PDA

View Full Version : GOAT phone build quality

arman24
04-20-2014, 11:12 PM
First it was the HTC One and now it's the HTC One M8. It's such a beautiful/sexy looking phone I love the metal body. It feels great in hand compared to the plastic bodies of phone like the Galaxy S series.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/sites/computerworld.com/files/u177/htc-one-m8-gray-.jpg
http://www.igyaan.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/htc-one-m8-29-690x388.jpg
http://cdn3.pcadvisor.co.uk/cmsdata/reviews/3508319/HTC_One_M8_colours.jpg

StillFat53
04-21-2014, 05:51 AM
HTC master race checking in, best phone I've ever owned.

occy27
04-21-2014, 05:59 AM
can confirm
my one was made by a goat
****s ****ed

stubbybignose
04-21-2014, 06:53 AM
LG g2 > all

SupJeff
04-21-2014, 08:18 AM
u one m8?

huehuehue

Bettabez
04-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Just got the m7. Could have gone for the m8 but it was slightly too big imo.

Loving it so far, made the switch from Apple/ios.

StillFat53
04-21-2014, 08:27 AM
Just got the m7. Could have gone for the m8 but it was slightly too big imo.

Loving it so far, made the switch from Apple/ios.

Same the One M8 Mini apprently has a 4.5 inch screen which is a touch disappointing as I have the current Mini and 4.3 is definitely as big as you'd want in a 'mini' phone

Kalmah6661
04-21-2014, 09:56 AM
One of the top phones out there right now.

The only thing I really think needs to be reworked is the Blink Feed. It's full of useless information that you don't need.

They should just put Google Now in its place.

LegendKill3r
04-21-2014, 10:13 AM
I just came back from the verizon store after spending days deciding whether to upgrade to this or wait for the iPhone 6/next round of Android phones in fall. I was obsessed with finally getting to see it in person.

To be honest, it was kind of nice but hyped too much IMO. The build was nice but I felt that the glass and steel build of my iPhone 4S felt more premium. I also compared it to the 5S and they all felt pretty premium but my 4S and the 5S I saw felt slightly more premium. The M8 is definitely the best built phone I've seen on an android phone.

Although I was set on the M8 and wasn't all that impressed, I must say that I was really impressed with the Note 3. That phone caught my attention the most with the speed and features. I'll say if I'm for whatever reason not satisfied with the iPhone 6 then I'll probably get the Note 4 or 3.

Brazzah
04-21-2014, 11:12 AM
This is the official phone of the misc brahs. srs

U wot m8

KilaByte
04-21-2014, 11:13 AM
Meh

ducatisteve
04-21-2014, 11:19 AM
When it comes to build quality (no other factors like OS, screen size, or whatever), my favorite phone is still the iPhone 4/4S. Solid, heavy, and pretty.

Nocturnal310
04-21-2014, 01:05 PM
When it comes to build quality (no other factors like OS, screen size, or whatever), my favorite phone is still the iPhone 4/4S. Solid, heavy, and pretty.

loled.

Nokia Lumia 920 hands down....the phone can literally be used as a weapon to crack skulls

Gunite
04-21-2014, 01:06 PM
lol @ ppl eye-fukking their cell phones.

LePussy
04-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Z2 /thread

Otaman
04-21-2014, 01:35 PM
meh...Good build quality. But they dropped the ball on so many other things (mainly the camera)

As soon as this phone is avaible for NA, I am pulling the trigger. Going to be the true GOAT

dat dere 5.5 inch, 537 ppi 2k screen of peace and prosperity

3 Gb Ram, 3000 mah battery, 13 mp camera + 5 mp front, 128 gb expendable storage, quad core processor, new Gorilla 3.0 corning

charges in 30 minutes. This is a Bugatti of smartphones

http://thedroideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oppo_find_5_schwarz.jpg

Kalmah6661
04-21-2014, 01:36 PM
lol @ ppl eye-fukking their cell phones.

This.

I will admit that having a pretty phone is cool for a few days, but then it doesn't matter.

It's like when people complained that the Nexus 5 was bland. Who the hell cares?

RSCRevolution
04-21-2014, 01:59 PM
This.

I will admit that having a pretty phone is cool for a few days, but then it doesn't matter.

It's like when people complained that the Nexus 5 was bland. Who the hell cares?

good

basedxgawd
04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
meh...Good build quality. But they dropped the ball on so many other things (mainly the camera)

As soon as this phone is avaible for NA, I am pulling the trigger. Going to be the true GOAT

3 Gb Ram, 3000 mah battery, 13 mp camera + 5 mp front, 128 gb expendable storage, quad core processor, new Gorilla 3.0 corning

http://thedroideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oppo_find_5_schwarz.jpg

will that be available for verizon? srs. also how is the battery life since its rocking a 2k display

Couthos
04-21-2014, 02:18 PM

http://thedroideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oppo_find_5_schwarz.jpgDat dere poverty OS on top of android 4.3 you wot?? OnePlus One>>>>

Same phone, better OS

natypes
04-21-2014, 03:30 PM
I love HTC and love the M8, but that phone is long as fuk. My DNA is long and the M8 is almost 1/4" longer. It's like a damn necktie lol.

