PDA

View Full Version : You guys up for some BH drama? Pretty long read.

bodyhard
04-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Well here goes, about 3 months s ago my oldest nephew Joe got into a fight with his roommate (Joe is 40 by the way)

To start from the beginning Joe was dating the guys girlfriend while the guy was doing time, then Joe moved in with her. The guy comes out and moves in with them (yeah I know sick sh!t) but the guy did not care, just wanted a place to stay since he had just got out.

One day Joe was with his boys in the house getting high and drinking and they started f'cking with the dude (dude is a big guy 6'4" 240 maybe 260) but Joe was with a group of maybe 10 dudes so he did not say anything. It got out of hand and the guy tried to hit Joe and they pretty much jumped him, didn't hurt him but jumped him nonetheless.

The dude told Joe he was going to get him. Joe like an idiot forgot about it and one day he was home and the guy came in and started beating the crap out of my nephew. (My nephew is 5 9 maybe 170lbs) The guys girl also has two pitbulls and while they were fighting one of the Pits attacked Joe and started tearing his arm apart. Joe had a knife in his pocket, he pulled it out (he was laying on the couch, the guy on top of him pounding him and the dog biting him) and stabbed the guy like 8 times in his thighs. to get him off of him.

While all of this was happening the girl was calling the cops. When the cops got there they arrested Joe but took him to the hospital to attend his wounds from the dog bite (my nephews arm is destroyed) so he was handcuffed to the hospital bed

Fast forward Joe was let go with a court appearance, lawyer told my nephew he should be good, self defense, guy was bigger, the dog biting him and he did not stab him in the torso or upper body close to the heart/ head which would have been attempted murder.

With all of this Joe lost his job of 10 years and he moved in with my brother Nelson (Joe lived in Brooklyn Nelson lives in the Bronx) to try to get his sh!t back on track.

So today he calls me, tells me he wants to hang out with me this weekend as he thinks he is going to do time. When I said why, he said his lawyer called him, apparently some of Joe's boys saw the guy over the weekend and beat the crap out of the dude severely unbeknownst to Joe. And now the Judge wants to see Joe by Monday (they push the court date) accordingly to the lawyer they think Joe sent the guys and the lawyer said it doesn't look good for Joe.

I told Joe he should be good, he was here in the Bronx, he truly did not know anything about what his boys did.

If you were able to read the whole thing, what do you think?

SP1966
04-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I skipped to the end. Not sure what to think!

Old-Time-Lifter
04-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Well they're going to have to prove within a reasonable doubt that he put the guys up to it. Just because it 'looks' like he sent them doesn't prove anything as to him doing so. Now if some of his buddies testify that he did he's screwed.

SP1966
04-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Well they're going to have to prove within a reasonable doubt that he put the guys up to it. Just because it 'looks' like he sent them doesn't prove anything as to him doing so. Now if some of his buddies testify that he did he's screwed.

Nothing gets past those CSI:NY detectives!

bodyhard
04-10-2014, 09:54 PM

They would never say that, but they did mentioned him when they approached him and he told the cops that.

But Joe told me he truly had no idea.

so-tex
04-10-2014, 10:17 PM
Sorry for you nephew. If this kind of thing happened in Texas, it wouldn't even been an issue.

bodyhard
04-10-2014, 10:23 PM
Sorry for you nephew. If this kind of thing happened in Texas, it wouldn't even been an issue.

yeah Tex my nephew is a grown man and he has to take accountability, but this is just f'cked up because he never told them to do anything and now he might have to do a bid because of them.

hmmmm16417
04-10-2014, 11:08 PM
well..... with friends like that , he doesn't need any enemies?

they were trying to get "justice" for him obviously with the retaliation , and it's a good thing he DIDN'T know about it...... but it is what it is. He just needs to convince the judge that he had nothing to do with it.

unfortunately, your nephew has to pay for the lack of his friends thinking things through and weighing the consequences.

best thing for him to do is not associate with "his boys"

mtdman
04-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Sounds like a lot of drama and stupid decisions by Joe.

so-tex
04-10-2014, 11:52 PM
yeah Tex my nephew is a grown man and he has to take accountability, but this is just f'cked up because he never told them to do anything and now he might have to do a bid because of them.Man, that really sux. I hope everything works out in Joe's favor.

Sounds like a lot of drama and stupid decisions by Joe.Did anybody ever tell you that you mother was fuked by a donkey?

bodyhard
04-11-2014, 05:36 AM
well..... with friends like that , he doesn't need any enemies?

they were trying to get "justice" for him obviously with the retaliation , and it's a good thing he DIDN'T know about it...... but it is what it is. He just needs to convince the judge that he had nothing to do with it.

unfortunately, your nephew has to pay for the lack of his friends thinking things through and weighing the consequences.

best thing for him to do is not associate with "his boys"

Judge and Jury, he is going to trial.

mtdman
04-11-2014, 07:50 AM
Man, that really sux. I hope everything works out in Joe's favor.

Did anybody ever tell you that you mother was fuked by a donkey?

Thats not very nice.

GKC45
04-11-2014, 12:47 PM

Did anybody ever tell you that you mother was fuked by a donkey?You think he never met his father before?

Nikonguy
04-11-2014, 02:28 PM
Hope your nephew gets clear of this. The whole thing sounds pretty messed up.

