PDA

View Full Version : Race Riots!

SP1966
04-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Great show ya old geezers!!

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI

Raise your hand if you got bunched panties watching this!

UnaChispita
04-06-2014, 06:39 PM
That was a show!!

Archie was such a bigot, but the show addressed so many topics related to race, sex, religion, family.

SP1966
04-06-2014, 06:42 PM
That was a show!!

Archie was such a bigot, but the show addressed so many topics related to race, sex, religion, family.

Archie was a bigot, but he wasn't hateful, just very naive and misguided!

Phattso
04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k621/MarkOne1/Biden.jpg (http://s1119.photobucket.com/user/MarkOne1/media/Biden.jpg.html)

so-tex
04-06-2014, 06:46 PM
Archie was a bigot, but he wasn't hateful, just very naive and misguided!Yup. One of my all time favorite T.V. series.

paolo59
04-06-2014, 07:33 PM
That program was pretty 'cutting edge' for its' day. Very well written and acted. In all of the outright hilarity, it touched on some pretty sensitive issues. I never got the feeling that I was being preached at, that one viewpoint or another was being crammed down my throat. It was just there on the screen. Pretty raw and honest sometimes. Some of those arguments between Archie and Edith were wrenching. Good television! I can't say the same about a good many shows on television today.

cowboybiker
04-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Meatheads

corepuncher
04-06-2014, 07:58 PM
On my DVR right now.

Damn, you had politics, race and religion all in one. And somehow, they kept it all unbiased. Brilliant.

Frnkd
04-06-2014, 11:59 PM
couldn't stop laughing..... "those were the days"

Thanks for the memories SP

:D

GuyJin
04-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Funny show. Loved watching it when it was on.

When my wife's parents flew from Osaka back to Toronto to meet my mother for the first time, naturally there was a bit of difficulty communicating, but we all got along. I do remember, though, that when my second son was born, my father-in-law met me at the hospital and said, "I just saw the baby. He looks just like you. He's white."

If I didn't know my FIL so well, I would have face-palmed hard. As it was, I just laughed. My mother thought it amusing.

All in the Family was a good show. It zinged everyone.

Bushmaster
04-07-2014, 05:05 AM
That show would never happen today... even if it did somehow make it past the pilot episode, there would be much "wailing and gnashing of teeth." Archie would be burned in effigy, and there would be guilty white liberals calling for his head on a stake..

Same with Blazing Saddles.. There have been discussions right here at BB.com (O35 section too IIRC) talking about whether or not it should be banned for using the n-word. Completely disregarding the fact that the black guy was the star, the only one with a sane brain in the whole movie, and came out on top at the end.. "ZOMG it's teh racist!" :rolleyes:

NorwichGrad
04-07-2014, 05:10 AM
"Those are not chopsticks!! Those are chink pick ups!!" LOL.

Archie was a true "equal opportunity" kinda guy.. He treated everyone fairly and he was NOT afraid to speak his mind.

paolo59
04-07-2014, 05:10 AM
That show would never happen today... even if it did somehow make it past the pilot episode, there would be much "wailing and gnashing of teeth." Archie would be burned in effigy, and there would be guilty white liberals calling for his head on a stake..

Same with Blazing Saddles.. There have been discussions right here at BB.com (O35 section too IIRC) talking about whether or not it should be banned for using the n-word. Completely disregarding the fact that the black guy was the star, the only one with a sane brain in the whole movie, and came out on top at the end.. "ZOMG it's teh racist!" :rolleyes:

LOL Mel Brooks is a comic genius! :)

quicksand jesus
04-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Great show ya old geezers!!

*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuznDnDlTuI

Raise your hand if you got bunched panties watching this!

Appalled! 😉... Loved Archie and George!