PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Cycling While Bulking

ryanalfieri
04-09-2014, 06:28 PM
So I'm on my first bulk, and I want to do it as lean/clean as possible - but I'm struggling in maintaining the same calorie number every day.

For my lifestyle (I'm 24 and a social drinker), I consume a lot more calories on weekends. I also like to put a cheat day on Sunday, and use the rest of the week to kind of lean out the excess calories I packed on over the weekend.

For example, I need about 2600 calories to bulk (my metabolism sucks). I eat about 2000-2200/day during the week, and about 3500 a day on saturday and sunday (estimated) - it averages out to about 2600/calories a day. I train 6 days/week.

Would this be an effective bulking method? Or will I just put on fat on the weekends and lose gains during the week because the calories aren't consistent?

AlwaysTryin
04-09-2014, 06:59 PM
So I'm on my first bulk, and I want to do it as lean/clean as possible - but I'm struggling in maintaining the same calorie number every day.

For my lifestyle (I'm 24 and a social drinker), I consume a lot more calories on weekends. I also like to put a cheat day on Sunday, and use the rest of the week to kind of lean out the excess calories I packed on over the weekend.

For example, I need about 2600 calories to bulk (my metabolism sucks). I eat about 2000-2200/day during the week, and about 3500 a day on saturday and sunday (estimated) - it averages out to about 2600/calories a day. I train 6 days/week.

Would this be an effective bulking method? Or will I just put on fat on the weekends and lose gains during the week because the calories aren't consistent?

Why are you struggling?

Why do you need a CHEAT DAY when bulking?

ryanalfieri
04-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Why are you struggling?

Why do you need a CHEAT DAY when bulking?

I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks, I'm seeing some gains but some might just be from changing my routine. I've also seen a bit more fat gain than I wanted.

The cheat day just allows me to go overly excessive with calories for the day - just something I personally like to do but am open to stopping.

magician27
04-09-2014, 08:09 PM
yea , days you are not on surplus you are not gaining muscle properly , and days you are on large surplus you are putting on excess fat. you need to put stuff in order. have your cheat days maybe on your leg day and during week be on surplus consistently. protein synthesis requires energy and protein

softpounder
04-09-2014, 08:12 PM
I've only been doing it for a couple of weeks, I'm seeing some gains but some might just be from changing my routine. I've also seen a bit more fat gain than I wanted.

The cheat day just allows me to go overly excessive with calories for the day - just something I personally like to do but am open to stopping.

Slow it down =/

AlwaysTryin
04-09-2014, 09:19 PM

you don't get enough calories daily on your bulk to satisfy your needs? you need the binge?

ryanalfieri
04-10-2014, 06:19 AM
you don't get enough calories daily on your bulk to satisfy your needs? you need the binge?

I don't need the binge, I would just prefer to do it that way if I could. But if it makes a difference I'll stop.

AlwaysTryin
04-10-2014, 02:18 PM
I don't need the binge, I would just prefer to do it that way if I could. But if it makes a difference I'll stop.

It's just not a healthy mindset is all, going all out on a massive binge day each week