is happening in our society.

That which is portrayed in the media is precisely the very thing that is brainwashing both men and women and perpetuating women's lack of accountability and lack of respect for men. It is also the very thing that is perpetuating men's lack of respect for themselves.

I encourage all men who read this to become proactively involved in being a part of the solution. Don't let society, your feminized education, the media, and women steamroll over you.

Women have a herd mentality and will absorb and integrate whatever they see in the media. They take 100% of their social cues from the media and from other women.

The media is 100% "true" to them. I personally believe that they do not (cannot?) differentiate between reality and that which is fed to their emotional psyches.

It's probably men's weakness and fear of banishment from the pvssy that has caused all this. We need men with some SPINE to stand up to companies that perpetuate attitudes that put us down. If enough men stand up, they WILL listen, because they will perceive it affecting their bottom line.

theKurp
04-25-2014, 08:12 AM
Yeah I personally find it very hard to believe that anybody would actually argue that media advertising influences a person's thoughts and actions. There's a reason companies spend millions and millions of dollars on ads every year!

Well I certainly won't argue that media advertising hasn't influenced your thoughts and actions.

This webpage that I'm typing from now has THREE ads--one at the top; middle; and bottom.

In all honesty, I hadn't noticed. What is being advertised?

The small-mindedness and lack of vision in some of the replies is astounding to me. A true revelation of ignorance of what is happening in our society.

What astounds me is that people even watch commercials - let alone allow themselves to react to them. The news media and advertising media is out to do one thing, pull your strings. If you allow yourself to be a puppet, that's on you. Chastising people who are intelligent enough to rise above the manipulative attempts of media doesn't really reflect well on you.

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 08:19 AM
That which is portrayed in the media is precisely the very thing that is brainwashing both men and women and perpetuating women's lack of accountability and lack of respect for men. It is also the very thing that is perpetuating men's lack of respect for themselves.

Women have a herd mentality and will absorb and integrate whatever they see in the media. They take 100% of their social cues from the media and from other women.

The media is 100% "true" to them. I personally believe that they do not (cannot?) differentiate between reality and that which is fed to their emotional psyches.

Wow...and just when I think OP can't get any more ignorant or offensive, he proves me wrong.

mcbourque
04-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Wow...and just when I think OP can't get any more ignorant or offensive, he proves me wrong.

That's hate speech above. Nothing less.

OP if you want respect, start by respecting others.

whatevergirl
04-25-2014, 08:23 AM
OP, not all women have a "herd mentality." Not all women think alike. I get your frustration with the commercials, I think that taking pot shots at men's intelligence as a form of entertainment, was never the original intent of the feminist movement. But, just like you are not responsible for the female oppression women historically suffered, many women today, don't support these types of ads and images of men being illustrated as inferior to women.

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 08:35 AM

^^^So much this.

I just can't help but feel sorry for his poor wife.

OP, not all women have a "herd mentality." Not all women think alike. I get your frustration with the commercials, I think that taking pot shots at men's intelligence as a form of entertainment, was never the original intent of the feminist movement. But, just like you are not responsible for the female oppression women historically suffered, many women today, don't support these types of ads and images of men being illustrated as inferior to women.

Hey WEG!
Hope you're doing well. :)

so-tex
04-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Wow...and just when I think OP can't get any more ignorant or offensive, he proves me wrong.The OP is an idiot. Kurp pretty much nailed it with his response.

whatevergirl
04-25-2014, 08:55 AM
^^^So much this.

I just can't help but feel sorry for his poor wife.

Hey WEG!
Hope you're doing well. :)

Hello! I'm doing great, until...I read this thread, and now my day is ruined. :(
lol joking! :p

Hope you are well!

mtdman
04-25-2014, 08:57 AM
Probably because most men are so secure in who they are that they don't give a fvk about how they're portrayed in commercials.

This. I don't give a sh!t what a commercial says about men.

Frnkd
04-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Ever watch Nickolodeon shows? I would watch it with my son when he was young and OP the way you feel about men in commercials I would feel about how parents or fathers were portrayed. Like idiots.

With regards to commercials, I just laugh at the humor and creativity, it's like a male comic who makes fun of women and their reaction to a situation only these commercials are portraying this reactions visually. I would guess most of these commercials are thought of by men anyway. LOL. :)

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 10:14 AM
Ever watch Nickolodeon shows? I would watch it with my son when he was young and OP the way you feel about men in commercials I would feel about how parents or fathers were portrayed. Like idiots.

