PDA

View Full Version : Just a tad bit excessive.

Corbi
04-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Scroll down to the video on the page, now granted these people wanted to push the limits to see what they could get away with. But that many cops for people who were not nasty, didn't resist, were pleasant, etc?

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/excessive-force-dozens-cops-dispatched-shutdown-illegal-lemonade-stand/

Oceanside
04-19-2014, 03:32 PM
pretty pointless yes....

but then again if you wanna do something just to piss cops off, you really can't bitch about get carted off and paying a couple hundred dollar fine...

I'll save my disdain for those vids where people rights are really gettin sh*tted on !

Karl_Hungus
04-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah, but you have to understand the cops' perspective. Imagine the kind of world we would live in if OSHA and health inspectors didn't lay the hammer down on every 7-year old kid selling lemonade? If we don't have government overseers regulating every transaction, from selling lemonade to borrowing your neighbor's hedge clippers, then how can any of us feel safe?

Corbi
04-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah, but you have to understand the cops' perspective. Imagine the kind of world we would live in if OSHA and health inspectors didn't lay the hammer down on every 7-year old kid selling lemonade? If we don't have government overseers regulating every transaction, from selling lemonade to borrowing your neighbor's hedge clippers, then how can any of us feel safe?

Exactly, in a normal society the cops wouldn't have paid any attention to these people and they would have left on their own without getting the attention they desired. That woman cop who kept shoving the camera needs to have her ass kicked too, she was acting as if she just took down Capone.

Oceanside
04-19-2014, 03:50 PM

I got 5 bucks that says those people posted signs all over surrounding blocks to basically invite the cops to be there just to film them for that...

if that's the case, along with shoving camera's in the cops faces, it's hard to side with people that are just going out of their way to make videos so that people on social media can get their panties in a twist :)

Corbi
04-19-2014, 04:03 PM
And just for arguments sake
http://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1601252_10152429251405628_6539874835737088112_n.jp g

MiklaDfar
04-19-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't think anything has changed except that everyone now has a camera and can look to get their fame by posting it on YourTube. I find it to be a bit of a shame that there appears to be more public exhibits (e.g., video) showing law enforcement in a bad light, versus all the times these officers put their lives on the line doing heroic and selfless acts.

But, then again, I am biased... my son is a Deputy Sheriff.

Nikonguy
04-19-2014, 05:51 PM
I call bull shyte on a staged event used to make "the authorities" look bad. There are plenty of situations available without concocting a scenario to get attention. :rolleyes: