PDA

View Full Version : So my 8 y/o wanted to play baseball last night....

john-t-b
04-23-2014, 08:18 PM
Got home ealy enough and he wanted to play. It was just me and him. He's the youngest and still wants to do stuff with me.

Tossing the ball back and forth. He was catching the ball consistantly for the first time. Then he wanted to hit a little. That was fun he hit one all the way across the yard. He's getting a lot better. All smiles and running around like he was on the ballfield.

Then my turn to hit. Just bunting it so he could tag me out (last time we played he was throwing the ball at me) so getting tagged was a good change.

The ball got passed him. He picked it up and I said "safe on first."
He looked disappointed and I told him it's all part of the game. He smiled and said "I know. I just like tagging you out."
He pitched another one to me (behind my back) and I caught it.
I looked up before I threw it to him and he was staring at his hand about an inch from his face. I asked what was wrong and holding his hand up he said "what is this on my finger?"
I walked over to him to see, expecting a broken nail with a spot blood or something.

AND THEN IT HAPPENED.

My answer "Dog poop."
Then looking at the ball in my I said "Just like what is all over the ball and now my hand."
He just said "Gross!"
He looked at me and I said "I think we're done for today. Let's go get washed up."
He looked at me all upset and when I asked what's wrong he said "That's my only ball. I can't find my other one."
"Don't worry we'll get you another one."

so-tex
04-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Awesome story. Thanks for Sharing

jeffaus
04-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Treasure the memories and try to make as many of them as you can with your kids. Kudo's Op

john-t-b
04-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Thanks.
I've got stories from all three of the boys but the youngest is the comedian in the family.