PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 6 (4.7") vs Other phone size comparisons

LegendKill3r
04-20-2014, 03:13 PM
I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to a new phone now or wait for the iPhone 6 and these constant rumors don't help. FUUUUUAAAARK

http://i.imgur.com/YPDJXk4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c4zTD3m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vg53dYb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KV9AayF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SYGjdwt.jpg

I guess the best thing to do would be to wait till it comes out and compare

tdnick
04-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I keep wondering what happened to the phaggots that didn't want a big phone. That I want to be able to use my thumb across the whole screen. The phaggots that said it doesn't fit in their skinny jeans pockets and that phones were supposed to be small.

Couthos
04-20-2014, 03:31 PM
They HAVE to do something with the OS.. If it ends up being a 5x7 grid of apps or a 5x8 grid for the 5" version it's going to be so incredible ugly smh

http://static.knowyourmobile.com/sites/knowyourmobilecom/files/styles/gallery_wide/public/0/53/iphone6comparison2.jpg?itok=uW3yRiGE

Odin21
04-20-2014, 03:37 PM
I thought they were going to offer a 4.7" or 5.5" model for the 6?

At least that's what I read on mac rumors

wings_unhinged
04-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Still on the 4.

jasticus
04-20-2014, 03:44 PM
I thought they were going to offer a 4.7" or 5.5" model for the 6?

At least that's what I read on mac rumorshonestly i believe the rumors because the last rumors for 5c and 5s became true.

Kalmah6661
04-20-2014, 04:21 PM
They need to make a 5-inch screen and get with the times.

Also, they need to copy Android some more to get with the times even more.

They're stuck in 2008.

District
04-20-2014, 04:45 PM
That looks like a good mock up of iPhone 6

Otaman
04-20-2014, 04:54 PM
They need to make a 5-inch screen and get with the times.

Also, they need to copy Android some more to get with the times even more.

They're stuck in 2008.

this, iphone needs a major overhaul. It's a good 3-4 years behind if not more

brand loyalty is the main thing keeping it alive

Kevzaz
04-20-2014, 05:26 PM
I'm holding off to see what the iPhone 6 is like. I have the 4s right now. I have to say, before this phone, I would barely make it to my next free upgrade, I've had this phone for almost 3 years and it's only now starting to show it's age (which could probably be fixed with a fresh reset). I'm interested in the galaxy s5 but I've had really really good luck with this phone. I don't really have a reason to switch brands.. other than I'm starting to get a little antsy.

everblue
04-20-2014, 05:28 PM
New commercial for iPhone

XNBP18nrRdw

Fist-Of-Freedom
04-20-2014, 05:40 PM
smh

****ing hate big screens totally worthless. may be the first year in 7 I don't buy an iphone

AgRyan
04-20-2014, 05:48 PM
I hate the small screen on the iphone. and the new oS.

but I just am too lazy to learn a new OS. (Also had an HTC One, and liked it, but the battery would die extremely quick compared to my iphone and it would take twice as long to charge so I got rid of it)

bertishere
04-20-2014, 05:59 PM
I keep wondering what happened to the phaggots that didn't want a big phone. That I want to be able to use my thumb across the whole screen. The phaggots that said it doesn't fit in their skinny jeans pockets and that phones were supposed to be small.

they were exactly that.. phaggots.

i liked the 4" iPhone until i played with a phone with a 5" screen. screen size is goat, and too be honest, i may even get the 5.5" iPhone if it comes out.

i have a fairly sized hand so the bigger, the better

District
04-20-2014, 06:04 PM
If phones get bigger then 5inches....f!ck that shet. Going back to bricks.

Finch000
04-20-2014, 06:32 PM
such innovation

wow

much change

Kalmah6661
04-20-2014, 07:02 PM
smh

****ing hate big screens totally worthless. may be the first year in 7 I don't buy an iphone

Lol. How are big screens worthless? I think you have it backwards: small screens are worthless.

If you don't like using a big screen, you might as well use an iPhone 5S for the rest of your life.

Tribute3
04-20-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't into the nexus series phones from Google. The phones are cheaper and just fast. I'm so glad I moved from apple to android. I bought a nexus 4 for 300 bucks new off contract with warranty.