I completely agree with you. Used to watch with my sis' kids. The parents were portrayed as idiots and the kids on the show were always sassy, mouthy brats.

MiklaDfar
04-25-2014, 10:27 AM
"Good old America....land of the fat and the greed."

You have options... Afghanistan comes to mind...

Espi1971
04-25-2014, 10:32 AM

With regards to commercials, I just laugh at the humor and creativity, it's like a male comic who makes fun of women and their reaction to a situation only these commercials are portraying this reactions visually. I would guess most of these commercials are thought of by men anyway. LOL. :)

Thanks for relating that and I do agree--Nickelodeon appeals to kids so of course they're going to make the kids look cool and the parents...not so cool. I can understand why the execs at Nick would do that. It actually makes sense to me.

You know those anti-tobacco ads that you see today? A college professor told me that the ad execs purposely wanted the parents to HATE those ads. The rationale being, they wanted to appeal only to kids--and if kids see their parents hating on the ads, then the kids will pay more attention to them. I believe he's right. Alienate one particular demographic or sex or genre so as to win the target audience.

It's probably the same thing that's happening in commercials with men and women now--make the woman look smart and assertive and in control, and she'll buy that brand of dishwash detergent or car insurance or whatever. But the common denominator that I'm seeing is that the men are being portrayed as lazy stupid fat jolly clueless types. NEVER in control or strong or favorably typecasted.

Not sure if I agree that (straight white) males are actually manufacturing the sexist commercials. The bottom line is PROFIT--if it makes the white man richer, then he'll sign off on it. Nothing else matters more. If I had to bet, I would say that gay males and lesser-attractive (physically) women get together for brainstorming sessions and come up with the ads. I have read that the founder of Progressive Insurance (Peter Lewis) was extremely pro-gay (not clear to me if he was gay himself), and in my mind, that company is one of the worst when it comes to portraying men stupidly. You have a mediocre and dorky-looking woman (so that other women watching the commercials won't feel threatened or jealous) who seems to be loved by everybody, and the couples in those commercials ALWAYS portray a strong & loud take-charge kind of women with a meeky bi-sexualish quiet-looking husband lurking in the background.

Whoever 's making these ads, they've figured out that women are now making the buying decisions, so these companies will do whatever it takes to make women feel special and in control--even if means marginalizing men in the process.

Phattso
04-25-2014, 10:36 AM

Probably right. But, I never notice that a commercial may show males in a bad light. I just see it as tongue and cheek and pay no mind. Commercials do not influence me. If I need a product and it is quality and what I need, I buy it.

so-tex
04-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Stopped reading when the OP said he actually listened to a
College professor.

Frnkd
04-25-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks for relating that and I do agree--Nickelodeon appeals to kids so of course they're going to make the kids look cool and the parents...not so cool. I can understand why the execs at Nick would do that. It actually makes sense to me.

You know those anti-tobacco ads that you see today? A college professor told me that the ad execs purposely wanted the parents to HATE those ads. The rationale being, they wanted to appeal only to kids--and if kids see their parents hating on the ads, then the kids will pay more attention to them. I believe he's right. Alienate one particular demographic or sex or genre so as to win the target audience.

It's probably the same thing that's happening in commercials with men and women now--make the woman look smart and assertive and in control, and she'll buy that brand of dishwash detergent or car insurance or whatever. But the common denominator that I'm seeing is that the men are being portrayed as lazy stupid fat jolly clueless types. NEVER in control or strong or favorably typecasted.

Not sure if I agree that (straight white) males are actually manufacturing the sexist commercials. The bottom line is PROFIT--if it makes the white man richer, then he'll sign off on it. Nothing else matters more. If I had to bet, I would say that gay males and lesser-attractive (physically) women get together for brainstorming sessions and come up with the ads. I have read that the founder of Progressive Insurance (Peter Lewis) was extremely pro-gay (not clear to me if he was gay himself), and in my mind, that company is one of the worst when it comes to portraying men stupidly. You have a mediocre and dorky-looking woman (so that other women watching the commercials won't feel threatened or jealous) who seems to be loved by everybody, and the couples in those commercials ALWAYS portray a strong & loud take-charge kind of women with a meeky bi-sexualish quiet-looking husband lurking in the background.

