PDA

View Full Version : Replaying the fear series or not?

hegotbig
04-22-2014, 06:33 PM
So i wanna play fear 2 and the 2nd DLC for FEAR1.

BUt i wonder if I should replay FEAR 1 and extraction point 1st

Reason being i aint played these games for over 5 years or so.

Are they worth replaying or should I just go straight in to Pereeus Mandate and FEAR 2.

I mean it be 20 hrs? for fear 1 and EP? BUt end of day time is though not short precious why replay old when can play new?

goldfishguy
04-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Good question loved first fear own second but haven't played

Beliedat
04-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Dat feel in the chopper at the end of fear 1. Do it brah.

hegotbig
04-22-2014, 08:46 PM
Fear is such a good PC game

and i say PC cause this was one of last true FPS games before PC got all consolofied.

It retains that old skool PC feel with the map design and leaning etc...A gem of a game

jfcundiff
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
FEAR is still fantastic to this day. FEAR 2 was also a lot of fun and scary too. Trying to finish FEAR 3 now. Has a completely different vibe and feel to it.

Zerafian
04-22-2014, 09:36 PM
I played them all and really like them...I just think the reply value on them is kind of low.

Pr0No0B
04-23-2014, 01:28 AM
do it phaggot FEAR 1 and extraction pooint is the best in the series

went down hill from that, F3AR was fun but i feel the story went full retard

asparkes
04-23-2014, 03:39 AM
Never played the FEAR series, should i get them?

gbullock32
04-23-2014, 04:29 AM
Never played the FEAR series, should i get them?You can get all 3 on steam sale usually for ~$5 or so; for that price they are well worth it, good games with solid play.

Dippz
04-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Depends on the reason you want to replay them for.

Honestly, for me the fear games were always about the superb (and in my opinion maybe to this day unmatched) weapon handling. Everything felt right, from aiming, recoil, sounds, feedback on enemys, the enemy A.I. itself, the gore to the fact that some guns roast, slice or pin enemys to the wall.

The games are somewhat scary but I was in for the FPS action.

That being said, if you feel the same, you naturally want to play all of them, because more of something good is just better.
Both addons add fun weapons to the arsenal and the biggest feature of the addons in my opinion was the ability to smash doors open with your melee attack instead of only being able to slowly open them lol. Makes it that much more fast-paced.

Fear 2 was quite enjoyable aswell, Fear 3 I quit after an hour because it felt like a really bad console port on pc. Will mod it and give it another try sometime.

linkin90
04-23-2014, 05:20 AM
I would, just because when I play a series I like to start from the beginning so I see the whole story unfold. I played fear last year and it holds up very well. I think the enemy A.I. in that game is still one of the best around. I remember getting startled multiple times because the enemy would unexpectedly flank me or they would pop out from cover after I thought I killed everyone in the room. It really makes you feel like your in a tactical shootout but there is still a degree of fun running and gunning.

hegotbig
04-24-2014, 11:43 AM
tbh forgot how good this game is

the action and shooting is superb

Dotn get them like this these days

Like the old corridor style shooter tbh creates better immersion and intensity

skullcrusher149
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
FEAR Combat was such a sick multiplayer experience. Too bad not many people got into it.

brb sprinting around with no gun karate chopping everyone