Kalmah6661
04-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm surprised more people aren't into the nexus series phones from Google. The phones are cheaper and just fast. I'm so glad I moved from apple to android. I bought a nexus 4 for 300 bucks new off contract with warranty.

Nexus phones are the only phones I buy. Nothing beats stock Android, and nothing beats the price vs. performance.

Krispy1
04-20-2014, 07:51 PM
G2 master race

Bezels of peace.

occy27
04-20-2014, 07:57 PM
sucks for apple because apparently the iphone 3 had the perfect size screen

ispy
04-20-2014, 08:02 PM
for all you unaware kunts who still think that galaxy/htc one/nexus are the top android phones:

http://oneplus.net/

Couthos
04-20-2014, 08:08 PM
for all you unaware kunts who still think that galaxy/htc one/nexus are the top android phones:

http://oneplus.net/well they still are.. this isn't out yet. Can't wait though. All the other flagships tend to have 1 or 2 major flaws. This phone should be a TRUE goat.

grimlock33
04-20-2014, 08:10 PM

http://oneplus.net/

All aboard the nonexistent hype train for a phone no one has seen or knows anything about but is the goat droid phone lol.

Not cereal but kinda serial. I am nonetheless looking forward to the unveiling. Hopefully more that just an oppo clone.

Couthos
04-20-2014, 08:19 PM
All aboard the nonexistent hype train for a phone no one has seen or knows anything about but is the goat droid phone lol.

Not cereal but kinda serial. I am nonetheless looking forward to the unveiling. Hopefully more that just an oppo clone.Pretty much everything has been officially announced

<$400 USD
[Specs]
Official released phone information:
5.5" JDI 1080p display
Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC - Quad-core at 2.5GHz)
3100+mAh battery (non-removable)
Sony Exmor IMX214 6-Lens 13MP camera (can take 50MP photos)
5MP Front-Facing camera
3GB of RAM
16GB & 64GB Variants
Stereo Speakers
StyleSwap Covers - Multiple materials/textures
Single-SIM card
Global LTE
GSM Only
Something better than pre-orders
No front branding
2 year CyanogenMod support

It's basically a Find 7 for $200 cheaper with a much better OS

Krispy1
04-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Oneplus one is a flop stop looking at the specs

It's coming from a startup company and being built in the spare space in OPPO's factory.

They are also limiting supply by doing an "invite" to order one.

NotoriousSRJ
04-20-2014, 09:07 PM

As long as Apple makes it it's perfection.

jasonjb
04-20-2014, 09:08 PM
Lol. How are big screens worthless? I think you have it backwards: small screens are worthless.

If you don't like using a big screen, you might as well use an iPhone 5S for the rest of your life.
I think 4.7 is the perfect size for phones, anything bigger and its awkward to take in and out of your pockets if you put a case on the phone

Couthos
04-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Oneplus one is a flop stop looking at the specs

It's coming from a startup company and being built in the spare space in OPPO's factory.

They are also limiting supply by doing an "invite" to order one.lmao like already stated it's basically a find 7 with a better OS. OPPO has already been received very well. Cyanogenmod is received incredibly well. With CM developed specifically for a high end device like this the phone is going to be a monster

invite system is only for the initial shipment.. stop being a dumbass

Nocturnal310
04-20-2014, 09:45 PM
resizable tiles showing max info per inch..this is how small screen device OS should be:
http://cdn2.gsmarena.com/vv/pics/nokia/nokia-lumia-1520-1.jpg

though Windows 8 is not as awesome as windows phone 8...and iOS isnt as awesome as OSX Mavericks

Chunkithunder
04-20-2014, 09:51 PM
but guys, the sheep herder said no one is going to buy a big phone
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone/

BlessedBeast1
04-20-2014, 10:37 PM
I've converted probably 4-5 people from Iphone to the Note. Once you go Note, you never go back to that chitty 4 inch screen or w.e it is

TaeBoNinja
04-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Once Google drops the moddable phones....its gameover.