Whoever 's making these ads, they've figured out that women are now making the buying decisions, so these companies will do whatever it takes to make women feel special and in control--even if means marginalizing men in the process.

hmmmmmm....
I suspect there are more issues that are starting to show itself.

:eek:

I would say that profit is always a motive. Consumers always have a choice, commercials are corporate nudges to buy their products, lets say.

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 11:55 AM
You have a mediocre and dorky-looking woman (so that other women watching the commercials won't feel threatened or jealous) who seems to be loved by everybody, and the couples in those commercials ALWAYS portray a strong & loud take-charge kind of women with a meeky bi-sexualish quiet-looking husband lurking in the background.

http://www.vicsocotra.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/050412-c.jpg

So...using your argument, I should be irate because Flo is portrayed as a "dorky, mediocre" woman, right? I should be incensed at the ridiculous portrayal of women. :rolleyes:

...and what does a "bisexualish" person look like?

Oh wait, you probably won't answer me, since you haven't responded to any of the women in this thread--only another example of your lack of respect for women.

sy2502
04-25-2014, 12:37 PM
OMG gays and women are taking over the world!!!

Why you so scared OP? Aren't you a big bad male? Why you acting scared like a girl?

PS: I am a girl and I am not scared. Chew on that OP.

Frnkd
04-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Ohh ohh the claws are coming out.

:eek: :D

MississippiSlim
04-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Simple Solution..Don't give money companies you disagree with or Don't watch tv. AND...be the type man you think should be represented. on a related note, I have seen life imitate art (ok not really art) in that since the proliferation of "reality" shows that people have started acting like the dumbasses on the shows. The deal with keeping "drama" going has increased in the folks I am around who watch this crap. The whole being a "bitch" is badass stuff. In the words of John Prine "blow up your TV"...

Flounderbout
04-25-2014, 02:35 PM

Opie you really really need to get over that terrible divorce or whatever the hell it is that has turned you into such a boiling mass of weird issues with your sexuality and womankind.

TheIronMaster
04-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Heck I had to look up Misandry and see what it means lol. No the adds do not bother me.

Espi1971
04-25-2014, 03:11 PM
Heck I had to look up Misandry and see what it means lol. No the adds do not bother me.

I didn't know what it meant either; I figured since there's "misogyny", then there must be a similar definition for the dislike of men.

Doesn't surprise me a bit that most people seem to know what "misogynist" means, but hardly anyone knows what "misandry" means.

Espi1971
04-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Simple Solution..Don't give money companies you disagree with or Don't watch tv. AND...be the type man you think should be represented. on a related note, I have seen life imitate art (ok not really art) in that since the proliferation of "reality" shows that people have started acting like the dumbasses on the shows. The deal with keeping "drama" going has increased in the folks I am around who watch this crap. The whole being a "bitch" is badass stuff. In the words of John Prine "blow up your TV"...

I won't argue there...everybody has a choice. I actually don't watch much TV but I'll admit my wife has me addicted to American Idol right now.

And yes definitely art imitating life and vice versa. No doubt in my mind. In my mind it all goes back to the influence of commercials.

so-tex
04-25-2014, 03:25 PM
I won't argue there...everybody has a choice. I actually don't watch much TV but I'll admit my wife has me addicted to American Idol right now.

And yes definitely art imitating life and vice versa. No doubt in my mind. In my mind it all goes back to the influence of commercials.It's time you come clean with your wife and tell her you want some n00kie. You can thank me later.

sy2502
04-25-2014, 03:33 PM
the female mentality of acceptance

women's lack of accountability

men are being portrayed as ... NEVER in control

my wife has me addicted to American Idol right now.

Oh the irony...

GuyJin
04-25-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh the stupidity...

---

Fixed it for ya.

frozensparky
04-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Oh wait, you probably won't answer me, since you haven't responded to any of the women in this thread--only another example of your lack of respect for women.

Quoted just in case OP has every female on ignore.

Brackneyc
04-25-2014, 04:38 PM
Doesn't surprise me a bit that most people seem to know what "misogynist" means, but hardly anyone knows what "misandry" means.

Because men do not care who hates them, or what fancy terms they create to make it sound cool.

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 05:01 PM
Quoted just in case OP has every female on ignore.

LOL.

Methinks OP isn't manly enough to address me or Sy.

Oh the irony...

Nice!
On r/c.

