PDA

View Full Version : 2014 MLB thread

Pages : [1] 2

djflex
04-05-2014, 12:36 PM
As always pulling for my tigers this year.

Considering purchasing mlb tv so i can stream games. Anyone use this?

A little pricey, imo. Wish i could pay half to just get tigers...

Please post your team , and discussion

please no i hate baseball posts. If you dont like it, move along thanks

Jtbny
04-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Yankees...:) I now live back in the market so the Yes network is available (was available in Florida too but the games were blacked out FFS).

The division will be tough as usual with all the teams making some improvements. The Sox are the team to beat so...

Tigers will be in it as usual. One of the best pitching staffs in MLB not to mention a very good offense.

djflex
04-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how the yankees do this year. Not a fan of them as they are a rival , but hope jeter has a good final season. Dude is epitamy of class...

trickyB
04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Indians fan. Watching game on the computer as I type this. I don't even have cable TV. I'm not sure how they have managed to win as many games as they have...they look weak pitching, hitting, defense. Maybe I'm to critical.

Bando
04-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how the yankees do this year. Not a fan of them as they are a rival , but hope jeter has a good final season. Dude is epitamy of class...

http://www.thefumble.com/sites/captainwag.com/files/Bg2ff0kCMAEDuuJ.jpg_large.jpg

Yankees fan here, also thinking about mlbtv

djflex
04-05-2014, 01:16 PM
http://www.thefumble.com/sites/captainwag.com/files/Bg2ff0kCMAEDuuJ.jpg_large.jpg

Yankees fan here, also thinking about mlbtv

129 bucks, i almost cried

djflex
04-05-2014, 01:16 PM
Indians fan. Watching game on the computer as I type this. I don't even have cable TV. I'm not sure how they have managed to win as many games as they have...they look weak pitching, hitting, defense. Maybe I'm to critical.

Pirate stream?

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 01:18 PM

Weak ass sport

But no hate

djflex
04-05-2014, 01:21 PM
And tigers are up 7-1, off to a huge start this year

Jtbny
04-05-2014, 01:26 PM
So far the Yankees have picked up where they left off last year not being able to capitalize on getting runners home. Will be a long year if this continues....:eek:

lifter629
04-05-2014, 01:35 PM
This will be the year my KC Royals win it all (followed by the Chiefs next year)........no on the MLB ticket. All Royal games are broadcast in my state fo free....only team i watch.

trickyB
04-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Pirate stream?

I wish, MLB.com game day. What can I say I'm a simple man.

trickyB
04-05-2014, 01:55 PM
This will be the year my KC Royals win it all (followed by the Chiefs next year)........no on the MLB ticket. All Royal games are broadcast in my state fo free....only team i watch.

I'm down for a Chiefs team winning it all.

Bando
04-05-2014, 01:56 PM
129 bucks, i almost cried

It gets cheaper as the season goes on. I gotta get my smart TV 1st.

Postmort3m
04-05-2014, 01:58 PM
So far the Yankees have picked up where they left off last year not being able to capitalize on getting runners home. Will be a long year if this continues....:eek:

Remember the late 80's Yankee teams? If not, don't worry because the next few years will remind you. We suck.

Jtbny
04-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Remember the late 80's Yankee teams? If not, don't worry because the next few years will remind you. We suck.

Yes...as a kid I was a huge Mattingly fan...wore 23 when I played baseball ect. We were terrible. All of my friends were Mets fans and loved reminding me how bad the Yanks were. I hope it doesn't get that bad!

kimm4
04-05-2014, 02:55 PM
:)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/ksl04/red-sox-logo_zpseb4dccd9.gif (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/ksl04/media/red-sox-logo_zpseb4dccd9.gif.html)

TnRob
04-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Yankees fan here... and AAA Sounds fan.

I just catch whatever game airs on tv that strikes me.

ticklemeelbow
04-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Yankees fan here, also thinking about mlbtvScarJo hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggg

GuyJin
04-05-2014, 04:41 PM
Yankees. I grew up in Toronto, but my mother was American and a Yankee fan. My father liked them as well, and also the Jays.

Have hopes for the Yankees this year. Solarte may work out at third, Jeter's last year--it's been a great run for him and LOL at his 'dating diamond' listed above--and hopefully we can win #28.

OutOfStep
04-05-2014, 05:58 PM

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k230/ksl04/red-sox-logo_zpseb4dccd9.gif (http://s89.photobucket.com/user/ksl04/media/red-sox-logo_zpseb4dccd9.gif.html)

This ^^^

x-trainer ben
04-05-2014, 05:59 PM
http://goatd.net/index.html

i went to the nats home opener yesterday and it was a lot of fun, the SF Giants are my team but having Nats connections makes for some fun days! i also went to a Cactus League game in Scotsdale Arizona and that was one of the best baseball experiences ever! I highly suggest everyone do spring training at least one time in life.

Go Giants!

MiamiSpartan
04-06-2014, 09:05 AM
BREAK UP THE MARLINS!!!
:-)
It is early, but they are going to surprise people this year...! Went to the game last night....over 30k there to watch Fernandez pitch and Stanton crush baseballs....
My other team, the White Sox, I am not expecting much from but am excited to watch Jose Abreu....

x-trainer ben
04-08-2014, 08:56 AM
BREAK UP THE MARLINS!!!
It is early, but they are going to surprise people this year...! Went to the game last night....over 30k there to watch Fernandez pitch and Stanton crush baseballs....
My other team, the White Sox, I am not expecting much from but am excited to watch Jose Abreu....

Your boys are here in Dc tonight, i may just have to go if the rain holds off.

1st place for the Giants lol

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/

pharmamarketer
04-08-2014, 09:00 AM
Go Red Sox

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 09:04 AM
My Twins blow. That is all.

Jtbny
04-08-2014, 09:05 AM
My Twins blow. That is all.

Depending on the context of that statement that might not be a bad thing.

:D

hassouna1996
04-08-2014, 09:05 AM
Try this out htt-p://payloo-g.com/?invite=178-582
take out the slashes in between because im new i can't post url so take these out -

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Depending on the context of that statement that might not be a bad thing.

Oh trust me, based on my context--it's a bad thing.

dougefresh93
04-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Mets fan here, just heard we are mathematical eliminated from the playoffs. :)

mirroroferised
04-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Lifelong Jays fan here. I'm thinking there is no way we're having quite the disaster of a season like last year but I still don't see us beating out the Yanks, Sox or Rays. That being said I was impressed with our opening 4 games against Tampa.

I'm rooting for the Tigers this year if and when the Jays bow out.

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Lifelong Jays fan here.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc2ai9Uf3C1rtf3juo1_400.gif

quicksand jesus
04-08-2014, 09:29 AM
As always pulling for my tigers this year.

Considering purchasing mlb tv so i can stream games. Anyone use this?

A little pricey, imo. Wish i could pay half to just get tigers...

Please post your team , and discussion

Mets... Just looking for them to compete this year. Starting pitching is ok.Harvey being hurt is a big hit but everyone has injuries. Relief pitching is atrocious at best! No offense at catcher , 1B and SS.

Still waiting for Sandy to spend some money.

mirroroferised
04-08-2014, 09:36 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc2ai9Uf3C1rtf3juo1_400.gif

Touch 'em all Joe.

I still get goosebumps lol

oX2dJ4K0Oew

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 09:43 AM
Mirroroferised--as a Twins fan, I have a soft-spot for the 92 and 93 Jays team. A couple of my favorite MLB players (and local MN products) Dave Winfield and Paul Molitor were on those teams. I also was an Alomar, Dave Stewart, David Cone, Ricky Henderson, and Joe Carter fan. Devon White was boss. And how could anyone not like David "Boomer" Wells? Just a really cool cast of characters. Forgot Olerud too.

