PDA

View Full Version : Bad, customer service is bad

KRANE
04-03-2014, 07:59 PM
So I'm running late and don't have time to fix my breakfast. I figure I'll just stop off at McDonald's and pick up an egg white delight (things delicious), and coffee. So I get to the counter and home girl from the hood gives me this sigh attitude. I tell her my order and she looks right through me like I'm invisible.

So I swipe the card and she goes wait (in full command style). But the order goes through and I take my receipt. I go stand to the side and wait...and wait...and wait for my order. Minutes later they call out my number and its only for the egg white delight and no coffee. So I say where the coffee? And they say "it coming", with no estimate as to how long it will take.

So I say don't call me just for half the order. Wait until you have everything ready then call me once so I can leave, not go back and wait again. So I notice the manager there and told her what just happened. She doesn't say a word just keeps making orders. I say no wonder your staff is so poorly trained.

So I tell her what she needs to do. First, apologize for having me wait so long or second, say something about the crappy service. Instead, she shoved the coffee at me and said "have a nice day sir".

So I told her that since she felt an apology was asking too much, I would email the company and tell them about the whole terrifying ordeal. Which is what I did.

Now before you get all cattywampus thinking I'm all high and mighty. Know this, I have worked in hospitality for many, many, years. From little corner cafes to worldwide hotel chains. And all that time I never once wavered from courtesy and professionalism.

All of what I asked them to do I have done more times than I can count. I would apologized everyday, for mistakes I didn't make, and for problems I had no control over. That's just the nature of the job. Its what I was taught, and what I now teach others.

If you feel you're too good to apologize on behalf of your employer, then you shouldn't be dealing with the public. Go work in the back with inventory or stock, out of site. I put up with more crap from people over the years to fill a database. I have no compunctions to doing every thing I can to release you from your torment. Especially since I gave them the opportunity to fix it.

My point is, if you get poor service, say something. First to the person/persons responsible and then, if they don't fix it, to their superiors.

Corbi
04-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I would email the company and tell them about the whole terrifying ordeal.

Wow, hope you get help for the PTSD i'm sure this event caused.

KRANE
04-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Wow, hope you get help for the PTSD i'm sure this event caused.Don't worry. I was complaining on behalf of all customers, including you. You're welcome.

cowboybiker
04-03-2014, 09:38 PM
I hope you didn't tip her.

Service like that does not deserve a tip.

KRANE
04-03-2014, 09:52 PM
I hope you didn't tip her.

Service like that does not deserve a tip.Well she won't be winning any employee of the month awards.

SP1966
04-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Some things never change.

Smelly bull
04-04-2014, 03:01 AM
So I'm running late and don't have time to fix my breakfast. I figure I'll just stop off at McDonald's and pick up an egg white delight (things delicious), and coffee. So I get to the counter and home girl from the hood gives me this sigh attitude. I tell her my order and she looks right through me like I'm invisible.

So I swipe the card and she goes wait (in full command style). But the order goes through and I take my receipt. I go stand to the side and wait...and wait...and wait for my order. Minutes later they call out my number and its only for the egg white delight and no coffee. So I say where the coffee? And they say "it coming", with no estimate as to how long it will take.

So I say don't call me just for half the order. Wait until you have everything ready then call me once so I can leave, not go back and wait again. So I notice the manager there and told her what just happened. She doesn't say a word just keeps making orders. I say no wonder your staff is so poorly trained.

So I tell her what she needs to do. First, apologize for having me wait so long or second, say something about the crappy service. Instead, she shoved the coffee at me and said "have a nice day sir".

So I told her that since she felt an apology was asking too much, I would email the company and tell them about the whole terrifying ordeal. Which is what I did.

Now before you get all cattywampus thinking I'm all high and mighty. Know this, I have worked in hospitality for many, many, years. From little corner cafes to worldwide hotel chains. And all that time I never once wavered from courtesy and professionalism.

All of what I asked them to do I have done more times than I can count. I would apologized everyday, for mistakes I didn't make, and for problems I had no control over. That's just the nature of the job. Its what I was taught, and what I now teach others.