Opie you really really need to get over that terrible divorce or whatever the hell it is that has turned you into such a boiling mass of weird issues with your sexuality and womankind.

Best post of the day!

mcbourque
04-25-2014, 05:03 PM
http://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-0/1969417_10203535873860438_4566449657819759973_n.jp g

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 05:15 PM
http://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-0/1969417_10203535873860438_4566449657819759973_n.jp g

Lol'ing.

Oooh...I feel a little Una Mischief coming on....I'm trying to be a nicer person, but the urge to post a number of items to piss off the OP is soooooo tempting.

sy2502
04-25-2014, 05:54 PM
LOL.

Methinks OP isn't manly enough to address me or Sy.
He's so manly he's scared of us.

Good, he should be!

UnaChispita
04-25-2014, 06:33 PM
He's so manly he's scared of us.

Good, he should be!

LOL
Does this mean OP must relinquish his man card??

GuyJin
04-25-2014, 06:36 PM
LOL
Does this mean OP must relinquish his man card??

---ME. He probably never had one...or his wife took it from him.:D

Is it like losing your license?

Only worse?
--ME. Real men drive. You can figure out the rest.

Because now he isn't without wheels, he's without ballz?

--ME. Society has emasculated him and snipped off his manhood or so he believes.

---

See above, oonie. OP'd probably answer you, but Amurican Idolatry is on and you know he can't miss that show...

;)

Fishman15
04-26-2014, 11:43 AM
OP brought up some good points but then went full potato and jumped the shark...

Dr.Griefo
04-26-2014, 12:26 PM
Woman have been negatively portrayed in ads for years. A few guys being portrayed bad rustles your jimmies?

Here you go OP....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5OpChJr8Y-Y/UKIcrOZNEdI/AAAAAAAAAdo/e2YBA4WTktk/s1600/lino.jpg

Desparado
04-26-2014, 01:06 PM

I encourage all men who read this to become proactively involved in being a part of the solution. Don't let society, your feminized education, the media, and women steamroll over you.

It's probably men's weakness and fear of banishment from the pvssy that has caused all this. We need men with some SPINE to stand up to companies that perpetuate attitudes that put us down. If enough men stand up, they WILL listen, because they will perceive it affecting their bottom line.

"....what you've just (written) is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever (read). At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having (read) it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Edited to fit OP's thread.

Nikonguy
04-26-2014, 01:49 PM
---

See above, oonie. OP'd probably answer you, but Amurican Idolatry is on and you know he can't miss that show...

;)

OP just watches because somebody has to fetch the beers for his wife.

so-tex
04-26-2014, 01:55 PM
OP just watches because somebody has to fetch the beers for his wife.That's funny. :)

UpperNorthside
04-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Ted Cruz should be in jail.

Espi1971
04-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Woman have been negatively portrayed in ads for years. A few guys being portrayed bad rustles your jimmies?

Here you go OP....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5OpChJr8Y-Y/UKIcrOZNEdI/AAAAAAAAAdo/e2YBA4WTktk/s1600/lino.jpg

Ha! Nice one Sir. Got a good laugh out of that one.

IMO there's more than a few guys being portrayed but I get your point.

IMO today's ads are all about guys=stupid and girls=in control/boss. 9 out of 10 anyway.

Espi1971
04-27-2014, 06:48 AM

Another thought on this--if you would have posted up an image featuring a photo of a guy with a caption beneath about women being easy lays, there would probably be outrage. Remarks about "Male chauvinist pig" and "insecure angry man" would probably get posted up.

Notice there hasn't been a single negative remark about the image you posted up. From the women or the men.

When a woman talks about how easy it is to sexually manipulate men, it's funny.

If a man jokes about how easy it is to lay women, he's a male chauvinist pig who disrespects women.

Espi1971
04-27-2014, 06:54 AM

If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race, you are a male chauvinist pig; if you stay home and do the housework, you're a pansy.

If you work too hard, there is never time for her; if you donít work enough, youíre a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring, repetitive job with low pay, itís exploitation; if you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your rear and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her, itís favoritism; if she gets a job ahead of you, itís equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks, itís sexual harassment. If you keep quiet, itís male indifference.

If you cry, youíre a wimp; if you donít, youíre insensitive.

If you make a decision without consulting her, youíre a chauvinist. If she makes a decision without consulting you, sheís a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesnít enjoy, thatís domination. If she asks you, itís a favor.

If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear, you are a pervert. If you donít, you are gay.