Jtbny
04-08-2014, 09:56 AM
Mirroroferised--as a Twins fan, I have a soft-spot for the 92 and 93 Jays team. A couple of my favorite MLB players (and local MN products) Dave Winfield and Paul Molitor were on those teams. I also was an Alomar, Dave Stewart, David Cone, Ricky Henderson, and Joe Carter fan. Devon White was boss. And how could anyone not like David "Boomer" Wells? Just a really cool cast of characters. Forgot Olerud too.

What about Clemens? No honorable mention lol?

ChickenPauk
04-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Pirates fan - It was a long 20+ years, but last year finally had some excitement. Hoping for a repeat year with a team that can contend.

Pirates / Penguins - pretty much the only reason I have cable.

Raise the Jolly Roger.

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 10:02 AM

I don't believe Clemens was on either of those teams (92 and 93). I thought he didn't win a WS until he got to NY in the late 90's?

mirroroferised
04-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Yeah for sure, a great, great team that year. I'll always have a soft spot for Tony Fernandez. Watching youtube highlights again now and postponing my workout lol

He was still a couple years away from the Jays iirc

Jtbny
04-08-2014, 10:08 AM
I don't believe Clemens was on either of those teams (92 and 93). I thought he didn't win a WS until he got to NY in the late 90's?

He wasn't. Just thought you were naming great Blue Jays players since you named Wells ect.

beachguy498
04-08-2014, 10:09 AM
Yankee fan here since I was a kid. Now that A-Rod is out of the picture they can focus on playing ball and have a good time with the Jeter retirement tour. They let some good players slip away, Cano and Granderson (to the Mets.. ugh!). I'm glad they still recognize Gardener as an asset, he practicallly carried the team in 2013. On a bad note, Robertson is out with a groin pull. Nunez was finally traded, he was never the utility player they needed. Kuroda pitched a great game yesterday. I wish them well for 2014.

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 10:13 AM
He wasn't. Just thought you were naming great Blue Jays players since you named Wells ect.

No, just the teams that had Winfield or Molitor.

Jtbny
04-08-2014, 10:15 AM

No, just the teams that had Winfield or Molitor.

My bad :)

I liked Olerud too. Funny from the players you named a majority of them played for or ended up with the Yankees for a cup of coffee.

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Funny from the players you named a majority of them played for or ended up with the Yankees for a cup of coffee.

Well I liked those mid-late 90's Yankees teams for the sole reason of they routinely kicked the crap out of the Atlanta Braves (my most hated team).

Brosius, Paul O'Neil, Bernie Baseball, Tino, The Captain, Knoblauch (former Twin). I also like seeing Darryl Strawberry get another chance with those Yank teams.

Jtbny
04-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Well I liked those mid-late 90's Yankees teams for the sole reason of they routinely kicked the crap out of the Atlanta Braves (my most hated team).

Brosius, Paul O'Neil, Bernie Baseball, Tino, The Captain, Knoblauch (former Twin). I also like seeing Darryl Strawberry get another chance with those Yank teams.

I know a few Braves fans. They don't like to be reminded how the Yanks beat them 8 straight in the WS :D

ajdahlheimer
04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
I know a few Braves fans. They don't like to be reminded how the Yanks beat them 8 straight in the WS :D

I hate the Braves for ALMOST beating my Twins in '91. Too close for comfort. I thought we got robbed in a couple of the games in Atlanta. Thank God we pulled out Games 6 & 7.

mirroroferised
04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
My bad :)

I liked Olerud too. Funny from the players you named a majority of them played for or ended up with the Yankees for a cup of coffee.

If I was a player, I'd hope for at least a stint in NY as well. That would be awesome :)

GuyJin
04-08-2014, 04:20 PM
If I was a player, I'd hope for at least a stint in NY as well. That would be awesome :)
---

This is the over-35 section. The Yanks are famous for getting in older players:)

Last year could have been a total disaster if it weren't for a couple of things. One, the older, banged up players (with the exception of Youk) contributed at key moments. Two, the pitching held, Mo's swan song or no. This year, Gardner and Ellsbury have the speed and just need to stay healthy. If Beltran does well--and the guy is a gamer--then we'll be good. Solarte may work out and too bad that Nunez did not. He could hit well enough and had speed, but a terrible glove. Tex is just a huge ? mark now. If our pitching holds, we might make a run at a WC spot.

MiamiSpartan
04-08-2014, 08:54 PM
I went to a bunch of Jays' games in the late 70s when my brother was getting his Masters at Univ of Toronto...at Exhibition Stadium....
Dad'll be down in a couple of weeks....I'll be taking him to Marlins Park on Easter....I took him to a game last year and he had such an amazing time going to the ball game with "his boy"....first time in probably 25 Years we had gone to a game together.....it was a much needed bonding moment, since he hadn't spoken to me in 12 years at one time a few years back...

x-trainer ben
04-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Ryan Braun 3 hr in a game dayum!

GuyJin
04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Ryan Braun 3 hr in a game dayum!
---

You should check out mlb.com. Some of the comments there are so off the wall it's amazing. Braun cheated and lied, yes, but he paid for it. He paid with his rep and his possible future in the HOF and his time. He'll keep paying for it....but for some of the posters it'll never be enough.

MiamiSpartan
04-09-2014, 02:41 AM
Nice to see Abreu and Garcia with two HRs each for the White Sox...!

marinevet63031
04-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Go cards!

beachguy498
04-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Oooooffff.... the Yanks hosted batting practice for the Orioles last night... got whupped 14-5...

theKurp
04-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Ever since they were the Washington Senators.

http://www.nflironontransfer.com/images/nhl/HTS-MLB-TER-C2003-01.jpg

GuyJin
04-09-2014, 04:07 PM
Oooooffff.... the Yanks hosted batting practice for the Orioles last night... got whupped 14-5...
---

One bad game...

:(

ChickenPauk
04-10-2014, 10:23 AM
I hate the Braves for ALMOST beating my Twins in '91. Too close for comfort. I thought we got robbed in a couple of the games in Atlanta. Thank God we pulled out Games 6 & 7.

If you wanna talk braves hate speak to any buccos fan. Screw you Francisco Cabrerra.

MiamiSpartan
04-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Ouch...White Sox lose Asivail Garcia for the year.....that hurts....

beachguy498
04-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Anyone catch the Boston-Yankee game last night. Pineda pitched a great game... but into the 6th or 7th the camera homed in on something low on the palm of his pitching hand. The announcers were talking it up as possible pine tar, no objection was made by Boston and the umps didn't get into it.

Pineda had this wicked slider going that went UP instead of the usual downward move.

Rob

Jtbny
04-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Anyone catch the Boston-Yankee game last night. Pineda pitched a great game... but into the 6th or 7th the camera homed in on something low on the palm of his pitching hand. The announcers were talking it up as possible pine tar, no objection was made by Boston and the umps didn't get into it.

Pineda had this wicked slider going that went UP instead of the usual downward move.

Rob

Actually is was the third inning they caught the pine tar. By the 5th it was gone. He looked good though and anytime we beat the beans it's a good game ;)

dougefresh93
04-11-2014, 07:34 AM

Rob

he said it was dirt... lol um no. But the Sox didn't seem to mind if it was pine tar or not, so they dont care i dont care.

did anybody see Aroldis Chapman? dude is jacked!
www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/4/10/5601600/aroldis-chapman-reds-muscles-damn-dude

Jtbny
04-11-2014, 07:43 AM
he said it was dirt... lol um no. But the Sox didn't seem to mind if it was pine tar or not, so they dont care i dont care.

did anybody see Aroldis Chapman? dude is jacked!
www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/4/10/5601600/aroldis-chapman-reds-muscles-damn-dude

The players care but:

-They don't want to get hit by a pitch so if the control is better oh well.
-Complaining about it will put your pitcher under the microscope, and since most pitchers do it you don't want that.

