PDA

View Full Version : Great fitting shirts?

dochuge
04-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Hey everyone,

Going on year 6 of my dedication to bodybuilding. I'd like to start dressing better, show off a little bit of my physique. I'm not talking walking around topless or wearing tank tops. I was thinking about getting some great tapered athletic fit shirts. Wide at the shoulders, narrow at the hips. Does anyone have a web site or company that offers really nice shirts like these? Trust me, I've looked but have come up empty. Any help in pointing me in the right direction on the web is greatly appreciated.

Corbi
04-13-2014, 02:27 PM
In for the mother fukkin in! Everyone loves clothing threads here.

DuracellBunny
04-13-2014, 03:27 PM
Get them from the same place that you get pants that fit from......

/hides

GuyJin
04-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Waiting for someone else to mention Afflication and TapOut shirts.:D

Seriously, OP, you have a great physique. Get something you feel comfortable in.

Corbi
04-13-2014, 03:49 PM
Waiting for someone else to mention Afflication and TapOut shirts.:D

And then he could emerge like Santa.

Jtbny
04-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Anything from baby gap should work.

steffo99
04-13-2014, 04:23 PM
I bought a bunch of stuff from this German shop and was happy with it in respect to fit and quality, everything except a short
sleeved shirt where the size was way too small. Sizes on jacket, sweater and long sleeves have been accurate for me.
It's very cheap but it's in German so unless they added an english option somewhere you might need to use google translate on some
things. I know they use black mannequins but the clothes I got were all from places like Turkey or eastern europe.
www.bolf.de/herrenmode/hemden/

http://www.blanklabel.com/
If you want to spend a little more you can create your own dress shirts here and use whatever measurements you want.
I was very happy with a black one I made - they use high quality textiles from Italy etc.

http://www.rushcoutureapparel.com/
T-shirts and more targeting the bodybuilder type I think. A little too expensive I think and too much print for my taste but
I've gotten 2 t-shirts from there and they fit well.

Good luck

AbleBonus
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
Once I started ordering custom shirts I can't buy anything off the rack. I've had great luck with tailoredshirts dot com but they quit retail sales unless you go to old12.tailoredshirts dot com - not sure if it works for new customers. They sell through men's stores now so you have to go in for measurements. I've also used moderntailor dot com with great success. The nice thing about moderntailor is that you can get your first shirt for $20 and then you can modify the measurements if they don't fit. They both take many measurements - yoke, sleeves, wrist, bicep, chest, stomach, hips, length. And you can pick from hundreds of fabrics, any collar option, contrast button stitching, any kind of button, any kind of cuff, any kind of placket, any kind of pocket, any back - split yoke, darts, etc. For anyone that lifts or is not 5'10" these things are from a different planet than off the rack shirts.

After you get the fit right you can order whatever fabric with confidence. I've found the higher the $$ on the fabric the better the quality. Good luck.

Old-Time-Lifter
04-13-2014, 04:54 PM
In for the mother fukkin in! Everyone loves clothing threads here.

In on epic thread...

Oceanside
04-13-2014, 06:19 PM
Hey everyone,

Going on year 6 of my dedication to bodybuilding. I'd like to start dressing better, show off a little bit of my physique. I'm not talking walking around topless or wearing tank tops. I was thinking about getting some great tapered athletic fit shirts. Wide at the shoulders, narrow at the hips. Does anyone have a web site or company that offers really nice shirts like these? Trust me, I've looked but have come up empty. Any help in pointing me in the right direction on the web is greatly appreciated.

too funny...

a 165 lb dwarf needs tailored shirts .

Phattso
04-13-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm too massive for regular shirts, so I just wear gangsta tanks to show off my ink and fibrahs. On Sundays I snap in my gold tooth.

dochuge
04-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Anything from baby gap should work.

Yes, I want to spread that shirt so tightly around my torso that you can see every damn muscle flex underneath it. You guys crack me up. I'm just asking for nice tapered shirts, wide at the shoulders, narrow at the hips. And no UFC shirts please!

dochuge
04-13-2014, 07:08 PM
too funny...

NOT asking for tailored shirts there all mighty 5' 11" person. I'm asking for athletic fit, tapered shirts. So it's tapered, NOT tailored.

Brackneyc
04-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Yes, I want to spread that shirt so tightly around my torso that you can see every damn muscle flex underneath it. You guys crack me up. I'm just asking for nice tapered shirts, wide at the shoulders, narrow at the hips. And no UFC shirts please!