Johnson1704
04-20-2014, 10:55 PM
I keep going back and forth on whether to upgrade to a new phone now or wait for the iPhone 6 and these constant rumors don't help. FUUUUUAAAARK

http://i.imgur.com/YPDJXk4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/c4zTD3m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vg53dYb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KV9AayF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SYGjdwt.jpg

I guess the best thing to do would be to wait till it comes out and compare

Get the oppo find 7. Best phone ever made only one bad thing: not water resistant. The oppo find 7a version is a cheaper version but still better than most phones today. The iPhone is also coming in a 5.5 in screen version but it'll be released around fall because Apple said they're having production backup problems

Johnson1704
04-20-2014, 10:56 PM
I've converted probably 4-5 people from Iphone to the Note. Once you go Note, you never go back to that chitty 4 inch screen or w.e it is

Also listen to this guy. If u don't want to spend the money on the oppo find 7 (compatable with AT&T and tmobile) then go with samsung. I'm gonna get the s5 because I'm not a huge tablet person and the s5's screen isn't bad at all

Nicklol
04-20-2014, 11:09 PM
honestly... this phone obsession that ppl have..is pretty retarded imo...

can it call and text?

can it take decent picture/video?

thats all that really matters at the end of the day...

quad core and 2-3 gigs of ram is good enough and phones dont need to be faster anymore...

so just get the phone that is the best designed and best looking... right now thats the htc one m8..

worrying about other sht is stupid... how much time do you guys REALLY spend on your phone doing sht other than call/text?

the only time ive had to use my phone for entertainment is when my internet went out on my laptop at work and i just misced on my phone.. i dont need that everyday.. but every phone can do that nowadays..

so its silly to obsess this much.

gswarrior510
04-21-2014, 12:23 AM
^ battery sucks, camera sucks

Pakoe
04-21-2014, 03:17 AM
If they're gonna bring the size up, i'm going for an iPhone next time.

Agentdark45
04-21-2014, 04:51 AM
Lol @ iPhaggots claiming 3.5" was the perfect size.

brb pouring millions into marketing campaigns that 3.5, then 4" screen sizes were perfect for one handed use
brb herp derp
brb 0.7" = INNOVATION!!one!!111!!
brb grid of 7*4 icons zomg!!

Kalmah6661
04-21-2014, 08:45 AM

can it call and text?

quad core and 2-3 gigs of ram is good enough and phones dont need to be faster anymore...

so just get the phone that is the best designed and best looking... right now thats the htc one m8..

worrying about other sht is stupid... how much time do you guys REALLY spend on your phone doing sht other than call/text?

the only time ive had to use my phone for entertainment is when my internet went out on my laptop at work and i just misced on my phone.. i dont need that everyday.. but every phone can do that nowadays..

Stupid hipster.

Some people appreciate technology here, ya know, because we're in the technology subsection...

You sound like my grandpa, brah. "All I need a phone for is for calling people. These silly kids with their touchscreens."

Dhboy
04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
http://www.collinpiprell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Apple-iBoard-imatt2.jpg

LegendKill3r
04-21-2014, 09:20 AM
So I just came back from the Verizon store after finally checking out the HTC M8 and other phones like the S5 and Lumia Icon in person and I was surprised at how my iPhone 4S was just as responsive as these phones. I compared my 4S to a salesman's Galaxy S3 from 2012 and his phone was sluggish, slow and laggy as hell compared to my 4S and these newer phones. Even the Galaxy S4 had some stutter and lag.

I think that's one thing that's making me stick with my iPhone and waiting for the 6. No matter what I do to my iPhone 4S, it doesn't lag or slowdown. Only the battery sucks.

The M8 was nice and I was hyped up for it but I really wasn't all that impressed with it when I played with it. I did like the Note 3 a lot though. I decided I'm gonna hold out for the 5.5" iPhone or 4.7" one depending on the screen sizes. If for whatever reason Apple fcks them up then I'm probably gonna switch to a Galaxy Note.

castingcouch
04-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Thing with iOS is that it has a dedicated thread which makes UI rendering the highest priority (hence for instance, if you zoom in/out on a webpage, it won't load further since the OS is busy rendering until you take your fingers off the screen) unlike Android which treats rendering just like other processes. This and the fact that Android runs on byte code, while iOS on native code, will always lead to Android requiring better specs to be as fast (in the case of UI smoothness very hard to achieve, although Android 4.0 and newer has gotten very smooth lately)