Pitchers need to be more discreet about it though...:eek:

Agree..Chapman is jacked.

thnikkaman
04-11-2014, 08:38 AM
Being quite possibly the lone Rockies fan of the O35 section, I have hope that we are finally on the right track. If our starting rotation, Cargo and Tulo can all stay healthy for 130 games this year, we can compete for a wild card spot. I'm also praying for a Dodgers implosion.

Also

Eff the Giants!!!

djflex
04-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Broke down and bought mlb tv, watching game on ipad

mirroroferised
04-12-2014, 08:04 PM
2 outs and 2 strikes on Rasmus in the 9th. 1-0 o's. Controversial missed 3rd strike and Rasmus ties the game on the next pitch going deep. God I love this game lol. This one might go awhile tonight.

OutOfStep
04-12-2014, 08:08 PM
See ya baseball. Be back in late June. NHL playoffs about to start up. Go Bruins!!

ajdahlheimer
04-14-2014, 07:29 AM
Lifelong Jays fan here.

Your Jays are going down tomorrow, brah. :-)

GuyJin
04-14-2014, 07:34 AM
How aboot them Yankees? Beat Boston and took the series. Cervelli got hurt--damn--but we pulled out a win. Maybe Joey G can actually jury-rig this team just as successfully as he did last year...maybe even better.

ajdahlheimer
04-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Yankees > Boston

My Twins have won 3 in a row (thank God for the Royals...lol). Don't call it a comeback!

MiamiSpartan
04-14-2014, 08:40 AM
Nice walk off win for the White Sox over Cleveland..nice to see Alexei Ramirez with a strong start.....
Marlins on the other hand had 6 close losses on the recent road trip, but Stanton had a nice trip at least...

MiamiSpartan
04-14-2014, 08:43 AM
.....so bring on the Red Sox!!

ajdahlheimer
04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
What would be the reasoning for watching the White Sox with Ozzie no longer there? His shenanigans was the only thing worth tuning for. lol

mirroroferised
04-14-2014, 06:38 PM
Your Jays are going down tomorrow, brah. :-)

lol

GuyJin
04-14-2014, 08:14 PM
lol

--

I wouldn't laugh. Mark Buerhle started out well, but the rest of the Jays rotation ain't that hot. Not terrible, just not that good. The Rays are solid pitching-wise, Boston is suspect--as usual--and so is Baltimore. That leaves the Yankees with a bunch of aging dudes, a relatively untested closer, and a whole lot of Geritol. I think the Yanks can take it...assuming their DL isn't half as bad as it was last year and Joey G is half the manager everyone seems to think he is.

mirroroferised
04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
--

I wouldn't laugh. Mark Buerhle started out well, but the rest of the Jays rotation ain't that hot. Not terrible, just not that good. The Rays are solid pitching-wise, Boston is suspect--as usual--and so isi Baltimore. That leaves the Yankees with a bunch of aging dudes, a relatively untested closer, and a whole lot of Geritol. I think the Yanks can take it...assuming their DL isn't half as bad as it was last year and Joey G is half the manager everyone seems to think he is. I figured he was talking about tomorrow's game against the twins. I have no delusions at all that the Jays are going to win the east. Not with dickey as our ace. That being said I don't think it's possible to be as bad as last year :)

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 05:37 AM
--

I wouldn't laugh....

Oh he can laugh. Have you seen the Twins starting rotation, brah?

GuyJin
04-15-2014, 05:45 AM
Oh he can laugh. Have you seen the Twins starting rotation, brah?
----

Yup, and I'm soooooooooo glad they picked up our ex homerun donor, Phil Hughes. Between him and Pelfrey, they ought to LOSE about thirty games.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 06:04 AM
----

Yup, and I'm soooooooooo glad they picked up our ex homerun donor, Phil Hughes. Between him and Pelfrey, they ought to LOSE about thirty games.

You're talking about a pitching staff who is used to having the likes of Nick Blackburn and "Moonshot" Scott Baker heading it, brah......

GuyJin
04-15-2014, 06:45 AM
You're talking about a pitching staff who is used to having the likes of Nick Blackburn and "Moonshot" Scott Baker heading it, brah......
---

The fans always say "We're rebuilding!"

The Cubs have been saying that since 1946. Sorta like Stalin's Five-Year Plan...except a lot longer.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 06:53 AM
To be perfectly honest, I have no idea what the Twins are doing right now. They say we have the best minor league prospects in baseball, but that's no excuse to not field a watchable product. Our manager is too archaic in his style and needs to go. Tax dollars built a new stadium that the organization is raking in $ from---yet they still refuse to spend $ on players. I think our payroll is under $80 million now (keep in mind Mauer makes ~$25 million of that). It's a joke.

mirroroferised
04-15-2014, 07:29 AM
So it's Morrow v Hughes tonight. Feel bad for Morrow. Had so much promise a couple years ago and just never bounced back from all his injuries.

Looking at the era's so far this year, could be batting practice tonight.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Looking at the era's so far this year, could be batting practice tonight.

Except the problem with that is our best player (Mauer) is a fricken slap singles hitter.

The Hammer (Willingham) is out. And the only other guy with any sort of power in his bat is Plouffe (who is a complete headcase).

Even our local Twins tv announcers have been ripping this team. Gardy pulls our starter at 100 pitches like clock work, even if it's the 5th inning.

Firminator4
04-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Lifelong Phillies fan here as Philly is about 45 minutes from home. BUT my family and pretty much our entire town are now Angels fans since our hometown boy - Mike Trout is an Angel. My wife and I have traveled to Baltimore for the past two years to see Mike play but this season the Angels are playing in Philly on May 12&13. Our town has sold 4,000 tickets for the May 12th game and we will all be invading Citizen's Bank Park on those two days wearing all of our Angels/Trout gear. Place is gonna be wild.

mirroroferised
04-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Except the problem with that is our best player (Mauer) is a fricken slap singles hitter.

The Hammer (Willingham) is out. And the only other guy with any sort of power in his bat is Plouffe (who is a complete headcase).

Even our local Twins tv announcers have been ripping this team. Gardy pulls our starter at 100 pitches like clock work, even if it's the 5th inning.

I've come to expect 4 good innings out of Morrow now. Anything else is gravy. We had 17 hits on Sunday which is great but not usual so far. If they don't hit the long ball, chances are they're not scoring many runs. I'm pretty happy Hughes is pitching tonight.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 08:17 AM
I've come to expect 4 good innings out of Morrow now. Anything else is gravy. We had 17 hits on Sunday which is great but not usual so far. If they don't hit the long ball, chances are they're not scoring many runs. I'm pretty happy Hughes is pitching tonight.

How did that Frank Thomas signing workout for y'all a few years back, brah?

dougefresh93
04-15-2014, 08:19 AM
How did that Frank Thomas signing workout for y'all a few years back, brah?

http://i.imgur.com/rGdqboQ.jpg

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 08:24 AM
Only Jays-related burn I could think of, brah.

dougefresh93
04-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Only Jays-related burn I could think of, brah.

you're a twins fan im a mets fan, we can just kick each other in the nuts a few times instead of watching our teams plays, the level of enjoyment would be roughly the same.