If you feel you're too good to apologize on behalf of your employer, then you shouldn't be dealing with the public. Go work in the back with inventory or stock, out of site. I put up with more crap from people over the years to fill a database. I have no compunctions to doing every thing I can to release you from your torment. Especially since I gave them the opportunity to fix it.

My point is, if you get poor service, say something. First to the person/persons responsible and then, if they don't fix it, to their superiors.

I remember one of your posts where you called some woman "fat" as you where running off the bus. Still living with your Mom?

You are a whining b!tch Krane!

jeffaus
04-04-2014, 03:54 AM
McDonalds..... the too big to fail company of the fast food industry. That's the problem, if you go to a small restaurant where the owners work in the business and get bad service, they know word of mouth can hurt them. If you get bad service at Macca's, not a fkc is given. But I certainly wouldn't have gone as far as to waste my time writing to them to complain.

bodyhard
04-04-2014, 04:40 AM
That was a terrifying experience for you? Really???

latebloomingmom
04-04-2014, 04:51 AM
actually I dont really disagree with most of what you said..
I live in a college town so most of the employees at restaurants are college kids
I am amazed sometimes at what passes for good or even mediocre service anymore..

now sometimes I understand if I am standing in line at mcD's and its really swamped during lunch rush.
If I have to wait a while its ok
though I hate it when they screw up the order when you are in the drive thru :mad:

beachguy498
04-04-2014, 05:03 AM
I rarely eat any fast food and the poor service bugs me more than the marginal food they serve. If anything, I'll go to Wendys and get just a grilled chicken sandwich on the drive-up and call it done. In and out in 2 minutes and I deal with just one person.

Rob

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 05:05 AM
I took my 6 year old daughter to Wendy's for a frosty a couple days ago. There was one person ahead of me ordering when I got in line. He ordered and I stood in line for a few minutes while it seemed like the idiots decided to stop taking orders for some reason. So I just walked out (and hocked a loogie on their door as I left). Ironically, I then went to the drive through at McDonald's and got her a twist cone instead. Their service was fast and courteous.

Whiskeyjack
04-04-2014, 05:23 AM
So I just walked out (and hocked a loogie on their door as I left).

Did your daughter see you do that? Just curious.

Smelly bull
04-04-2014, 05:31 AM

I hope not...

GKC45
04-04-2014, 05:45 AM
A lot of sandy vaginas over some processed food slop.

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 06:44 AM

Nah, she was out already.

It was my parting shot, like a different poster said--an email to a large chain like that will do nothing. At least my loog is tangible entity they have to do something about eventually. lol. I also told a guy who just parked and was going in to not even waste his fkn time....

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 06:46 AM

Just a frosty, brah. Heisenberg says relax.

sytun
04-04-2014, 06:47 AM

lol

Oceanside
04-04-2014, 06:48 AM
I bought an egg McMuffin at McDonald's last year...

when I bought the kid at the counter handed me a little card with it...

it was one of those scratcher cards for instant cash..

I was pretty excited..

so I scratched it off to see how much money I won..

to my surprise..

all it said was...

Cowboybiker is a Mutt !

eomrat
04-04-2014, 06:50 AM
(and hocked a loogie on their door as I left).

While you were with your 6 year old daughter??? You must be a shoo in for parent of the year.

Idiot

Jtbny
04-04-2014, 06:55 AM
"There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity."

cowboybiker
04-04-2014, 06:58 AM
As I see it, some people are just impatient when it comes to the human factor.
I rarely eat fast food but if it comes to soon it make me think that it was pre-made sitting on a shelf under a lamp.

I went to Wendy's the other day and ordered a triple combo meal.
Went to go wash my hands and the guy was bringing it out to my table as i finished. I thought it was too fast.

So as I sat there eating my meal all I could think about was, Do OCD people eat french fries? Cause they're not the same length.

frozensparky
04-04-2014, 07:09 AM
So I just walked out (and hocked a loogie on their door as I left).

