PDA

View Full Version : My wife and I

bodyhard
04-06-2014, 09:26 AM
This woman (Patty) is the love of my life, she gave me a scare 3 weeks ago where I thought I would have lost her. She is doing much better now, stopped smoking cigarettes, fixed her diet and is going to start exercising soon. She was diagnosed with a clogged artery she is 50

I f'ck around alot on these boards (and on FB, IG etc etc) and in real life, flirting/joking with lots of woman but one thing is for sure I would never cheat on this women, nor would I ever turn my back on her ever

She is my rock, my world, without her I would be either dead or in prison, she has put up with my sh!t for 32 years and has loved me unconditionally.

I figured I give her some much deserved props on here as I rarely put up pictures of her. This was her and I last night at Edos a Hibachi restaurant.

I know most of the folks on here don't like me, but do not hate on my wife due to my stupidity, she is truly an angel.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj74/bodyhard_2008/PattyandI_zpsc897dc84.jpg (http://s269.photobucket.com/user/bodyhard_2008/media/PattyandI_zpsc897dc84.jpg.html)

Kiennor
04-06-2014, 09:34 AM
A good faithful woman that will stand by your side through it all is a hard find man. Congrats. My wife has been by my side for 17 years. I couldn't imagine what life would be like without her.

TTCJoe
04-06-2014, 09:36 AM
congrats on 32 years of marriage... glad to hear she is doing ok, I'm sure knowing you stand by her must have helped her through.

nice pic btw.

so-tex
04-06-2014, 10:21 AM
What's the saying? "hate BH, but not his wife?" J/K. Congrats on the 32 years. I'm going on 26 years myself. Great pic of you and Patty.

latebloomingmom
04-06-2014, 10:24 AM
with all the posts I see in here griping about spouses and how they dont measure up somehow
its nice to see someone say something good and positive about the person they have in their life :)

so-tex
04-06-2014, 10:32 AM
with all the posts I see in here griping about spouses and how they dont measure up somehow
its nice to see someone say something good and positive about the person they have in their life :):confused:

latebloomingmom
04-06-2014, 10:38 AM
:confused:not you of course but in time I have been on here there have been so many about how my spouse is _____ . makes me cringe and wonder what their spouse would say if she or he knew they were being talked about on a public forum in such a way..

just saying its nice to see someone praise instead of complain :D

MiklaDfar
04-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Congrats on the 32 years! Nice to see this type of post on here. My wife puts up with a lot of crap from me as well. Just went through a bout of cancer and had surgery in January... she helped me make some tough decisions and not sure what I would have done without her by my side.

mcbourque
04-06-2014, 11:54 AM
What a great picture!
She is a truly a beautiful lady. Congrats on staying by each other for so long. Hoping for her prompt recovery :)

lynore
04-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Very nice pic of you and Patty. Congrats on the 32 years. It's really nice to see positive comments about a spouse. Wishing her a very speedy recovery.

I'm married 38 years myself and can't say enough good things about the hubs.

NorwichGrad
04-06-2014, 12:35 PM
I was gonna one-star this thread because it's a BH tradition, but I was so touched by the sincerity of this thread that I 5-starred it..

May the Good Lord continue to bless your marriage and family..

velvetmudhole
04-06-2014, 12:38 PM
OP, it sounds like you have a good woman and you realize you're human. Stay faithful and let that woman know how much you love her everyday.

eomrat
04-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Best post in months!!

UnaChispita
04-06-2014, 12:55 PM
What a lovely pic!

V-240
04-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Such a great photo of two people obviously made for each other. :)

bodyhard
04-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks everyone, I know the folks who have met Patty and I IRL know how strong our relationship is, and although I don't need to justify my actions (acting a fool on here although I am married) it still needs mentioning how much I love this woman.

Almost losing her or at the very least thinking I was, just confirmed just how much I love her.

Again, just wanted you guys to know, although I can be an ass on here, there is still someone who can set me straight in a heartbeat.