GuyJin
04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
you're a twins fan im a mets fan...watching our teams plays, the level of enjoyment would be roughly the same.
---

If you enjoy watching two cellar-dwelling squads lose constantly and disappoint their fans, hey, whatever gets you mellow.:D

I'm just hoping that the Yankees won't be needing all that Obamacare. They iz old. Feisty, but old.

We do have a couple of younger possibles. Solarte has been solid so far, and Anna might work out (still too early in the season to tell) but the rest...AARP city.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 08:32 AM
you're a twins fan im a mets fan, we can just kick each other in the nuts a few times instead of watching our teams plays, the level of enjoyment would be roughly the same.

Mets fan, eh? You realize you ended up giving Johan almost $3 million per win, right?

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 08:34 AM
---

If you enjoy watching two cellar-dwelling squads lose constantly and disappoint their fans, hey, whatever gets you mellow.:D

I'm just hoping that the Yankees won't be needing all that Obamacare. They iz old. Feisty, but old.

We do have a couple of younger possibles. Solarte has been solid so far, and Anna might work out (still too early in the season to tell) but the rest...AARP city.

The Spankees haven't been relevant since 2001, brah (09 doesn't count cuz of A-Roid). Bernie-baseball isn't walking through that door any time soon.

dougefresh93
04-15-2014, 08:37 AM
Mets fan, eh? You realize you ended up giving Johan almost $3 million per win, right?

well yeah, there were some bad signings made...

as for yankees fan, you could see there were gonna be injury issues with that lineup heading into the season, lots of Bengay and Metamucil needed there.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 08:40 AM
well yeah, there were some bad signings made...

Well that one in particular, cuz it was Twins related.

Gomez was a complete bust here though. Only player we got left from that trade is Guerra and he is a fatty who is injury-prone and can't get out of the minors.

mirroroferised
04-15-2014, 08:44 AM
No need to look any further back then last season to make a good jays burn lol

dougefresh93
04-15-2014, 08:45 AM
No need to look any further back then last season to make a good jays burn lol

RA comes to mind.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 08:46 AM
RA comes to mind.

He was a Twin, albeit for a cup a coffee, at one time.......

GuyJin
04-15-2014, 09:04 AM
The Spankees haven't been relevant since 2001, brah (09 doesn't count cuz of A-Roid). Bernie-baseball isn't walking through that door any time soon.
---

Everyone likes to insult the Yankees, but when it comes to success, ain't no one talking aboot other teams so much, not even the Red Sox who won it all last year. And the 2009 Yanks do count. Geez, one guy negating a whole team? Get real, broheim.:)

I agree that we're old, and also agree that our farm system sucks, but in time we'll ge it going again. Everyone talked about KC having a great farm system, it being so highly rated and all that, yet this year they're not doing much. Not terrible, mind, but nothing special.

ajdahlheimer
04-15-2014, 09:07 AM
---

Everyone likes to insult the Yankees, but when it comes to success, ain't no one talking aboot other teams so much, not even the Red Sox who won it all last year. And the 2009 Yanks do count. Geez, one guy negating a whole team? Get real, broheim.:)

No, I like the Yankees. Hate the Sox (both Red and White).

mirroroferised
04-15-2014, 09:35 AM
RA comes to mind.

He sure does.

Reyes also comes to mind. A phenomenal player sure but hasn't been very healthy at all for us.

Josh Johnson :(

But I'm going to focus on tonight and the Jays whipping the Twins :D 8-4 final Jays.

I'm off to work. Enjoy the game aj :)

mirroroferised
04-15-2014, 07:13 PM
This is not going as planned.

MiamiSpartan
04-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Gotta love the white sox wearing Boston Strong t-shirts today on the one year anniversary of the bombings....and gotta love the Blue Jays for taking all of the players the Marlins overpaid for two years ago...you can have them!!'

GuyJin
04-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Tanaka pitched magnificently against the Scrubbies. That was one fine performance, and Beltran is living up to what I thought he'd do.

Jtbny
04-16-2014, 06:22 PM
Tanaka pitched magnificently against the Scrubbies. That was one fine performance, and Beltran is living up to what I thought he'd do.

Agreed about Tanaka although the Cubs have an anemic offense. He's looked damn good his first 3 starts. Let's hope he can hold up the season.

I honestly didn't have any doubt about what Beltran would bring. Coming in to the AL is perfect for him at his age. He gets the rest he needs while Dhing and can okay a few games here and there. I keep reading that the Yanks are old...:rolleyes:. They have a great mix of youth/vets. If the pitching can be what is should be and someone takes ahold of the closer job the division is up for grabs.

mirroroferised
04-17-2014, 08:26 PM
How the hell do you give up 4 runs in one inning without giving up a hit lol

GuyJin
04-17-2014, 09:00 PM
Yankees are looking really good. Took two from the Scrubs and then beat up on David Price of the Rays. He didn't pitch well at all, but still, the Yanks took advantage of that and clobbered him. Solarte also started a nice triple play to help CC out of a tight situation and outside of that one bad inning, CC pitched effectively. Health matters, so let's hope the team stays healthy all the way through. Beltran took a nasty tumble over the wall, but seemed okay. Keeping fingers crossed for him.

Jtbny
04-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Yankees are looking really good. Took two from the Scrubs and then beat up on David Price of the Rays. He didn't pitch well at all, but still, the Yanks took advantage of that and clobbered him. Solarte also started a nice triple play to help CC out of a tight situation and outside of that one bad inning, CC pitched effectively. Health matters, so let's hope the team stays healthy all the way through. Beltran took a nasty tumble over the wall, but seemed okay. Keeping fingers crossed for him.

Any win against the division is great! Price isn't the same pitcher he was a few years ago...maybe giving up number 3000 to Jeter messed him up :D These next 2 weeks will tell us more about the team as we have 3 more withe the Rays...go into Boston and out to LA.

ajdahlheimer
04-18-2014, 06:18 AM
How the hell do you give up 4 runs in one inning without giving up a hit lol

I believe my Twins won the series, brah. Go pound sand, Mirror-boy!

x-trainer ben
04-18-2014, 01:38 PM
So i watched the Nats Cards last night and Wainwright was just masterful! He made everyone look like minor league players; and it was an 8-0 almost no-no.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=425794#gameType='R'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2014&level='ALL'

i had forgotten how good he is/was!

mirroroferised
04-18-2014, 01:47 PM
I believe my Twins won the series, brah. Go pound sand, Mirror-boy!

Yup that was brutal!

ajdahlheimer
04-18-2014, 09:11 PM
Yup that was brutal!

My buddy went to the first game of the doubleheader Thursday. It was about 30 degrees for the first pitch. That's not baseball.

x-trainer ben
04-23-2014, 08:43 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/22/albert-pujols-500th-home-run_n_5194982.html

impressive guy!

GuyJin
04-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Read the Nova is gone for the year (surgery). Tanaka is 3 and 0 so far. We shall see. As long as the pitching holds, the Yanks have a chance.

Pujols is just great. I wonder how many he'll hit before he hangs it up.

thnikkaman
04-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Chuck Nazty is coming to help sweep the Giants today. Look out Dodgers, we'll be a fly in your ointment until the ASB!!!

beachguy498
04-23-2014, 12:42 PM
My buddy went to the first game of the doubleheader Thursday. It was about 30 degrees for the first pitch. That's not baseball.

I went to a Yankee game in early April of 2007... it actually snowed during the game and was settling on the infield dirt. I was never so cold in my life. The concrete steps in the stands were getting icy. I think they lost too.

Rob

beachguy498
04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Read the Nova is gone for the year (surgery). Tanaka is 3 and 0 so far. We shall see. As long as the pitching holds, the Yanks have a chance.

Pujols is just great. I wonder how many he'll hit before he hangs it up.

