PDA

View Full Version : Audio Tech guys, need help RCA home theater

mcm08n
04-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Okay, I'll do my best to explain. I just got this RCA RTB1013 Home theater system with bluray and radio tuner etc. The movies, and radio work fine, with the sound going through the tv. Now, when I start plugging in the speakers, the only sound that comes out is a humm. Its just constant. And yes, I am 99% sure I am putting ecerything in the right spot, it is easily color coded. It hums even when im not trying to play anything, as soon as the system is turned on, the speakers just hum. I am usually pretty good with this stuff, but I am stumped. Starting to wonder if the terminals in the back are faulty or something. Any help is appreciated, thanks

kenonator
04-22-2014, 08:56 AM
Can you play audio through any other devices? Possibly an mp3 player?

You're positive the tuner is set to the correct audio channel for the TV?

mcm08n
04-22-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, movies would play through the tv, the radio would play through the tv, but get nothing but that wierd thrum through the theater speakers. They do it as soon as the power to the reciever is turned on, even if the reciever isnt even playing a movie. In that case, they should just sit there silently I would think

lsiberian
04-22-2014, 09:41 AM
If you aren't getting sound you didn't hook it up correctly. 99 percent of the time.

lsiberian
04-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Are you connecting to the receiver via RCA(Red and white cable) or optical?

Did you actually hookup your speakers correctly

http://1800customersupport.com/productdocuments/RTB1013_RCA.pdf

Do a slow methodical walkthrough via the manual. You missed something and it's certainly something simple.