PDA

View Full Version : OnePlus One 64gb - $349 16Gb $299

Couthos
04-23-2014, 02:03 AM
RIP in peace every other phone. Was expecting $400 for 16gb. This phone is a beast, beautiful and runs the cleanest OS, even cleaner than stock android.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl45lvqIMAAv7nt.png
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl44nhPIcAAfAiK.png
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl4v6aNIcAA5bMy.png
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl5E--bIgAAjkiC.png

more details, photos and sample camera photos on their twitter http://twitter.com/oneplus

SpliTT
04-23-2014, 02:05 AM
Okay, thread just got interesting

Pr0No0B
04-23-2014, 02:25 AM
sounds too gud to be true

LordBroski
04-23-2014, 02:41 AM
Wow. First time hearing about this phone, and my contract is coming up too. Joy.

xmikeman
04-23-2014, 03:05 AM
this wouldn't work on verizon right? i'd be ready to dump my iphone 5s for this or the find 7. if not it looks like i'll be on that poverty iphone 6 time.

LaurenceW
04-23-2014, 03:52 AM
An honest company

Edit: Will this be available in the UK?

Edit 2: How is this pricing possible?

pic.twitter.com/pPecpLOmVX

mackd
04-23-2014, 04:09 AM
Looks sick, my only reserve is the build quality and design.

Theres alot of cheaper chinese phones that offer high specs for ridiculously cheap, and there's generally a reason for it.

I bought a Huawei a few years ago, it was $200 cheaper than any other phone with similar specs, i couldn't use Navigation and have it charging at same time, would overheat and shutdown, basically couldn't do anything whilst it charged or it would overheat. Had it for two months, then when i finally dropped it once from knee height, the screen shattered and would cease to turn on. Saved up and bought a Galaxy Nexus after that and will never go back to a Huawei or anything similar.

That being said, just cause some cheap phones are **** doesn't mean all are, would love to hear that this is different and delivers what it boasts on paper.

ChicagoB5
04-23-2014, 05:50 AM
This ^,

will wait for reviews to pop up before I spend my monies.

That being said, looks pretty sick so far. Anyone find any info on the screen resolution? I looked around on the twitter but didnt see anything.

BennyJr169
04-23-2014, 06:28 AM
This ^,

will wait for reviews to pop up before I spend my monies.

That being said, looks pretty sick so far. Anyone find any info on the screen resolution? I looked around on the twitter but didnt see anything.

1920x1080 407ppi

I think this is my next phone

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 07:07 AM
Lol fuk HTC, fuk Samsung, fuk Apple, this is my next phone.

Here in Canada you have all these carriers trying to rape you with overpriced contracts and 700$ "phones" with very little options. Brb ordering this bad boy for half the price and telling my carrier to go suck a big dick, brb taking the plans i want.

MiscMathematician
04-23-2014, 07:22 AM
A honest company with obviously a intelligent marketing department.

still getting either s5 mini or iphone 6. No 5.5 inch phones for me

reyes12
04-23-2014, 07:42 AM
strong ****ing computer. 2.5ghz for a mobile processor, you fukkin wot. If this phone is as good as the specs tell me it is, I'm getting it.

And it's running cyanogen mod already? Fukkin count me in, custom ROMs here I come.

eternalone423
04-23-2014, 07:56 AM
Badass phone

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Lol at the OnePlus forums ****storm after people discovered the phone will be comparable to a note 3 but with smaller bezels for better grip. People were expecting an S5-sized phone with a 5.5inch screen, u wot m8.

At this price you can either STFU and buy it or go get buttfuked paying 700$ for a phone.

reyes12
04-23-2014, 08:09 AM
Lol at the OnePlus forums ****storm after people discovered the phone will be comparable to a note 3 but with smaller bezels for better grip. People were expecting S5-sized phone with a 5.5inch screen, u wot m8.

At this price you can either STFU and buy it or go get buttfuked paying 700$ for a phone.

This. I'll carry around a bigger phone if it has way better specs than anything out there and is way cheaper. Fuk it.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 08:19 AM
Looks sick, my only reserve is the build quality and design.

Theres alot of cheaper chinese phones that offer high specs for ridiculously cheap, and there's generally a reason for it.

I bought a Huawei a few years ago, it was $200 cheaper than any other phone with similar specs, i couldn't use Navigation and have it charging at same time, would overheat and shutdown, basically couldn't do anything whilst it charged or it would overheat. Had it for two months, then when i finally dropped it once from knee height, the screen shattered and would cease to turn on. Saved up and bought a Galaxy Nexus after that and will never go back to a Huawei or anything similar.

That being said, just cause some cheap phones are **** doesn't mean all are, would love to hear that this is different and delivers what it boasts on paper.Yeah they usualy skimp on stuff like the camera battery and run terrible software. Cyanogen software is as good as it gets, the camera has already shown to take fantastic pics. I guess my only reserve would be the battery. 3100mAh on cyanogen SHOULD get like 2 days of battery life because the OS is so clean.. if it doesn't then there might be something wrong

Lol at the OnePlus forums ****storm after people discovered the phone will be comparable to a note 3 but with smaller bezels for better grip. People were expecting S5-sized phone with a 5.5inch screen, u wot m8.

At this price you can either STFU and buy it or go get buttfuked paying 700$ for a phone.Yeah it's because OnePLus had originally said that the One was smaller than the Xperia z1(a 5 inch phone) with a 5.5 inch screen. They meant skinnier. It is skinnier than the z1 but it's a little taller.. I personally like the bezel design anyway
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl4xr_zIMAA0Izs.png

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 08:42 AM
Now the only concern is availability...Not very down to wait 2 months until ONLY the neckbeards who rided the admin's cock on forums since july can get invitations to buy the phone and the rest have to wait until late july to order it.

They spent way too much time talking chit and overhyping the phone and not enough time on preparing proper logistics....

Searching4Truth
04-23-2014, 09:07 AM
if it runs on ting then this could be my next phone.