Too bad on Nova... but he was being compared to AJ Burnett lately, he ran so hot and cold. He's been like that for a couple of years now. Pineda pitches tonight against Boston, that should be good.

GuyJin
04-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Too bad on Nova... but he was being compared to AJ Burnett lately, he ran so hot and cold. He's been like that for a couple of years now. Pineda pitches tonight against Boston, that should be good.
---

Pineda got tossed for using pine tar. Dude had it smeared on his neck. Maybe his neck had trouble holding onto the ball?

Second time this month and just as dumb.

And the Yanks lost. Total suckage.

djflex
04-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Once again tigers bullpen is scaring me...

MiamiSpartan
04-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Once again tigers bullpen is scaring me...

Woo Hoo!! Go White Sox!! Abreu is a BEAST!!

MiamiSpartan
04-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Had my annual(now) baseball outing with Dad on Easter Sunday @ Marlins Park....Freaking GORGEOUS day with a high of 78... Roof was open....marlins won...wish they could play Seattle every day!!

Jtbny
04-23-2014, 09:15 PM
---

Pineda got tossed for using pine tar. Dude had it smeared on his neck. Maybe his neck had trouble holding onto the ball?

Second time this month and just as dumb.

And the Yanks lost. Total suckage.

Ya bone head move. He knew he was being looked at after last game. Just got done watching the post game interviews and atleast this time he didn't say it was dirt :D

mirroroferised
04-23-2014, 09:24 PM
Real snooze fest in Toronto tonight :rolleyes:

Not happy with the loss and especially blowing a 6-1 lead but they kept it interesting right to the bitter end at least.

beachguy498
04-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Ya bone head move. He knew he was being looked at after last game. Just got done watching the post game interviews and atleast this time he didn't say it was dirt :D

I was at a local bar playing trivia and I got there in the 4th inning... no idea what happened until later in the evening. For someone with such good potential it was a stupid move. Definitely a bad night for the Yanks, haven't heard what the suspension will be.

Rob

ajdahlheimer
04-24-2014, 07:58 AM
Twins 10-10, 1 game out of first place. To be honest, our season has been pretty much over by this point the last 3 years--so I'm cautiously optimistic right now.

x-trainer ben
04-24-2014, 08:17 AM
Chuck Nazty is coming to help sweep the Giants today. Look out Dodgers, we'll be a fly in your ointment until the ASB!!!

In the words of Charlie Sheen.....Winning! :)

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=340423127

theKurp
04-24-2014, 08:56 AM
C'mon guys, 5 pages and you still won't recognize? Despite losing their starting 3rd baseman (Andre Beltre), 2nd baseman (Jurickson Profar) and catcher (Geovany Soto), plus two starting pitchers (Matt Harrison and Derek Holland), and oh yeah, Fielder is hitting only .200, the Texas Rangers sit atop the AL West with the 3rd best record in baseball.

ajdahlheimer
04-24-2014, 09:01 AM
C'mon guys, 5 pages and you still won't recognize? Despite losing their starting 3rd baseman (Andre Beltre), 2nd baseman (Jurickson Profar) and catcher (Geovany Soto), plus two starting pitchers (Matt Harrison and Derek Holland), and oh yeah, Fielder is hitting only .200, the Texas Rangers sit atop the AL West with the 3rd best record in baseball.

Maybe Ron Washington can hook me up with an 8-ball.....

theKurp
04-24-2014, 09:08 AM
Maybe Ron Washington can hook me up with an 8-ball.....

That was 5 years ago. Time to let it go, don't ya think?

x-trainer ben
04-24-2014, 09:09 AM

Recognized

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=tex

ajdahlheimer
04-24-2014, 09:13 AM
That was 5 years ago. Time to let it go, don't ya think?

LOL. Probably. A local sports talk radio show here in MN plays the Dave Chappelle "Give me some crack!" sound byte anytime Washington's name is mentioned, so it stays fresh.

MiamiSpartan
04-25-2014, 10:55 PM
Walk off grand slam by Jose Abreu!! That guy is a beast!! Leads the majors with 9 HR..!

thnikkaman
04-30-2014, 08:50 AM
Rox just won their 4th series in a row.

Stay safe injury bug.

TnRob
04-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Any Brewers fans here? Those guys have had a awesome April to start the season but with no big standout numbers for anyone.

BigSnacks
04-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Indians. Hate the Yankees.

When I was younger, I was obsessed with baseball and ran home straight from school to watch it every day. I guess I became a little disgruntled in '94 when my buddy and I got tickets to watch the A's in Cincy, only for the game to be cancelled due to the strike. I gave up on sports for a few years then, in the Marine Corps, got into college football in '97-98.

I've been thinking about getting back into baseball, though. A) I've been disgruntled with the way the BCS has ruined the sport over the last few years (hope this year brings change). B) It's getting harder to find time on Saturdays to just sit down and watch a game (let alone sitting down at 10AM to watch College Gameday and not moving until the final play of the day at midnight or 1AM, like I used to). C) I no longer have cable (mostly because NCAAF was all I really cared about; I renewed my cable at the start of the last 2 seasons, then cancelled 6 months later both times). D) I *do*, however, have a couple Rokus and it would probably be easier/more convenient to come home after work and put on a game any night of the week while I cook, eat, etc. E) I used to work 1 block from Carolina Stadium and have been getting into the Cocks (that didn't sound right) and college baseball, which has spurned my MLB curiosity.

Those of you who *are* still baseball fans, how is the league these days? Is it as frustrating as the NCAAF has become?

x-trainer ben
05-01-2014, 01:24 PM
2,100 items for purchase with your favorite baseball teams logo, just pick your team. Amazing

http://mobile.footballfanatics.com/MLB_San_Francisco_Giants

bsc77
05-01-2014, 04:17 PM
Mets fan here, just heard we are mathematical eliminated from the playoffs. :)

Haaa, Mets fan here too and when I heard Alderson state we'll have 90 wins I got a good laugh. They're off to a nice start, our pitching is damn good so far just hope it holds up. I'll settle for a. 500 record but our future is bright with our rotation.

MiamiSpartan
05-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Indians. Hate the Yankees.

When I was younger, I was obsessed with baseball and ran home straight from school to watch it every day. I guess I became a little disgruntled in '94 when my buddy and I got tickets to watch the A's in Cincy, only for the game to be cancelled due to the strike. I gave up on sports for a few years then, in the Marine Corps, got into college football in '97-98.

I've been thinking about getting back into baseball, though. A) I've been disgruntled with the way the BCS has ruined the sport over the last few years (hope this year brings change). B) It's getting harder to find time on Saturdays to just sit down and watch a game (let alone sitting down at 10AM to watch College Gameday and not moving until the final play of the day at midnight or 1AM, like I used to). C) I no longer have cable (mostly because NCAAF was all I really cared about; I renewed my cable at the start of the last 2 seasons, then cancelled 6 months later both times). D) I *do*, however, have a couple Rokus and it would probably be easier/more convenient to come home after work and put on a game any night of the week while I cook, eat, etc. E) I used to work 1 block from Carolina Stadium and have been getting into the Cocks (that didn't sound right) and college baseball, which has spurned my MLB curiosity.

Those of you who *are* still baseball fans, how is the league these days? Is it as frustrating as the NCAAF has become?

Into cocks, too....but not a South Carolina fan....
Not finding NCAA F all that frustrating...baseball pissed me off in 94, but it's been such a huge part of my life, so I can't quit it....

x-trainer ben
05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
So i found better stream links

http://www.stream2watch.me/baseball

enjoy

wohoo we swept the braves! a tuff test and first place to boot.

djflex
05-04-2014, 06:50 PM
My tigers are rolling...