Most guys dont need shirts like this. Go to upper end retailers. They sell more styles than Walmart.

Oceanside
04-13-2014, 07:40 PM
NOT asking for tailored shirts there all mighty 5' 11" person. I'm asking for athletic fit, tapered shirts. So it's tapered, NOT tailored.

short people make me giggle

V-240
04-13-2014, 07:50 PM
I go to Omar the Tentmaker myself.

GuyJin
04-14-2014, 02:57 AM
short people make me giggle
---

OS is a mutt!

:D

ticklemeelbow
04-14-2014, 04:30 AM
I just wear small shirts lol.

weiss1967
04-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Good clothes don't have to fit. It must a black hoody with "SUGARRAYS" + "professional boxing gym"+ "fight team" on it. Trust me, 60$ and you don't even have to spar. You can have beer gut and still look fit. Steers emotions better than shirt that shows your lousy artritic shoulders.

Paulie_G
04-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Believe it or not, Kohl's has a house brand of T's called "Apt. 7" that have the best athletic fit of any shirt I've ever worn, and they are DIRT cheap, but good quality. They are the ONLY T's I wear right now. Just right across the shoulders and chest, with a slight taper accross the waist. This is only regarding the solid color T's. Totally serious. Grab a couple. You will not regret it.

ajdahlheimer
04-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Affliction and at least 3 sizes too small.

polishedball
04-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Baby gap.

Tmax55
04-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Richard Bennett Custom Tailors in Milwaukee Wisconsin. I used to get all my suits and shirts made there when I was big. When I quit I was off the rack...now I am a tweener.

pharmamarketer
04-16-2014, 03:58 PM
too funny...

Well that cut thru all the crap and got straight to the point. I am still humored at what some muscle does to the branium

OS for mod

OP, I have little mice make my shirts while I sleep

kimm4
04-16-2014, 04:56 PM
http://www.monstaclothing.com/

Big_Sky_Guy
04-16-2014, 08:18 PM
For T-shirts: Lucky Brand and Monsta (which Kim just mentioned)

For 3-button polo: North Face, Cutter & Buck, Under Armour, Van Heusen

so-tex
04-16-2014, 09:32 PM
too funny...

a 165 lb dwarf needs tailored shirts .Somebody rep this b!tch!

cowboybiker
04-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Wifebeaters.

The more stains, the better.

CicadaKiller
04-17-2014, 12:56 AM
Bothers me how all shirts are bell shaped nowadays. It's like a dress for your stomach. Try on almost any shirt in front of the mirror and turn to the side, you will see what I mean. I know Americans are fat. But we are not that doggone fat.

Nashorn
04-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Bothers me how all shirts are bell shaped nowadays. It's like a dress for your stomach. Try on almost any shirt in front of the mirror and turn to the side, you will see what I mean. I know Americans are fat. But we are not that doggone fat.

This. It seems like most shirts are made for short fat people.

DocHoss
04-17-2014, 12:06 PM
I know Americans are fat. But we are not that doggone fat.
Been to WalMart lately? Heck, been to anywhere lately? Yes we are, it seems. A friend of mine complains that dress size numbers keep getting smaller - what used to be a size 4 is now a 0 (I don't remember the exact numbers). She's "lost" several sizes without getting any thinner. I guess it makes American women feel better - "I'm still a size 6!"

edit: I can fall victim too - I like the conference shirt I got a couple years ago - XXL barely fits me! I think they botched up the order and got kids sizes. Still, I like the illusion of filling a large shirt.

mrick40
04-17-2014, 12:10 PM
American Eagle athletic fit polos

mixbwoy
04-17-2014, 09:17 PM
The best fitting polo I have ever worn & for the price, you cannot beat it. Go to Target, try it on, thank me later.

http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-supply-co-men-s-short-sleeve-polo/-/A-14960757#prodSlot=medium_1_2

so-tex
04-17-2014, 09:32 PM
The best fitting polo I have ever worn & for the price, you cannot beat it. Go to Target, try it on, thank me later.

http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-supply-co-men-s-short-sleeve-polo/-/A-14960757#prodSlot=medium_1_2It's nice, but I don't like that sh!t on the end of the sleeve. I have no idea what you call it, but it hugs the arm and drives me bat sh!t crazy.

mixbwoy
04-17-2014, 10:19 PM
It's nice, but I don't like that sh!t on the end of the sleeve. I have no idea what you call it, but it hugs the arm and drives me bat sh!t crazy.