Pyrodox11
04-23-2014, 09:12 AM
Just bought the s5. Should have waited, oh wellz

dizzin9
04-23-2014, 09:29 AM
http://i.imgur.com/I72m8hn.gif

butteredtoast
04-23-2014, 10:01 AM
If this thing runs on Verizon, I'm sold.
I don't care about the build quality. The S4 build quality is horse piss, but I've managed just fine.
One of the biggest factors is that it's running Cyanogen out of the box. Not only is Cyanogen great, but that should also be a giveaway that this phone should be unlockable for other custom roms

reyes12
04-23-2014, 10:20 AM
If this thing runs on Verizon, I'm sold.
I don't care about the build quality. The S4 build quality is horse piss, but I've managed just fine.
One of the biggest factors is that it's running Cyanogen out of the box. Not only is Cyanogen great, but that should also be a giveaway that this phone should be unlockable for other custom roms

Biggest reason why I want it. I love using custom roms and I change them out every few weeks to see which ones I like best (before my s3 LCD broke)

mistrvi
04-23-2014, 10:27 AM
good job Cyanogen. Fukc Apple, Samsung and others with their crappy overpriced phones.

NotSureIfCereal
04-23-2014, 10:45 AM
know nothing about how carriers work and sh!t, is this thing unlocked like the nexus 5?

meaning i could pop in a t mobile sim card if i wanted? or a sprint? at&t? etc

Couthos
04-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Unlocked GSM only.. No verizon brahs

Hopefully this catches on and encourages Phone manufacturers to reduce the ridiculous markup on their phones. Literally HALF the price of an s5 or HTC m8, as good or better in every single way

SightSeeker
04-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Oh great CyanogenMod.....in B4 one fix breaks 10 other things. This will be the downfall of this phone. It will always be buggy/random reboots.

MiscMathematician
04-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Unlocked GSM only.. No verizon brahs

Hopefully this catches on and encourages Phone manufacturers to reduce the ridiculous markup on their phones. Literally HALF the price of an s5 or HTC m8, as good or better in every single way

they are losing money on these after R&D, assembly, testing, marketing, packaging, shipping. Probably $250-300 in parts alone. the galaxy s5 is around $260 in parts alone, and this is with ridiculously large bulk pricing which smaller companies can't afford

Couthos
04-23-2014, 11:47 AM
they are losing money on these after R&D, assembly, testing, marketing, packaging, shipping. Probably $250-300 in parts alone. the galaxy s5 is around $260 in parts alone, and this is with ridiculously large bulk pricing which smaller companies can't affordA lot of the s5 cost is the AMOLED screen. more common LCD tech is much cheaper. The iphone cost is only $200. Also it's much cheaper to manufacture in China(iphone and Oppo/OnePlus) than Korea(Samsung). Plus they outsourced a lot of the RnD and Assembly to Oppo. Samsung dumps tons of RnD into useless gimmicks. Oppo and OnePlus keep it simple and outsource a lot of the features. (Sony Camera, JBL audio, JDI display, Cyanogen OS).. They have much less overhead than one of these large companies

They definitely SAVED in a lot of areas but i'm curious to see what corners they did cut if any. They have not mentioned a whole lot about the audio DAC, but it is JBL which is supposedly very high quality.. It's absolutely possible for HTC, Samsung, Sony and LG to make cheaper flagships(Nexus 5). They just dump so much into their proprietary hardware/features they artificially inflated this idea that a phone should cost 6-700

Kalmah6661
04-23-2014, 11:58 AM
An honest company.

Did they write "A Honest Company" on purpose? I sure hope so.

Krispy1
04-23-2014, 12:01 PM
First off good luck even getting one, with their limited supply and invite system

Second wait till people actually get a hold of them, they have great specs but oneplus is a new company there could be issues with defects.

LaurenceW
04-23-2014, 12:03 PM
An honest company.

Yep, makes them look pretty unprofessional to say the least

areyouaweir
04-23-2014, 12:06 PM
Wait so this company actually charges a reasonable amount for extra capacity as opposed to 87 times the cost like every other phone makers?

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Yep, makes them look pretty unprofessional to say the least

Their PR department is made up of chinese dudes who learned "engrish" off night classes. Lol if company can't be fuked to give us full release by june i'm simply going to look elsewhere. Ain't got no time for this retarded chit.

areyouaweir
04-23-2014, 12:27 PM
Looks very similar to the oppo find 7, although I like the oppo's design slightly better and it features ultra fast charging (0% to 75% in 30 minutes) the oppo is a good $200 more expansive.

ralphlaurenbrah
04-23-2014, 12:46 PM
An honest company.

Fukin lol. Didn't even notice but that's hilarious.

midcoastking33
04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
this might beat out nexus 6 for me

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Oh great CyanogenMod.....in B4 one fix breaks 10 other things. This will be the downfall of this phone. It will always be buggy/random reboots.

lol this

This is some random company making a new phone with a custom rom, not even the stock experience of android that Google wants us to use. This phone is gonna be a flop. I can see all the bugs and glitches with it already. In no way will this phone beat Samsung and Apple in marketshare. I'd be surprised if it even topped RIM Blackberry right now.

Sign me up for the iPhone 6 or Note 4.

lol at trusting this random no name company just because they sell phones cheap off contract. Want good expensive phones off contract? Go to eBay/craigslist.

xmikeman
04-23-2014, 01:02 PM
lol this

This is some random company making a new phone with a custom rom, not even the stock experience of android that Google wants us to use. This phone is gonna be a flop. I can see all the bugs and glitches with it already. In no way will this phone beat Samsung and Apple in marketshare. I'd be surprised if it even topped RIM Blackberry right now.

i doubt these guys are even dreaming of topping samsung or apple. they're catering to a niche market of enthusiasts who see value in a cm phone. they'd need a much better selling point than a ui and low price to capture the american market. it's ****ed how the subsidy system has made it more or less impossible to independently sell a phone for a good price.

randymiscer
04-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I just picked up the one m8 and I must say its ba compared to the iphone
There's a google phone coming out that is fully upgradable looks like puzzle peices on the back u can remove n replace

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/google-ara-new-deal/

Couthos
04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
not even the stock experience of android that Google wants us to use.