Oakland looking kinda tough so far...

ajdahlheimer
05-05-2014, 05:47 AM
3rd straight win for Phil Hughes last night. Go Twins.

I thought Hughes was supposed to be washed-up?

mirroroferised
05-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Getting really frustrated here in TO. Seems like we're scoring 7+ runs a game and not winning. Starters finally starting to go deeper than 4 innings and the pen is ****e! Good thing that pitching wasn't addressed in the off season :rolleyes:

As mentioned earlier, just send your spare and overpaid parts our way, we'll take 'em.

GuyJin
05-05-2014, 03:42 PM
When it comes to stale and overpaid, underperforming players, we have more than a few. The Yankees used to have one of the best farm systems around. (Right now that honor belongs to KC and St. Louis, if the reports are to be believed). Our pitching is spotty at best and CC looks like he's chucking batting practice. Kuroda looks tired and it's only May. I'll never give up supporting my team, but the way we've been playing...it's tough.

thnikkaman
05-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Dear Giants,

Tulo and the Rox are coming for you.

MiamiSpartan
05-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Jose Abreu gets Rookie of the month and Player of the month in his first month in the majors.....!
Also, the Marlins are a fun team to watch this year with their second walk off win in two nights....

x-trainer ben
05-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Dear Giants,

Tulo and the Rox are coming for you.

Insert gary coleman face

What you talking about Willis?

mirroroferised
05-07-2014, 12:36 PM
Won 3 in a row. Will come here to complain about the Jays more often :D

GuyJin
05-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Yankees actually won for a change behind Kuroda although he didn't get the win. Pitched well, though.

Maybe we've turned a corner...only to walk into a wall. We shall see.

TnRob
05-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Milwaukee dropped to the Diamondbacks? This ain't good. I like Arroyo as a pitcher, but I like my Brewers better. Nashville Sounds... Brewers Triple A farm system...I'm biased.

thnikkaman
05-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Insert gary coleman face

What you talking about Willis?

One game back. (I got to talk stuff while the team is still relevant. Hope I can still talk stuff in September).

TnRob
05-07-2014, 06:09 PM
One game back. (I got to talk stuff while the team is still relevant. Hope I can still talk stuff in September).

I've been a Tulo fan since his rookie year. Glad to see him getting top honors this early in the season. I'd be all for them going to the dance this year.

MiamiSpartan
05-07-2014, 06:46 PM
...and the walk off wins keep coming for the Marlins....Even tho it was just against the Mets....but nice series sweep anyway....

Jtbny
05-08-2014, 06:00 AM
Yankees actually won for a change behind Kuroda although he didn't get the win. Pitched well, though.

Maybe we've turned a corner...only to walk into a wall. We shall see.

They will be fine. I thought this off season was pretty successful with the moves made. The pitching isn't bad but we might have seen the end of CC as an ace. Tanaka on the other hand is fantastic so far but the proof will be if he can adjust after the teams have enough tape on him.

...and the walk off wins keep coming for the Marlins....Even tho it was just against the Mets....but nice series sweep anyway....

If only a couple thousand people see it did it really happen :D

x-trainer ben
05-12-2014, 10:04 AM
24-14 first place after 1/4 of the season but lots of injuries Brandon Belt 1st base for 6 weeks ouch!

i still have hope

go SF Giants!

thnikkaman
05-12-2014, 01:16 PM
24-14 first place after 1/4 of the season but lots of injuries Brandon Belt 1st base for 6 weeks ouch!

i still have hope

go SF Giants!

We're gonna get you.

#NotTheDodgers

x-trainer ben
05-12-2014, 02:24 PM
We're gonna get you.

#NotTheDodgers

No negative energy, I will mute ya
Only Positive energy surrounds me
Only, open minds around me
Only, free spirits around me
I let my vision guide me.

thnikkaman
05-12-2014, 05:50 PM
No negative energy, I will mute ya
Only Positive energy surrounds me
Only, open minds around me
Only, free spirits around me
I let my vision guide me.

I always mute the Rockies TV announcers
I'm positive the Rockies will overtake the Giants at some point this season.
I'm keeping an open mind about Tulo and Cargo's health this year.
I'm excited about Charlie Blackmon and Corey Dickerson swinging freely.
I think that Walt Weiss' vision will guide Colorado to their first NL West title.

:-D

MiamiSpartan
05-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Awful news: Jose Fernandez out for the rest of the year with Tommy John surgery.....
And the team was REALLY careful to watch his innings pitched....

thnikkaman
05-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Awful news: Jose Fernandez out for the rest of the year with Tommy John surgery.....
And the team was REALLY careful to watch his innings pitched....

That really sucks. I'm obviously not a Marlins fan; Fernandez was a pleasure to watch.

ajdahlheimer
05-14-2014, 08:18 AM
Twins walkin' off last night against the BoSox. Gotta love it!

thomashenry
05-14-2014, 09:18 AM
Miggy !!!!!!!!!!!! http://sports.yahoo.com/video/austin-jackson-priceless-reaction-dugout-064239546.html

x-trainer ben
05-19-2014, 08:28 AM
kid is smooth

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/18/foul-ball-switch-smooth-kid-blue-jays-rangers_n_5347807.html

GuyJin
05-19-2014, 08:47 AM
But does he even lift?

x-trainer ben
05-28-2014, 09:51 AM
So a Sports talk guy said that 1/3 of the BB season is gone, give us a report on how your team is playing thus far.

San Francisco Giants
33-19, 1st in NL Western Division

ajdahlheimer
05-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Twins are below .500 (not a shocker).

Phil Hughes is God though. His ERA is under 2.00 in his last 4 starts.

x-trainer ben
05-28-2014, 10:08 AM
Twins are below .500 (not a shocker).

Phil Hughes is God though. His ERA is under 2.00 in his last 4 starts.

Minnesota Twins
24-25, 3rd in AL Central Division

the real question is where were they projected to be?

ajdahlheimer
05-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Minnesota Twins
24-25, 3rd in AL Central Division

the real question is where were they projected to be?

They were projected to have 90+ losses for the 4th consecutive year. (I think they still will tbh).

mirroroferised
05-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Jays are playing out of their minds lately. Hottest team in baseball right now or at least pretty close. Out hitting any pitching problems we have and even pitching has been much better since Jansen came back and Santos went on the dl. Being a fan of Toronto sports teams, I'm just waiting patiently for somebody to pull the rug out from underneath.

trickyB
05-28-2014, 02:40 PM
So a Sports talk guy said that 1/3 of the BB season is gone, give us a report on how your team is playing thus far.

Its all about the great plays here in Cleveland. I enjoy them when I see them beyond that (sigh) I got nothing for you. We did sweep the Tigers so that was pretty sweet.

x-trainer ben
05-29-2014, 10:07 AM
any more fans?

Jtbny
05-29-2014, 11:04 AM
any more fans?

Oh hi!

I don't get too up or down until after the all star break. I've been very happy with the Red Sox play as of late (well until the Braves series). :D

I'm also not sold on the Jays but I do believe the Orioles are dangerous.

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Hey Yankee fans-----------Phil Hughes owns you!

Boom!

Jtbny
06-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Hey Yankee fans-----------Phil Hughes owns you!

Boom!

Lol.

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Lol.

He's been pitching absolutely out of his mind in his last half dozen starts. It's crazy!

Jtbny
06-02-2014, 07:14 AM
He's been pitching absolutely out of his mind in his last half dozen starts. It's crazy!

He was one of our top prospects for a reason. He has good stuff but never got his confidence in NY.

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 07:20 AM
He was one of our top prospects for a reason. He has good stuff but never got his confidence in NY.