1 of 2 things here, either

1) this story is true, which makes you an idiot

or

2) This story is a lie, which makes you an idiot

I'm not sure which would make you a bigger idiot though, a grown man spitting on a window that now someone who is probably not even cooking or taking orders has to clean. Or a grown man making that story up.

The3Bar
04-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Krane, I agree with the "principle" of what you are saying. Truly. I hate bad customer service as the next person. But it is McDonald's. I don't know if McDonald's in the U.S. is much different than here in Germany, but here customer service is horrible as these are probably the worse (worst or worse?) paid people here. Normal restaurants (Gasthof) pay reasonable wages. McDonald's doesn't and there are not tips.

If you want better service, perhaps you might want to find a better place for your morning meal.

beachguy498
04-04-2014, 07:15 AM

I have to make a point to use the SV term at least a few times today... thanks!

sytun
04-04-2014, 07:22 AM
You should try getting food from a Mc Donalds in Bali, if you ever go there on holiday, The last time I went they had these little egg timers on the tills and once you place your order they flip them over and race around like blue ass flies to get your order done before the grains of sand run out. They also sell booze

cowboybiker
04-04-2014, 07:23 AM
They're making 8 bucks an hour and they want 15.

They didn't get it and you think its wise to eat there and be impatient with them?

Maybe they hocked a loogie in your coffee. Or next time you go back to Wendy's there loogie boy, you find a special treat in your kids frosty.

latebloomingmom
04-04-2014, 07:48 AM
As I see it, some people are just impatient when it comes to the human factor.
I rarely eat fast food but if it comes to soon it make me think that it was pre-made sitting on a shelf under a lamp.

I went to Wendy's the other day and ordered a triple combo meal.
Went to go wash my hands and the guy was bringing it out to my table as i finished. I thought it was too fast.

So as I sat there eating my meal all I could think about was, Do OCD people eat french fries? Cause they're not the same length.
of course they just organize them into little piles first...
this one is short
this one is medium
this one has potato skin on both ends
this one only on one end :)

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 07:51 AM
1 of 2 things here, either

1) this story is true, which makes you an idiot

dgaf

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 07:52 AM
They're making 8 bucks an hour and they want 15.

They didn't get it and you think its wise to eat there and be impatient with them?

Maybe they hocked a loogie in your coffee. Or next time you go back to Wendy's there loogie boy, you find a special treat in your kids frosty.

Would only go back there if it was to torch the place, so no worries.........

cowboybiker
04-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Would only go back there if it was to torch the place, so no worries.........

Sounds like a terrorist threat.

Good thing I quoted it for future reference.

crupiea
04-04-2014, 08:22 AM
I work customer service. 99% of my interactions are because the customer screwed something up, didnt read something, doesnt understand something or is just a whiner to start with.

The hardest part is getting them to understand they screwed up in a nice way.

beachguy498
04-04-2014, 09:07 AM
I work customer service. 99% of my interactions are because the customer screwed something up, didnt read something, doesnt understand something or is just a whiner to start with.

The hardest part is getting them to understand they screwed up in a nice way.

The CS at Sears had it down to a science. If you called with a complaint, they'd forward you to someone else and that person would be an idiot. Then that person would forward you to someone worse and so on. Finally, you give up. I haven't bought anything from Sears in over 30 years.

Rob

beachguy498
04-04-2014, 09:09 AM
of course they just organize them into little piles first...
this one is short
this one is medium
this one has potato skin on both ends
this one only on one end :)

I eat all the short mis-shapen ones first. Then I gradually work my way through to them until I'm eating only the whole unbroken ones at the end. We all have a system.

Rob

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 09:12 AM
The CS at Sears had it down to a science. If you called with a complaint, they'd forward you to someone else and that person would be an idiot. Then that person would forward you to someone worse and so on. Finally, you give up. I haven't bought anything from Sears in over 30 years.