Sign me up for the Note 4.
full derp

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:09 PM
i doubt these guys are even dreaming of topping samsung or apple. they're catering to a niche market of enthusiasts who see value in a cm phone. they'd need a much better selling point than a ui and low price to capture the american market. it's ****ed how the subsidy system has made it more or less impossible to independently sell a phone for a good price.

This concept sounds exactly like what Google made the Nexus line for. For developers and guys that like to tinker/mod their phones with a cleaner experience than other UIs while cheap off contract.

The Nexus phones don't sell anywhere close to what iPhones, Galaxy S and Note phones sell.

I've had plenty of experience with custom roms in the past and such. I'll take an official OS any day over a custom rom.

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 01:10 PM
lol this

lol at trusting this random no name company just because they sell phones cheap off contract. Want good expensive phones off contract? Go to eBay/craigslist.

It's a modified version of CM AND the company isn't no-name, the CEO is OPPO's ex-CEO and most of the employees have worked in asian tech companies.

Lol enjoy your poverty contract plan and the note 4 lmao

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:12 PM
full derp

The specs on this phone are comparable to ones already out and those coming out later. It will not perform any different to current phones or ones coming out. People said the same **** about the Nexus One. And even though that was years ago, I've used a Nexus 5 and Note 3 side by side and the Note outperformed it every time even with touchwiz.

The same reason they have google edition phones even though they're expensive. Hell, if I wanted to just rom a good spec'd phone I'd get a Note and put a vanilla rom on it.

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:15 PM
It's a modified version of CM AND the company isn't no-name, the CEO is OPPO's ex-CEO and most of the employees have worked in asian tech companies.

Lol enjoy your poverty contract plan and the note 4 lmao

I'm on a shared family plan on the best network in America. And I won't have to worry about my phone fcking up and having to mail it out to this company in hopes to get a working one.

Also the Note 4 will smoke this thing. Specs aren't the end be all. Software definitely comes in to play. The iPhone doesn't have as good specs and spanks these phones in benchmark tests and performance. Only custom rom neckbeards are gonna buy this thing.

And I don't mind the contract plan I'm on because I don't intend in leaving my carrier. The service is great. Verizon Wireless master race.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 01:18 PM
The specs on this phone are comparable to ones already out and those coming out later. It will not perform any different to current phones or ones coming out. People said the same **** about the Nexus One. And even though that was years ago, I've used a Nexus 5 and Note 3 side by side and the Note outperformed it every time even with touchwiz.

The same reason they have google edition phones even though they're expensive. Hell, if I wanted to just rom a good spec'd phone I'd get a Note and put a vanilla rom on it.Has nothing to do with what i quoted. CM is as close to pure android as there is.

You talk about stock android then say you will wait for a device known for having the most bloat and the least stock android experience. You are an idiot

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Has nothing to do with what I said. CM is as close to pure android as there is.

You talk about stock android then say you will wait for a device known for having the most bloat and the least stock android experience. You are an idiot
First of all you're the idiot because you clearly can't read. I said IF I got a Note I'd just root it and put a vanilla rom on it if I wanted. Stock android on the Note 4 would fly just as it does on the Note 3 and 2.

And that's a big IF. I'm most likely getting the iPhone 6. I'm still on my 4S and I can say that iOS is easily the cleanest OS out there. I do like android too but I'm all about performance and my phone still feels more responsive than lots of phones that've come out in 2014.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 01:27 PM
First of all you're the idiot because you clearly can't read. I said IF I got a Note I'd just root it and put a vanilla rom on it if I wanted. Stock android on the Note 4 would fly just as it does on the Note 3 and 2.

And that's a big IF. I'm most likely getting the iPhone 6. I'm still on my 4S and I can say that iOS is easily the cleanest OS out there. I do like android too but I'm all about performance and my phone still feels more responsive than lots of phones that've come out in 2014.Lol dude just leave.. I don't even know why the fuk you are telling me this shet i don't care what you buy

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:36 PM
Lol dude just leave.. I don't even know why the fuk you are telling me this shet i don't care what you buy

Likewise

Also that UI looks ugly. Shoulda just left stock android's UI on that.

midcoastking33
04-23-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm on a shared family plan on the best network in America. And I won't have to worry about my phone fcking up and having to mail it out to this company in hopes to get a working one.

Also the Note 4 will smoke this thing. Specs aren't the end be all. Software definitely comes in to play. The iPhone doesn't have as good specs and spanks these phones in benchmark tests and performance. Only custom rom neckbeards are gonna buy this thing.

And I don't mind the contract plan I'm on because I don't intend in leaving my carrier. The service is great. Verizon Wireless master race.

note 4 will cost like 800 off contract, 1000+ since you're a verizon slave

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:44 PM

Why would I buy a phone off contract when I'm satisfied with the carrier I'm on and am eligible for upgrade? If I get it I'm getting it at the $300 contract price. The only point to buying a phone off contract is if you don't want to be tied down to them and have the option to leave for them for free if you want. I've had Verizon for 2 years and they've been nothing but good to me so I'm not leaving. Would never sign up with shiity ass AT&T and their crap network. VZW > TMO > Sprint > dog shiit > ATT

Also the only reason I'd use my upgrade on the Note 4 is if the iPhone 6 is a flop which I doubt it'll be.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 01:48 PM
Why would I buy a phone off contract when I'm satisfied with the carrier I'm on and am eligible for upgrade? If I get it I'm getting it at the $300 contract price. The only point to buying a phone off contract is if you don't want to be tied down to them and have the option to leave for them for free if you want. I've had Verizon for 2 years and they've been nothing but good to me so I'm not leaving. Would never sign up with shiity ass AT&T and their crap network. VZW > TMO > Sprint > dog shiit > ATT

Also the only reason I'd use my upgrade on the Note 4 is if the iPhone 6 is a flop which I doubt it'll be."1000" plus as a verizon slave. The Note 4 or any phone ON CONTRACT will cost you over $1000 over the life of the 2 year contract because that's how much more you pay for your contract plan over standalone service

You are a true sheep incapable of rational thought which is why you are in this thread talking so much nonsense.

