PDA

View Full Version : Quit funding professional sports.

atlantaman71
04-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Why are billions and billions of taxpayer dollars being thrown away on unneeded stadiums for professional sports? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT. These athletes are anything but role models yet they get paid millions and some of the millions are funded by taxpayers. When will this crap end? When?

ArchAngel'73
04-05-2014, 09:20 AM
^^^^^^
When will this crap end? When?

djflex
04-05-2014, 09:24 AM
At least this use of taxpayer money entertains me.

Cant say the same about the congressman getting a blow job from a hooker in a limo on my dime...

djflex
04-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Which one? The entire congress.

All of them.

highiso
04-05-2014, 09:30 AM
Fwiw, the NFL is tax exempt (as well as churches), the teams however pay tax on revenue. Living in PA and seeing multiple sports stadiums built within just a few years of each other pisses me off big time. It will never end and there is nothing that can be done about it. Big govt is big.

Brackneyc
04-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Fwiw, the NFL is tax exempt (as well as churches), the teams however pay tax on revenue. Living in PA and seeing multiple sports stadiums built within just a few years of each other pisses me off big time. It will never end and there is nothing that can be done about it. Big govt is big.

There are a lot of things which are created from tax revenues. Sports stadiums are not the worst expenditure of that money. Frankly, I don't have an issue with pro athletes either. If I had the talent, I'd have done it.

Brackneyc
04-05-2014, 09:38 AM
I and other ordinary Americans are forced to subsidize the NFL and churches. Sick of it. If there's a tax every entity should pay the same rate.

I agree, and if you are a consumer of tax funded services, you should pay for those too.

TheGainsBrah
04-05-2014, 09:40 AM
At least this use of taxpayer money entertains me.

Cant say the same about the congressman getting a blow job from a hooker in a limo on my dime...

Lol'd repped

Nikonguy
04-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Strong first 9 posts.

Brackneyc
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Yes I should. Everyone should. But there's always preferred classes of people which make it more expensive for everybody else.

The ones making it more expensive happen to be the biggest users/consumers of tax funded services.

steffo99
04-05-2014, 09:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/BRsrtkp.gif

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Most corrupt sports

1. NBA
2. NASCAR
3. NFL
4. MLB
5. NHLMost of these start with the letter N.

We should ban the letter N and put a stop to its atrocities.

Brackneyc
04-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Most of these start with the letter N.

We should ban the letter N and put a stop to its atrocities.

1. The NBA
2. NASCAR
3. The NFL
4. MLB
5. The NHL

Sorry MLB and NASCAR, it doesn't work with you guys.

djflex
04-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Yet the same congress wants to impose morals on all of us by restricting our behavior. If they have to have hookers, bs honest and make it legal.

Fuk yeah!

Hookers for everybody!

I may run with this as my platform

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 10:05 AM
1. The NBA
2. NASCAR
3. The NFL
4. MLB
5. The NHL

Sorry MLB and NASCAR, it doesn't work with you guys.
Than we'll have to get rid of the letter T as well

That will take care of Twilight

Brackneyc
04-05-2014, 10:06 AM

This could be done in a Sesame Street game I imagine.

crupiea
04-05-2014, 10:08 AM
Looks like its been going on for some time now.

http://michaelgraham.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/rome-****seum.jpg

djflex
04-05-2014, 10:11 AM
Fuk yeah!

Hookers for everybody!

I may run with this as my platform

I think my campaign slogan needs work.

"Vote for me, get a blow job"

steffo99
04-05-2014, 10:14 AM

Vote djflex , he bringeth teh sex

DiggersNick21
04-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Why are billions and billions of taxpayer dollars being thrown away on unneeded stadiums for professional sports? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT. These athletes are anything but role models yet they get paid millions and some of the millions are funded by taxpayers. When will this crap end? When?

Athletes are not overpaid, they generate surplus profit for the clubs owners and the league through their labour, technically, athletes are underpaid compared to some other industries.

People fail to understand that just because athletes have a job they love and they get paid well does not mean that they somehow get paid without fulfilling the role of a worker, generating surplus value and having a boss render more money from their services than they are paid in a wage, hence capitalism.

So next time you bemoan athletes who put blood sweat and tears into their craft, moan at the chairmen of clubs and the league who get the vast majority of the profits from the sport and don't actually do anything.