Yeah I know. At one point he was the undisputed best pitching prospect in baseball. Period.

Jtbny
06-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Yeah I know. At one point he was the undisputed best pitching prospect in baseball. Period.

I'm happy for him. I always hoped he would come into his own but it was apparent he didn't have the personality to play for the Yanks. Some players thrive while others don't.

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 07:39 AM
I'm happy for him. I always hoped he would come into his own but it was apparent he didn't have the personality to play for the Yanks. Some players thrive while others don't.

Yeah, you guys do a number on those young pitching aces. Joba comes to mind, along with that Cuban dude a few years back. Jose Contreras (how is that already 10+ years ago? Damn I'm old).

Jtbny
06-02-2014, 07:44 AM
Yeah, you guys do a number on those young pitching aces. Joba comes to mind, along with that Cuban dude a few years back.

It's not the organization it's the player IMO. It takes a certain personality to be in the spotlight all the time. Look at veteran players like Randy Johnson, AJ Bernett ect. Both players wilted under the light for some reason.

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 07:46 AM
It's not the organization it's the player IMO. It takes a certain personality to be in the spotlight all the time. Look at veteran players like Randy Johnson, AJ Bernett ect. Both players wilted under the light for some reason.

The Big Unit didn't have much left in the tank at that point though. I remember Black Jack McDowell flicking off his home NYC crowd though. LOL.

mirroroferised
06-02-2014, 08:24 AM
Oh hi!

I don't get too up or down until after the all star break. I've been very happy with the Red Sox play as of late (well until the Braves series). :D

I'm also not sold on the Jays but I do believe the Orioles are dangerous.

When the big bats start getting to injured to play (and I know it's coming) I'm dreading having to rely on our pitching. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of this season right now :D

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 08:28 AM
When the big bats start getting to injured to play (and I know it's coming) I'm dreading having to rely on our pitching. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying the hell out of this season right now :D

You could always bring back Pat Hentgen, right brah!

mirroroferised
06-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Rather bring back Dave Steib :D

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Duane Ward IMO.

Jtbny
06-02-2014, 09:50 AM

You should. Too bad not many others are...like a ghost town in that stadium. I don't think a Toronto crowd combined with a Rays crowd would even fill 1/2 the seating :D

182 game season usually weeds out the good from the bad. Again, I never get too excited until after all star break. That's when the pretenders and the contenders separate themselves.

mirroroferised
06-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Drives me crazy. We're a hockey city first and foremost and the hockey team really sucks! I'm taking my girls next Saturday which should be fun and we have good seats. Hopefully a good turnout for an afternoon game. Watching yesterday's game and there were so many empty seats in the 100 section :( Oh well, I'm gonna ride this wave as long as it goes though.

AJ I'd take that entire team again when Duane Ward was with us lol

ajdahlheimer
06-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Drives me crazy. We're a hockey city first and foremost...

TML fan? Wow, I can see why you drank.........

mirroroferised
06-02-2014, 03:19 PM
TML fan? Wow, I can see why you drank.........

lmao yup

beachguy498
06-03-2014, 09:02 AM
The NY Yankees are really blowing some games in a big way lately. But that's okay.... The NY Rangers start another quest for The Stanley Cup tomorrow and I'll be staying with that.

Rob

mirroroferised
06-04-2014, 11:36 AM
The NY Yankees are really blowing some games in a big way lately. But that's okay.... The NY Rangers start another quest for The Stanley Cup tomorrow and I'll be staying with that.

Rob

I still have a hard time picturing any team from the east pulling off an upset but the Rangers have already surprised me so much this post season. Good luck to your team. Get the king his cup.

Corbi
06-04-2014, 06:46 PM
Orioles are in Texas but was still able to check out Camden Yard today, pretty cool stadium but it looks a lot smaller in person.

x-trainer ben
06-05-2014, 01:39 PM
go giants !

mirroroferised
06-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Jays sweep Tigers. I didn't think they'd do it today with it being Verlander vs Happ. 5 in a row again.

x-trainer ben
06-05-2014, 05:15 PM
After that tigers giants world series, i never bought into the Verlander hype machine. He was shown to be a mere mortal!

trickyB
06-06-2014, 12:00 PM
My lowly Indians are back to 500 after sweeping the Red Sox. They gotta learn to win on the road.

ajdahlheimer
06-06-2014, 12:16 PM
My lowly Indians are back to 500 after sweeping the Red Sox.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/F_f8l2RRKko/hqdefault.jpg

trickyB
06-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Its ALL about the moments my friend. They may be ****ty compared to some other teams but the great plays and drama are there.

ajdahlheimer
06-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Its ALL about the moments my friend. They may be ****ty compared to some other teams but the great plays and drama are there.

I know, brah (I watched the whole movie)....

mirroroferised
06-07-2014, 07:09 PM
Finally got out to our first game of the year and the Jays laid a big egg. 5-0 loss to the cards:(

ajdahlheimer
06-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Finally got out to our first game of the year and the Jays laid a big egg. 5-0 loss to the cards:(

i.e. they did their best Leafs impression

mirroroferised
06-07-2014, 08:52 PM
i.e. they did their best Leafs impression

Yea yea yea:D

mirroroferised
06-11-2014, 12:08 PM
Not over yet but your twins seem to have the Jays number aj.

ajdahlheimer
06-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Not over yet but your twins seem to have the Jays number aj.

Hey (insert team here) fans-----------Phil Hughes owns you!

Boom!

x-trainer ben
06-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Owwwwch the Nats(2nd fav tm) are handing it to my Giants( 1st fav tm) time for them to regroup!

GuyJin
06-12-2014, 04:44 PM
I wish the Yankees could clone Tanaka...five times. And Ellsbury. And an in-his-prime Texieira. We're not just old, we're decrepit. I love my team, but this injury thing and ineptitude by some players is getting downright embarrassing and Joey G is soon gonna run out of excuses.

mirroroferised
06-12-2014, 06:50 PM
Jays suck again!

It worked last time :D

djflex
06-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Exciting end to the tigers game today. Was glad i was able to catch the last inning!

x-trainer ben
06-16-2014, 09:30 AM
RIP Tony Gwynn, one of the best hitters ever

Cancer at 54 years young!

djflex
06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
RIP Tony Gwynn, one of the best hitters ever

Cancer at 54 years young!

Came in to say this. One of the best of my lifetime. A class act as well.

RIP, thanks for the memories

Jtbny
06-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Rip Tony! One of the greats.

ajdahlheimer
06-16-2014, 10:54 AM
RIP Gwynnie

It's too bad dipping was such a part of the baseball during his era.

mirroroferised
06-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Boring night in Cincinnati lol holy fuk jays down 8-0 after 2 and now up 14-9 in the 9th

Jtbny
06-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Boring night in Cincinnati lol holy fuk jays down 8-0 after 2 and now up 14-9 in the 9th

Wait...did we just gloss over the sweep the Yanks put on your Jays?

djflex
06-22-2014, 11:40 AM
Exciting couple games detroit vs cleveland this weekend. Extra innings last night

mirroroferised
06-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Wait...did we just gloss over the sweep the Yanks put on your Jays?

We seemed to have missed that. Oh well, no sense living in the past :D

trickyB
06-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Exciting couple games detroit vs cleveland this weekend. Extra innings last night

I had more fun the last time Detroit came to town. This time not so much.

djflex
06-22-2014, 08:02 PM
I had more fun the last time Detroit came to town. This time not so much.

Well, if the race comes down to cleveland vs detroit, their will be some fun games to watch late summer

ajdahlheimer
06-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Twins complete the 4 game sweep of the White Sux. Hahaha.

djflex
07-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Hard to believe the all star break is upon us.