If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape, you are sexist. If you donít, you are unromantic.

If you try to keep yourself in shape, you are vain. If you donít, you are a slob.

If you buy her flowers, you are after something. If you donít, you are not thoughtful.

If youíre proud of your achievements, you are full of yourself. If youíre not, you have no ambition.

If she has a headache, she is tired; if you have a headache, you are gay.

If you want it too often, you are oversexed. If you donít, youíre gay.

--Gene Simmons
Sex, Money, Kiss

Brackneyc
04-27-2014, 07:08 AM
If you put a woman on a pedestal and try to protect her from the rat race, you are a male chauvinist pig; if you stay home and do the housework, you're a pansy.

If you work too hard, there is never time for her; if you donít work enough, youíre a good-for-nothing bum.

If she has a boring, repetitive job with low pay, itís exploitation; if you have a boring repetitive job with low pay, you should get off your rear and find something better.

If you get a promotion ahead of her, itís favoritism; if she gets a job ahead of you, itís equal opportunity.

If you mention how nice she looks, itís sexual harassment. If you keep quiet, itís male indifference.

If you cry, youíre a wimp; if you donít, youíre insensitive.

If you make a decision without consulting her, youíre a chauvinist. If she makes a decision without consulting you, sheís a liberated woman.

If you ask her to do something she doesnít enjoy, thatís domination. If she asks you, itís a favor.

If you appreciate the female form and frilly underwear, you are a pervert. If you donít, you are gay.

If you like a woman to shave her legs and keep in shape, you are sexist. If you donít, you are unromantic.

If you try to keep yourself in shape, you are vain. If you donít, you are a slob.

If you buy her flowers, you are after something. If you donít, you are not thoughtful.

If youíre proud of your achievements, you are full of yourself. If youíre not, you have no ambition.

If she has a headache, she is tired; if you have a headache, you are gay.

If you want it too often, you are oversexed. If you donít, youíre gay.

--Gene Simmons
Sex, Money, Kiss

OP, what others think of you is none of your business.

SteveWright1
04-27-2014, 08:20 AM
I thought about this for a while
and then I remembered

I don't care

mcbourque
04-27-2014, 08:25 AM
So, if I get this correctly OP, your solution to address the disrespect of men in some commercials is to in turn insult and disrespect women to prove your point?

That's very mature... :confused:

eomrat
04-27-2014, 09:11 AM
Hardly anybody likes or has an appreciation for a straight, outspoken man--especially gays and non-attractive women.

My wife appreciates me. I am sure that the vast majority of the wives of men on this site appreciate them. Are we all reticent homosexuals?

"I wish they would air ONE fvucking commercial this year in which the woman is portrayed as the fvucking idiot. Just ONE."

You wouldn't be happy with commercials where no one is portrayed negatively? Why is it important to you that women be portrayed as idiots?

In some countries they would shoot the person who would even THINK about making such commercials.

Seems like you would be happy to live in a country where we don't shoot people for making commercials.

If you don't like America why don't you GTFO?

www.delta.com

Delta is ready when you are

Send the men off to war to die and repay them by portraying them as idiots in commercials.

You should be ashamed of yourself for spewing this filth. Thousands and thousands of women have served our country in combat and many of them have given up their lives. Your suggestion that only men serve is not only fantastically stupid, it is also horribly disrespectful to the families who have lost their daughters, wives, mothers, and sisters in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, my neighbor is on her fourth combat tour. How much combat time do you have????

UnaChispita
04-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Here to you OP-

Just so you don't feel left out. Advertisers still manage to make women look stupid and inept too!

Luckily Google has simplified email so I won't miss my knitting class or shopping opportunities-
CFf7dlewJus

Oh and here is a lovely commercial that implies women are superficial enough to judge a man only by the job he keeps.

QGoU3VH7He4#t=10

Hilarious! :rolleyes:

But you know what is the most hilarious?

The fact that you are crying about how much men are stereotyped on TV, yet you seem to believe EVERY stereotype about women.

CyberneticDude
04-27-2014, 10:21 AM
That's hate speech above. Nothing less.

Tell that to feminists.

Brackneyc
04-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Oh and here is a lovely commercial that implies women are superficial enough to judge a man only by the job he keeps.

Hell, I judge a man by his job too. J/K. :D I don't care how a guy pays his bills.

mcbourque
04-27-2014, 11:28 AM
Tell that to feminists.