Rob

s_9WN_9D2nY

drudixon
04-04-2014, 11:24 AM
How does Op know cashier was from the hood...???

so-tex
04-04-2014, 11:28 AM
How does Op know cashier was from the hood...???OP is a profiling racist!

GKC45
04-04-2014, 11:39 AM
How does Op know cashier was from the hood...???Because she had blonde hair and blue eyes with a Harvard accent.

machined
04-04-2014, 12:11 PM
I swipe the card and she goes wait (in full command style).

This is where I snap. The rest doesn't bother me.

acrawlingchaos
04-04-2014, 12:29 PM
.......I know bro... I know. Shhhhh

shhhhhhh

shhhh

Don't fight it.

No more tears.

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/wsg/image/1382/87/1382871361240.gif

cowboybiker
04-04-2014, 12:36 PM
How does Op know cashier was from the hood...???

Cause she had Dat Ass...

Brackneyc
04-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I took my 6 year old daughter to Wendy's for a frosty a couple days ago. There was one person ahead of me ordering when I got in line. He ordered and I stood in line for a few minutes while it seemed like the idiots decided to stop taking orders for some reason. So I just walked out (and hocked a loogie on their door as I left). Ironically, I then went to the drive through at McDonald's and got her a twist cone instead. Their service was fast and courteous.

DB post of the week.

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 02:13 PM
DB post of the week.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9fwywPBOv1qlh1le.gif

Was going for "of the year" though, brah...

acrawlingchaos
04-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Was going for "of the year" though, brah...You have a lot of competition.

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 02:20 PM
You have a lot of competition.

The thing is, if you just do stuff and nothing happens, what's it all mean? What's the point? Oh right this whole thing is about self acceptance. So I should stop judging, and accept. So matter what I do, hooray for me cuz I'm a great guy? You either run from things or you face them. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am. I'm the DB.

--that should lock it up.

cowboybiker
04-04-2014, 02:24 PM
The thing is, if you just do stuff and nothing happens, what's it all mean? What's the point? Oh right this whole thing is about self acceptance. So I should stop judging, and accept. So matter what I do, hooray for me cuz I'm a great guy? You either run from things or you face them. It's all about accepting who you really are. I accept who I am. I'm the DB.

--that should lock it up.
You're a manly man when it comes to ice cream.

Frnkd
04-04-2014, 02:27 PM

Hahahaha.....I got a free salad from my ordeal. Not as bad as yours but rolling of the eyes from some high schooler is not my standards of behavior. I my self have help develop a customer service program for the place I work.

I didnt waste time to email, I called from that McDonalds to corporate. Dont forget to get the store number for reference though.

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 02:33 PM
You're a manly man when it comes to ice cream.

Not a Breaking Bad fan I take it CBB?

Frnkd
04-04-2014, 02:42 PM
i mentioned this before in another post, but lately Ive had good results twitting my concerns. Seems large corporations and chains monitor their tweets. Go to their website and if they have a twitter account go for it. Done it with Ford and Hyundai, and got a free rental car with Ford and personalized walk through to solve my bluetooth problem with Hyundai.

I dont complain for the sake of complaining as I always take into consideration the circumstances that may cause a delay of service or poor service (in my book anyway).

The amount of pay one gets or the kind of job one does not justify poor attitude or service, nor should anyone be subjected to it.

GuyJin
04-04-2014, 03:30 PM
This topic deserves to be a movie of the week.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

:D

Brackneyc
04-04-2014, 03:40 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9fwywPBOv1qlh1le.gif

Was going for "of the year" though, brah...

Not a chance. Amateur effort at best. Good for the week however.

Spitting on a door is pretty bad ass though.

Brackneyc
04-04-2014, 03:43 PM
I accept who I am. I'm the DB.

--

There is no good argument to be made against it.

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Not a chance. Amateur effort at best. Good for the week however.

Spitting on a door is pretty bad ass though.

Bad ass <> DB.

