PDA

View Full Version : Sick while on low carb/high protein diet?

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey all
Started a low carb/high protein diet last Tuesday. Starting this past Friday evening, I felt sick.I should point out, I'm sick with a cold. Yesterday, no appetite and today not much either. My nutritionist said that I should fast...when I asked him yesterday. I did manage to eat chicken , sweet potato and cauliflower for dinner though. Today, I've had my breakfast of 1 egg, 4 egg whites and 3oz of oatmeal but as of now, I'm not hungry.

I don't want to mess up my diet. I'm on it to lose body fat. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should eat today, to keep up energy ? That won't impact my diet.
Currently, I'm eating 3 oz of oatmeal for a carb in morning, 3 oz at lunch ...then 3 oz of veggie and lunch and 5 oz of veggie at dinner (Plus protein)

Thanks!

Mncdk
04-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Where are your fats? Are you harassing your body on purpose?

Zykanthos
04-20-2014, 12:19 PM
I was LITERALLY just gonna ask the same question as the guy above me asked - where are your fats!?

If you're gonna do low/no carb, then make sure you're eating high protein and high fat!

There's nothing wrong with a high fat diet, as long as it's healthy fats and you're still within your calorie goals. When I do high protein and high fat, I eat a lot of eggs, avocados, peanuts, peanut butter, beef, turkey, olive oil, fish, etc. There are many things you can eat on this diet. But you need your fats. Start eating them, yo!

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:34 PM
I was LITERALLY just gonna ask the same question as the guy above me asked - where are your fats!?

If you're gonna do low/no carb, then make sure you're eating high protein and high fat!

There's nothing wrong with a high fat diet, as long as it's healthy fats and you're still within your calorie goals. When I do high protein and high fat, I eat a lot of eggs, avocados, peanuts, peanut butter, beef, turkey, olive oil, fish, etc. There are many things you can eat on this diet. But you need your fats. Start eating them, yo!

! Ok here goes: I eat 1 egg, 4 egg whites and 3 oz of oatmeal for breaky

morning snack/post workout : 2 rice cakes with honey and 30g whey

Lunch: 3 oz (sweet potato or rice) 3 oz (spinach, asparagus, zucc, broc, cauliflower) 7 oz (90/10 ground beef, chicken, salmon, ground turkey) .5 tbl coconut oil

Aft snack: 11 almonds, 30 g whey

Dinner: 5 oz veggie, 8 protein listed above, 1 tbl coconut oil

before bed: 3 egg whites or 30 g casein

Former300lber
04-20-2014, 12:40 PM

Lunch: 3 oz (sweet potato or rice) 3 oz (spinach, asparagus, zucc, broc, cauliflower) 7 oz (90/10 ground beef, chicken, salmon, ground turkey) .5 tbl coconut oil

Your diet is complete garbage, I'm going to advise you to read the stickie's atop of the forum, and learn how to structure a proper diet that is not going to leave you deficient and malnourished.

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:40 PM
So as you can see , I do eat lots of protein:)

I just don't want to cheat the diet so early on...since it hasn't been a week. Just unsure of what I should eat while I"m sick and do not have much of an appetite

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:41 PM
Your diet is complete garbage, I'm going to advise you to read the stickie's atop of the forum, and learn how to structure a proper diet that is not going to leave you deficient and malnourished.

Can you elaborate and explain why you say my diet is complete garbage? What am I lacking in?

Zykanthos
04-20-2014, 12:42 PM

Well, in that case, maybe it's the lack of carbs making you sick. Some people look at carbs like they're evil, when in actuality there's nothing wrong with eating carbs as long as they're healthy. You can most definitely lose body fat while eating carbs. Try upping your carbs but stay in a calorie deficit and see if you feel better.

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:43 PM
As well, I do take fish oil, cla, fat burner,.... leucine, glutamine... zma and chromium picolate...as well as l-carnitine

( I have not made this diet up for myself. I went to someone to help me with it... )

copiusGains
04-20-2014, 12:44 PM
So as you can see , I do eat lots of protein:)

I just don't want to cheat the diet so early on...since it hasn't been a week. Just unsure of what I should eat while I"m sick and do not have much of an appetite

What's your height and how much do you weigh?

Also make sure you get more fat with organic cold pressed coconut oil and olive oil.

Youll be fine. Diet sounds good. What are your goals anyway?

p.s.

Stop taking Cla's and fat burners. It's all garbage and not good for you.

Fishoil
Vitamin D (from the sun)
maybe a quality multi

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Well, in that case, maybe it's the lack of carbs making you sick. Some people look at carbs like they're evil, when in actuality there's nothing wrong with eating carbs as long as they're healthy. You can most definitely lose body fat while eating carbs. Try upping your carbs but stay in a calorie deficit and see if you feel better.

