PDA

View Full Version : Odd sound coming from PC...was told it was excess static build up

Zerafian
04-22-2014, 09:24 PM
from possible fluctuations in power that can cause it. It gets worse when I start gaming, I recorded it while I had a game running. Any input or how to fix it would be great. I did read a bit that I could turn off the computer, unplug the power supply and hold the power button which can help relieve that build up. Also a stable battery backup may help from it building up later on, even out power fluctuations.

z8a_4EXlBjI

ic1Lh1BUnoc

HowsMyClutch
04-22-2014, 09:32 PM
from possible fluctuations in power that can cause it. It gets worse when I start gaming, I recorded it while I had a game running. Any input or how to fix it would be great. I did read a bit that I could turn off the computer, unplug the power supply and hold the power button which can help relieve that build up. Also a stable battery backup may help from it building up later on, even out power fluctuations.

z8a_4EXlBjI

ic1Lh1BUnoc

Probably just the fan bearing for the psu fan. Not sure how new your PSU, but you could warranty it.

Zerafian
04-22-2014, 09:34 PM
Probably just the fan bearing for the psu fan. Not sure how knew your PSU, but you could warranty it.

I thought it could be something a little loose at first but when I did the shut off and hold power button it actually alleviated the sound for a short time. I tested it on 3 games during that time to be sure. It usually happens with whatever game Im playing. When I did the shut down test the computer had been on for a good 10 hours. Thats why it kind of leads me to believe it may be that still. Either way thats not a hard fix.

invrlose123
04-23-2014, 02:35 AM

z8a_4EXlBjI

ic1Lh1BUnoc

Sounds more like the fan than any sort of "Static build up."

Replace PSU... Warranty it if you can, otherwise buy a new one.

dontthinksotim
04-23-2014, 06:19 AM
Agree on psu warranty. I had a problem with my psu making a weird buzzing sound. Never got it on video. It only went on with taxing unstable games like gta 4. Anyway, it burnt out my ram with random blue screens of peace and almost took out my whole pc.

Rma your psu