Get your titles straight, horshack.....

paolo59
04-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I've quit giving any information at the drive through until they ask for it. I used to lay it all out...a number 1, no cheese, mustard, regular fries, and a medium Dr. Pepper. After having had the questions asked, regardless of what you just said, I just patiently wait anymore. I don't eat 'fast food' that often. I guess I can put up with whatever they dish out at the little window. Although a rude service person, face to face, is absolutely inexcusable. I don't expect them to be freakin' Doris Day, all smiles and sunshine, but they ought to be pleasant.

Brackneyc
04-04-2014, 04:42 PM
Bad ass <> DB.

Get your titles straight, horshack.....

DB trumps all. The laws of nature do not allow one to be a DB and badass at the same time. Surely you knew this.

ajdahlheimer
04-04-2014, 04:48 PM
DB trumps all. The laws of nature do not allow one to be a DB and badass at the same time. Surely you knew this.

So you don't know what "<>" means?

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/PuckinUgly57/TheShocker.jpg

Corbi
04-04-2014, 04:52 PM
This topic deserves to be a movie of the week.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Dead or alive you're coming with me.

GuyJin
04-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Dead or alive you're coming with me.

ーーー
Stick with the original. The remake bites.

sytun
04-05-2014, 01:14 AM
ーーー
Stick with the original. The remake bites.

I remember being about 10 years old and watching that scene where the bad guy gets covered in acid and his face melts....... precious memories, no need to remake films like that! same as total recall! they need to leave films like that alone. (Totally off topic my bad)

On topic: I once got served by this dude in a subway, he had a bogey hanging a good 1/4 of and inch from his nostril, a dry flaky thing that was on the brink of dropping, I wanted to tell him, but It was too awkward, so I just let it dangle for the next customer to worry about.

drudixon
04-05-2014, 04:13 AM
OP is a profiling racist!

Op looks down his nose at somebody and is surprised when they respond accordingly...

Pretty sure he uses the n-word, er not a.

Bushmaster
04-05-2014, 05:43 AM
Oh, Krane..... what are we ever going to do with you? :(

I was in the library the other day to ask for a reference book and there were three representative helping one lady. I asked them for the book and one said we're helping this lady. I said there's three of you, it take all three of you? And she said yes and turned away. Maybe in your fantasy world there is no racism, but some certainly still exists in mine.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=963627483#post963627483

GKC45
04-05-2014, 06:16 AM
Good work Clouseau. Get yourself a cookie.

KRANE
04-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Oh, Krane..... what are we ever going to do with you? :(

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=963627483#post963627483Listen and learn?

Customer service may not be a Nobel Prize winning profession but its what I did for many years and I was good at it. I know what it takes and when someone doesn't measure up and/or is not the right personalty for it. If that weren't true I wouldn't have been appointed chief trainer in every job I had. If my employers weren't sure of that, they certainly wouldn't have given me that much influence over their businesses.

They recognized something that you cannot, that I care about the work I do and the reputation I established. When I finally gave it up, my boss said I could come back anytime I wanted. He had no idea how painful it sometimes was for me. That's because I knew my place and my duties. I'd always ask myself what would I expect from the employees of my business?

I was never to busy to acknowledge my customer or to fed up with my job/life to talk to them respectfully. When I felt that I have done enough and it was time to move on, I did it with the same professionalism as I did when I started as a teenager. I hope you realize I know what I'm talking about and the I can tell the difference. But even if you don't, then that's your loss.
Op looks down his nose at somebody and is surprised when they respond accordingly...

Pretty sure he uses the n-word, er not a.
Guess again Jeff. The word isn't even in my lexicon.

paolo59
04-05-2014, 10:03 PM
Well brother, I don't know why folks give you such a hard time around here. Honestly! :( Everyone can find something to 'bitch' about, and in today's world, there's lots. Doesn't do anyone any good, mind you! :) But you just get fed up sometimes, pop up a thread, and have at it. From what I can see of threads, yours isn't out of the ordinary! I am one professional 'bitcher!; LMAO And you don't even come close to the 'bitchin' I do on a regular basis! :)

Bushmaster
04-06-2014, 04:37 AM
Listen and learn?