So because some women engage in hate speech, it's appropriate for you to also engage in hate speech to attack all women.

I wonder what your own mother, grand-mothers, sisters, and daughters think of this.

Brackneyc
04-27-2014, 11:31 AM
So because some women engage in hate speech, it's appropriate for you to also engage in hate speech to attack all women.

I wonder what your own mother, grand-mothers, sisters, and daughters think of this.

They would not dare to say any of this to him. I mean, they know their place, right?

GuyJin
04-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Tell that to feminists.
--

Congrats. You just done won the Dumbest Post of the Day award. 'Grats...or something.

Matahu
04-28-2014, 04:20 AM
OP you should be posting in the regular misc, as most of the people in here clearly don't see the state of Western culture in regards to the psychology of advertising and marketing and it's destructive influence. Or they just don't care and would rather bounce woeful jokes off each other to amuse themselves while making light of the topic. "Hurr durr....i don't even notice the ad's they don't influence me!!" Meanwhile they wonder why their wives are losing interest in them and filing for divorce because of the abundant 'power to the pussy' marketing campaigns catering to their emotional whims. Pounding into them that 'they deserve better', and 'you're worth it!' Doesn't take much to see the as OP keeps pointing out, if ANY of this was reversed there would be outrage. Keep telling yourselves that it has no power, and that it doesn't influence people.

Dude was just looking for feedback on this topic, but you all tried to pile-on and shrug off the subject. Reading through the thread just looked like a sad bunch of neutered nancy's.

SteveWright1
04-28-2014, 04:29 AM
and here was me thinking that my 1st wife left me because I was a selfish SOB with anger management issues

yet in reality it was simply because she was expossed to the subliminal messages from TV adverts

I feel so much better now I know the real reason she lost interest

Brackneyc
04-28-2014, 04:32 AM
OP you should be posting in the regular misc, as most of the people in here clearly don't see the state of Western culture in regards to the psychology of advertising and marketing and it's destructive influence. Or they just don't care and would rather bounce woeful jokes off each other to amuse themselves while making light of the topic. "Hurr durr....i don't even notice the ad's they don't influence me!!" Meanwhile they wonder why their wives are losing interest in them and filing for divorce because of the abundant 'power to the pussy' marketing campaigns catering to their emotional whims. Pounding into them that 'they deserve better', and 'you're worth it!' Doesn't take much to see the as OP keeps pointing out, if ANY of this was reversed there would be outrage. Keep telling yourselves that it has no power, and that it doesn't influence people.

Dude was just looking for feedback on this topic, but you all tried to pile-on and shrug off the subject. Reading through the thread just looked like a sad bunch of neutered nancy's.

He got his feedback. Sorry for him that he didn't get the band wagoners he was hoping for.

It's TV ffs, it's not real.

I can see however how the insecure among us could become concerned about the eventual takeover by the girls.

Espi1971
04-28-2014, 07:24 AM

Wow I appreciate that--one of a few on this thread who goes against the grain and speaks his mind without regard for approval. Kudos to you.

This thread has really raised my consciousness. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me (especially women) and that's OK, but most of the condescending and arrogant remarks are coming from the guys--and that surprises me. I personally think that a lot of guys don't really feel the same way that they speak. Maybe they're just not willing to think and speak for themselves--for many people it's easier to join the group and think and speak in group terms rather than in individual terms. And that's pretty common everywhere I go, whether it's the Internet or on the job or wherever.

But it bothers me that too many guys are allowing themselves to go along with the game and be PROGRAMMED. They seem destined to carry this cavalier attitude throughout their whole lives, defending women at whatever cost, but even more importantly, never speaking what's really on their mind.

All this thread has done for me is to make sure that I'm being especially vigilant lately in checking ANY female(s) who try to talk down to me. I'm CONVINCED that TV ads are reflecting the state of the world right now. I think women and gay men are perpetuating these TV ads (and please--let's not act like none of us ever acts likes a racist or homophobe. None of us is perfect--black, white, gay, straight, etc. I'm white and I do tend to utter the N and F words from time to time. Everyone's had their less-than-perfect moments. Human nature IMO.)

