PDA

View Full Version : Help with a good BB diet for liver disease

JeffStrongman21
04-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I am not sure yet to what extent but basically right now, I can not exceed 2,000 mg of sodium and if we could keep it well under that, the better. Basically high sodium will cause me to bloat like crazy. I currently am 6'5" and 214 pounds. Usually am about 225 but some stuff happened. I figure this would be as good of a place as any to get input as I have looked at diets for this, but they were all like 70 mg protein for the day. I started looking at things like tuna and wheat bread and sodium adds up very fast. Even a can of green beans are 320 mg sodium. Also, if you can point out some good low sodium condiments that would be swell.

I have casually worked out for years until alcohol basically up to this point has ruined my life. So I want to hopefully take up bodybuilding as a substitute for alcohol. Sounds obvious from the beginning. Can someone help me out with this.

I figure almonds will be in there as well as salmon, baked potato, oats, apples, olive oil, oranges. Broccoli and spinach as well but my problem with those especially broccoli is if I put salsa or cheese on them, they are both high in sodium. Is chicken high in sodium? I cant overdo it with the protein either though but want to make gains.

I will find out how extensive the damage is next month but I had blood work done and liver enzymes checked out OK as well as the blood count. My bilirubin was elevated though so something is going on.

If anyone else has experiences like this, I would love to hear them.

JeffStrongman21
04-17-2014, 06:12 PM
Or really just a nice list of condiments and food that are high in protein/ good fats and low on sodium