I still prefer Android because of customability, though I admit that jailbroken iPhones are also very much customizable. If they increase the screen size and just add additional columns/rows to the home screen, it will just look like crap though. Need to atleast go WP8.1 way and make icons customizable/live

Kalmah6661
04-21-2014, 09:45 AM
So I just came back from the Verizon store after finally checking out the HTC M8 and other phones like the S5 and Lumia Icon in person and I was surprised at how my iPhone 4S was just as responsive as these phones. I compared my 4S to a salesman's Galaxy S3 from 2012 and his phone was sluggish, slow and laggy as hell compared to my 4S and these newer phones. Even the Galaxy S4 had some stutter and lag.

I think that's one thing that's making me stick with my iPhone and waiting for the 6. No matter what I do to my iPhone 4S, it doesn't lag or slowdown. Only the battery sucks.

The M8 was nice and I was hyped up for it but I really wasn't all that impressed with it when I played with it. I did like the Note 3 a lot though. I decided I'm gonna hold out for the 5.5" iPhone or 4.7" one depending on the screen sizes. If for whatever reason Apple fcks them up then I'm probably gonna switch to a Galaxy Note.

That's because of chitty Touchwiz.

Use a phone with native Android and come back to me.

ghettocandyman
04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
Longer and bigger than phones with bigger screen sizes

much want such innovations

Yeah

I'll take my 150 dollar ZTE supreme on virgin mobile or a HTC desire fuk dat 600 dollar POS dedsrs

Also
By the time that **** comes out the s5 will be like 299 unlocked

Saxbro
04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
I can't stand how big phones and their screens are becoming. I'm still on the iPhone 4, and have used my girlfriend's 5, and I think THAT is too big.

litljay
04-21-2014, 10:15 AM
Note 3 checking in. I don't even notice it's size anymore until I pick up my wife's Iphone 5. It looks tiny now and it will be really hard to go back to a smaller phone.

MyMiscAccount
04-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Not an iPhone guy, but after reading the rumors I honestly can't wait for the iPhone 6. Not because im gonna buy it, because finally iphone fanboys will finally understand the big screen master race and apple will come up with some perfect size blsht which they'll believe "they phone is not too big, if it's big your ipad is fkg huge". imagine 3-5 years of that poverty small screen and finally they got something thats not a snellen chart.

ghettocandyman
04-21-2014, 10:27 AM
I can't stand how big phones and their screens are becoming. I'm still on the iPhone 4, and have used my girlfriend's 5, and I think THAT is too big.

You can buy mini HTC ones and s4s and then there's a chit load of other phones where the screen size is 4 inches

You can get away from that subpar ancient hipster chit

twiceasnice
04-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Funny how since the 80s there's been a reverse bell curve in mobile phone sizes... they started big and kept getting smaller, now each year they are getting bigger again

I'm just waiting for apple to re-release the iPad mini and just put a sticker over the back that says iphone 8 and watch them sell millions

Puma09
04-21-2014, 11:18 AM
So they are just making it bigger but not hardly changing much to the interface of the phone and ios itself? I am disappoint. Love imessage though. No signal in class crew.

mistrvi
04-21-2014, 11:30 AM
So they are just making it bigger but not hardly changing much to the interface of the phone and ios itself? I am disappoint. Love imessage though. No signal in class crew.
this is how Apple think innovation works

repsDTGdaily
04-21-2014, 11:40 AM
New commercial for iPhone

XNBP18nrRdwlol'd

repsDTGdaily
04-21-2014, 11:42 AM
I can't stand how big phones and their screens are becoming. I'm still on the iPhone 4, and have used my girlfriend's 5, and I think THAT is too big.small hands detected.

MyMiscAccount
04-21-2014, 11:54 AM
That's because of chitty Touchwiz.

Use a phone with native Android and come back to me.
I know touchwiz sucks. But i guess the main problem for the lag is because of the phone's resolution. iphones have 640 x 1136 res where as most android phones are in the 1080p.

lets say you have a gaming pc that just has enough power to run modded skyrim, you'll notice framedrops/lags once in awhile due to the higher resolution and mods. there are 2 ways to reduce these framedrops; first remove mods(touchwiz), second lower it to 720 (kinda like 640 x 1136) poverty res and you get constant fps.