I still maintain that guys shouldn't be afraid to COMPLAIN--you don't have to accept ANYBODY taking down to you. Check them on the spot.

frozensparky
04-28-2014, 08:08 AM
All this thread has done for me is to make sure that I'm being especially vigilant lately in checking ANY female(s) who try to talk down to me. I'm CONVINCED that TV ads are reflecting the state of the world right now. I think women and gay men are perpetuating these TV ads (and please--let's not act like none of us ever acts likes a racist or homophobe. None of us is perfect--black, white, gay, straight, etc. I'm white and I do tend to utter the N and F words from time to time. Everyone's had their less-than-perfect moments. Human nature IMO.)

So you can use bigoted terms like the N and F word but get your panties in a bunch at some stupid @ss comercials that talk down to you as a man. You are a hypocrite POS

mcbourque
04-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Wow I appreciate that--one of a few on this thread who goes against the grain and speaks his mind without regard for approval. Kudos to you.

This thread has really raised my consciousness. I didn't expect everyone to agree with me (especially women) and that's OK, but most of the condescending and arrogant remarks are coming from the guys--and that surprises me. I personally think that a lot of guys don't really feel the same way that they speak. Maybe they're just not willing to think and speak for themselves--for many people it's easier to join the group and think and speak in group terms rather than in individual terms. And that's pretty common everywhere I go, whether it's the Internet or on the job or wherever.

But it bothers me that too many guys are allowing themselves to go along with the game and be PROGRAMMED. They seem destined to carry this cavalier attitude throughout their whole lives, defending women at whatever cost, but even more importantly, never speaking what's really on their mind.

I still maintain that guys shouldn't be afraid to COMPLAIN--you don't have to accept ANYBODY taking down to you. Check them on the spot.

Oh now I get it!!!!
OP is one of those good trolls that CBB wanted more of.

Nice job OP :) ahah! really had me there for a bit -- ROFL

Flounderbout
04-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Well I suspect the troll comment is probably on the money. But just in case it's not...

So most people disagree with you solely in order to gain approval? Hmm. I really think perhaps you ought to consider the possibility that most people disagree with you because your views are utterly cretinous.

Your world is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy isn't it? The reason people of both sexes queue up to point out that your views are objectionable and cretinous is because, err, actually they agree with you, and can't admit it? :rolleyes: Again, have you ever considered the possibility that the reason people queue up to call your views objectionable and cretinous is because, err, they are?

Oh yes, all those damn men, standing up for women because err, actually they agree with you but are too, err, hang on, err, I'm getting a bit lost now.

Oh so now its not just women, but the fault of those damn gays and "N"s (nice touch that by the way - just when I was beginning to think that you were just a sad, bitter kind of guy, rather than a genuinely hateful one). Wait, didn't you forget the Zionist conspiracy in there somewhere. Oh, and the giant lizards and the Illuminati?

Newsflash. The reason that "real men" don't complain about some guys being negatively portrayed in occasional TV commercials is because THEY ARE NOT UTTERLY PATHETIC (see look - I can use nutter rant capitals too - YAY!).

Phattso
04-28-2014, 09:22 AM

He got his feedback, boy. Oh, we were all supposed to just agree with him? Most of us do not agree and that's ok. If you agree, then that's ok, too.

But, for me, to have your little baby feelings hurt about a commercial(s) that use humor, is beyond unbelievable. It's also unbelievable that the two of you believe that there is some vast conspiracy against males in advertising. I agree that the regular misc would agree with OP, since the average age is under 19 with not much living experience.

Tip: You will live a much happier life if you don't take some things so seriously. Who's the pansy? ;)

superman713
04-28-2014, 10:04 AM
Sounds like OP is a control freak and is the kind of guy that dominates his wife. Check a female? Careful... Check the wrong one and one of those pansy lady men who tent to stand up for women just may check you. Hard.

And yeah, the whole racist **** was just retarded. "whatever makes the white man money"? STFU with that bull$hit. Move on troll bate.

sy2502
04-28-2014, 11:39 AM
I personally think that a lot of guys don't really feel the same way that they speak. Maybe they're just not willing to think and speak for themselves--for many people it's easier to join the group and think and speak in group terms rather than in individual terms. And that's pretty common everywhere I go, whether it's the Internet or on the job or wherever.

Seems to me OP has as bad an opinion of guys as he does of women. And gays. And blacks. In other words, OP is a democratic, equal opportunity hater.

All this thread has done for me is to make sure that I'm being especially vigilant lately in checking ANY female(s) who try to talk down to me.
I am talking down on you bish, you vigilating yet?