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 01:53 PM
"1000" plus as a verizon slave. The Note 4 or any phone ON CONTRACT will cost you over $1000 over the life of the 2 year contract because that's how much more you pay for your contract plan over standalone service

You are a true sheep incapable of rational thought which is why you are in this thread talking so much nonsense.

$200 contract price for a typical smartphone on a $170/month plan with 4 smartphones with unlimited calls & texts and 6GB of data (since we only use around 4 all together). Yeah I'm fine with that. Especially since I only pay my portion of the plan.

Enjoy ur crap plans on ur crap carrier. Only GSM carrier that's good is Tmobile.

midcoastking33
04-23-2014, 02:08 PM

Also the only reason I'd use my upgrade on the Note 4 is if the iPhone 6 is a flop which I doubt it'll be.

300 which is really 1000+ over the life of a 2 year contract. ditto for iphone. no phone is worth a thousand dollars to have, sorry

Otaman
04-23-2014, 02:14 PM
don't know what to get, this or Oppo Find 7

leaning towards Find 7 because it has insanely good screen. 2k with 540 ppi, but this phone is cheaper and almost same specs

jinda628
04-23-2014, 02:15 PM

My note 3 was $600 in TMO when I got it. I dont think Note 4 will be a lot more expensive than 3; I hope. Note 3's production cost is just $13.5 more than Note 2.

Anyway, why are you phaggots fighting about this lol!? I think its nice that newer phones like this are being introduced for better competition. I just thought Nexus phones having similar price are still better choice than this for having tested manufacturers. Problem is I think I read somewhere that N5 is the last Nexus Google is releasing. Not sure though.

Well, lets just hope they do well.

F2.
04-23-2014, 02:42 PM
300 which is really 1000+ over the life of a 2 year contract. ditto for iphone. no phone is worth a thousand dollars to have, sorry

Uhhh unless I'm missing something both you guys went full retard. A phones cost is a phones cost. Unless you plan on getting rid of your cell phone service in the next 2 years the whole contract or no contract is a moot point. So, wtf is your point.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 02:48 PM
Uhhh unless I'm missing something both you guys went full retard. A phones cost is a phones cost. Unless you plan on getting rid of your cell phone service in the next 2 years the whole contract or no contract is a moot point. So, wtf is your point.Generally a contract plan costs a lot more than a month to month plan. You might be locked in paying $100 or so a month for 2 years while you could get something comparable for $50 a month off contract. The difference is 50 a month. 50*24=$1200 which is the hidden cost of these subsidized phones and long contracts

Most people are fine with getting the phone discount and being on a contract, but there is an incredible amount of people uneducated on the subject, which is exactly what the service companies want.

Carbonfibre
04-23-2014, 02:49 PM
looks damn good here.

price is absolute steal.

only problem is how to get one when you have to sign up and get picked by lucky draw to get it.

evEiekq_Di8
xW4a75x1F-0
vIUTV63TSU4

Evolutionary1
04-23-2014, 02:49 PM
that phone has better specs than the pc i'm typing this from lol. What service provider's can i use this on?

F2.
04-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Generally a contract plan costs a lot more than a month to month plan. You might be locked in paying $100 or so a month for 2 years while you could get something comparable for $50 a month off contract. The difference is 50 a month. 50*24=$1200 which is the hidden cost of these subsidized phones and long contracts

Most people are fine with getting the phone discount and being on a contract, but there is an incredible amount of people uneducated on the subject, which is exactly what the service companies want.

Lol. Yes, on the very off chance that a company would cut the price of a plan IN HALF for the same service, sure, being off contract would be worth it. That doesn't happen, and staying in contract ends up being better a far greater amount.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Lol. Yes, on the very off chance that a company would cut the price of a plan IN HALF for the same service, sure, being off contract would be worth it. That doesn't happen, and staying in contract ends up being better a far greater amount.LOL dude its not an off chance. They offer these plans, they are simply not advertised. I am paying 50/month for at off contract what I was paying 90 for on contract before.. You can get tmo for as little as 30 a month for like 6gb of LTE... They just don't advertise it and a subsidized $200 phone doesn't qualify for these plans for obvious reasons. You have to bring in your own phone but you save in the long run

There are some cases where a contract is cheaper. Particularly huge share plans with 4+ phones. But for most people they are getting ripped off and don't even know it

jinda628
04-23-2014, 03:07 PM
You can get a line from TMO and EIP for any phone now without contract.

Get an individual plan with unlimited everything for $70 monthly, then apply for EIP for whatever phone you want. There is no built-in cost.
You can end up paying $95/mo line and phone for 2 yrs and it will be the same as paying the phone outright for $600 and $70/mo for 2 yrs.

Though its not the same for other networks and built-in cost still applies.

F2.
04-23-2014, 03:23 PM
LOL dude its not an off chance. They offer these plans, they are simply not advertised. I am paying 50/month for at off contract what I was paying 90 for on contract before.. You can get tmo for as little as 30 a month for like 6gb of LTE... They just don't advertise it and a subsidized $200 phone doesn't qualify for these plans for obvious reasons. You have to bring in your own phone but you save in the long run

There are some cases where a contract is cheaper. Particularly huge share plans with 4+ phones. But for most people they are getting ripped off and don't even know it
That $30 plan only comes with 100 mins and you only get 4g for the first 5gb. I suppose if you barely use your phone aside from texting thats a good deal. For those who actually use their phones, it isn't. Not to mention it's on tmobile. It's chit unless you stay solely in a relatively large city.

Couthos
04-23-2014, 03:33 PM
That $30 plan only comes with 100 mins and you only get 4g for the first 5gb. I suppose if you barely use your phone aside from texting thats a good deal. For those who actually use their phones, it isn't. Not to mention it's on tmobile. It's chit unless you stay solely in a relatively large city.already said for some cases a contract is better..for most people its a rip off..

