PDA

View Full Version : No appetite/Not hungry.

JacobLMBT
04-20-2014, 07:03 PM
My biggest problem when it come to putting on muscle/size is eating. For starters I'm a hard gainer. Last time I weighted myself I was 125lbs. I know I need to eat every 3 hours at least. It's not that my schedule doesn't permit it I'm just not hungry every 3 hours. I also do about three to four protein shakes a day. One when I wake up one when I'm done with my work out one when I get home from work and one before bed.
Any tips on building myself up to eating more? Also any way to make egg whites taste good?

zeaview
04-20-2014, 07:07 PM
My biggest problem when it come to putting on muscle/size is eating. For starters I'm a hard gainer. Last time I weighted myself I was 125lbs. I know I need to eat every 3 hours at least. It's not that my schedule doesn't permit it I'm just not hungry every 3 hours. I also do about three to four protein shakes a day. One when I wake up one when I'm done with my work out one when I get home from work and one before bed.
Any tips on building myself up to eating more? Also any way to make egg whites taste good?

Track your calories. Figure out your maintenance. You want to be in a caloric surplus. What time of day you eat doesn't matter, you need to make sure you're eating more calories than maintenance, then you can experiment what times of day eating is best for you.

And keep lifting weights.

Zykanthos
04-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Do you think you'd be able to eat more if you just had 2 or 3 large meals per day? (as opposed to eating smaller meals more frequently)

Because if you can consume more calories in larger but less frequent meals, that will work just as well.

And yes - sprinkle some seasoning on your eggs whites.

Bh44
04-20-2014, 07:08 PM
1. You don't need to eat ever 3 hours, some people only eat 1 meal a day. All that matters is your overall daily intake, surplus = gain; deficit= loss.
2. do you NEED all those protein shakes? aim for at east .8g/lb protein, personally i enjoy eating chicken steak fish etc for protein as they provide more nutrients.
3. motivation... in grain into your brain "you gotta eat BIG to get BIG" I tell myself this everyday.
however i have found drinking mint tea (helps with digestion) after a meal really helps me get hungrier once again so I am able to eat one last meal before bed.

digistp
04-20-2014, 07:10 PM
You're not a 'hard gainer', you've just conditioned yourself to not eat enough.

MetilHed
04-20-2014, 07:23 PM
Also any way to make egg whites taste good?

Use whole eggs instead.

Former300lber
04-20-2014, 08:26 PM
I really wish I had this problem, I would be lean 365.... Unfortunately I am and will be forever a fatty at heart, meaning... I'm never satisfied, always fkn hungry.