PDA

View Full Version : I can't catch a break

marinevet63031
04-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Guys,
I am really down in the dumps... I had a bone density test last week. The results aren't good. I mentioned before about doing the show in July and the braces on my knees, ankle and back. Well I have a wheelchair and have been happy that I only needed it for distances and the gym.

Well not anymore, the chair is now with me period. I am fortunate and glad that I can get around my house for the time being without it but that is the exception. Man this just sucks.

GuyJin
04-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Not to be insensitive, but did your doctor tell you that this might happen or were you hoping for a best case scenario? I don't know about the parameters of your injuries, so all I can say is stay strong and keep training. Wheelchair or no, your efforts are more than admirable and very inspiring.

marinevet63031
04-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Thanks man,
While in the Marines I suffered combat injuries. I wear an ankle brace, 2 knee braces, and back brace. Joint degradation has been continuous. However, even though I have a wheelchair I thought that bodybuilding with Cybex and hammer strength machines would get me away from the chair in a manner of speaking.
Well the bodybuilding has done wonders but can't keep me out of the chair.

GuyJin
04-09-2014, 05:47 AM
That totally sucks. Really sorry to hear that you have to go through all that. Nothing but respect for what you've accomplished in spite of your injuries. Stay strong.

StressMonkey
04-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks man,
While in the Marines I suffered combat injuries. I wear an ankle brace, 2 knee braces, and back brace. Joint degradation has been continuous. However, even though I have a wheelchair I thought that bodybuilding with Cybex and hammer strength machines would get me away from the chair in a manner of speaking.
Well the bodybuilding has done wonders but can't keep me out of the chair.

Can't imagine what you're going through. Much respect and stay strong.

mcbourque
04-10-2014, 06:39 PM
I am so sorry to hear about what you must be going through. My deepest respect.

Old-Time-Lifter
04-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear of your condition. Don't let anything get you down you've done so well keep pressing forward.

marinevet63031
04-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Thanks guys,
I needed the moral support. I made it to the gym at 730 am and did a back and biceps workout. I had a few pics done and uploaded. I have been tracking my workouts and things on my bodyspace.

RestoringTally
04-12-2014, 07:11 PM
Thanks guys,
I needed the moral support. I made it to the gym at 730 am and did a back and biceps workout. I had a few pics done and uploaded. I have been tracking my workouts and things on my bodyspace.

We really have no control over the cards we are dealt in life. But what does matter is how we play those cards we are dealt. You, sir, are playing well. May you continue doing so for a long time.