PDA

View Full Version : Did you play in the last WildStar beta weekend?

dcbone30
04-23-2014, 01:33 PM
I did. Maybe I didn't play it long enough but it did nothing to keep my attention so I went back to GW2. Felt alot like Allods/WoW to me.

dcbone30
04-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Nobody?

LiftHeavy85
04-23-2014, 07:58 PM
I did. Maybe I didn't play it long enough but it did nothing to keep my attention so I went back to GW2. Felt alot like Allods/WoW to me.i got to lvl 8 and didnt feel as immersed as I thought I would be. Glad I got to play it without spending 60$

ShangTsung
04-23-2014, 08:07 PM
I was excited last year, but after two beta weekends I was bored to tears.

I've since turned my attention to ArcheAge, but I'm pretty sure it's just MMOs in general that I'm bored of.

TheBreadWinner
04-23-2014, 08:52 PM
gonna play this weekend

ScaleAndSteel
04-23-2014, 08:55 PM
I was really riding the ESO/Wildstar hype train for months and months. I am currently playing ESO and really enjoying it but ultimately I just don't have much time to really jam so there is no way I could play both.

If reviews come out strong for Wildstar I may make the switch but for now I am happy with ESO. From what I seen, Wildstar took the kids play/cartoonishness to a really stupid level. One dev video had the game makers laughing about monkeys throwing bananas at the player........

dcbone30
04-23-2014, 09:14 PM
If reviews come out strong for Wildstar I may make the switch but for now I am happy with ESO. From what I seen, Wildstar took the kids play/cartoonishness to a really stupid level. One dev video had the game makers laughing about monkeys throwing bananas at the player........

Yeah it looks pretty goofy. There's like rabbits, space gremlins and chit that make me feel like I'm playing in a sci-fi Disney cartoon. Maybe to get some parents to let their kids sub since it seems pretty tame. Not very impressed.

ajctennis
04-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I did beta a month or so ago and then just did it this week and Ive got to say its really growing on me. I tried out all the classes. The stalker is sick. Theres another beta weekend next week if anyone wants to play. I preordered the game as I was able to get a 25 percent discount from green man gaming.

If you get currency in game you can use that instead of paying a sub. The pve quests are pretty standard ( all the wildstar reviews say the game doesnt get really good until 20). Ive been pvping starting at lvl 6 and I plan to only pvp and dungeon 6-50. Was seeing if any bros want to run some low lvl pvp and just dominate some scrubs.

We got a TS and a vent we can use. If you arent sold, try out the beta next weekend and we can pvp. The first pvp map available is capture the flag Wataliki Temple.

sambris24
04-27-2014, 10:39 PM
I would have if I could've got past the loading screen...

jasonjb
04-27-2014, 10:44 PM
i would if i could get a beta key, looks kind of interesting

lotusfreek
04-27-2014, 10:47 PM
I did. Maybe I didn't play it long enough but it did nothing to keep my attention so I went back to GW2. Felt alot like Allods/WoW to me.

Exactly what I thought. Just couldn't get into it at all.

ajctennis
04-27-2014, 10:56 PM
Agreed. I played the last week and the intro quests suck. Really boring. You just got to get to 6 you can pvp. Gets a lot better.

GaDoomZ
04-28-2014, 07:46 AM
I've played it the past few beta weekends, the game is pretty fun and takes an interesting take on things. They did the goofy thing because it wasn't meant to be super serious with the dialogue, but they got the content down. The game has definitely grown on me and It's quite refreshing IMO

joedirt87
04-28-2014, 10:12 AM
Played a little this past weekend, mainly just to log in for those reward boxes and try the stalker for a bit. Bought the game with that 20% off promo code, so now just playing the beta to try out all the classes for a bit. It's suppose to go into open beta at some point in May.