PDA

View Full Version : They may have found the missing Malaysia Airliner....

Old-Time-Lifter
04-05-2014, 06:46 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/05/china-ship-detects-pulse-signal-in-search-for-missing-malysia-airlines/

China's official news agency says a Chinese ship that is part of the multinational search effort looking for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has detected a "pulse signal" in southern Indian Ocean waters.

pharmamarketer
04-05-2014, 09:05 AM
This whole thing is a total disgrace.

cowboybiker
04-05-2014, 09:55 AM
Where's Aquaman?

The only time he's ever needed and he's nowhere to be found.

djflex
04-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Where's Aquaman?

The only time he's ever needed and he's nowhere to be found.

Doing some mermaid on a reef is my guess...

Phattso
04-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Only in about 10,000 feet of water.

Old-Time-Lifter
04-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Only in about 10,000 feet of water.

So recovery should be a snap.... maybe not...

jeffaus
04-06-2014, 09:57 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/04/05/china-ship-detects-pulse-signal-in-search-for-missing-malysia-airlines/

China's official news agency says a Chinese ship that is part of the multinational search effort looking for the missing Malaysia Airlines plane has detected a "pulse signal" in southern Indian Ocean waters.Unfortunately, they have just discovered that the clicking sound that they were hearing every 1 second, wasn't actually from the Black Box. It has been traced back clicking chop sticks in ships mess room.

Not SRS

Karl_Hungus
04-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Seems like every few days the media reports "OMG, we know where it is!", only to be a false alarm. The reporting on this story has been the worst I have seen in awhile.

ticklemeelbow
04-06-2014, 11:32 PM
whateva

jeffaus
04-07-2014, 01:14 AM
The Australian chief co-ordinator (retired )Air Chief Marshall, Angus Houston is trying to calm everybody and saying nothing is confirmed. They have had 2 signals on the same frequency as the black box is set at, from 2 different locations. One from the Chinese ship and one from Australian ship.

beachguy498
04-07-2014, 06:54 AM
The Australian chief co-ordinator (retired )Air Chief Marshall, Angus Houston is trying to calm everybody and saying nothing is confirmed. They have had 2 signals on the same frequency as the black box is set at, from 2 different locations. One from the Chinese ship and one from Australian ship.

And the signals are a few hundred miles apart depending on which news you tune in.

Rob

crupiea
04-07-2014, 10:13 AM
I long for the good old days when the U.S. had satellites and submarines of our own. I guess they are things of the past seeing as we have yet to use them to look for this plane.

beachguy498
04-07-2014, 10:22 AM
I long for the good old days when the U.S. had satellites and submarines of our own. I guess they are things of the past seeing as we have yet to use them to look for this plane.

We have tons of satellites, very surprised we haven't heard of them being used at all to date. Maybe they're all tied up spying on US...

Subs? They're out there but the location of any US sub is kept quiet. I bet anything that the Russians have subs out looking as well.