OH i understand people can feel sick from lack of carbs..but I have a cold. That's it. Runny nose, eyes watering..sneezing.. symptoms of a cold.

Therefore, my lack of appetite is stemming from the cold.

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:47 PM
What's your height and how much do you weigh?

Also make sure you get more fat with organic cold pressed coconut oil and olive oil.

Youll be fine. Diet sounds good. What are your goals anyway?

Last Tuesday, I was 148lbs, 5'6". Measured in at 18.9 % bf.

My goal is to lose body fat. I don't want to lose a lot...just enough to show some definition. I actually lost some weight but with that, lost strength too because I was in starvation mode (I am on a medicine that lowers my appetite as well)...so before I was on the new medicine, I was lifting quite a bit more then I'm currently doing. So, another goal is to gain some muscle back and strength to match what I was hitting as well as to get new pr's

Zykanthos
04-20-2014, 12:48 PM
OH i understand people can feel sick from lack of carbs..but I have a cold. That's it. Runny nose, eyes watering..sneezing.. symptoms of a cold.

Therefore, my lack of appetite is stemming from the cold.

Ohhh!! Well sh!t, then I totally misunderstood you! Lol, I thought you were suggesting that your current diet might be making you sick! Totally misunderstood you. My apologies.

SuzieQQ
04-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Ohhh!! Well sh!t, then I totally misunderstood you! Lol, I thought you were suggesting that your current diet might be making you sick! Totally misunderstood you. My apologies.

That's ok, I wasn't as thorough in my explanation as I should have been.

copiusGains
04-20-2014, 12:57 PM
That's ok, I wasn't as thorough in my explanation as I should have been.

I also misunderstood.

If you dont want your diet impacted by the cold you could just eat light a few days and have one large meal when your appetitie is back and go steady from then on

or you could eat a little more coconut oil(2table spoons) and softer veggies like peas or broccocli and groud turkey?

Idk it's tough,all and all this shouldn't hurt, just a minor setback is all :)

Gxp23
04-20-2014, 12:58 PM

This.

Suzie, we need numbers, calories, macros, maintenance, if you dont know these, you are pretty much going down hill. Also, I dont see why you think you need all those supplements either.

Mncdk
04-20-2014, 01:21 PM
(I am on a medicine that lowers my appetite as well)Is that a side-effect or it's purpose?

Try fewer and bigger meals, imo. We're all different, but I'm doing well with 2 meals a day.
Just... You don't need 5. :P

SchofieldK
04-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Hey all
Started a low carb/high protein diet last Tuesday. Starting this past Friday evening, I felt sick.I should point out, I'm sick with a cold. Yesterday, no appetite and today not much either. My nutritionist said that I should fast...when I asked him yesterday. I did manage to eat chicken , sweet potato and cauliflower for dinner though. Today, I've had my breakfast of 1 egg, 4 egg whites and 3oz of oatmeal but as of now, I'm not hungry.

Thanks!
Do High Carb low fat/protein. That is the best way to get lean plus you can eat all you want. Restricting calories may help short term but your going to F up your metabolism. Eat all the fruits and veggies you want and you'll get lean. By doing this your body will be able to digest all these natural foods since thats what it's meant to do and your insulin levels will lower helping you get lean. Proof- *****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePo5x4f55Y

hema94x
04-20-2014, 02:15 PM
hey all
started a low carb/high protein diet last tuesday. Starting this past friday evening, i felt sick.i should point out, i'm sick with a cold. Yesterday, no appetite and today not much either. My nutritionist said that i should fast...when i asked him yesterday. I did manage to eat chicken , sweet potato and cauliflower for dinner though. Today, i've had my breakfast of 1 egg, 4 egg whites and 3oz of oatmeal but as of now, i'm not hungry.

I don't want to mess up my diet. I'm on it to lose body fat. Does anyone have suggestions on what i should eat today, to keep up energy ? That won't impact my diet.
Currently, i'm eating 3 oz of oatmeal for a carb in morning, 3 oz at lunch ...then 3 oz of veggie and lunch and 5 oz of veggie at dinner (plus protein)

thanks!

read
the
stickes

Gxp23
04-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Do High Carb low fat/protein. That is the best way to get lean plus you can eat all you want. Restricting calories may help short term but your going to F up your metabolism. Eat all the fruits and veggies you want and you'll get lean. By doing this your body will be able to digest all these natural foods since thats what it's meant to do and your insulin levels will lower helping you get lean. Proof- *****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ePo5x4f55Y

Disregard this utter rubbish.