PDA

View Full Version : cardio vs gaining muscle

flexyfish
04-12-2014, 04:20 AM
Need help ha ha

I used to cycle a lot, and got really skinny legs with a lot of endurance in them, but now i just go to the gym and build muscle to get bigger.

But how do i combine the two, or how much cycling, running, cardio etc can you do so it doesnt effect you building muscle but lose fat aswell.

Someone said do cardio before every training session, i thought that cant be right because every cardio device in the gym uses legs then you specificly train your legs one or two days in the week, plus you use them every day aswell.

I did say i needed help ha ha

Cheers sean

ArchAngel'73
04-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Weight training first, cardio last.
You'll need the glycogen reserves to fuel weight training.

I garner 30 min of cardio for CV health is just fine...even every day.

Throw running on top of that and it complicates things.

You're going to run (no pun intended) a fine line recovering from ALL of that but the key here is what can your body take and STILL recover from.

Be sure to find out your macros and eat enough to grow muscle.

Experiment, your body will dictate your limits and when it does, listen and stay outta the gym and off the track/road.

flexyfish
04-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Thankyou very much that as helped loads

cheers sean

FltDoc06
04-15-2014, 07:03 AM
For best results, separate cardio and resistance training by at least 4 hours. The hormonal effects from each tend to counteract one another otherwise; lifting reduces your endurance gains, and cardio reduces your strength/mass gains. Ideally, do cardio on days other than your lifting days. HIIT minimizes the negative impacts of cardio on lifting.