PDA

View Full Version : Fats for Satiety

servonlewis
04-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Hey guys,

Please tell me your favorite sources of fats while on a reckless cut? Preferably one that goes well with a meat, such as tilapia. Give me some fun ones, I have quite a calorie allowance for it.

soccerzion
04-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Avocado isn't terrible with fish, could also just cook with olive oil to add a bit more.

TheLongRun
04-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Fats definitely have a sweet spot when it comes to satiety. Too much and you can easily overdo the kcals, too little and you'll be ravenous all the time. With that said, I'd avoid adding oils and go with fattier meat, eggs, etc. That'll give you the most bang for your buck.
Maybe moderate amounts of peanut/almond butter. The fiber helps with satiety too.

servonlewis
04-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Fats definitely have a sweet spot when it comes to satiety. Too much and you can easily overdo the kcals, too little and you'll be ravenous all the time. With that said, I'd avoid adding oils and go with fattier meat, eggs, etc. That'll give you the most bang for your buck.
Maybe moderate amounts of peanut/almond butter. The fiber helps with satiety too.

Word, I dont want to go hard on oil since it doesn't really do anything for my actually chewing on food, but I probably didn't explain it right.

Lets say i took one meal, of fried tilapia, and something to go with it, for some reason all i can think of is peanuts haha. hmm any more ideas? i wish i liked avocado.

servonlewis
04-23-2014, 10:40 AM

Word, something like a fatty fish would do me some justice actually, it's protein and fat which is perfect :D

TheLongRun
04-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Word, I dont want to go hard on oil since it doesn't really do anything for my actually chewing on food, but I probably didn't explain it right.

Lets say i took one meal, of fried tilapia, and something to go with it, for some reason all i can think of is peanuts haha. hmm any more ideas? i wish i liked avocado.
Okay let's see. I like using sour cream on things. If you can tolerate dairy, try like me and mix it with tuna or dollop on your chicken/fish. Full fat cottage cheese rocks too- the taste is WAY better than 0%/1%.
Olives are good too. Definitely a satiating fat source that goes with most anything.

VmissileX
04-23-2014, 10:45 AM
A shot of olive oil.

You think its disgusting?

Won't know until you try it.
One shot will probably get all your mono/poly and keeps you pretty satiated.

Plus its quite tasty

servonlewis
04-23-2014, 10:59 AM
Okay let's see. I like using sour cream on things. If you can tolerate dairy, try like me and mix it with tuna or dollop on your chicken/fish. Full fat cottage cheese rocks too- the taste is WAY better than 0%/1%.
Olives are good too. Definitely a satiating fat source that goes with most anything.

omg i love Sour cream, can prob make it into a gyro! yesss, longrun, you da man.

A shot of olive oil.

You think its disgusting?

Won't know until you try it.
One shot will probably get all your mono/poly and keeps you pretty satiated.

Plus its quite tasty

lol wtf! i may try it one day if you serious but not right now haha

VmissileX
04-23-2014, 11:05 AM
lol wtf! i may try it one day if you serious but not right now haha

I've been taking shots/spoonfuls of olive oil regardless of bulking or cutting for quite some time. I enjoy the taste...some say they do not.

I would recommend first taking 3 spoonfuls at a time to see if you enjoy it. Nowadays its just one shot in the morning before work.

i'm satiated for a very long time...maybe till past 3-4 P.M (i take the shot around 7 in the morning).

FarmerBrain
04-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Full fat cheese. There are soooo many different flavours out there, and they have good amount of protein!
Besides that for a snack, full fat greek yogurt/CC, or like you said nuts are good. I also love makeing massive omletts with ~6 eggs with peppers/onions&more vegetables in it, then top it with some of that cheese. Lots of fats, fiber & protein and relatively low in calories, will keep you full for quite some time.

ZRJacques
04-23-2014, 04:56 PM
Cheese, Bacon, and Mayonnaise.

Rhanor
04-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Im not sute if your doing something like keto but... when i was low carbing i would do ground beef... usually 80/20 or leaner if you want... sour cream, hot sauce and cheese in lettuce wraps... freakin amazing and would fill me up big time. Lots of fat tho...

Serpentarius
04-23-2014, 05:46 PM
caramelize garlic and onions in a small amount of olive oil, put pepperjack cheese on the stove and melt it, pour on your pasta and enjoy :)
You can do stuff like dip chicken breast strips in egg and coat them with crushed nuts and stuff too, pan fry it with a little bit of olive oil.

zakjohnson773
04-23-2014, 11:42 PM
Take control of your metabolism with this comprehensive article collection and enjoy the health and weight loss benefits today.

maXmood
04-24-2014, 01:38 AM
FULL FAT mlik.. :D

12oz in the AM and i'm feeling full till the afternoon.

KelcieLe
04-24-2014, 02:01 AM
I have fish and egg to maintain body fat.

wings_unhinged
04-24-2014, 04:17 AM
I like whipping cream, olive oil, and cheese. :D

morninglory81
04-24-2014, 04:23 AM
I like using coconut oil for frying chicken and fish. It gives a slightly sweat flavor.

illiniStrive
04-24-2014, 04:24 AM
Hey guys,

Please tell me your favorite sources of fats while on a reckless cut? Preferably one that goes well with a meat, such as tilapia. Give me some fun ones, I have quite a calorie allowance for it.

You could go with fattier meats first of all.

A fried egg on top of just about anything is good. As is butter. And cheese.

Sour cream, cream cheese, full fat dressings and sauces...

I have no clue why one would opt to take a shot of olive oil when it's ridiculously easy to use to the same amount to fatten up just about any meal.