And you chose to ignore my att example and you will continue to ignore non contract plans are cheaper..no sweat off anyone's back but don't go calling out people who say its cheaper to buy phones off contract

natypes
04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Well, that really got off track. lol

I didn't see this thread so I made a post in the Android thread. It's a potentially awesome phone. I am, unfortunately, on Verizon. I won't be able to try this phone out.

I pay $90/mo for unlimited data, unlimited texts and 450 minutes. I really can't get a prepaid plan with enough data for me. I use around 5gb a month, some months more. I don't see a plan bigger than 3GB for 90 days. If there's more let me know.

And using 5GB is fairly heavy data use per month. It's definitely not, just texting.

And if you only use 4gb of data for 4 phones, and are planning on getting an iPhone 6 then regular misc is a better place for you. This is the Technology section.

LaurenceW
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM

I didn't see this thread so I made a post in the Android thread. It's a potentially awesome phone. I am, unfortunately, on Verizon. I won't be able to try this phone out.

I pay $90/mo for unlimited data, unlimited texts and 450 minutes. I really can't get a prepaid plan with enough data for me. I use around 5gb a month, some months more. I don't see a plan bigger than 3GB for 90 days. If there's more let me know.

And using 5GB is fairly heavy data use per month. It's definitely not, just texting.

And if you only use 4gb of data for 4 phones, and are planning on getting an iPhone 6 then regular misc is a better place for you. This is the Technology section.

That's insane, here in the UK you can get unlimited 4G, 200 min 5000 texts for 12.90 per month (sim only).

grimlock33
04-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Thread derails and goes from "Hey thats a pretty cool phone for a reasonable price" to "Rabble Rabble Rabble...my multibillion dollar carrier doesnt rape me as hard as yours does to you" lol.

$160 for 4 lines, unlimited talk n text + 10gb - off contract with ATT...not as hard as I got it on contract.

F2.
04-23-2014, 04:11 PM
already said for some cases a contract is better..for most people its a rip off..

And you chose to ignore my att example and you will continue to ignore non contract plans are cheaper..no sweat off anyone's back but don't go calling out people who say its cheaper to buy phones off contract

I'll end it with just saying I pay the same price as your posted ATT on verizon with unlimited everything. All because I stayed on contract. If you want something cheap now, sure go off contract. Limits on voice and data will only get smaller, all while plans get more expensive.

Krunk Fu
04-23-2014, 04:29 PM
That's insane, here in the UK you can get unlimited 4G, 200 min 5000 texts for 12.90 per month (sim only).

I'm in the US and on Sprints Framily plan. I get unlimited everything for $45/mo.

Carbonfibre
04-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Reading the official site forum of OnePLus One.

Will be impossible to get one.

1. 100 Smash - May 25
2. Customers with Invite - End of June.
3. Customers with Invite and General Availability - August

Evolutionary1
04-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I pay 50 a month for unlimited everything(3g) off contract.

natypes
04-23-2014, 04:49 PM
You guys may pay less, but those carriers have horrible reception around here. There's no way I'd deal with that. I'm not saying that in YOUR city that service isn't fine, but here, no.

Evolutionary1
04-23-2014, 06:38 PM
You guys may pay less, but those carriers have horrible reception around here. There's no way I'd deal with that. I'm not saying that in YOUR city that service isn't fine, but here, no.mine is u.s. cellular, it works fine

natypes
04-23-2014, 06:42 PM
mine is u.s. cellular, it works fine

good for you. What you should have said was, "Mine works good where I live/visit". Otherwise you don't know how it works elsewhere.

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Reading the official site forum of OnePLus One.

Will be impossible to get one.

1. 100 Smash - May 25
2. Customers with Invite - End of June.
3. Customers with Invite and General Availability - August

This was never confirmed by OnePlus, only by the neckbeards who been camping the forums for ever. We'll know more about release infos in 1-2 weeks.

westsidelegacy
04-23-2014, 09:43 PM
Lel at this talk of contracts. IDK in the us but I can change my contract at any time, I pay 50$can for unlimited everything and 6gb LTE and there's no month to month that comes close to it.

Either you guys never tried to get good contracts or you're too biased to even have a good point. Unless USA gets totally ripped off but I'm pretty sure we're worst off in canada for mobile contract prices.

Swamp Dog
04-23-2014, 10:10 PM
LOL dude its not an off chance. They offer these plans, they are simply not advertised. I am paying 50/month for at off contract what I was paying 90 for on contract before.. You can get tmo for as little as 30 a month for like 6gb of LTE... They just don't advertise it and a subsidized $200 phone doesn't qualify for these plans for obvious reasons. You have to bring in your own phone but you save in the long run

I'm on T-Mobile, show me your ways

mistrvi
04-23-2014, 10:49 PM
KP-5OlHINg0

Brazzah
04-23-2014, 11:24 PM
Lel at this talk of contracts. IDK in the us but I can change my contract at any time, I pay 50$can for unlimited everything and 6gb LTE and there's no month to month that comes close to it.

Either you guys never tried to get good contracts or you're too biased to even have a good point. Unless USA gets totally ripped off but I'm pretty sure we're worst off in canada for mobile contract prices.

Quebec is honestly the last place you'd want to sign a contract, unless you have years at a carrier to justify arguing with them or got a relative who's been there for 10+ years. Otherwise brb picking phone on contract and minimum you can pay is 80$ for poverty as chit plan. Only Bell offers somewhat lower contracts at 60$ but no data whatsoever.

Lb54TG
04-23-2014, 11:27 PM
Saw the phone on Engadget... Was suprised as fuk at top of the line specs for only 299

con5tant
04-23-2014, 11:40 PM
Wow this phone looks great. In for CDMA tho...

