PDA

View Full Version : Dishonored Game CD wont work, shows as a blank DVD on my PC, but works on others???

vinaybmw
04-21-2014, 11:11 PM
So i have a DVD with the Dishonored install files on it, and when i put it in my PC, the dvd shows as a blank dvd. But i tried it in my friends PC and it worked in his PC! I am running windows 7 ultimate, and he was running windows xp. Do you think its a glitch in my windows or something? How do i get the game to work on my pc?

seanb1979
04-21-2014, 11:20 PM
you need to find your model of DVD drive and update its firmware

Dippz
04-22-2014, 12:34 AM
you need to find your model of DVD drive and update its firmware

but chances are high it's not going to help you, because more often than not these drives just get glitchy with age.

I you've had your DVD drive for a couple of years and have been using it regularly it's - in my experience - not uncommon for stuff like this to happen.

Nowadays it doesn't happen as often because lettuce be real tea I use my disc drives maybe three times a year (srs). Steam pc gaming masterrace checking in

TL;DR: Get a new dvd drive or make an image file of the disc at your friends house, transfer it to your pc via external HDD or w/e, mount image and install/play.

vinaybmw
04-23-2014, 09:00 AM
thanks! any other things i can try?
but chances are high it's not going to help you, because more often than not these drives just get glitchy with age.

I you've had your DVD drive for a couple of years and have been using it regularly it's - in my experience - not uncommon for stuff like this to happen.

Nowadays it doesn't happen as often because lettuce be real tea I use my disc drives maybe three times a year (srs). Steam pc gaming masterrace checking in

TL;DR: Get a new dvd drive or make an image file of the disc at your friends house, transfer it to your pc via external HDD or w/e, mount image and install/play.