Frnkd
04-28-2014, 12:16 PM
Seems to me OP has as bad an opinion of guys as he does of women. And gays. And blacks. In other words, OP is a democratic, equal opportunity hater.

facetious reference? :D

SP1966
04-28-2014, 12:33 PM

I don't think facetious means factual like you believe it does.

sy2502
04-28-2014, 12:47 PM

lol you give me too much credit... :D

latebloomingmom
04-29-2014, 09:14 AM
http://i1.cpcache.com/product/88583580/heman_woman_haters_club_button.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

4thwrong
08-19-2016, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=Espi1971;1236715483]I personally think that ALL corporations are now featuring misandry in their commercials.

I think that part of the problem is that society's PC force is preaching "acceptance" for EVERYTHING these days. Yes, sometimes it IS appropriate to accept things, but the embrace of the female mentality of acceptance seems to convey that it's best to just ride the wave and NOT challenge things or complain about them or express any unpopular opinions--ESPECIALLY when those opinions run counter to ANYTHING pertaining to "gender equality."

It's better for men to just take it lying down, and adopt the neutered dog mentality because you can't change anything anyway. So why complain about it? THIS is what more and more women actually seem to desire in men. It serves them better. Hardly anybody likes or has an appreciation for a straight, outspoken man--especially gays and non-attractive women.

I can think of very few exceptions to the commercial misandry rule; perhaps the corporations that are targeting to white upper class males--BMW comes to mind--have no financial interest in making the men look stupid--but I'm sure if I tried hard enough I could find one of their commercials that placates to women and makes the men look like buffoons.

I was watching TV last night and a Geico commercial aired, portraying a bride and groom at the alter, when suddenly the bride leaves the groom at the alter and pursues a new car instead.

I was watching this with my wife, and she knows very well how I feel about the commercials that are being aired these days. I looked at her and said, "I wish they would air ONE fvucking commercial this year in which the woman is portrayed as the fvucking idiot. Just ONE."

Of course, men can't call women "idiots" because that would be misogynistic. OK for a woman to say that about men, though.

Anything for a dollar.

But you're a man so you should just ACCEPT IT.

You would not believe what I went through to register so that I could respond. I came upon your post on this website while doing a search related to misandry. I was surprised to see the word in use outside of a sociological study or some such, because it is not well known. (Has it been used on television of late? I do not have television reception). In any event, and with my age and experience, what you see in these commercials is not misandry. It is but a sadistic perversion for profit. No one watching these hideous portrayals, but those profiting from them, could view them otherwise.

When I used to have television reception, I would be nauseated by them, and I am - there is no name for what I am - other than "individual" - but I suppose I would be labeled a feminist. The commercials pit men against women, with relationships being difficult enough. There is not one atom in these things that is "pc."

The reason I was searching for references to misandry, was that I am frustrated by the fact that this is the 21st century, not the '40s or '50s, and out culture continues with incessant gender role stereotyping. You know the one - can't give a truck to a girl. Which is absolutely sophomoric and idiotic. Your own wife would confirm, I think, that women are not "empowered" as those who present such words state they are. Men have not lost their power, either. But, for example, even if a woman solely starts, owns, and operates a business, once a man is in any way linked to her, the credit for the business goes to the man. Truly. I don't make things up. It is serious that there is such rabid enculturation.

From birth, girls in our culture are still getting the message that they must have a man. Boys must produce offspring. This doesn't work for any of us. The idea behind 'real' feminism, is simply - leave people alone to be who they are and to be all they can be without having this kind of crap foisted upon them. At least that's my view.

I guess I'm asking you to consider rejecting what you see on tv, and elsewhere, as complete lies...to see, if you will, pink is great for boys and men - (men look great in pink), and girls and women can have short hair if they wish, not have babies, and just be themselves. There is no way that men and women will not do better individually, and together, than if this stereotypical, but very basic and damaging garbage, is put it to rest for good. Don't buy products that support it. Don't feel attacked by the lies and the enculturated crap, tell it to buzz off. Everyone is suffering because of it.

So. Thanks for writing what you did. And may you and your wife have happy, free days. I probably won't return to the site to see if you have responded, so please do take my comment in the good spirit with which it is presented. It is the hardest thing to stand tall and often alone for what is right.

Bo_Flecks
08-19-2016, 02:27 PM
^^^^Seriously?

http://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Louis-Ck-White-man.gif