Thanks again for not knocking the thread, wouldn't want Patty to be hated by association on BB.com

Cablebob
04-06-2014, 01:13 PM
I hope I can make a post similar to this in 28 years.

I wish you and you wife many more years together.

marcodeniro
04-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Congrats on the 32 years together and many more. Wish also a speedy recovery

Bando
04-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Great pic BH! Glad to read Patty is on the mend!

StressMonkey
04-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Very glad she's doing better!

quicksand jesus
04-06-2014, 03:53 PM
Big ups ... Glad to see she's on the mend.

bodyhard
04-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Thanks all she is a trooper and she will get through this.

GreenWave1
04-07-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm really glad to hear that she is doing better. Quitting smoking is huge. Congrats to her. You're a good family man. With your help, she'll get there faster.

MarkDL
04-07-2014, 07:23 AM
Damnit, now I kinda feel bad for all the times I 1-star'ed your posts...it's OK, I'm over it now.

Glad she's doing better.

wulf88
04-07-2014, 09:35 AM
John, a very nice picture of you guys! Glad she is doing better and making the effort to improve her health!

o0o0
04-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Very nice!! - both the pic and what you've said :)

beachguy498
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm going on 31 years here, but my wife is still undergoing chemo and all the other not fun things with her pancreatic cancer. She has her good and bad days, I have found a whole 'nother appreciation for her within the last 6 months. I'm one of those guys who has never said a bad word about his wife, she's been rock solid year in and year out for as long as I've known her.

The current chemo is rough on her, if she can come out on the other side of it, lots of us will be very grateful.

Rob

GKC45
04-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Nice looking lady. Sounds like you two have figured out how to make it last.

Big_Sky_Guy
04-07-2014, 11:26 AM
Great pic!

amoroque
04-07-2014, 11:28 AM
And this is what its all about OP, the quest for happiness, and you obviously found it.

mirin'

bodyhard
04-07-2014, 02:22 PM
Ironically when we first started 32 years ago people said we would not last because I was PR and she was Irish 5 kids 6 grandchildren later we are still going strong.

beachguy498
04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Ironically when we first started 32 years ago because I was PR and she was Irish 5 kids 6 grandchildren later we are still going strong.

Funny... I married the PR girl from Brooklyn and I'm the Czech-British mutt. No grandkids.. believe me I can wait.

raynerd
04-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Great post BH, so nice to see the love after all those years. You are a lucky man.

hmmmm16417
04-07-2014, 04:19 PM
BH, this thread made me dislike you a little less lol. Just dont post like this too often or we may think you will end up changing your name to bodysoft ;)

Congrats and hope she keeps going strong with the healthy changes. You can definitely support her on that!
Glad she is doing well.

Zenshi
04-07-2014, 05:17 PM
As always BodyHard, respecting your strong relationship with with Patty. Both of you look excellent in that pic.

Best wishes to both you, your wife and family.

bodyhard
04-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Funny... I married the PR girl from Brooklyn and I'm the Czech-British mutt. No grandkids.. believe me I can wait.

I wanted to wait to, but my kids had other plans :d

Great post BH, so nice to see the love after all those years. You are a lucky man.

Thank you

BH, this thread made me dislike you a little less lol. Just dont post like this too often or we may think you will end up changing your name to bodysoft ;)

Congrats and hope she keeps going strong with the healthy changes. You can definitely support her on that!
Glad she is doing well.

LOL, thanks man.

As always BodyHard, respecting your strong relationship with with Patty. Both of you look excellent in that pic.

Best wishes to both you, your wife and family.

Thank you

jtroster
04-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Mazel Tov on your 32 years of love. May there be many more.

tandpr
04-08-2014, 02:22 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the reminder to let my wife know how much I love her. Its not something that comes easy for me, but I do think its VERY important. Good on ya

john-t-b
04-08-2014, 02:29 PM
BH I wish you and Patty the best.

