PDA

View Full Version : Golfer John Daly - smokes 40 cigarettes & drinks 10-12 cans of diet Coke

sojomojo
04-07-2014, 07:16 PM
John Daly is a "poster child" for self-destruction. Smoking 40 cigarettes and drinking 10-12 cans of diet Coke daily is simply mind boggling to me. I was hoping John Daly would get his life in order and lead a clean and healthy existence, if not for himself, at least for his son; but he's on a quick exit to the land of no return.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/apr/07/john-daly-masters-golf-young-dumb-90s

The fitness regimes of those young players are less interesting to Daly. "I'm overweight and everything but we are all fit; we walk six or seven miles a day, that's plenty of exercise for most people," he says.

"Some guys want to do a little more cardio training; I can't see me being allowed to smoke a cigarette on a treadmill. I don't think they will let me into the gym if I do that. Will they?"

pharmamarketer
04-07-2014, 08:27 PM
And that angers you? Life is that way>>><<<<<>>>><<<<^^^^^. Go live it.

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 05:09 AM
Good to hear he has been sober 6 years. Didn't know that.

12 cans of Diet Coke can be carcinogenic though. And obviously the smoking.

Gambling is his biggest vice though and that activity just enhanced/encouraged the other vices (smoking/drinking).

beachguy498
04-08-2014, 05:41 AM
A real shame to be in that condition at age 47 when he could still be a competitive golfer. Some people have lower goals than otehrs.

Rob

poundXpound
04-08-2014, 06:01 AM
Could care less about John Daly's fitness (or lack therof). It's enough to keep focused on my diet/lifting....

Phattso
04-08-2014, 07:00 AM
So? It's his problem. Got anything better to do than judge other people? If he wants to live his life that way, he can. Doesn't bother me.

crupiea
04-08-2014, 07:30 AM
I used to smoke almost that much plus drank many times per week and my diet was horrible. Its not the end of existence but of course one cant do it forever.

I never did any workouts of any sort other than carrying more beer from the car to the fridge. i passed all my navy fitness tests just fine and am in fine shape today.

Ran 2 10k's and a 5k this week. Of course I cleaned myself up some but I did fine with it until i was in my 40's.

I am hardly counting the minutes until he kicks the bucket.