F2.
04-24-2014, 05:34 AM

The plans he's talking about are only for those who barely use their phone. Anyone who uses it even a normal amount would get overages

grimlock33
04-24-2014, 08:57 AM
aaaaaand it's a phablet...oh well

1+ on the left, note 3 on the right
http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/oneplus-one-vs-galaxy-note-3-aa-2-of-17-710x399.jpg

midcoastking33
04-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Uhhh unless I'm missing something both you guys went full retard. A phones cost is a phones cost. Unless you plan on getting rid of your cell phone service in the next 2 years the whole contract or no contract is a moot point. So, wtf is your point.

no you pleb, when you pay a phone upfront for cheap you actually end up spending hundreds more over the long term for the phone itself. that's how it works

Kalmah6661
04-24-2014, 10:00 AM
That $30 plan only comes with 100 mins and you only get 4g for the first 5gb. I suppose if you barely use your phone aside from texting thats a good deal. For those who actually use their phones, it isn't. Not to mention it's on tmobile. It's chit unless you stay solely in a relatively large city.

First, nobody talks on the phone anymore. 100 mins is plenty for most people.

Second, you "only" get 5 GB of 4G data? Do you realize that 90% of smartphone users don't even use 3 GB of data per month?

Strong derp. It's definitely not a plan for people who "don't use their phones." Lol.

You must really love your contracts if you're gonna make chit up.

kessel81
04-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Beautifully designed.

Would have considered switching from the iPhone if it wasn't as big as a fcking laptop.

4.7"-5.2" would have been perfect...about the size of an S4.

If they release another one that is smaller in size, I would buy it over the iPhone 6.

jinda628
04-24-2014, 10:38 AM

Second, you "only" get 5 GB of 4G data? Do you realize that 90% of smartphone users don't even use 3 GB of data per month?

This is not about that argument about contract but people still talks on the phone.
I can easily get exceed 500 mins on my phone every month. And my 64 yr old mom who's under my plan just clocked 635 minutes last month lol.

I had 8.7GB last month with minimal streaming, my mom always reach her 3GB LTE limit in half the month.

Kalmah6661
04-24-2014, 10:43 AM
This is not about that argument about contract but people still talks on the phone.
I can easily get exceed 500 mins on my phone every month. And my 64 yr old mom who's under my plan just clocked 635 minutes last month lol.

I had 8.7GB last month with minimal streaming, my mom always reach her 3GB LTE limit in half the month.

That's why I said most people don't even use 3 GB, not everybody.

Same thing for the minutes remark: a lot of people.

I use about 4.5 GB every month, and that's with really heavy data usage. People who just go on Facebook and check the scores of sports games won't even use half of that.

reyes12
04-24-2014, 10:54 AM

I only used 2gb of data on 4g with tmobile... but at home I was at 10+ gb through wifi lmao I can see why, but there are so many wifi areas when I go places that I don't need to use my data that much

seanb1979
04-24-2014, 11:09 AM

that plan sounds like a rip off.. unlimited everything with tmobile for 60 a month

Couthos
04-24-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm on T-Mobile, show me your waysI'm not on tmobile myself but another miscer mentioned you have to buy a sim from wal mart and then just continue on from there paying $30...
Beautifully designed.

Would have considered switching from the iPhone if it wasn't as big as a fcking laptop.

4.7"-5.2" would have been perfect...about the size of an S4.

If they release another one that is smaller in size, I would buy it over the iPhone 6.I went from 4" to 5" HTC One i'm on right now..5" is a great size but I have been wanting to go bigger nohomo

That's why I said most people don't even use 3 GB, not everybody.

Same thing for the minutes remark: a lot of people.

I use about 4.5 GB every month, and that's with really heavy data usage. People who just go on Facebook and check the scores of sports games won't even use half of that.I agree. 5gb is regarded as ALOT. I never go over 2gb because of wifi..

It can widely vary though. When I tried google play music, I chewed through 1gb in just 3 gym sessions

mistrvi
04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm not on tmobile myself but another miscer mentioned you have to buy a sim from wal mart and then just continue on from there paying $30

i have that plan. You can buy sim card from wallmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996 for $35 + taxes/shipping or buy it from amazon like i did for $27 and then call to tmobile and transfer plan from new sim to old one. Great deal if you don't talk on the phone a lot imo, unlim text, 5gb data, 100 min

Edit: amazon link(not ref) http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-Micro-Starter-Initial-Activation/dp/B00DFSORCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1398365321&sr=1-1&keywords=T-Mobile+Micro+Sim+Starter+Kit+With+%2430

Nocturnal310
04-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Lol fuk HTC, fuk Samsung, fuk Apple, this is my next phone.

Here in Canada you have all these carriers trying to rape you with overpriced contracts and 700$ "phones" with very little options. Brb ordering this bad boy for half the price and telling my carrier to go suck a big dick, brb taking the plans i want.

they seem to have copied Nokia Lumia's design imo which is a good thing.

now only if nokia launches android phones with same quality as lumia series

Brazzah
04-24-2014, 02:03 PM
they seem to have copied Nokia Lumia's design imo which is a good thing.

now only if nokia launches android phones with same quality as lumia series

They're backed by microsoft now, so they have a chit ton more RnD funding than usual, i would stay tuned to their next follow up phones srs

Swamp Dog
04-24-2014, 02:16 PM
i have that plan. You can buy sim card from wallmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-Micro-SIM-Activation-Kit/24099996 for $35 + taxes/shipping or buy it from amazon like i did for $27 and then call to tmobile and transfer plan from new sim to old one. Great deal if you don't talk on the phone a lot imo, unlim text, 5gb data, 100 min

Edit: amazon link(not ref) http://www.amazon.com/T-Mobile-Micro-Starter-Initial-Activation/dp/B00DFSORCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1398365321&sr=1-1&keywords=T-Mobile+Micro+Sim+Starter+Kit+With+%2430

So you just call T-Mobile and say, "Ha ha suckers, I just pulled one over on you. Give me the $30 plan."
Serious, what am I asking for?

natypes
04-24-2014, 03:35 PM
that plan sounds like a rip off.. unlimited everything with tmobile for 60 a month

T-mobile is a joke around here. Reception is terrible. brb phone constantly switches to 3G. I know they've beefed up their network of late, so that may have helped, but when my wife had it, it was terrible.

mistrvi
04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
So you just call T-Mobile and say, "Ha ha suckers, I just pulled one over on you. Give me the $30 plan."
Serious, what am I asking for?

