PDA

View Full Version : Muscle & Fitness Covers

Old-Time-Lifter
04-10-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/news-and-features/galleries/athletes-and-celebrities/15-worst-muscle-fitness-covers-all-time

I actually remember a bunch of these. Might even have a couple of them somewhere in a box.

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/sites/muscleandfitness.com/files/styles/width650/public/bad-cover-75-anniversary-may-1987.jpg?itok=R4kt9pRy

paolo59
04-10-2014, 12:18 PM
LOL There are several there that I remember from way back in the day.

TnRob
04-10-2014, 12:24 PM
I remember the March '84 issue in particular...Was a big fan of Samir after the '83 Mr O competition. Mostly went by content I was focusing on back then so that determined if an issue of anything was worth a portion of my measly monthly pay back then.

paolo59
04-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I remember the March '84 issue in particular...Was a big fan of Samir after the '83 Mr O competition. Mostly went by content I was focusing on back then so that determined if an issue of anything was worth a portion of my measly monthly pay back then.

Ha! Same here. Those 'bodybuilding' magazines weren't cheap, even back then! :( That particular issue that you mention is one that I remember as well.

TnRob
04-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Ha! Same here. Those 'bodybuilding' magazines weren't cheap, even back then! :( That particular issue that you mention is one that I remember as well.

Sami seemed to come out of nowhere in 1983 to take the title from Chris Dickerson. I was sure that Dickerson would repeat. But yeah, the prices were high for the era and always had to go off base to find these, when they could be found. Guys snatched them up like hotcakes..LOL.

KeepItMoving
04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
I have a bunch of these. As I recall, the magazine was just called "Muscle" Magazine before it got changed to Muscle and Fitness to broaden the purchasing crowd. I know I have these going back to the mid seventies somewhere. They're probably next to my stack of MAD magazines from the early to mid seventies and garbage bag of beer can collection.