That would be my only gripe, but it doesn't bother me too much. The original version didn't have that & the collar was different. However, it's still extremely comfortable & the chest to torso ratio is the bee's knees.

so-tex
04-17-2014, 10:38 PM
That would be my only gripe, but it doesn't bother me too much. The original version didn't have that & the collar was different. However, it's still extremely comfortable & the chest to torso ratio is the bee's knees.Looking at that picture, that shirt looks very comfortable. Having a 52 inch chest and trying to get something to fit loosely can be a challenge at times. I hate anything tight around my body.

Bando
04-17-2014, 11:09 PM
I like the conference shirt I got a couple years ago - XXL barely fits me! I think they botched up the order and got kids sizes. Still, I like the illusion of filling a large shirt.

lulz, 153 lbs and a XXL barely fits? I'm 167 and most medium shirts are fine.

This thread comes up over and over, Van Heusen makes a "fitted" dress shirt that accommodates big shoulders and back without an extra yard of fabric hanging out of your pants at the waist. These are the best shirts I've found for a lifter's build.

Don't get me started on belts, which only start at 34-36 when I wear a 30-32

mixbwoy
04-17-2014, 11:09 PM
Looking at that picture, that shirt looks very comfortable. Having a 52 inch chest and trying to get something to fit loosely can be a challenge at times. I hate anything tight around my body.

These are definitely not loose fitting. They feel like a great athletic fit t-shirt.

so-tex
04-17-2014, 11:29 PM
These are definitely not loose fitting. They feel like a great athletic fit t-shirt.Then they're not for me. I have to have loose fitting 100% cotton shirts.

Oceanside
04-18-2014, 05:40 PM
this thread is gayer than "talking about our feelings" !

so-tex
04-18-2014, 06:02 PM

/CyBcHUe4WeQ

StressMonkey
04-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Don't get me started on belts, which only start at 34-36 when I wear a 30-32

Don't get ME started on belts!

Brackneyc
04-19-2014, 03:20 PM

Somebody please get me started on belts. I have a fix for those.

Corbi
04-19-2014, 03:56 PM

When I see the word "feeling" it always reminds me of the Hoff.
PJQVlVHsFF8

GuyJin
04-19-2014, 04:33 PM
When I see the word "feeling" it always reminds me of the Hoff.
PJQVlVHsFF8
--

Yeah, but his version ain't in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Always go with the original.

IronCharles
04-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Saw thread title, thought "This is new and exciting." Opened thread, everything going pretty much as expected.

Corbi
04-19-2014, 04:36 PM
--

Yeah, but his version ain't in Guardians of the Galaxy.

Always go with the original.

saw the trailer for that the other day and it looks pretty good. The raccoon character was cracking me up.

GuyJin
04-19-2014, 04:40 PM
saw the trailer for that the other day and it looks pretty good. The raccoon character was cracking me up.
---
Yeah, I know. I mean, where else are you going to see a racoon with anger management issues, a homicidal tree, a green slave girl--and Star Trek should sue the sh!t out of them for that one--and an actor who looks and acts like a pro wrestler because he IS a pro wrestler?

I'll watch it.

Bando
04-19-2014, 04:43 PM

Jr. section for you!

IronCharles
04-19-2014, 04:44 PM
And then he could emerge like Santa.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6154/6182168133_5e670a2dc9.jpg

BelloMuscolare
04-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Google Induro clothing, they have exactly what you need. I own a few shirts and they are perfect, i'd get a small if I were you and they accept returns.

Geoff Richards
04-23-2014, 05:26 PM
I feel the OP's pain
I too need better fitting shirts,the ones I buy are all loose around my biceps and chest
but tight around my belly

must be something wrong with how they are made

rsphillips1990
04-23-2014, 05:31 PM
Check out some of their shirts and stringers pretty much best fitting clothes ive found http://www.teamphysiq.com/rsphillips

beachguy498
04-23-2014, 05:38 PM
Believe it or not, Kohl's has a house brand of T's called "Apt. 7" that have the best athletic fit of any shirt I've ever worn, and they are DIRT cheap, but good quality. They are the ONLY T's I wear right now. Just right across the shoulders and chest, with a slight taper accross the waist. This is only regarding the solid color T's. Totally serious. Grab a couple. You will not regret it.

Aren't those Apartment 9? I have a few of their dress shirts, but they run real small and I wind up with an XXL... forget about buttoning the collars.

Rob