Customer service may not be a Nobel Prize winning profession but its what I did for many years and I was good at it. I know what it takes and when someone doesn't measure up and/or is not the right personalty for it. If that weren't true I wouldn't have been appointed chief trainer in every job I had. If my employers weren't sure of that, they certainly wouldn't have given me that much influence over their businesses.

They recognized something that you cannot, that I care about the work I do and the reputation I established. When I finally gave it up, my boss said I could come back anytime I wanted. He had no idea how painful it sometimes was for me. That's because I knew my place and my duties. I'd always ask myself what would I expect from the employees of my business?

I was never to busy to acknowledge my customer or to fed up with my job/life to talk to them respectfully. When I felt that I have done enough and it was time to move on, I did it with the same professionalism as I did when I started as a teenager. I hope you realize I know what I'm talking about and the I can tell the difference. But even if you don't, then that's your loss.

Well, if you thought this experience was "terrifying," then I'd suggest you stay FAR away from the DMV and post office...

paolo59
04-06-2014, 07:40 AM
Well, if you thought this experience was "terrifying," then I'd suggest you stay FAR away from the DMV and post office...

LOL I spent almost 3 hours waiting at the DMV back in January. Those hatchet faced ladies behind the counter are just downright mean! :(

Oceanside
04-06-2014, 07:52 AM
I dunno..

maybe it's just me...

but when I fork out my hard earned 2 and a half bucks for breakfast, I expect service with a smile :)

Bushmaster
04-06-2014, 08:05 AM
LOL I spent almost 3 hours waiting at the DMV back in January. Those hatchet faced ladies behind the counter are just downright mean! :(

They are.. in fact I think they get paid commission on the number of people they piss off.

And the post office..... ugh. Slowest, most apathetic people on earth. I can't even begin to describe the amount of "I DON'T GIVE A FUK" in that place.

I dunno..

maybe it's just me...

but when I fork out my hard earned 2 and a half bucks for breakfast, I expect service with a smile :)

You can always count on minimum wage employees who probably feel like the whole world is against them to give you the royal treatment. :)

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Op should open a food chain. Seems like a no brainer.

bodyhard
04-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Can we just revisit the word "terrifying" and its meaning, because I really don't get it.

Annoying maybe, frustrating, irritable even, but terrifying?

Someone mentioned terrifying at the DMV, how is that even possible????????

Bushmaster
04-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Can we just revisit the word "terrifying" and its meaning, because I really don't get it.

Lol sarcasm meter broken?

paolo59
04-06-2014, 08:49 AM

Hell yea, it's possible. Two of those horrible old biddies were as terrifying a sight as I've ever seen! :( The stuff of nightmares!!! :)

Bushmaster
04-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Hell yea, it's possible. Two of those horrible old biddies were as terrifying a sight as I've ever seen! :( The stuff of nightmares!!! :)

...and then you never know how your drivers license photo will turn out.. :eek:

paolo59
04-06-2014, 08:53 AM
...and then you never know how your drivers license photo will turn out.. :eek:

LOL That's true! I told the woman behind the counter, I just get uglier the older I get. She didn't smile, she didn't wink, she didn't say a thing. She just scowled. Might as well have said, yea buddy, you're right. You're uglier than sin on the Sabbath! :(

IH8RICE
04-06-2014, 09:03 AM

Too bad you didnt record that. Send that to upper managemnt and watch heads roll. Was heading to work this morning and some ******* kids decided to high beam me and proceed to drive in front of me and pull out a flashlight and flash it in my face. Middle fingers were also given by them. I took out my phone and took a picture of the idiots and the license plate. I went to check a voicemail and they slow down and immediatly turned. This is the technology age, you gotta come correct, especially in a place such as mcdonalds.

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 01:58 PM
This is the technology age, you gotta come correct, especially in a place such as mcdonalds.

Or simply choose better places to spend 2.00.

KRANE
04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Well, if you thought this experience was "terrifying," then I'd suggest you stay FAR away from the DMV Fortunately Florida has the mail in renewal. I got another 5 years. I guess the word got out?
and post office...You don't really want me to go there...do you?

