PDA

View Full Version : Evans > Watkins

FireBurner
04-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Mike Evans will be a better NFL player than Sammy Watkins!

Book it!!!

Carolina go get him!!!

kethnaab
04-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Carolina will have zero chance of getting Evans, nor should they try. They have too many holes to give up an entire draft to go get a guy who might not even be the best big receiver in the draft

FireBurner
04-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Wait....wat...you will take Kelvin Benjamin over Mike Evans?

Son I got some nad news for you...

BeauJ
04-13-2014, 09:28 AM
In on dangled bait thread

fly4navy117
04-13-2014, 09:30 AM
Mike Evans is gone 10-20 picks before Carolina is on the clock. I'm beginning to think Carolina goes best player available over reaching on a receiver in the first. There are going to be quality receivers in the 2nd and 3rd.

ko5567
04-13-2014, 09:33 AM
Watkins > Evans

I think carolina should go for marqise lee. Either way this draft is pretty loaded at WR.

dirtdickens
04-13-2014, 09:36 AM
Really no point in reaching for a WR with how many are in the top tier of the group. Im not sold on Watkins and really not sold on Evans.

Watkins strikes me as one of those guys that will go play on a bad team with no help. If he plays in a cold weather city he will give up.

CyberSheriff
04-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Hank Baskett > Watkins

James24WR
04-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Lol a much a id love the panthers to get Evans or Watkins they will both be gone by the time it's out turn. My guess is Panthers will get Benjamin or Cook.

sircharles032
04-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Mike Evans will be a better NFL player than Sammy Watkins!

Book it!!!

Carolina go get him!!!

You're wrong on all counts.

Carolina will have zero chance of getting Evans, nor should they try. They have too many holes to give up an entire draft to go get a guy who might not even be the best big receiver in the draft

Thank you everlasting voice of reason.

Carolina will probably end up going OL if there is someone there capable of starting at tackle on day 1. Just have a feeling that considering how many good WR there are in this draft (and after signing a few serviceable veterans)we may go that route in the 2nd and 3rd after we get that OL fixed up. Can't wait to find out.

kethnaab
04-13-2014, 12:25 PM
This is a fairly questionable draft class for OL.

BatmanBeGains
04-13-2014, 05:27 PM
It is closer than many make it seem but no. Sammy Watkins is clearly better than Mike Evans.

One fairly significant knock Evans is he has trouble when DBs lay their hands on him at the line of scrimmage... That's gonna happen A LOT in the NFL.

Carolina are going to regress this season, they have too many holes. They've got to come out of this draft with 2 starting DBs, a starting left tackle and an entire receiving corps.

BatmanBeGains
04-13-2014, 05:30 PM
This is a fairly questionable draft class for OL.

???

Really? It has 3 LTs that would have gone #1 in last year's draft.

You could argue that this year's draft is top heavy at left tackle but there is a lot of depth at Guard this year...

What makes you say it is questionable?

Swept
04-13-2014, 07:00 PM
Watkins is better

Panthers should draft Benjamin

Dangled
04-13-2014, 07:30 PM
In on dangled bait thread

Don't need to say anything. The sports misc brahs are already saying it for me. Sammy is the best WR since Megatron. Sammy Watkins will be a hall of famer

/thread

Jacket60
04-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Carolina are going to regress this season, they have too many holes. They've got to come out of this draft with 2 starting DBs, a starting left tackle and an entire receiving corps.

An entire receiving corps? Do what? Brb Greg Olsen, Jason Avant, Jericho Cotchery, Ed Dickson, Tiquan Underwood. I'm not saying this group is going to set the world on fire, but lets not act like they don't have anyone. In fact, I'd say the receiving corps this year will be better than last years, which wasn't spectacular. They have also already filled one of the CB spots when they signed Antoine Cason. Front 7 from last year still intact. I can't see the team regressing too much. The defense is too good. If they do regress, it'll be minimal, like maybe a 10 or 11 win season. As for the draft, I'm with the group that thinks they'll take either Benjamin or Cooks in round 1. Or, they could go best OL available and get someone like Jarvis Landry in the 2nd.

reverse79
04-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Don't need to say anything. The sports misc brahs are already saying it for me. Sammy is the best WR since Megatron. Sammy Watkins will be a hall of famer

/thread

Julio, dez, AJ, Demaryious , alshon are showing up to your burial

Fahnestock
04-13-2014, 08:01 PM
???

Really? It has 3 LTs that would have gone #1 in last year's draft.

You could argue that this year's draft is top heavy at left tackle but there is a lot of depth at Guard this year...

What makes you say it is questionable?

If by depth at guard you mean a few fringe 1st rounders and a decent collection of 4-5th rounders, then I guess. Not any guys that really jump out at you or even many guys who would be a plus starter year one. Good C class though.

BatmanBeGains
04-14-2014, 04:00 AM
An entire receiving corps? Do what? Brb Greg Olsen, Jason Avant, Jericho Cotchery, Ed Dickson, Tiquan Underwood. I'm not saying this group is going to set the world on fire, but lets not act like they don't have anyone. In fact, I'd say the receiving corps this year will be better than last years, which wasn't spectacular. They have also already filled one of the CB spots when they signed Antoine Cason. Front 7 from last year still intact. I can't see the team regressing too much. The defense is too good. If they do regress, it'll be minimal, like maybe a 10 or 11 win season. As for the draft, I'm with the group that thinks they'll take either Benjamin or Cooks in round 1. Or, they could go best OL available and get someone like Jarvis Landry in the 2nd.

Greg Olson is good and I like the Ed Dickson signing, gives them two above average pass catchers at TE (neither can block effectively though). That Wide Receiving core is poverty though and you know it. Not a single one of those guys would be even a top 3 receiver on a genuine contending team, which is what the Panthers SHOULD be considered based on that great front seven like you mentioned and on Cam's ability at quarterback.

They will regress this year for sure, significantly. Atlanta has improved and has a premium draft pick, the Saints implausibly got better and Tampa have got SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Carolina should have gone after James Jones, he wouldn't have cost much more per year than Ed Dickson and Jericho Cotchery combined and at least has potential to be a good #2 wide receiver.

As I said, Carolina are in an unenviable position this season. They need two DB's, a starting LT and an entire receiving core. Yet where they are picking, the good LT's will be gone and their pick is too late for the first round WR's and too early for the second round WR's and DB isn't their biggest need for them to pick one in the first, unless Ha Ha or Justin Gilbert inexplicably fall.

They need to pray that Benjamin, Cooks or Zach Martin fall to them, Jarvis Landry will not last until their second rounder either.

They're going to have to take a flyer on somebody like Cyrus Kouandjio or Antonio Richarson in the third round and hope that their injury concerns are overblown and they can start at LT.

I actually like Carolina so I'm not rubbing your face in it here, I'm just being realistic.

thegenerel
04-14-2014, 06:37 AM

they have a few 3rd WRs, congrats on that depth.

joedirt87
04-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Since the Bucs are going to take Evans at 7, I sure hope he's the better player.

FireBurner
04-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Since the Bucs are going to take Evans at 7, I sure hope he's the better player.

ok i take back what i said.....watkins rules

spillmouse
04-14-2014, 08:12 AM
Lol