Kalmah6661
04-21-2014, 03:05 PM
I know touchwiz sucks. But i guess the main problem for the lag is because of the phone's resolution. iphones have 640 x 1136 res where as most android phones are in the 1080p.

lets say you have a gaming pc that just has enough power to run modded skyrim, you'll notice framedrops/lags once in awhile due to the higher resolution and mods. there are 2 ways to reduce these framedrops; first remove mods(touchwiz), second lower it to 720 (kinda like 640 x 1136) poverty res and you get constant fps.

The lag isn't because of the increased resolution, brah. It's straight-up JUST Touchwiz causing the slowness.

A Nexus 5 is 1080p, as well. It runs native Android, and is amazingly smooth.

MyMiscAccount
04-21-2014, 03:35 PM
That's why I said 2 possible ways. Remove Touchwiz or bump down the resolution. I'm using a Note 2 with a custom ROM, and I get smooth functionality and interface.

But when I play 3D games it stutters, so if there is a setting to lower the resolution I can remove the stuttering. Currently using a 4.4 ROM and there isn't much kernels that I find good enough for OC and UV.

longfellowdeeds
04-21-2014, 05:22 PM
OP, iPhones do not sell based off Specs. they sell off image and ease of use and loyalty. If you like the feel of an iphone and the OS works for you, then get it. If you like to mess around with your phone, be alot more free to customize it, get an Android-based phone (new HTC one, Galaxy S5, Note, etc etc).

The android phones are bigger so take that into account. Im guessing the new iphone will be big now too.

the app stores for both are nearly identical

mikebutry
04-21-2014, 05:46 PM
innnnn
http://wondrouspics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Apple-iPhone-5-Funny-Comics-1-730x417.jpg

andrewkr80
04-21-2014, 05:50 PM
switched from iPhone to galaxy 5s

the galaxy absolutely destroys the iPhone and I'm so glad I switched.

Krunk Fu
04-21-2014, 08:42 PM

Well of course, it's newer. Not even sure what iphone you have.

S5 is pretty boring tbh. Much preferred m8 & the new sense. Makes TouchWiz look childish as fuark.

Swampduck
04-21-2014, 08:47 PM
http://www.collinpiprell.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Apple-iBoard-imatt2.jpg

Jokes on you, Jobs isn't here in 2014...

:o

WorkersUnited
04-21-2014, 08:50 PM
The lag isn't because of the increased resolution, brah. It's straight-up JUST Touchwiz causing the slowness.

A Nexus 5 is 1080p, as well. It runs native Android, and is amazingly smooth.

I agree Touchwiz sucks. That's why I always opt for Nexus or Google Play Edition phones.

Manne1
04-21-2014, 08:57 PM
what do u guys think about the blackberry z10?

Brazzah
04-21-2014, 10:00 PM
what do u guys think about the blackberry z10?

Pretty fukin good for office work, solid camera, durable battery and awesome "Hub" feature. The design is simple and professionnal, but the weaknesses are on the 720p LED screen and the lack of apps compared to ios or android.

It's a good investment if you want to manage both personnal and professionnal lives in a single phone with special built-in functions, or just want to keep it "social". If you're a geek who cares about hardware, then it might not be for you.

MrAWatts
04-21-2014, 11:14 PM

I guess you are too stupid to notice it is still more slim than the competitors for that very reason. Bravo

LegendKill3r
04-22-2014, 11:46 AM
I agree Touchwiz sucks. That's why I always opt for Nexus or Google Play Edition phones.

For some reason touch wiz creates lag on some phones and not on others. A friend of mine has a Note 2 and it's just as responsive as my iPhone yet another friend of mine has an S4 and there's se noticeable lag on it.

LegendKill3r
04-22-2014, 11:53 AM
I will say that I like android just about as much as I like iOS but for some reasons I'll be waiting for the iPhone 6 instead of upgrading to an android phone. One reason is because I'd lose all my iMessages if I switched platforms. A lot of the features found on a lot of these newer phones out now, I just really don't care about. I just like to have a phone that performs fast, well and does what I like. So it's no wonder I've been able to hang onto my iPhone 4S for a couple years now. Now I just need a large screen with LTE and I'm set. C'mon iPhone 6!

