PDA

View Full Version : Fast metabolisms and while cutting

zckmrrs
04-05-2014, 01:27 AM
I was wondering, I read a post somewhere that said when ur cutting, once you decrease your calories by 300-500 and you start to lose weight, over couple of weeks you must readjust your intake even lower in order to continue to increase your metabolism and lose more weight. Is this true?

For example: at 160 pounds male you start off at a maintenance of 2,200 calories and cut 500 to meet 1700 on a cut. Once you start to lose the weight u must slowly drop the calories even more in order to keep losing the weight and increasing your metabolism?

And also, once you increase your metabolism while cutting, can you eat more without gaining weight?

ErikTheElectric
04-05-2014, 01:47 AM
Generally speaking your metabolism doesn't increase when you cut weight.

philly990
04-05-2014, 12:02 PM
I was wondering, I read a post somewhere that said when ur cutting, once you decrease your calories by 300-500 and you start to lose weight, over couple of weeks you must readjust your intake even lower in order to continue to increase your metabolism and lose more weight. Is this true?

For example: at 160 pounds male you start off at a maintenance of 2,200 calories and cut 500 to meet 1700 on a cut. Once you start to lose the weight u must slowly drop the calories even more in order to keep losing the weight and increasing your metabolism?

And also, once you increase your metabolism while cutting, can you eat more without gaining weight?

Your metabolism is your metabolism, it doesn't increase or decrease. However, after a good change in weight, then yes you will have to readjust your defecit to keep your progress the same.

Domicron
04-05-2014, 12:10 PM
don't just change it over time; use a mirror and a scale to check your progress. only change when you need to (progress slows)

remember all the calculations are only estimates. you're best served by real-world results.

this is why it's important to see what foods best affect your performance, decide what meal timing works best for your schedule, etc.

zckmrrs
04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
Well I weigh 155. I'm 5'11, and sitting at about 10% bf. I'm trying to cut down to single digits. I started at 160 and at 11% body fat.

Ideally I'm eating at 1700-1800 a day but I workout 5-6 days a week so I eat about (2100 cal) and on rest days I'm still pretty active at work . I feel like I'm always hungry now. Should I decrease my caloric intake while I'm cutting since I already lost weight or do I eat more? Since my metabolism feels like it's boosted

n0useforaname
04-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Im a big fan of NOT decreasing. Why? Because everyone and their mother told me I HAD to.. And after dropping almost 40 pounds and hitting about 9-10% BF.. I NEVER dropped cals. Most people just have no patience and drop cals too soon.

zckmrrs
04-05-2014, 01:09 PM
Im a big fan of NOT decreasing. Why? Because everyone and their mother told me I HAD to.. And after dropping almost 40 pounds and hitting about 9-10% BF.. I NEVER dropped cals. Most people just have no patience and drop cals too soon.

That's pretty amazing probably answered it I'm just worried about gaining all my weight back . I really want to get to single digits

Domicron
04-05-2014, 01:12 PM
what were your stats when you started? how long did you cut? what was your deficit?

mynameisj
04-05-2014, 01:27 PM
Just drop your calories if your weight loss has stalled(alternatively doing more cardio or something to keep the deficit there)... Yes metabolism will drop over time.

n0useforaname
04-07-2014, 04:36 AM
That's pretty amazing probably answered it I'm just worried about gaining all my weight back . I really want to get to single digits

If you are in a deficit, why would you be gaining your weight back? You have to remember that you are already pretty lean.. and you can't expect to lose any significant weight week to week at this point. If you are eating at 1800 cals, you may have to wait 2-3 weeks to notice even 1-2 pounds. If getting to super low BF numbers was easy, everyone would do it.. but it's not. Heck.. at low single digits, I'm pretty sure it gets more complicated as well.. with refeeds, certain macros intakes, etc..