Do you have already tmobile? I had different tmobile plan so once i got $30 one i called them and said that i have this sim-kit from walmart and i want to swap it with my other plan so i can keep old number.

DexterousPaw
04-24-2014, 05:38 PM
brb invite system taking the piss
brb missing an lte band for europe

Forced to stick with my G2 CM11

Swamp Dog
04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Do you have already tmobile? I had different tmobile plan so once i got $30 one i called them and said that i have this sim-kit from walmart and i want to swap it with my other plan so i can keep old number.

yeah I'm on T-Mobile, I just want to know what to ask. All I have to do is say, "I bought the sim-kit from WalMart, now I want to switch to the $30 plan"?

mistrvi
04-24-2014, 08:20 PM
yeah I'm on T-Mobile, I just want to know what to ask. All I have to do is say, "I bought the sim-kit from WalMart, now I want to switch to the $30 plan"?
yep, they will ask you for sim card number and some other stuff. Tell them you want to keep current # and sim, will take up to 24hrs to change i think

F2.
04-24-2014, 09:34 PM

Strong derp. It's definitely not a plan for people who "don't use their phones." Lol.

You must really love your contracts if you're gonna make chit up.

I barely talk on my phone and use over a hundred minutes. 90% of smart phone users don't use 3gb of data? Yea because you have to worry about swapping to wifi every time you get near it. I don't have to worry about that, and can use my phone as a hot spot.

Yes I do love my contract seeing as I still have unlimited everything on Verizon for 50 a month all because of my stupid contract. I'm really losing out by not dropping it right? Not to mention yall keep bringing up retarded tmobile and ATT. Their service sucks outside of major cities.

I've already said that if you want something cheap for now, then off contract is good. In the long run that contract will save you features and money.

Couthos
04-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Yes I do love my contract seeing as I still have unlimited everything on Verizon for 50 a month all because of my stupid contract

if you want something cheap for now, then off contract is good. In the long run that contract will save you features and money.You have a VERY special case. They don't do these anymore

Getting into a contract in the last couple years has been a BAD idea and incredibly over priced. But you are grandfathered into the goat contract which BTW, to stay in it you need to buy phones at full cost too right? You are basically in the same boat as the month to month brahs because you have to buy the phone at full price and save in the long run.

It's buying a phone at a subsidized price and signing a NEW contract which is the scam

WorkersUnited
04-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I barely talk on my phone and use over a hundred minutes. 90% of smart phone users don't use 3gb of data? Yea because you have to worry about swapping to wifi every time you get near it. I don't have to worry about that, and can use my phone as a hot spot.

Yes I do love my contract seeing as I still have unlimited everything on Verizon for 50 a month all because of my stupid contract. I'm really losing out by not dropping it right? Not to mention yall keep bringing up retarded tmobile and ATT. Their service sucks outside of major cities.

I've already said that if you want something cheap for now, then off contract is good. In the long run that contract will save you features and money.

Dude don't you now there are ways to automatically connect to wifi when you get home?

Kalmah6661
04-24-2014, 11:48 PM

No offense, but you sound like you don't know much about this subject. I may be wrong, but it seems that way.

My plan has unlimited data, but only 5 GB of 4G data, meaning I'd be at 3G if I went over, which is fine with me.

How many GB does your plan give you before you're throttled? Nobody has truly unlimited LTE speeds, unless you're with that weird Sprint plan.

F2.
04-25-2014, 05:38 AM
No offense, but you sound like you don't know much about this subject. I may be wrong, but it seems that way.

My plan has unlimited data, but only 5 GB of 4G data, meaning I'd be at 3G if I went over, which is fine with me.

How many GB does your plan give you before you're throttled? Nobody has truly unlimited LTE speeds, unless you're with that weird Sprint plan.
I've used over 200gb a month and never slowed enough to where I couldn't easily stream netflix and play on my laptop. Don't know what I'm talking about? Have fun with your poverty month to month contract

Dude don't you now there are ways to automatically connect to wifi when you get home?
Cool, and you either have to waste battery life leaving that on, or bother turning it on and off all the time. I would prefer to not have to do either.

You have a VERY special case. They don't do these anymore

You'll look back in a few years and say the exact same thing about those who got in a contract right now. No I do not have to buy subsidized phones. I would actually lose this contract if I upgraded again, so I buy my phones full price now.

midcoastking33
04-25-2014, 06:27 AM
I've used over 200gb a month and never slowed enough to where I couldn't easily stream netflix and play on my laptop. Don't know what I'm talking about? Have fun with your poverty month to month contract

Let the exception make the rule. If you're using 200gb a month you have bigger issues at hand

Brazzah
04-25-2014, 07:05 AM
Lol reading the OnePlus forums it seems like the company is litterally making small batches of the phone and trying to give them off in contests and invitations.

Brb phone still won't be out for the next fukin decade.

Kalmah6661
04-25-2014, 10:16 AM

Cool, and you either have to waste battery life leaving that on, or bother turning it on and off all the time. I would prefer to not have to do either.

You'll look back in a few years and say the exact same thing about those who got in a contract right now. No I do not have to buy subsidized phones. I would actually lose this contract if I upgraded again, so I buy my phones full price now.

But........You never answered my question. How many GB does your plan give you before you're throttled?

I can use 200 GB of data on my plan without noticing a huge speed drop, as well. I'm not sure what your argument is.....

freeburn
04-25-2014, 11:01 AM
200gb per month? lmao what the **** do you just sit there and use your phone tethered to everything while watching netflix and downloading torrents all day?

how can you possibly use that much? i use like 5-7gb, and thats cause i stream netflix episodes when i drive to my girls house about an hour away, and the occasional tether for my tablet.