So in the words of some old dude, Ray Lewis's of the world, unite!, you have nothing to lose but your golden diamond encrusted chains.

But for real though, they generate more revenue than they are paid, so how can they be overpaid, if they were overpaid football clubs would be going under.

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 10:24 AM

No homo???

djflex
04-05-2014, 10:25 AM
No homo???

I may need the gay vote...

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 10:32 AM
I may need the gay vote...
You'll never get the womenz vote that way

mirroroferised
04-05-2014, 10:49 AM

Throw B in there as well. Tired of Beiber.

mxz44
04-05-2014, 11:10 AM

What's your thoughts on town halls?

acrawlingchaos
04-05-2014, 11:33 AM
Only 10 posts on a bodybuilding site, and you decide some random rant is the best way to introduce yourself?

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/2/2/1/8/8/7/troll-under-the-bridge-83968375920.jpeg

Old-Time-Lifter
04-05-2014, 01:00 PM
I and other ordinary Americans are forced to subsidize the NFL and churches. Sick of it. If there's a tax every entity should pay the same rate.

All non-profits are tax exempt. Why rag on the churches.

OutOfStep
04-05-2014, 01:23 PM
OP still mad he got picked last.

OutOfStep
04-05-2014, 01:48 PM
What's it like riding the short bus?

Struck a nerve did I? :) Did the athletes pick on you? Steal your girlfriend and your lunch money?

sytun
04-05-2014, 01:50 PM

I will vote for you as long as you are clean shaven, I don't want your chin irritating the delicate skin of my ballsack mkay ;)

OutOfStep
04-05-2014, 01:55 PM
No they didn't but they are stealing the money I pay in taxes for their brand new billion dollar stadiums. It shouldn't be on my dime. It's part of a pattern of stealing from ordinary hardworking Americans.

Ahh I see. I'm right then. ****ing sad that a guy in his 40's still hasn't gotten over high school ****. Move on with your life. No more tears, only dreams now.

so-tex
04-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Ahh I see. I'm right then. ****ing sad that a guy in his 40's still hasn't gotten over high school ****. Move on with your life. No more tears, only dreams now.He was a waterboy. Does that count?

TnRob
04-05-2014, 02:22 PM
Ever heard of the "Jock Tax"? It is a real tax, placed on pro athletes by the individual states each pro player travels to in order to play a team from said state. Alot of mediocre players (non-bigname players) are taxed as much as $2000 per game by the home state, some players of course are taxed much more than that. Coaches and personnel are exempt but not the players.

Try warming the bench and not playing while being taxed that kind of money. You'd want a large salary too.

Plus, it entertains me and helps build alot of the youth in their teen years. Bad apples exist everywhere outside of sports, in all walks of life, so of course they will be seen among pro teams. But they are also heavily scrutinized when uncovered.

mtdman
04-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Sporting events generate income for the cities they are based in, tax revenue, creates jobs for people, and of course provide entertainment for thousands of people. If the cities and states and other entities weren't making money from having these events, they wouldn't be dishing money out. Ask any major city if they'd rather not have the sports team and see what they'd say.

Grow up and quit whining. Governments waste money and use tax money for stupid sh!t all the time. At least with a stadium I can get some kind of enjoyment from it. The US government dishes out $billions to foreign countries alone for no reason. That's what government does, waste money. You're just now figuring this out?

Brackneyc
04-05-2014, 03:21 PM
No they didn't but they are stealing the money I pay in taxes for their brand new billion dollar stadiums. It shouldn't be on my dime. It's part of a pattern of stealing from ordinary hardworking Americans.

How many bricks did your tax money add to the building of the stadium.

paolo59
04-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Sporting events generate income for the cities they are based in, tax revenue, creates jobs for people, and of course provide entertainment for thousands of people. If the cities and states and other entities weren't making money from having these events, they wouldn't be dishing money out. Ask any major city if they'd rather not have the sports team and see what they'd say.

Grow up and quit whining. Governments waste money and use tax money for stupid sh!t all the time. At least with a stadium I can get some kind of enjoyment from it. The US government dishes out $billions to foreign countries alone for no reason. That's what government does, waste money. You're just now figuring this out?