At least they found it soon enough so that something less invasive can be done unlike what happened in my case.
Don't ever be afraid to get a second opinion or question the Dr. I know how shy you can be.
I was told when I went through my ordeal "Even at Med. school someone has to Graduate at the bottom of the class."

bodyhard
04-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Once again thanking all the new folks who have wished her well

BH I wish you and Patty the best.

At least they found it soon enough so that something less invasive can be done unlike what happened in my case.
Don't ever be afraid to get a second opinion or question the Dr. I know how shy you can be.
I was told when I went through my ordeal "Even at Med. school someone has to Graduate at the bottom of the class."

What happen to you if you don't mind.

I think Patty is going for a second opinion because sometimes she still feels the pain, she is not sure if it is anxiety bringing it on or what.

DocHoss
04-09-2014, 11:36 AM
How could anyone hate Patty? Pity/admire/she's crazy for putting up with you, maybe. Or perhaps canonization:D

I have a great respect and admiration for your marriage. From what I gather, she is a remarkable woman, and I am praying that all turns out well for her.

I'd rep you for your rare flash of humility and vulnerability (brb, running for cover here!), but I'm on spread with you.

As my freshman roommate, now M.D., told me, "You know what they call the one who graduates at the bottom of the class? Doctor."

Cass40
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
This kind of post makes me very happy :). I'm so happy for you guys.

This just proves that true love exists. <3

bodyhard
04-09-2014, 02:53 PM
How could anyone hate Patty? Pity/admire/she's crazy for putting up with you, maybe. Or perhaps canonization:D

I have a great respect and admiration for your marriage. From what I gather, she is a remarkable woman, and I am praying that all turns out well for her.

I'd rep you for your rare flash of humility and vulnerability (brb, running for cover here!), but I'm on spread with you.

As my freshman roommate, now M.D., told me, "You know what they call the one who graduates at the bottom of the class? Doctor."

I know she is an angel, but so many people on here hate me, I thought they would take it out on her and that is not fair to her....Thanks for the props.

This kind of post makes me very happy :). I'm so happy for you guys.

This just proves that true love exists. <3

Love sure does exist!

Whiskeyjack
04-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Nice story, nice pic. I hope she'll be fine. Best.

john-t-b
04-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Once again thanking all the new folks who have wished her well

What happen to you if you don't mind.

I think Patty is going for a second opinion because sometimes she still feels the pain, she is not sure if it is anxiety bringing it on or what.

Sorry to take so long getting back to you work has been crazy lately.
I had a triple bypass.
I was having chest pain shortness of breath and numbness in the hands and feet (that's what made me go to the DR).
I told the original Dr that I had Diabetes and hadn't been taking care of it. I could go on forever about this but, the original Dr. paid no attention to me until I told him to take his face out of the computer. He then told me it's stress/anxiety and I need to get back in shape. Told me to go to the gym and get on the treadmill. Didn't even want to do a stress test until I told him to make sure his malpractise is paid up because if I drop dead on the treadmill my wife and kids are going to have a nice house and good college education.

I have "shtty genetics" told by another Dr after the surgey. Lots of other issues constantly trying to get corrected.

john-t-b
04-11-2014, 02:51 PM

I agree 100% but everyone makes mistakes was my point.

OregonLife
04-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Good luck man. Glad she is changing her habits. Been married 17 yrs (yesterday) and wouldn't trade her for anything. These young miscers will figure it out at some point. At 35 and older life is takes on a different meaning and that woman is going to be with you until the end. Worth doing everything you can to hold on to and cherish. My wife almost lost me on two separate occasions. It will strengthen your bond.

discdoggie
04-12-2014, 06:58 AM
its nice to see someone say something good and positive about the person they have in their life :)

This. ^^^^

I have had the pleasure of meeting Patty twice. :). One thing is clear: she ADORES her crazy husband. :D. She is a fine woman and BH knows how lucky he is.

bodyhard
04-12-2014, 12:06 PM
You are correct DD