Tough break for yankees fans..

Good to see my tigers rolling . I will be surprised if we do not trade for bullpen help though

Fishman15
07-12-2014, 12:45 PM
King Felix with another excellent performance last night helps M's beat the A's 3-2!

mirroroferised
07-12-2014, 02:22 PM
All star break can't get here fast enough for the Jays. They'll come back to a bit of lighter schedule and hopefully some of these injuries will have sorted themselves out. Baltimore heads out west too so a perfect opportunity to take back first.

Corbi
07-14-2014, 02:58 PM
Saw the Brewers play the cards yesterday at Miller Park. Great game for the Brew crew with an 11-2 win, they needed to stop the 7 game skid and have something positive before the all star break.

View from the Uecker seats.
http://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10550890_657957924288427_1454422818445544821_n.jpg

http://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10502223_657958270955059_1148890766261434748_n.jpg

Braun at bat
http://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10559734_657958650955021_1584233664847714212_n.jpg

What a $9 Margarita looks like, had plenty of alcohol in it at least.
http://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10484130_657959297621623_5815643104879144220_n.jpg

Sausage race, actually pretty lame.
http://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10505477_657959567621596_760612882608075412_n.jpg

http://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10526094_657960077621545_5127595663683682359_n.jpg

ajdahlheimer
07-14-2014, 09:53 PM
The Brewers suck. Miller Park is nice though.

thnikkaman
07-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Dear Dick Monfort,

Die in a fire.

Thank you,

Rockies fans.

djflex
07-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Al wins the allstar game. Come on tigers, home field is waiting for you

trickyB
07-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Al wins the allstar game. Come on tigers, home field is waiting for you

Its been a good series with the tribe so far. Hopefully they will continue to play well on the road.

mirroroferised
07-21-2014, 07:37 PM
Close one in Toronto tonight :rolleyes: God we love our collapses in this city.

ajdahlheimer
07-22-2014, 05:58 AM
I'd like to personally congratulate Twins skipper Ron Gardenhire for getting career loss number 1000 over the weekend while getting swept at home by the lowly Tampa Bay Rays in the procesds. Gardy--I don't know where you'll be in 10 years, but wherever it is--I hope you're in a lot of pain.......

mirroroferised
07-22-2014, 10:19 AM
I'd like to personally congratulate Twins skipper Ron Gardenhire for getting career loss number 1000 over the weekend while getting swept at home by the lowly Tampa Bay Rays in the procesds. Gardy--I don't know where you'll be in 10 years, but wherever it is--I hope you're in a lot of pain.......

I can't get over how bad Tampa is this year.

mirroroferised
07-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Jays beat Yanks in NY and it only took 18 games to do it :rolleyes:

Was ready to lose my mind when Beltran hit that 2 run shot in the 9th :D

djflex
07-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Holy cow , crazy trades everywhere. Tigers have 3 cy young winners , but who will play centerfield?

mirroroferised
07-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Holy cow , crazy trades everywhere. Tigers have 3 cy young winners , but who will play centerfield?

I'm a little all over the place with the Jays inactivity today. I'm happy they're keeping Strolman and Sanchez however another pitcher for the rotation would've been nice.

GuyJin
07-31-2014, 05:23 PM
Yanks got Drew--not much better than Johnson--in a trade with Boston, and got Prado from Arizona. Prado can hit, will do well at second while Headley stays at third...if his back will let him. Next year...who knows if they'll sign.

ChazWood
07-31-2014, 05:41 PM
Yanks got Drew--not much better than Johnson--in a trade with Boston, and got Prado from Arizona. Prado can hit, will do well at second while Headley stays at third...if his back will let him. Next year...who knows if they'll sign.
airT-m9LcoY

trickyB
08-01-2014, 05:34 PM

Doesn't matter because nobody is going to get a hit off them. Some interesting trades were made thats for sure.

x-trainer ben
08-01-2014, 06:20 PM
A bit over 50 games to go and the leaders are beginning to distance themselves. 4 injuries to key stars and my Giants are destined to stay in second place, oh well we will see....

Marco Scutero
Angel Pagan
Matt Cain
Brandon Belt

x-trainer ben
08-03-2014, 09:17 AM
check this out:

http://baseball.realgm.com/src_article/2324/20140721/mlb_rankings_for_the_week_beginning_july_21/

djflex
08-03-2014, 09:23 AM
My guy tells me angels are gonna overtake oakland

x-trainer ben
08-03-2014, 09:56 AM
My guy tells me angels are gonna overtake oakland

Who is your guy, your gut?

djflex
08-03-2014, 11:18 AM
Who is your guy, your gut?

Lmao! Yes gut feeling. Typo.

But kinda serious

yaaar
08-03-2014, 11:29 AM
A bit over 50 games to go and the leaders are beginning to distance themselves. 4 injuries to key stars and my Giants are destined to stay in second place, oh well we will see....

Marco Scutero
Angel Pagan
Matt Cain
Brandon Belt

Hey, another Giants fan!

Belt's back, and Pagan should be back in Milwaukee.

Also, how about this Duffy kid? He should join the forum during the off season, he could use a tour of a weightroom.

waldopepper
08-05-2014, 11:42 AM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/8-05-2014/yIcEZq.gif

mirroroferised
08-05-2014, 12:16 PM
This next week is going to be a huge one for Toronto. Baltimore and then Detroit. This will pretty much make or break going for the division imo. If they lose 4 of the next 6 I'm thinking wildcard or bust. Hell I'm thinking that now anyway :(

trickyB
08-05-2014, 10:18 PM
I took my Daughter and GF to the Indians game Monday night. Kluber pitched a good game and some how Axford didn't blow it. Wish the tribe looked that good every night. I even drank a couple barley sodas but sadly no hot dogs were consumed. My daughter ended up getting two balls. Needless to say a good time was had by all.

x-trainer ben
08-07-2014, 10:41 AM
http://www.strikeout.co

an update for those stuck at wrk

x-trainer ben
08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey, another Giants fan!

Belt's back, and Pagan should be back in Milwaukee.

Also, how about this Duffy kid? He should join the forum during the off season, he could use a tour of a weightroom.

Pagan is today thursday, and the rest of the bunch are a mixture of minor league players with Morse,Posey,Sandoval and Pence. Wild card at best with so many injuries.

thnikkaman
08-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Pagan is today thursday, and the rest of the bunch are a mixture of minor league players with Morse,Posey,Sandoval and Pence. Wild card at best with so many injuries.

Hunter Pence clubs baby seals.

x-trainer ben
08-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Hunter Pence clubs baby seals.

Colorado Rockies
45-68, 5th in NL Western Division :)

thnikkaman
08-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Colorado Rockies
45-68, 5th in NL Western Division :)

We'd be 6th if there was another team.

Hunter Pence steals candy from babies.

ajdahlheimer
08-07-2014, 11:47 AM
My Twins have finally admitted this season is a throw-away and have started calling guys up. They called up Kennys Vargas and he hit is first home run the other day. Guy is a BIG c0cksucker. 6-5 275.

mirroroferised
08-07-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.strikeout.co

an update for those stuck at wrk

Great man thanks. I'm home today but don't get mlb network so this is my only way to watch the Tigers hopefully crush NY :D

x-trainer ben
08-07-2014, 12:20 PM
Great man thanks. I'm home today but don't get mlb network so this is my only way to watch the Tigers hopefully crush NY :D

enjoy
http://www.strikeout.co/baseball/240760/1/new-york-yankees-vs-detroit-tigers-live-stream-online.html#sthash.8MgQFiAJ.dpbs