The 'final four' is going on right now in the Dallas area. There are literally tens of thousands of folks occupying hotel rooms, eating out, and spending their money hand over fist all over the Metroplex! :) There are some 80,000 sports fans who are enjoying themselves! A world class sports venue can have a rather positive effect.

TnRob
04-05-2014, 03:34 PM
The 'final four' is going on right now in the Dallas area. There are literally tens of thousands of folks occupying hotel rooms, eating out, and spending their money hand over fist all over the Metroplex! :) There are some 80,000 sports fans who are enjoying themselves! A world class sports venue can have a rather positive effect.

Good note, paolo. The womens championship is going on here in Nashville and all the hotels are booked as well. Lots of out of town money being dropped into restaurants, bars on broadway, gifts, personal items, etc.

so-tex
04-05-2014, 03:53 PM
How many bricks did your tax money add to the building of the stadium.Is this a trick question? :D

I agree with paolo and TnRob. These sporting events bring in major $$'s.

UnaChispita
04-05-2014, 04:06 PM
He was a waterboy. Does that count?

Not sure.

Can you letter as waterboy?

so-tex
04-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Not sure.

Can you letter as waterboy?Is this another trick question? :confused:

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 04:15 PM
I agree with paolo and TnRob. These sporting events bring in major $$'s.
But they dont bring bacon wrapped corndogs and thats just wrong

JediRN
04-05-2014, 04:28 PM
Q1: Why are billions and billions of taxpayer dollars being thrown away on unneeded stadiums for professional sports? I'M SICK AND TIRED OF IT. These athletes are anything but role models yet they get paid millions and some of the millions are funded by taxpayers. Q2: When will this crap end? When?

A1: This what you get when you are in the top 1% and a job creator.
A2: Whenever we stop buying into the logic of A1.

TnRob
04-05-2014, 04:37 PM
But they dont bring bacon wrapped corndogs and thats just wrong

True enough..
....But they buy double bacon wrapped corndogs

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/KR85ycWo6Na3PCk5Hb0SqA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thesideshow/BaconDog.jpg

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 04:41 PM
True enough..
....But they buy double bacon wrapped corndogs

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/KR85ycWo6Na3PCk5Hb0SqA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thesideshow/BaconDog.jpgI need this. Naoooww

pharmamarketer
04-05-2014, 07:16 PM

I hope never.

acrawlingchaos
04-05-2014, 08:08 PM
All non-profits are tax exempt. Why rag on the churches.Most Churches do not meet "not for profit" guidelines. Only churches that actually meet "Not for profit" status should receive exemption.

Religious facilities get a free pass on what they can do with the money they receive, and will still be exempt. Non religious facilities have to meet various guidelines to ensure they are actually "not for profit".

paolo59
04-05-2014, 11:22 PM
Most 'churches' have a membership of some 35 to 50. Granted, there are hundreds of thousands of them all over the country. Just regular, hard working, decent folk, meeting together on a Sunday morning. The pastor looks after his/her flock. Marries the young, buries the dead, and visits the home-bound and those in the hospital. Lets 'tax' them out the freakin' ass, no?

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 11:33 PM
So we went from stop funding sports with taxpayers money to start taxing churches and non-profits.

Seems about right

paolo59
04-05-2014, 11:43 PM
So we went from stop funding sports with taxpayers money to start taxing churches and non-profits.

Seems about right

Just what do you expect brother? :) All I know is, everybody hates Jerry Jones! :( I don't care whether he goes to church or not! :)

paolo59
04-05-2014, 11:55 PM
LMAO Come to think of it...Jerry Jones is one of them there 'Whiskey-palians!' More reason to tax his sorry ass, and everybody else in that lovely edifice they worship in every Sunday morning! I know a teacher or two at that private school where his grandchildren attend! LOL Without any doubt they don't meet 'tax exempt status!' :(

:)

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 12:01 AM

Seems about right

This time of year I like Yellow Peeps. 140 cals for 5 pieces. Bonus. Diabetes, I scorn you.

paolo59
04-06-2014, 12:05 AM
This time of year I like Yellow Peeps. 140 cals for 5 pieces. Bonus. Diabetes, I scorn you.

Are you talking about 'bacon' by any chance? :)

cowboybiker
04-06-2014, 07:27 AM

Possibly the only time if year I eat jelly beans.

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Possibly the only time if year I eat jelly beans.

Jelly beans and yellow Peeps. So good.