Frnkd
04-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Now why doesnt the "boys" come out and say that he was not involved....well of course it would be confessing to that beating. Not sure how the culture in terms of some unwritten pact and loyalty etc, within his friends, but by them not taking responsibility for what they had done not only to that guy but to your nephew I would say THAT is f'cked. And, in that case your nephew will have to face the consequence, its his word against what seems obvious though circumstantial.

john-t-b
04-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Sucks that it happened.

I think he should be fine. The judge probably wants to know his "involvement" with his "boys". Like you said though he was with you.

The potential bigger issue here is that if Joe does any time he may end up somewhere that the "guy" did time. Then the "guy" might make some calls and he'll really have to watch his back.

I would have stabbed the dog first and I like dogs more than people. But then again he would have gotten charged with animal cruelty.

Good luck to him.

ridefattires
04-11-2014, 11:06 PM
I'd like to first say that it doesn't matter what anyone one thinks happened, it's what the DA can prove that matters. If the DA or the cops thought he put those guys up to it they would simply submit for a warrant and pick joe up. The fact that they did not suggests they currently do not have probable cause to arrest him.

This all may very well hinge on the testimony of the female that was present unless there are additional witnesses.
If joe was taking a serious beat down I would think he would have a significant number of injuries. If the fight was very one sided(joe losing) the attacker may have little or no injuries except for the stab wounds. Which supports joe's claim.

Now if the guy stopped beating joe and then joe stabbed him, not good.
Couple all of this with a dog attack that I would guess made it nearly impossible for joe to defend himself let alone escape if he wanted to. I'd say he is golden.

Case in point man in SUV runs over biker.
This is where a persons state of mind comes into play in court. How did joe feel mentally what was his intention.

Bottom line joe had the right to defend himself until the threat was gone. In some states that includes the opportunity to escape. I wish him luck.

Sorry that was long winded.

bodyhard
04-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Hope your nephew gets clear of this. The whole thing sounds pretty messed up.

I hope so to man.

Now why doesnt the "boys" come out and say that he was not involved....well of course it would be confessing to that beating. Not sure how the culture in terms of some unwritten pact and loyalty etc, within his friends, but by them not taking responsibility for what they had done not only to that guy but to your nephew I would say THAT is f'cked. And, in that case your nephew will have to face the consequence, its his word against what seems obvious though circumstantial.

nah they wont say that nor would Joe tell the cops Judge who did it. Its just the way of the streets.

Sucks that it happened.

I think he should be fine. The judge probably wants to know his "involvement" with his "boys". Like you said though he was with you.

The potential bigger issue here is that if Joe does any time he may end up somewhere that the "guy" did time. Then the "guy" might make some calls and he'll really have to watch his back.

I would have stabbed the dog first and I like dogs more than people. But then again he would have gotten charged with animal cruelty.

Good luck to him.

He wasn't with me, he was with my brother.

He could not stabbed the dog even if he wanted to, the guy was on top of him pounding on him the dog was biting his left arm, he grabbed the knife with his right arm (his free arm) and stabbed the guy on his left leg.

I'd like to first say that it doesn't matter what anyone one thinks happened, it's what the DA can prove that matters. If the DA or the cops thought he put those guys up to it they would simply submit for a warrant and pick joe up. The fact that they did not suggests they currently do not have probable cause to arrest him.

This all may very well hinge on the testimony of the female that was present unless there are additional witnesses.
If joe was taking a serious beat down I would think he would have a significant number of injuries. If the fight was very one sided(joe losing) the attacker may have little or no injuries except for the stab wounds. Which supports joe's claim.

Now if the guy stopped beating joe and then joe stabbed him, not good.
Couple all of this with a dog attack that I would guess made it nearly impossible for joe to defend himself let alone escape if he wanted to. I'd say he is golden.

Case in point man in SUV runs over biker.
This is where a persons state of mind comes into play in court. How did joe feel mentally what was his intention.

Bottom line joe had the right to defend himself until the threat was gone. In some states that includes the opportunity to escape. I wish him luck.

Sorry that was long winded.

Yeah Joe was busted up pretty bad and his arm is all f'cked up. The guy only sustained the stab wounds to the leg.

scullin
04-12-2014, 08:55 PM
I think he'll get off but seems to be making some bad decisions.

bodyhard
04-12-2014, 09:12 PM
I think he'll get off but seems to be making some bad decisions.

My nephew is notorious for making bad decisions :(

mikieson
04-13-2014, 12:57 PM
reading your drama threads "which tend to be about 100% of your threads" is as old as me complaining about not losing weight while eating macNcheese and BK..but you a good guy im sure..:D

Corbi
04-13-2014, 01:14 PM
reading your drama threads "which tend to be about 100% of your threads" is as old as me complaining about not losing weight while eating macNcheese and BK..but you a good guy im sure..:D

For once Mikie makes sense:D

bodyhard
04-13-2014, 04:16 PM

Nah Mikie yours is reoccurring same sh!t different day, mine are so many different sh!t's in my life, but I guess in a way its the same. But I know you are a good guy :D

mikieson
04-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Nah Mikie yours is reoccurring same sh!t different day, mine are so many different sh!t's in my life, but I guess in a way its the same. But I know you are a good guy :D
im messin with ya homie..:)

Bando
04-17-2014, 09:13 PM
It's interesting that the pit attacked Joe and not the bigger aggressor. Sounds like when the dude got out of prison Joe should have gotten out of the picture.