Budjola
04-22-2014, 12:19 PM
imo its too narrow. looking good but screens is just off

Glutes4DaSloots
04-22-2014, 12:23 PM
So compared to the competitors it will have less screen and more bezel.

Apple, not even once.

Krunk Fu
04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
So compared to the competitors it will have less screen and more bezel.

Apple, not even once.

Where are you getting this?

Nothing official is even released and plenty of phones have larger bezels..........

BlackIceMamba
04-22-2014, 05:31 PM

can it call and text?

This. inb4 phones play Crysis 3 on ultra quality.

paulpfiction
04-22-2014, 05:45 PM
I hate the small screen on the iphone. and the new oS.

but I just am too lazy to learn a new OS. (Also had an HTC One, and liked it, but the battery would die extremely quick compared to my iphone and it would take twice as long to charge so I got rid of it)

I have an HTC one and a 5c, I barely touch the iphone

LegendKill3r
04-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Just having bought a MacBook Pro recently, I think I'd also miss a lot of the features with having an iPhone & Mac like iMessaging from my MacBook, syncing, loading and restoring backups, etc.

Still like the android OS though. It's come a long way. Windows phone and the new BB 10 OS are nice too. In terms of performance these 4 platforms are neck and neck. It all just comes down to what all of us as consumers prefer.

krs128
04-22-2014, 07:50 PM

this, its a shame most people when they think Android they think Samsung Galaxy. I feel most people who hate android, base their opinion off of a ****ty Touch wiz galaxy phone and never actually used a Nexus device.

i got stuck using my brothers old S3 for a month when i shattered my Galaxy nexus, and the Nexus 5 wasn't released yet, and holy hell did i hate that phone (coming from a galaxy nexus which has worse specs, still ran smoother). If i had to choose iPhone or a Touchwiz galaxy i would choose iPhone all day every day. But when it comes to a Nexus device, nothing compares imo.

Sh1f7
04-22-2014, 07:56 PM

I keep wondering what happened to the console phaggots that didnt care about graphics. That all that matters is game play. The phaggots that said graphics are only for neckbeards.

tdnick
04-22-2014, 07:59 PM
I keep wondering what happened to the console phaggots that didnt care about graphics. That all that matters is game play. The phaggots that said graphics are only for neckbeards.

Saw last post was from shift
Figured he probably quoted me on something
Shocker

Sh1f7
04-22-2014, 08:07 PM
Saw last post was from shift
Figured he probably quoted me on something
Shocker
;).

Freek314
04-22-2014, 08:13 PM
http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/moto-g-1199218/review

Supadude
04-22-2014, 08:18 PM

I made the same switch. The galaxy blows. Can't wait to go back to iPhone.

Lb54TG
04-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Won't consider iphone unless it goes 5"

Sometimes wish my s4 screen was a little bigger

Coal Man
04-22-2014, 11:30 PM
I made the same switch. The galaxy blows. Can't wait to go back to iPhone.

Sony xperia Z2.

Do it phaggot

jasonjb
04-22-2014, 11:51 PM
For some reason touch wiz creates lag on some phones and not on others. A friend of mine has a Note 2 and it's just as responsive as my iPhone yet another friend of mine has an S4 and there's se noticeable lag on it.
the lag never really bothered me on my S3 but the battery life with touchwiz is so chit, it would drain to 30% if you left it overnight without charging. Switched over to stock android and the battery lasts so much longer now

dgd2
04-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Lol that mockup is stupid. Apple has always been an advocate of one handed use. They aren't going to just make a gigantic phone that runs iOS. My guess is it will be around the size of the Moto X

LegendKill3r
04-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Lol that mockup is stupid. Apple has always been an advocate of one handed use. They aren't going to just make a gigantic phone that runs iOS. My guess is it will be around the size of the Moto X

Maybe. I'm definitely getting the 5.5" version if the 4.7" one isn't big enough.

ko300zx
04-23-2014, 12:12 PM
smh

Used to think big screens were overkill...until I got one. After a week, it felt normal, and the old iphone 4 that was replaced felt terribly small. Takes a very short time to adjust and then you wonder why you didn't do it a long time ago.