Great phone, although I chose the LG G2 over it.

One of the top phones out there right now.

The only thing I really think needs to be reworked is the Blink Feed. It's full of useless information that you don't need.

They should just put Google Now in its place.

Either you don't know how to set it up or you are not interested in much of anything. I love blinkfeed. Sports, technology and current events. I hope HTC releases it to the play store so I can put it on my LG G2 I'm getting this weekend.

http://thedroideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oppo_find_5_schwarz.g

More like the Daewoo lol I'd be wary of them.

Kalmah6661
04-21-2014, 04:00 PM
I love HTC and love the M8, but that phone is long as fuk. My DNA is long and the M8 is almost 1/4" longer. It's like a damn necktie lol.

Great phone, although I chose the LG G2 over it.

Either you don't know how to set it up or you are not interested in much of anything. I love blinkfeed. Sports, technology and current events. I hope HTC releases it to the play store so I can put it on my LG G2 I'm getting this weekend.

I will admit that I disliked Blink Feed on my GF's HTC One, as it's just full of Facebook crap. I have a Nexus 5, and obviously use that 95% of the time.

She's probably just a potato and doesn't know how to set it up.

All-Star11
04-21-2014, 04:01 PM
<--- on dat dere HTC One M8 time. lovin' it

Otaman
04-21-2014, 04:02 PM
will that be available for verizon? srs. also how is the battery life since its rocking a 2k display

i think so. Battery life is unknown so far (phone not out yet). 3000 mah should do alright. Plus it features a new battery that charges from 0 to 75% in 30 mins

yeah it's relatively unknown brand here in NA and probably Europe too. N1 and 7a got pretty good reviews. I guess we'll see

Dat dere poverty OS on top of android 4.3 you wot?? OnePlus One>>>>

Same phone, better OS

Are you referring to HTC One M8? It's got that HTC skin over android as well. Almost all android phones do these days (which sucks). And lol @ calling M8 and Find 7 same. M8 is half the phone Find 7 is.

Couthos
04-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Are you referring to HTC One M8? It's got that HTC skin over android as well. Almost all android phones do these days (which sucks). And lol @ calling M8 and Find 7 same. M8 is half the phone Find 7 is.No there is a new company called OnePlus that is releasing a phone called the One - OnePlus One... literally the same phone as the Oppo, even being manufactured by them but it has direct support from cyanogenmod OS which is known for it's pure stock feel, customizability, speed and battery life

gets officially announced tomorrow http://oneplus.net/

areyouaweir
04-21-2014, 06:25 PM

http://thedroideffect.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/oppo_find_5_schwarz.jpg I really love the build quality of oppo products, I have an oppo blue ray player and that thing is just amazing and beautiful.

Brazzah
04-21-2014, 07:40 PM
No there is a new company called OnePlus that is releasing a phone called the One - OnePlus One... literally the same phone as the Oppo, even being manufactured by them but it has direct support from cyanogenmod OS which is known for it's pure stock feel, customizability, speed and battery life

gets officially announced tomorrow http://oneplus.net/

Inb4 announcement is a flop and all the bandwagoners rage quit their forums. No but seriously though, i really hope they don't fuk this up.

natypes
04-21-2014, 07:52 PM
I will admit that I disliked Blink Feed on my GF's HTC One, as it's just full of Facebook crap. I have a Nexus 5, and obviously use that 95% of the time.

She's probably just a potato and doesn't know how to set it up.

Yeah, that could make a big difference. It can be set up to be heavy on the social media. I do absolutely no social media. Mine is awesome. My wife has it on her DNA and we always talk about the stories we see on there. It's about like Yahoo news. Mine is very tech heavy obviously. If it was only tech articles I'd love it, but throw in some sports and it's awesome.

yeah it's relatively unknown brand here in NA and probably Europe too. N1 and 7a got pretty good reviews. I guess we'll see

Are you referring to HTC One M8? It's got that HTC skin over android as well. Almost all android phones do these days (which sucks). And lol @ calling M8 and Find 7 same. M8 is half the phone Find 7 is.

Yeah, they are chinese and I guess fairly new to the smartphone market here in the US. I'm always hearing about them on my blinkfeed. It's a good looking phone with good specs, but my concern would be build quality. May be a home run though.

I wouldn't say the M8 is half the phone the Find 7 is. The M8 deserves more respect than that. It's out and has reviewed well by many. An iPhone would be though lol

OnePlus one, horrible name, potentially excellent phone. Releases on 4/23/14.

Brazzah
04-21-2014, 08:27 PM
It sucks that only the neckbeards who squatted their forums 24/7 since last july will be able to buy the OnePlus One via the invitation system. Inb4 shortages until june just to cockblock everyone.

shanedawg
04-21-2014, 10:51 PM
note 3 master race checking in