One more thing, it appears you can recognized the difference between good CS and bad.
Or simply choose better places to spend 2.00.Shall I look for a sign on the door? MDs claims good CS is important to them.

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Fortunately Florida has the mail in renewal. I got another 5 years. I guess the word got out?You don't really want me to go there...do you?

One more thing, it appears you can recognized the difference between good CS and bad.Shall I look for a sign on the door? MDs claims good CS is important to them.

You vote with your feet/money on matters such as this. THAT will get their attention.

Both of the McDs in our town have provided me with great CS. When that changes, I will stop going there. I rarely do anyway, but when I do, they do right by me.

YMMV.

UnaChispita
04-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Okay, I've got questions for OP-

1. How long did you have to wait?

2. Did you request a special order?

3. An egg white delight seems like kind of a dainty dish for a big feller like yourself. Weren't you still hungry?

4. Don't you have more important things to worry about?

Fishman15
04-06-2014, 02:36 PM

And if one of the employees saw you do that when you come back at some point...you can expect a loogie on your burger...smh

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 02:44 PM
And if one of the employees saw you do that when you come back at some point...you can expect a loogie on your burger...smh

After they pick it up from the floor.

KRANE
04-06-2014, 02:47 PM
You vote with your feet/money on matters such as this. THAT will get their attention. You may have a point, but that's after I tell them what they did wrong. And some business have even thanked me because they didn't know they had such a messed up employee.

Think about it, if you had a business wouldn't you want to know what your customers think about you and your service? I absolutely would.

Both of the McDs in our town have provided me with great CS. When that changes, I will stop going there. I rarely do anyway, but when I do, they do right by me.

YMMV.I get great service too many times. In fact, I have had occasions where they did everything right. But where I used to go to MDs every day, I now go only in emergencies.
Okay, I've got questions for OP-

1. How long did you have to wait?

I'm glad you asked. How about until I see two people that came in after me leave with their orders?

2. Did you request a special order?Its a sandwich on the menu. There was nothing special about it.

3. An egg white delight seems like kind of a dainty dish for a big feller like yourself. Weren't you still hungry?Are you trying to say real men don't eat eggs? But if it makes you feel better I did order 3 of them.

4. Don't you have more important things to worry about?

:DAlways. But if nobody takes the time service will just get worse and worse...for everyone. You're welcome. :)

UnaChispita
04-06-2014, 02:54 PM
I'm glad you asked. How about until I see two people that came in after me leave with their orders?

So, when I read that, I'll bet they didn't have enough ready--so you had to wait. Or, were they switching over to their lunch menu?

Are you trying to say real men don't eat eggs? But if it makes you feel better I did order 3 of them.

I was not implying that. I do feel better. Now I know you won't lose your gainz.

Always. But if nobody takes the time service will just get worse and worse...for everyone. You're welcome. :)

Meh. Coulda been a fluke. Maybe they were short-staffed. I've worked in many areas of customer service and do agree the manager is key. If she's allowing her employees to act that way, it won't get better. Find a different Mickey Ds.

However, I do think asking nicely the first time usually gets me what I want. If I'm rude, then not so much.

PjzBoozer
04-06-2014, 02:55 PM

this is why i misc.

latebloomingmom
04-06-2014, 03:03 PM
well now this thread made me wanna go out and try one of those egg white thing-a-ma-what-cha-call-its the other day..gotta say its was alright :)

ps I got it at drive-thru and they put splenda and creamer in my coffee so it was a win

so-tex
04-06-2014, 03:06 PM
well now this thread made me wanna go out and try one of those egg white thing-a-ma-what-cha-call-its the other day..gotta say its was alright :)

ps I got it at drive-thru and they spit and creamed in my coffee so it was a win:eek:

latebloomingmom
04-06-2014, 03:07 PM
oooo cripes

hahaha

so-tex
04-06-2014, 03:09 PM
oooo cripes

hahaha

:d:D :p :D

UnaChispita
04-06-2014, 03:10 PM

I know. I looked it up after I read the post. Unfortunately, this looks suspiciously like a "gateway sammich" and next thing I'll be downing Big Macs and hot fudge sundaes (hold the nuts).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6djRPDc4n00/UYZnpxNPHGI/AAAAAAAAe8s/qw6CdU6HBjE/s1600/1+dollar+McDonalds+Egg+White+Delight+Coupon.png

ps I got it at drive-thru and they put splenda and creamer in my coffee so it was a win