Purplekoolaid
04-25-2014, 02:24 PM
On Verizon
Still Unlimited Data

BRB my phone is my wifi :cool:

Can't get this phone.

Wait for G3/Nexus6?

Kalmah6661
04-25-2014, 03:42 PM
200gb per month? lmao what the **** do you just sit there and use your phone tethered to everything while watching netflix and downloading torrents all day?

how can you possibly use that much? i use like 5-7gb, and thats cause i stream netflix episodes when i drive to my girls house about an hour away, and the occasional tether for my tablet.

This.

It seriously sounds impossible to use 200 GB of mobile data per month. that guy is gonna have to explain that.

Also, that kills his argument. I'm 100% positive that only 0.0001% of smartphone users use 200 GB of data. Lmao.

He must run speedtests 24/7 while streaming 1440p movies and seeding 157 torrents.

Krispy1
04-25-2014, 05:25 PM
One thing to worry about this phone is future/stable software updates

"My issues with the OnePlus One

I just can't get over how weird/bad some of the decisions are that +OnePlus made while designing this thing.

CyanogenMod as the stock phone software? That means you'll be getting the slowest updates in the industry. The usual Samsung+carrier update cycle is about 3-5 months, CyanogenMod typically takes about 6 months to port everything over to the newest version. (A stable 4.4.2 version of CM isn't out yet).
Update: CM Community Manager +Abhisek Devkota says the 6 month mark is "an overstatement" of the time it would take to update. We'll see. =)

The attention to detail is so high that OnePlus claims the the internals are "specially dyed and treated with a matte black finish, with each part meticulously aligned to be visually pleasing and functional," yet when it came time to do that outside (the part people will actually use and see), they recycled the Oppo Find 5 body, complete with a barely-functional menu button? Put your resources where they matter.

The "Smash your phone" promotion. Really? After this: Samsung Galaxy S5 Hammer Smash Fail = Battery Explosion, you're going to encourage people to be violent towards something full of sharp glass, lead, and a highly-volatile lithium ion battery? Do you have any kind of common sense at all?

The terrible, terrible marketing which they could never (and didn't) live up to. #neversettle , except for the lack of SD slot, removable battery, wireless charging, Band 20 LTE, Recent Apps button, and terrible update situation.

The spec sheet and price is nice, but if I were a customer, this string of questionable decisions would make me wary. It doesn't really matter though, because it sounds like no one is actually going to be able to buy one of these things anyway. Oh well."

This is from Ron Amadeo who is probably the most respected android analyst.

http://plus.google.com/+RonAmadeo/posts/3mhKV1f29wU

Couthos
04-25-2014, 05:50 PM
One thing to worry about this phone is future/stable software updates.

This is from Ron Amadeo who is probably the most respected android analyst.The question about software updates is literally the only valid gripe in that inflated rant. He completely discredits himself as biased with all the other imaginary "issues"(oh no, he didn't like the marketing.. who gives a fuk). And given the One is directly and officially supported by cyanogen, I think it's fair to assume updates will come a lot quicker.

I don't know where he gets off saying they will be the slowest in the industry when most non flagship devices don't even get updates to begin with.

waisoserious
04-25-2014, 09:04 PM
First off good luck even getting one, with their limited supply and invite system

Second wait till people actually get a hold of them, they have great specs but oneplus is a new company there could be issues with defects.

this

reminds me of the meizu m8 annoucement when the 1st iphone had just come out

F2.
04-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Let the exception make the rule. If you're using 200gb a month you have bigger issues at hand
Cool beans. You can't even get a data plan period on verizon for what I'm paying. That's my point. Data usage is irrelevant.

But........You never answered my question. How many GB does your plan give you before you're throttled?

I can use 200 GB of data on my plan without noticing a huge speed drop, as well. I'm not sure what your argument is.....
If I can stream netflix and play on my laptop at the same time what does it matter? Honest answer, I don't know. Again though, wtf does it matter if I can still do those 2 at the same time.

That I'm on verizon with unlimited everything for 50 bucks a month is my point. All because I signed one of them there contracts you are so against. Speaking specifically on the tmobile $30 a month plan mentioned earlier, you will notice a dramatic speed drop once you go over the throttle limit. It auto drops to 3g. Not sure which service/plan you have though.

Uhh probably because I hotspot my wifi for everything, you know, exactly what I mentioned earlier. Not sure if srs

This.

It seriously sounds impossible to use 200 GB of mobile data per month. that guy is gonna have to explain that.

Also, that kills his argument. I'm 100% positive that only 0.0001% of smartphone users use 200 GB of data. Lmao.

He must run speedtests 24/7 while streaming 1440p movies and seeding 157 torrents.

Again, you can't get a data plan period on verizon for what I'm paying for unlimited everything(to my knowledge). If you barely use your phone and live in a major city all these random cheap month to month plans are fine. If you don't live in a major city and want good service, you need verizon

You brahs can argue what ever you want though. I was a retard and signed a contract. Now I'm a retard with unlimited everything paying a super cheap rate.

Nocturnal310
05-01-2014, 02:21 PM
They're backed by microsoft now, so they have a chit ton more RnD funding than usual, i would stay tuned to their next follow up phones srs

man if they are bought by nokia then they will never have android OS.

hope Google uses Nokia as OEM for nexus

xmikeman
05-01-2014, 04:49 PM

He's grandfathered into a plan at Verizon, therefore there is no throttling. If I were him I'd stay on that contract until death. It's probably the best price you can get in America. I'm paying over $100 for 3GB of data and unlimited talk/text and I feel pretty cheated.

mackd
05-01-2014, 05:23 PM
man if they are bought by nokia then they will never have android OS.

hope Google uses Nokia as OEM for nexus

Would be cool/10 but never see it happening.
I bought my mum a low end Nokia phone a year ago (620 i think), and although the display/camera are quite average, its a very solid built phone. The buttons are very tactile and haven't gone spongy (same cant be said for my Galaxy Nexus (Samsung)).