PDA

View Full Version : Is my preworkout supplement causing my insomnia?????

stonecold9120
04-11-2014, 09:46 AM
Apparently, in 1 scoop of my preworkout contains the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee. I take the 1 scoop of preworkout at 9:00 at night, which is when I go to the gym. I usually have to go to bed at midnight, but I find myself wide awake all night. I then feel tired during the day when I am not supposed to be. Is it my preworkout?

n0useforaname
04-11-2014, 09:51 AM
Apparently, in 1 scoop of my preworkout contains the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee. I take the 1 scoop of preworkout at 9:00 at night, which is when I go to the gym. I usually have to go to bed at midnight, but I find myself wide awake all night. I then feel tired during the day when I am not supposed to be. Is it my preworkout?

Why are you taking pre-workout? Do you actually NEED it to keep you motivated?

OldNewb29
04-11-2014, 09:53 AM
try a week with the pre workout...
try a week without the pre workout..

if you can't sleep with the pre workout, and you can sleep without the pre workout.. it might be the pre workout.

redmchalo
04-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Try taking your preworkout early in the morning on an empty stomach. Go to the gym as early as possible, early morning if you can

PBateman2
04-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Likely due to the pre-workout. Maybe just have a cup or half cup of coffee rather than the supplement?

Like Post #3 stated though…experiment.

3anan
04-11-2014, 10:31 AM
dont take any pre workout 6 hours prior to sleeping, pre workouts has ingredients that can keep you awake all night, try workingout in the morning, but never take pre workout at 9 at night and then say that you suffer from insomnia

Mrpb
04-11-2014, 10:31 AM

Could well be the caffeine.

I know if I drink coffee that late I wouldn't be able to sleep either.

bigdeadlift
04-11-2014, 10:43 AM
It is the pre workout. Caffeine stays in your system a long time, and 200mg is not a small dosing. If you are going to workout at night, going to have to go with a lower dosage. Try a cup of tea (srs).