Supadude
04-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Maybe. I'm definitely getting the 5.5" version if the 4.7" one isn't big enough.

5.5 is too big IMO. 5" is the limit of how big is reasonable to use with one hand.

Manne1
04-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Pretty fukin good for office work, solid camera, durable battery and awesome "Hub" feature. The design is simple and professionnal, but the weaknesses are on the 720p LED screen and the lack of apps compared to ios or android.

It's a good investment if you want to manage both personnal and professionnal lives in a single phone with special built-in functions, or just want to keep it "social". If you're a geek who cares about hardware, then it might not be for you.

thanks

bigfish18q
04-24-2014, 05:34 AM
If that's a legit design, they need to go back and redo the bezel. They need to drop that circular home button (or whatever it is) at the bottom. If you look at the G2, it's actually .3" more screen size, yet it's smaller than the iphone (if it's real). If these phaggot fan boys are complaining about bigger phones, they should be bishing at Apple for screen utilization.

TheOneArmedMan
04-24-2014, 08:20 AM
People still buy iphones? Android and Windows phones are like half the price.

Plus much bigger screen size. If you use your phone as a gps like me than the bigger the better it is for seeing the map.

kessel81
04-24-2014, 08:31 AM
FUARKKKK

iPhone aesthetics > every fckin poverty ass bitch ass phone on the market. Das really it mane.

Will buy iPhone 6 master race phone on launch day.

iPhone 5 master race crew over and out.

bigfish18q
04-24-2014, 08:43 AM
FUARKKKK

iPhone aesthetics > every fckin poverty ass bitch ass phone on the market. Das really it mane.

Lol @ aesthetics. There are at least 3 Android phones out there that are more aesthetic than that garbage.

BrollicWraith
04-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Lol @ aesthetics. There are at least 3 Android phones out there that are more aesthetic than that garbage.

Just lol @ you. iPhone has always been the aesthetics master race and you know it.

freeburn
04-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Just lol @ you. iPhone has always been the aesthetics master race and you know it.

hardly... every ipad/iphone looks exactly the same. all of their products are near identical designs. android is vast.

you really think this

http://media.engadget.com/img/product/23/iag/iphone-4-23yt-800.jpg

is more aesthetic than these? lol pls go. this isn't 2010 anymore. apple can keep their simple design and rows of icons. meanwhile theres more then one kind of android phone you can hold under a ****ing faucet.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HTC-One-M8-Review-Hero-0021.jpg

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/08/lg-g2-korean/gsmarena_001.jpg

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/114153-image/Galaxy-S5-water-resistance-tests.jpg

you are just living in simpleton denial son. you are the exact reason apple can release new products that are plain and simply just behind in the tech world and still charge even more for them.

bigfish18q
04-24-2014, 11:13 AM
That, and again just look at the bezel on the iphone... lol such a waste of space, and you all talk about how you like it small... when it could be smaller with the same screen size.

Nocturnal310
04-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Just having bought a MacBook Pro recently, I think I'd also miss a lot of the features with having an iPhone & Mac like iMessaging from my MacBook, syncing, loading and restoring backups, etc.

Still like the android OS though. It's come a long way. Windows phone and the new BB 10 OS are nice too. In terms of performance these 4 platforms are neck and neck. It all just comes down to what all of us as consumers prefer.

thats one trick of all the major companies to tie you to their ecosystem...syncing.

my OneDrive (formerly known as Skydrive) syncs perfectly on my macbook pro and other than that..i could live without having all those imessage convos n all syncing..

wtv gets me away from google apps in the end..because i just dont like google as a software company..they r just a search and advertising company in my opinion

Nocturnal310
04-24-2014, 11:32 AM
hardly... every ipad/iphone looks exactly the same. all of their products are near identical designs. android is vast.

you really think this

[img]http://media.engadget.com/img/product/23/iag/iphone-4-23yt-800
is more aesthetic than these? lol pls go. this isn't 2010 anymore. apple can keep their simple design and rows of icons. meanwhile theres more then one kind of android phone you can hold under a ****ing faucet.