In my pre-cut days, I would go thru the drivethru and they were awesome and would give my dog a treat too.

so-tex
04-06-2014, 03:13 PM
No Yolk, No care.

GuyJin
04-06-2014, 03:16 PM
:eek:

---

LMAO at the changing of the text to the gal with the hat.:)

Remind me to change all your texts next time around.

Corbi
04-06-2014, 03:25 PM
The DMV here is outstanding, the one in my old town was horrific and you would actually sit there for 3-4 hrs. I do plate renewals online but for drivers license renewals I go to Portage and DMV there only does licenses and driving tests, no plate or title stuff. I walk in and out with new license in hand in under 5 minutes. The big DMV in Madison I heard used to be awful but no they have a systme and it appears to be working well. Had to get plates for the Mustang since I bought it out of state. I was in and out in under 20 minutes so no complaints here at all.

GKC45
04-06-2014, 04:45 PM
I like to take a crap at McDonalds and not flush. It feels like revenge. I call it a Brown ****e Delite.

Brackneyc
04-06-2014, 05:11 PM
You may have a point, but that's after I tell them what they did wrong. And some business have even thanked me because they didn't know they had such a messed up employee.

Think about it, if you had a business wouldn't you want to know what your customers think about you and your service? I absolutely would.

I get great service too many times. In fact, I have had occasions where they did everything right. But where I used to go to MDs every day, I now go only in emergencies.

I actually do own a business, and have for the past 24 years. It is 100% service related. I am however not as big as McDs, so keeping my workforce on task and doing their job is not on the same level as McDs.

Of course they thanked you...to your face. THAT is how they allow you to feel validated (I've done it too). I also worked at a retail establishment, and trust me when I say it, I got treated like SHT by several customers because they came in mad or with an attitude. I worked at a retail auto parts store. Idiot customers come in mad, get mad at the price of the part, then get mad because I sold them the wrong part for their car....and THEY gave me incorrect info in the first place. I have forgotten more about cars than the average customer will ever know. Yet, I am the idiot because THEY didn't know what year their car was, or what size motor it had in it.

My only regret about doing retail was allowing customers to treat me in a way that under NO other circumstances would they have even considered it.

Dave1958
04-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Go to chick fil a never had bad service or bad food. They know how to train their people

Bushmaster
04-06-2014, 05:53 PM
You don't really want me to go there...do you?

Go where? I don't give a fuk if you talk about the post office or not..

One more thing, it appears you can recognized the difference between good CS and bad.Shall I look for a sign on the door? MDs claims good CS is important to them.

It might be to "them" but if you're expecting some poor minimum wage worker behind the counter to suck your cok simply because you're buying a cup of coffee from the place that only pays her minimum wage, then I'm afraid have some bad news for you...

GKC45
04-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Go where? I don't give a fuk if you talk about the post office or not..

It might be to "them" but if you're expecting some poor minimum wage worker behind the counter to suck your cok simply because you're buying a cup of coffee from the place that only pays her minimum wage, then I'm afraid have some bad news for you...

I have to rep this.

Oceanside
04-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Go to chick fil a never had bad service or bad food. They know how to train their people

I went to chick-fil-A once and everyone behind the counter was walking around with smile and yet they seemed like they were in some sort of trance, it was actually pretty spooky having to answer 30 question about how my day was going and what kind of crap I might want tossed into my bag as far condiments go.....chick-fil-a was a prime example of how people can take politeness to an irritating level....

I left thinking they were all in some sort of religious cult and vowed never to go back !