PDA

View Full Version : MusclePharm Casein question...

winona78
04-16-2014, 12:46 PM
I just got my MusclePharm Casein - cookies and cream two days ago. First off, anyone have issues with the thickness of it? It's almost undrinkable. I used about 20 ounces of skim milk for two scoops and it was like chugging yogurt.

Then, when I used it again last night, I got so incredibly sick to my stomach that I puked twice and had the diarrhea about 12 times since then. I also started taking MP CLA CORE yesterday.

Any of you have experience with these two supplements? Do you think I'm having issue with my new supplements or does this sound more like food poisoning?

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

ironicinori
04-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Hmm. Never had their casein, but Combat Powder was the most mixable and best tasting protein I've ever had and it has their casein in it.

The CLA core could definitely give you an upset stomach if you went over the recommended dose. Or maybe your body just isn't used to one of these supps, and you should start out with a lower dose.

emergency
04-16-2014, 12:54 PM
are you lactose intolerant by chance? Casein is a much thicker mixing protein especially when you mix it with milk. Drop the CLA I have gad similar issues with CLA in the past especially if you take too much.

kissdadookie
04-16-2014, 12:56 PM
I just got my MusclePharm Casein - cookies and cream two days ago. First off, anyone have issues with the thickness of it? It's almost undrinkable. I used about 20 ounces of skim milk for two scoops and it was like chugging yogurt.

Then, when I used it again last night, I got so incredibly sick to my stomach that I puked twice and had the diarrhea about 12 times since then. I also started taking MP CLA CORE yesterday.

Any of you have experience with these two supplements? Do you think I'm having issue with my new supplements or does this sound more like food poisoning?

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

For all the crap that MP gets slammed for, their casein is actually very good. You may be wondering how something that mixes like concrete is very good, well, that's because it's 100% micellar casein. It's the real deal and that's the way 100% micellar casein mixes. ON Gold Standard Casein is the same way. Quality casein ='s mixes like concrete.

INGENIUM
04-16-2014, 01:17 PM
why would anyone want a 100% casein protein ?

kissdadookie
04-16-2014, 01:33 PM

They make great puddings/sludge/proats/cakes, lots of things. Plus I like them at night because it's more satiating.

xavengedx23
04-16-2014, 01:35 PM

The fluff.. Nuff said

Misctake7
04-16-2014, 01:58 PM
They make great puddings/sludge/proats/cakes, lots of things. Plus I like them at night because it's more satiating.I was thinking the very same while reading the OP. Is OP secretly trying to promote this product to posters that like sludge and cooking with protein?

lucia316
04-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Casein = great for cooking/baking/fluff/sludge and thick shakes. If you don't like em thick move to a blend or whey.

CLA, not even once.

mwolfgram90
04-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Hmm. Never had their casein, but Combat Powder was the most mixable and best tasting protein I've ever had and it has their casein in it.

The CLA core could definitely give you an upset stomach if you went over the recommended dose. Or maybe your body just isn't used to one of these supps, and you should start out with a lower dose.

The cookies and cream combat powder is great! Best taste ive found and mixes well!