[img]http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HTC-One-M8-Revi

[img]http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/114153-image/Galaxy-S5-water-resistance-tests.j

you are just living in simpleton denial son. you are the exact reason apple can release new products that are plain and simply just behind in the tech world and still charge even more for them.

never been a fan of iOS devices..also..the OS just doesnt get the work done...it has same problems that ipod had....inability to allow drag and drop of files and folders.

i want a tablet where i can drag and drop tv shows and movies and watch them..other than that..i dont see any point of a tablet while travelling.

speaking of Aesthetics....nothing is more aesthetic than Nokia Lumia 920

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news-700/Gray-Lumia-920-Arrives-in-Russia-in-February-with-WP8-Portico.jpg

Nokia Lumia with windows phone 8 is macbook pro of smartphones in everyway.... including the lack of Apps..lol

Kalmah6661
04-24-2014, 12:04 PM
FUARKKKK

Lol. You know the iPhone is struggling hard when the only thing iPhone people can talk about is how nice the phone looks.

Lol at you. Not to mention, the iPhone isn't even that nice-looking anymore.

xmikeman
04-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Lol. You know the iPhone is struggling hard when the only thing iPhone people can talk about is how nice the phone looks.

Lol at you. Not to mention, the iPhone isn't even that nice-looking anymore.

Why does everyone think the iPhone is doing bad? They literally have increased their sales every single year. Apple could buy most Android OEMs a couple times over at this point. That said, I think there are a few decent looking Androids but none with that iPhone build quality. If I was on T-Mobile I'd most likely have a Nexus or an Oppo Find 7.

Swamp Dog
04-24-2014, 01:26 PM
That, and again just look at the bezel on the iphone... lol such a waste of space, and you all talk about how you like it small... when it could be smaller with the same screen size.

This. I have no idea why everybody is ignoring the Moto X. Perfect size imo.

Swamp Dog
04-24-2014, 01:28 PM
never been a fan of iOS devices..also..the OS just doesnt get the work done...it has same problems that ipod had....inability to allow drag and drop of files and folders.

i want a tablet where i can drag and drop tv shows and movies and watch them..other than that..i dont see any point of a tablet while travelling.

http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news-700/Gray-Lumia-920-Arrives-in-Russia-in-February-with-WP8-Portico.jpg

Nokia Lumia with windows phone 8 is macbook pro of smartphones in everyway.... including the lack of Apps..lol

Holy hell at the acreage of real estate wasted on the bezel.

BrollicWraith
04-24-2014, 02:35 PM

you really think this

[img]http://media.engadget.com/img/product/23/iag/iphone-4-23yt-800.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HTC-One-M8-Review-Hero-0021.jpg[img]

[img]http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/08/lg-g2-korean/gsmarena_001.jpg[img]

[img]http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/114153-image/Galaxy-S5-water-resistance-tests.jpg[img]

LOL strong reading comprehension

ralphlaurenbrah
04-24-2014, 03:50 PM

you really think this

http://media.engadget.com/img/product/23/iag/iphone-4-23yt-800.jpg

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HTC-One-M8-Review-Hero-0021.jpg

http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/08/lg-g2-korean/gsmarena_001.jpg

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/114153-image/Galaxy-S5-water-resistance-tests.jpg

you chose an iphone 4 which is like 8 years old. want me to post pics of 8 year old android?

fuking pathetic.

mistrvi
04-24-2014, 03:52 PM
you chose an iphone 4 which is like 8 years old. want me to post pics of 8 year old android?

fuking pathetic.
oh yea there's so much difference between Ipone 4 and 5, lmao
http://www.johnsphones.com/images/2013/08/iphone-5-vs-iphone-4s.jpg

DexterousPaw
04-24-2014, 04:46 PM
G2 master race checking in
But who was bezel
tfw when you don't charge overnight and know you got this
brb "does anybody have an iphone charger"

Supadude
04-24-2014, 06:32 PM

lol...just lol

You could land an airplane on that bezel.

Nocturnal310
04-25-2014, 02:51 AM
Holy hell at the acreage of real estate wasted on the bezel.

thats not bezel..thats the dark background gap between live tiles which makes it look like part of the body..its part of the screen actually.

LegendKill3r
04-27-2014, 01:58 PM
More iPhone 6 renderings have been posted. Check www.macrumors.com.